daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 6:48:10 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Are you ready?"[break][break]

After the incident in Sootopolis, bolstering the reputation of the League seems more important than ever. Or at least that's what Luka's been made to understand. The minutiae of Hoennian politics are lost on her— a complexity of tangled webs, knots that a newcomer like herself cannot yet hope to unravel.[break][break]

But that doesn't mean she won't try to help whenever she can. Luka takes her job of representing very seriously, and she'd organized a little exhibition match for him to show off for the League. It's a causal affair held in downtown Lilycove, but a crowd has already formed around the area sectioned off for the battle.[break][break]

"It's nothing fancy," she explains on their way over. "Just a friendly little match! T-try not to bully them too badly, okay?" she adds with a laugh. She can still remember their first battle. "Just smile a little, and have fun!"[break][break]

[break]MISSION

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 15:51:41 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
things have been rough recently. unstable, almost, as unrest continues to spread across the region. it reminds him of kanto, of a time he'd rather forget, but today, this little match proves to be a good distraction.

"bully? i never bully."

just like how he wasn't bullying her when they first battled.

and just like they practiced, he smiles.

"like this?"

in the background, more people start to gather.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2021 6:46:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

why was she in lilycove again? stupid fish town (sorry fish). typically, it wasn’t her scene, but after some training with —and in a rare departure from the dark of her basement—she was here to flex and cause a ruckus. apparently matias silph was here, and she craved redemption, or at least revenge for her embarrassment.

fuck the silphs.

lulu was not, however, the unfortunate asshole on the other end of the field this time. perhaps never again. rather, she snuck through the crowd like a predator.

soon.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2021 10:04:51 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Perfect!"[break][break]

Luka claps her hands together in delight. Matias doesn't wear the same joyful smile that she dons easily, but his small and casual grin is better suited to his face. They've made a lot of progress![break][break]

"Then let's get started. Good afternoon, everyone!"[break][break]

A short announcement details the impending battle. Most of the crowd looks excited, though Luka spots a few frowns among the audience. No matter...they'll just have to turn them all upside down![break][break]

Across the field, Matias' opponent readies her Pokemon. She sends out a Dragapult to attack first, starting out the exhibition with a whirl of excitement.

[break]MISSION

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 8:27:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
to the crowd, matias waves, but his attention shortly falls to the dragapult. it's not an unfamiliar pokemon by any means, and it's one he's encountered before, so this should make for an easy battle...

but this battle is about putting on a display, isn't it?

"take it easy, ash."

the charizard nods before taking off into the air. soon, the battle starts with a strong HURRICANE that whips through the crowd as well.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 4:30:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

someone with a megaphone ascended onto a platform previously hidden by the gathered crowd. their hair whipped in the HURRICANE over black a mask.

“matias silph: why are you here? why are you not helping address the situation in sootopolis?”

another from the crowd: “the league would rather worry about publicity than hoennian lives! the powers that be turn their backs on you!” then another: “open your eyes, sheeple!” and from the other side: “fuck the league!”

“free sootopolis!” someone unaffiliated, in support of orange.

the person on the platform took over again. “sootopolis is free! rocket will keep you safe from another invasion. your families safe. your homes. the league doesn’t care. they had the manpower, and they failed you! destroyed a monument! our lives and cities are expendable!”

the crowd was effectively disrupted, interest in the match waning. then, it began. someone threw a water bottle—right at matias’ head.

lulu grinned, still hidden.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 17:25:53 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

On the other side of the field, Dragapult vanishes. Matias' opponent gestures with a flourish to ready their attack, but her concentration is broken when the shouting begins.[break][break]

"Safe from invasion?" a voice in the crowd shouts in rebuttal, "You assholes caused the invasion!"[break][break]

"And the league couldn't do anything about it! They're useless!" yells another.[break][break]

"Wait, what— " Green eyes widen as Luka's carefully planned exhibition descends into chaos, the first discordant voices ringing out as the start of an avalanche. Luka gasps as projectiles are thrown towards Matias and runs out to try and intercept them, though such a slip of a thing can barely do anything besides act as a meat shield for her friend.[break][break]

"Not everything has to be about sides!" she shouts in protest. "This isn't— w-why can't we come together and celebrate our camaraderie as trainers? There's no need to fight— " But her words are mostly lost over the discontented hum of the crowd, buzzling like a swarm of angry wasps.[break][break]

While the crowd is distracted and Matias is assaulted, the Dragapult reappears right in front of Ash, slamming into the Charizard with the full weight of a Phantom Force.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 11:30:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
their battle is disrupted not long after it starts, and matias can't help but sigh as he turns to face the crowd. well, one section of the crowd, anyway, as the stadium stretches into a circle that wraps around them.

it's why he doesn't see the bottle of water being thrown at him. it smacks against his head, and though he's been hit far worse, this one particularly stings.

"luka—"

how good is a meat shield when it isn't tall enough to cover your head?

he steps in front of her, acting as her meat shield instead before he turns his back to the crowd. he faces her, grabbing her by her shoulders.

"fuck the battle. we need to leave."

in the background, his charizard continues to struggle against the dragapult.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 7:06:37 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

even the unique spirit of sport was not enough to reunite bitter sides once the first stone had been thrown. colors came into view.

lulu waded through the crowd, catching a slivered view through shoulders of matias, turning his back to shield a woman with pink hair, who’d been shouting about peace. she looked a little like @emi .

amidst everything going on, lulu ducked between shadows, only to make a display of reappearing in someone else’s at the very threshold of the audience. there were several gasps as shadow faded from her again.

she stepped out, calling, “matias! how about a rematch? show them you can handle a rocket?”

two pokéballs were held up in her hand, and she flashed a deceptively friendly grin.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 9:54:00 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Luka's role as a meat shield only lasts long enough for her to be pelted with another water bottle. It crunches against her side and it doesn't really hurt, but the principle of the thing is distressing enough. Lukewarm water soaks into her skirt.[break][break]

She watches in despair as the crowd devolves into chaos around them. There's shouting, a few more projectiles thrown. Somewhere around the outskirts of the makeshift battlefield, a fistfight has broken out. Her desperate pleas have done nothing: sugar and honey can't quell the rising tide.[break][break]

The hands that twist into her skirt are shaking slightly. She's trembling when Matias turns around to face her, and she hates that she looks so vulnerable. "Wait.." Luka stares into his eyes and she recognizes the urgency there, but— "I know, but...this is my fault, I should...I need to stop it somehow..."[break][break]

But how? Tensions continue to rise. The angry buzzing of the crowd rings in her ears like television static. Luka fumbles for a Pokeball and releases her Buneary, though the little rabbit that hops on her shoulder is hardly more equipped to deal with this than she is.[break][break]

A hush sweeps over the crowd just then, and Luka looks up just in time to see another woman emerge from the shadows, detaching from the inky darkness as though she were made of it herself. Luka swallows.[break][break]

"Do you know— " She shakes her head. "W-wait, it doesn't matter. I don't think, um...I-I don't think battling is a good idea right now..."

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 10:52:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"there's nothing we can do."

speaking from experience, whatever they may attempt to do now will only work against them. there's no calming a mob, but there is distracting them with...

a rematch.

who the fuck?

"tch."

never one to back down from a fight, he calls out two pokemon, turning to face his opponent.

"your move!"

he buys them time, at least, as the raging crowd starts to calm, choosing to watch the battle that's about to play out instead. one of them even sends out an opposing mr. mime to fight luka's buneary.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 11:49:45 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

lulu watched with amusement as his publicist struggled, and then her attention was on him again. she gave a toothy smirk.

’tch.’ though it wasn’t audible over the chaos, she could practically hear it in her ear from across their distance. was that a silph thing?

she wondered if he recognized her yet, but supposed it didn’t really matter. it would mean the same to her, regardless.

in a quick motion, two pokeballs were tossed, and the gates were open. fully prepared to fight dirty, lulu was barking a simple order before they’d even fully materialized. “go! take out the blissey!”

and so they were going, as soon as their feet hit the ground. EXTREME SPEED carried the lucario in a blur towards their target, the blue glow of an AURA SPHERE charging between its palms on the way. simultaneously, blaziken’s FLAME BURST surged ahead, intent to be the first impact, while SPEED BOOST propelled the giant chicken towards the blissey to double-team it up close.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 6:53:27 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Wait..."[break][break]

But Luka's protests go unheeded. The battle between Matias and their unknown attacker is a blur and she's quickly lost in trying to keep up with it. It's a battle unlike any she's seen. Not friendly competition like their exhibition should have been, nothing like the spirited battles of the star tournament.[break][break]

This is something raw, something dangerous. The animosity between both parties runs deep enough to make her teeth ache. And Luka, as always, is powerless to stop it. She can only watch with dawning horror as opposing forces tear into each other with a fierce brutality.[break][break]

At least until her Buneary squeaks and tugs on her hair, alerting her to the Mr. Mime that advances on them. Luka swallows thickly as the rabbit bounds off her shoulder and into the fray, charging ahead with a double kick aimed right towards the creepy clown. The first hits, but the second is blocked by an invisible barrier, and the mime taunts Bonbon from behind it while his trainer smirks behind them.[break][break]

Across the field, Matias' original challenger hesitates. Then she shouts and directs her Dragapult to continue the attack, going after Charizard once again. Twin darts erupt from the dragon, missiles aimed towards their opponent with pinpoint precision.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 10:38:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
the chaos that erupts around them is oddly reminiscent of the battles he had lived through during kanto. the sides are as clear as ever: league, rocket, soon blurred to become something much simpler.

everyone's simply fighting to survive.

"brace."

the order to attack the blissey isn't surprising. they've trained to counter such advances, and it's exactly why blastoise's HYDRO PUMP immediately slams into the blaziken right as it comes out of its FLAME BURST.

nothing could stop lucario's EXTREME SPEED, however, but blissey's COPYCAT allows it to run after being hit. she darts across the battlefield, ending up below the charizard as she regains her composure.

briefly, his attention is pulled away to luka, making sure she's okay.
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
daydream/nightmare
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 12:49:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

blaziken braced for the impact, but the force of HYDRO PUMP propelled it back towards the crowd. there were screams as people made more room. lulu’s focus remained on matias, and her malevolent grin didn’t falter. she reached against her chest, grasping a stone-covered coin through fabric.

as her blaziken glowed with the inner fire of its MEGA EVOLUTION, lucario found itself at long range again, re-evaluating.

seeing matias’ original opponent turn on him again, she smirked. the dragapult sailed towards the charizard, and lulu called, all right. looks like we’re leveling the playing field, since you want to play three against two. i didn’t realize the elite four took in cheaters—oh, wait. actually,” she laughed, ”i did know that!” a slight against , though by different definitions.

blaziken had righted itself, and was practically vibrating with power and speed. AGILITY charged it even more, almost multiplying its very image.

she noticed him turn his attention away and her grin soured.

”come on, matias. don’t be rude! focus!” 

with a click straight out of ’s training, an AURA SPHERE went straight in their direction.