[attr="class","swarmHead"]
A DUSKNOIR

swarm has appeared!

[attr="class","swarmCut"]
[attr="class","swarmCutIn"]
[attr="class","swarmCutBG"]

[attr="class","swarmIMG"]

[attr="class","swarmText"]

A SWARM OF DUSKNOIR APPEAR IN RUSTURF TUNNEL. Stumbling upon this midnight mass is an eerie sight. Their antenna occasionally make horrific sounds: transmissions from what is rumoured to be a spirit world. Should you dare disturb their creepy congregation, perhaps you will leave with one of them in your pokeball— and your soul intact.[break][break]

[break][break]

what will you do?

[attr="class","swarmInstr"]
instructions

• only one character of yours may participate.
  • in order to qualify for the capture, you must ROLL using the ROLL COMMAND & REFERENCE A PHOBIA OF ANY KIND somewhere in your post. you may use an image, gif, use an analogy, figurative language, etc.
  • the highest roll will earn a shiny dusknoir (gender of your choice); the second highest roll will earn a regular dusknoir, and the lowest roll will net a regular dusclops.
  • the attempted capture will not consume a pokéball.
  • the dusknoir/duskull have movesets that will be revealed at the end of the event.
  • this is a time-limited event and will end october 24th (12AM PST).

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,040 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
DUSKNOIR SWARM (MM PT. 2)
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 8:23:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
it definitely is an eerie sight that's made even more eerie by the horrific sounds it transmits. but it's okay because he deosn't have PHONOPHOBIA, which is defined as a persistent, abnormal, and unwarranted fear of sound.

he waves at one of the dusknoir right before his own ghosts emerge out of the shadows.

Zb9bjf4Q
@dusknoir
close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 8:53:36 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
when i knew the world wasn't meant for me,

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
you rescued me, you rescued me

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]

The ethereal being starting to form around the dusknoir trying to spook the people out from their abode yet Kano is still brave enough to venture further as she doesn't have PHASMOPHOBIA since the dead will remain to be dead and they hold no power over the living being. People who state otherwise are lunatic as there is no such thing as a poltergeist phenomenon or possession phenomenon - You can't pour any more water into a cup that is already full of water, to begin with. [break][break]

x3T6leGu

[attr=class,bottom-text]

@tag

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/pjeGnzr.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
410 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2021 0:37:05 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
It would be awfully silly for a ghost-type trainer to be afraid of ghosts. Dusknoir was an interesting ghost. Phasmophobia was definitely not something that Aaron had. And the blonde instead had a fascination of them, and the relation between those Pokemon and humans. Some had truly depressing backstories. And it made him want to love them even more. Cold and stoic he may appear, but he did have a heart and could be sweet as can be. Aaron had his Trevenant out and at the ready for a tough fight. The tunnel was creepy enough, and Aaron smiled, ready to fight the pesky Pokemon...

qQ9xGWh_
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2021 2:15:28 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It was harder to show up for these things when you had no interest or connection to the pokémon.

Rare was that was for Sénon these guys just didn't do it for him.

Just as likely he was itching to get out here and finish this Ranger's duty because he had somewhere else to be.

It was movie night, he and watched movies a lot of nights but tonight was one of their designated movie nights (90's Night) and the movie was a real horror dud ripe for throwing popcorn at the screen which he always did and questioning the plot and character motivations like she did.

"Hurry up you mummies. I'm not missing Arachnophobia for this."

● tags: @pokeswarm (dusknoir)

7Ayt9HD1

close tab

played by

outcast

genni, gen
she/her
twenty three
august 10th
aspertia city, unova
bisexual
ghost, poison, & steel
grunt
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
329 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genesis
genesis aria fox
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 1:47:17 GMT
genesis aria fox Avatar
She missed the last report of spiritomb being spotted, she wasn’t about to miss another ghost spotting. The raven haired woman made the trip from one town to the next, making it to rusturf tunnel in no time. Green orbs observed the ghostly group, eyes glued to the oddly colored one almost instantly. The tunnel was dark, thankful she didn’t have any PHONOPHOBIAs of the dark places or creepy crawly bugs.

Reaching into her pocket, the woman summoned a pokemon. The brilliant light drawn the ghost to their location, but Genesis wasted no time. “Dark pulse!” The spiritomb send out a beam of dark energy into the group of ghost types, aiming for anything that dared to get close to them. The trainer plucked an empty ball form her pocket, tossing the ball into the crowd in hopes she would caught something. Praying, for the oddly colored one.

Sd504h18
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2021 12:51:58 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
i wanna know, if i tell you a secret will you keep it?

i taught noodles that word up there, phonophobia, cause that's something sam struggles with. that and claustrophobia but, we won't go into detail about all that. just mention it, as required.

moving out from the shadows, thanks to his sableye's shadow sneak, sam eyed the dusknoir curiously. a particular one caught his eye, and only a chance of fate would tell if he'd manage a capture that eve or not.
IANj_REc
close tab

played by

kimmy

lana, rue
he/they
september 1
littleroot town
bisexual
coordinator
civilian
forever alone
38 height
38 height
'Cause you don't belong where you don't belong Yeah, I don't belong
awards
180 posts
ruslan skye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruslan
ruslan skye
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 3:05:46 GMT
ruslan skye Avatar

He followed the eccentric group of trainers crawling into the tunnel, squinting into the darkness as a single red eye floated around him, eye open and alert for their quarry. “See anything?” Lana asked as he moved slowly as his eyes got used to the darkness. He wasn’t too worried in searching for long. Ghost has always made their way near him, even if momentarily. They’d find a friend or two for Mikey yet.

He felt his partner circle around him excitedly, antsy as he waited to encounter another of his kind to say hello. “Make sure you remember the way…I don’t want to come out of this with mazeophobia.” He added as he gently bumped into a boulder and touched his way past it.

6rH12Qm1
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
629 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2021 13:49:20 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

This truly was the season, wasn’t it? From dusk till dawn, the ghosts reigned supreme, migrating in larger swarms once the sun went down properly. It was probably one of the reasons why a certain captain she knew lived at sea most of the time, for there were few of those going around. Then again, they had run into a giant Jellicent and almost died. Yet, where that probably only enhanced the captain’s fear, Violet remained unfazed.
[break][break]
She’d always liked ghosts after all. Most of them were fairly cute. Others were just fascinating, like the two Spiritombs flanking her, which kept stray Dusknoirs away from her as she observed. Well, the hostile ones at least. She would not turn away any that would want to join her, of course. But otherwise, she was content simply sitting on a ledge, letting her feet dangle, and watch the migration.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

v|to8POr
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2021 4:01:21 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

There are many phobias that could lead one to not want to step into a place like Rusturf Tunnel. Claustrophobia, the fear of enclosed spaces. Cleithrophobia, the fear of being trapped. Dystychiphobia, the fear of having an accident. There’s apparently even Speluncaphobia! The morbid fear of caves and caverns!
[break][break]
Mars thankfully suffered from none of these, and since he didn’t, he thought them to be terribly silly. Nothing stopped him from stepping into Rusturf tunnel when hearing of the gathering Dusknoir, and equipped with noise-cancelling headphones, he soon got close enough to them to throw a pokéball at a shiny one...

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwtnotes"]
aGua99qn

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2021 4:30:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.swarmBG]--swarmColor:#725673[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","swarmBG"]
[attr="class","swarmHead"]
THE DUSKNOIR

swarm has fled!

[attr="class","swarmCut"]
[attr="class","swarmCutIn"]
[attr="class","swarmCutBG"]

[attr="class","swarmIMG"]

[attr="class","swarmText"]

THE TRANSMISSIONS STOP. with that, the tether to the spiritual world is cut. several liberties are severed too, cut by the circular blade of a pokeball's lid.[break][break]

[break][break]

THE WINNERS:[break][break]

[break]
male or female - frisk[break]
gravity / shadow ball / will-o-wisp / shadow sneak / poltergeist / focus blast
[break][break]

[break]
male or female - frisk[break]
gravity / shadow ball / thunder punch / disable / skitter smack / pain split
[break][break]