he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2021 21:21:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Despite everything going on, Hideo hadn’t forgotten about those Carrot Seeds he’d planted back at ’s camp some time ago; his attention had just been elsewhere, between all the craziness happening in Hoenn, training his new Pokemon, and signing up for Gym challenges.

He just thought it would take a bit more time. He expected to wait at least a month or two, but he’d gotten the call within a week. Were those seeds just special, or were his Zarude’s vines really that effective at making them grow? He couldn’t know for sure, but it was time to reap his harvest.

The only challenge now was getting there, since he didn’t know exactly where Andy’s camp was. But he had a solution to that: trust the Pokemon that got him there last time.

Which led to him once again flying through the trees underneath his Zarude’s arms, who swung from tree to tree, guided by its sense of smell. It wasn’t nearly as terrifying as before; it was actually nice, feeling the wind brush against his face as he bobbed up and down. Kind of like he was actually on a flying Pokemon, with an even lower likelihood of dying if he fell and hit the ground.

Eventually, Hideo felt his Zarude reach the ground, and was promptly dropped onto the ground belly first. The sounds of many ghost Pokemon was enough to let him believe they’d reached Andy’s camp.

Try not to smack his Rotomdex this time,” Hideo said, pushing himself up. “Hey, Andy! We’re here! Did they really grow already?

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 9:44:46 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
You could ascribe a few talents to Andy, but gardening wasn't one of them. A spill had nearly been taken when exiting his cabin and having seen the plant in its bloomage. Perhaps the zarude's abilities were more powerful than he could fathom. Perhaps he had planted the seeds on a long forgotten grave.
[break][break]
Perhaps both.
[break][break]
It had been quite a spell since enough excitement graced the boy that he could share with Hideo. Times were trying, and that often inflicted gloom. The locale did little to alleviate it. Mt. Pyre had never been a cheery place. The sounds of his mighty collection of ghost pokemon stirring drew his attention. The doors to his cabin slid aside.
[break][break]
''I see you came Tarzan style again.'' No other pokemon seemed to be accompanying his friend. So it was assumed that only the primate had delivered him. ''Yeah, se-'' Right. Hideo could not in fact, see for himself. And so the Blackadder crossed the distance before tentatively reaching for one of his friend's hands.
[break][break]
''Check it out. While perhaps a little more intimate than Andy typically was, he saw no reason his fellow youth would outright refuse his guidance. ''Careful when you're feeling around. Don't want to damage anything.'' The hand was piloted to the plant's stalk. Since the rest of its anatomy grew from there, a good notion could be gained of it's size.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

[attr="class","silpc-pkmn-img"]

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 5:45:04 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

UPON RETURNING TO MT. PYRE, the same unnerving feeling of being watched returns. on this eerie mountain, your footsteps seemingly disappear in the mist that endlessly billows out from the earth. oddly enough, the time of day is obscured: it seems like you're in eternal night. this has never happened before and as you struggle to find a rational explanation for this phenomena, you instinctively hush yourself. two horse-like pokemon neighs in the distance. wreathed in spectral mists, the black equine pokemon hover in midst the fog.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

however, the horses seem to notice you. they advance close. the clopping of hooves is muted— or rather, it sounds like an ominous breeze surging in like a tide. suddenly, they disappear in the dense haze before reappearing behind you like a phantom.

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

OFFER THE WILD HORSE WHAT THEY SEEK

write a post that has your trainer offering the carrot to the spectrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the carrots, the horses will promptly fade away.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the spectrier on mt. pyre once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the spectrier want (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the spectrier.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 23:48:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Only way I know how to get here," Hideo said, dusting off his clothes as he stood back up. "On my own, anyways." While he could contact Andy and be brought here by one of his friend's ghosts, he wanted to be sure he could find this place without help. Had to prove he didn’t have to rely on Andy for too much.

As he finished dusting himself off, he heard Andy approach him. He didn't resist as Andy guided him over to the plant. He could feel the greens and leaves of the carrot, even feeling the purple (not that he knew the color) stem. "It really did grow," Hideo commented, "And it's bigger than any carrot I've held before. I gotta get Vines to work on my garden sometime."

He felt a big monkey hand pat his head, the Zarude having followed along. Hideo couldn't tell if that was an agreement or an affectionate refusal.

Yet for some reason, Hideo's heart was uneasy. He wasn't sure why, but something felt off. He couldn't pinpoint what gave him that feeling, and he was unfortunately left unaware of how dark it had become, and of the mist that had covered the camp.

But he certainly heard that neighing, a sound he only vaguely recognized. "What the-" Hideo muttered, standing back up as he faced towards whatever made that noise.

His Zarude was already in front of him, facing these sudden intruders. Hideo could hear a breeze, assuming it was just the wind, but his Pokemon could see them approach, staring at the two horses...but not taking any aggressive action.

The Zarude even turned back towards its trainer as the horses disappeared, its hand stabbing straight into the dirt underneath Hideo's carrot - and cleanly pulling it out with a single motion. It put the oddly-shaped purple carrot in the boy's hand, obtaining a rather confused expression from the boy.

And it'd do the same for Andy's, if the other boy hadn't already gotten his carrot out or needed help.

"What you want me to do with-"

Hideo could feel a chill on the back of his neck. He turned, holding the carrot up with unsteady hands, and felt it be taken, followed by that uncomfortable sensation disappearing. He didn't know what just happened or what they were dealing with - but he was certain it was gone now.

"...what the hell was that?"

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 18:57:56 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

You could ascribe a few talents to Andy, but gardening wasn't one of them. A spill had nearly been taken when exiting his cabin and having seen the plant in its bloomage. Perhaps the zarude's abilities were more powerful than he could fathom. Perhaps he had planted the seeds on a long forgotten grave.
[break][break]
Perhaps both.
[break][break]
''That so?'' Came the facetious query, the trainer containing a chuckle. ''Just how many big carrots have you handled in your day?'' It was probably unfair to slight his friend for gardening. He was better at it than Andy was. Even had a shiver not shot up his spine, he probably wouldn't have continued his jeers. What was this?
[break][break]
At first there was the expectation of a similar occurrence to the Soiree, as cursed and trying as that was. Another visit from one of the lake squids was also considered. However, upon even the barest of scrutiny the boy dismissed those two possibilities. The darkness, the chill, his experience with ghost pokemon informed him well enough of their presence.
[break][break]
And it was a powerful presence.
[break][break]
Giratina...? Could it finally be...? But Hideo was present... He had always hoped to make a deal with the devil in discretion, lest he be badgered to enlist with the League's AQUA Initiative. But then as a runaway, who would his friend really tell, especially if Andy requested his confidence? Still, the best number of people to keep a secret was one.
[break][break]
Or well, one and an elder god...
[break][break]
When the horses appeared, their arrival was met with both disappointment and excitement simultaneously. It wasn't the diety he wished to converse with, but they were certainly demi-gods in their own right. Now there was just the matter of the purpose of their presence. Hopefully it wasn't combat... On the other hand, they were in the middle of his ghost infested camp.
[break][break]
Weren't they?
[break][break]
''Thanks,'' came the gratitude for the zarude's harvesting alacrity. Hideo seemed absolutely lost as to what was happening. Just as before, the pokemon didn't assist as much with his sight impatient as others did. More concerned with the haunted horse's hunger, it wasn't until after it was fed and the mysterious miasma faded that his friend's question was answered.
[break][break]
''We had very special visitors, of the equine variety. Also the spectral variety. I guess they wanted our weird carrots...''

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 6:25:47 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT NIGHT, you don't spot the horses; however, they do find you. reappearing some distance away, they remain still: an eerie image in the mist. like spectral scarves, the mountain's ominous fog passes through where the horses' pasterns should be.

♥ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

upon closer, quiet inspection, the horses seem hesitant. without the shaderoot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, the horses approach still, sensing your benevolent motives.

THE SPECTRIER ASK FOR:

OFFER THE WILD HORSES WHAT THEY SEEK

write a post that has your trainer offering any two week berry to the spectrier and then post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been given the berry, the horses will promptly flash away.

you do not need to have the berry grow in your garden. you can simply purchase it from the SITE SHOP.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the spectrier on mt. pyre once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the spectrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the spectrier.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 20:24:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Can’t say I’ve handled any,” Hideo sighed, “I've only really touched carrots my family used for cooking, and none were that big.  All I grow in my gardens are berries, but if I can get Vines here to help them grow, I could get some pretty massive berries.” He could only imagine the size of the curry; would his cookware even be large enough to handle them?

Well, with the peace they now had after the departure of those horses, he could have some time to think. “I’m a little rusty on Ghostly Horses,” Hideo said, “But the only ghost-horses I heard about are pretty dang rare. Makes sense that they’d show up in Mt. Pyre, what with all the ghosts around here.” Not just the ones in Andy’s camp. “Well, if they were just here for the carrots, you think they’ll show up again if we grow more? Though I don’t have any more seeds...

Before he could ask Andy if he had any, his Zarude pat him on the back. “What, you think they’ll be back?” Hideo asked, getting a hairdo-wrecking headpat from his Pokemon. “Well, Vines’s been right before.

He turned back to Andy. “Mind if we stick around for a bit? I wanna be here when they get back, though I dunno when that’ll be.

-----------------------

Whether allowed to stick around, or waiting for a notification for signs of re-arrival, Hideo would find his Zarude was correct: the ghostly horses were back, with their ethereal neighing and that strange wind that sounded when they approached. But Hideo was still unsure what to do; he didn’t have another carrot to give, and he didn’t know what to give this time.

Fortunately, his Zarude did.

Hideo felt his Pokemon start rooting through his backpack, pulling something out. Before he could ask what Vines was doing, he felt something be placed in his hand: a Tamato Berry.

Confused, but still trusting his Pokemon’s judgement, he held the berry up - and felt the chilly breath of the ghostly horse as it was taken, before the chill went away along with the horse. “I was gonna use that for a chili,” Hideo sighed, swinging his backpack in front so he could make sure his Zarude didn’t disorganize everything in there.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 11:02:38 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

The joke about the carrot, dirty as it was, went right over Hideo's head. And here he had been convinced the other boy was apprised of such mature topics due to his sister's relative immodesty. Of course perhaps the other boy was being coy just to troll him. Sometimes Andy had trouble being able to tell.
[break][break]
''There's a notable variety from Galar,'' came the explanation to his friend's ignorance. ''Weird that they would show up here in Hoenn, even if it is Mt. Pyre. But the weird shit happens pretty much constantly around here.'' The next query was confusing in that he was uncertain whether it was for him or zarude...
[break][break]
...who answered.
[break][break]
''I appreciate you asking even though you should already know the answer. You're welcome here any time.'' An animal fed by a human would typically always return and horses, even ghost horses, didn't seem like any exception. While there were no more carrot seeds for either trainer to plant, Hoenn offered a cornucopia of other fruit.
[break][break]
''Make a chili later and try to feed that to it. Maybe ghost horses will fucking eat anything.'' A Rabuta Berry from his garden was offered up. Given his allergy to vegetables, it wasn't slated for any special recipe as Hideo's had been. If he had to feed the stallion a Salac however, Andy might get real picky.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 7:38:37 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

UPON RETURNING TO MT. PYRE, the spectral horses await. their wavy mane seems quite tangled, knotted at its mauve ends. still, the sight of the pokemon is breathtaking. around you, the mist eddies and swirls like spirits escaping the consecrated ground.

♥ ♥ ♡ ♡ ♡

upon closer, quiet inspection, the horses seem hesitant. without the shaderoot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, the horses approach still, sensing your benevolent motives.

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that has your trainer's pokemon using the move, SHADOW CLAW, to "comb" through the spectriers' mane. after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been groomed, the horses will promptly fade away.

should your trainers come the next day, they will find the spectrier on mt. pyre once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the spectrier wants (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the spectrier.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 18:46:05 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It would take Hideo a minute to reorganize his bag, but at least he had someone to talk to while he did it. "Sure hope it keeps the line at eating us," he said, "Or our souls. Wouldn't put it past a legendary ghost Pokemon to eat something like that." Or non-legendary, really.

Either way, they definitely came back. Which probably meant they'd be back again later, unless they were disappointed by the lack of Carrots.

---------

Sure enough, Hideo (and Andy) would have their (unspoken) assumptions proven correct;same chilly mist, same darkness Hideo couldn't perceive. Only this time, the fog had changed, and while Hideo couldn't see, he could definitely feel like something was off: was there a wind blowing around them?

Hideo had his Ambipom out this time (he didn't want his Zarude taking any more of his berries, or causing any more trouble), earning a small bout of regret as it meant they were now without his main guide.

But his Ambipom was still independent, and she could see something was up. Hideo heard her approach the horse, and all he could utter was, "Be careful, Pom." Last time Pom had done something with a horse was back at a Renaissance festival with , and the incident got Doug to threaten to glue her PokeBall shut if she acted up.

One of her tails was enveloped with a dark spectral energy, forming the shape of a Shadow Claw. It went straight towards the Spectrier…'s mane, gently brushing as she gradually combed through knots and straightened its purple hair.

She went at it until the content horse disappeared. "Guess it wasn't hungry this time," Hideo said, feeling a non-ghostly Ambipom hand brush against his head.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 11:39:02 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Andy had benevolent motives? At any rate, the steeds next appearance began in a more distant fashion. It was a shame neither had more seeds to plant for Hideo's zarude to fertilize... or whatever it did. Then again, their offering of your typical berry had sated their appetites in their previous encounter. Perhaps that was the reason for their hesitation.
[break][break]
Surprisingly, and yet also unsurprisingly, the other trainer's ambipom brazenly approached their visitors. Outside of a brief warning, it was allowed to venture forward to stroke one of them. This didn't elicit a violent reaction, and while that would have been amusing, it would have been a shame for the two to be warded away.
[break][break]
''Boo Bag,'' Andy called into the mist obscured camp. For a moment only silence greeted him. Just as another summon was about to be made... ''Mimikyu?'' A shape that resembled the pokemon's namesake appeared from the fog, black eyes peering up at the boy. ''See the ambipom? Help ensure our guests feel welcome.''
[break][break]
''Kyu?'' But no answer came for its concern. And so the mimikyu wandered close to the unattended horse to tentatively, but gently, stroke its mane with its own shadow claw. ''Mimikyu? Mimi?'' Questions were applied to the creature, but it was unlikely any answers came, just as before. ''I guess they don't have anyone to pet them.''

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 3:38:08 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT NIGHT, you see the horses— but they seem different in appearance from afar. getting close, you see that the spectriers' own wisps have become entangled with what appears to be renegade souls.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♡ ♡

when the spectrier see you again, they seem hesitant. without the shaderoot carrots— you do not possess the same gravity you once did; however, the horse approaches still, sensing your benevolent motives. the spectrier must be freed of this spirit, for it seems to bother the horse like a clinging burr. perhaps, there is a pokemon that is an expert at sucking souls...

SPECTRIER ASKS FOR:

write a post that uses ONE SHEDINJA and a Pokemon using the move, VACUUM WAVE, to suck the soul away! after, post in MODERATION REQUESTS. after they have been cleaned, the horse will promptly fade away.

should your trainer come the next day, they will find the spectrier on mt. pyre once more. will post a new prompt, detailing what the spectrier want (hopefully, once per day). each request fulfilled by your trainer will steadily tame the spectrier.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 18:21:56 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
People and Pokemon probably get scared off when they appear,” Hideo said, “Feels like it gets chillier every time they come by. And I’m gonna take a guess and say there’s stuff I’m not seeing going on too?” He doubted a Pokemon like this only made things feel different, though he had no way to confirm that; he hadn’t brought any Telepathic Pokemon to fill him in on what was happening.

If we keep this up, we’ll probably be petting them for a while!

-------------

This time took a bit longer than before - which gave Hideo enough time to return to his camp to pick some things up.

He couldn’t confirm if the darkness was real or supernatural, as the two horses appeared well into the night. But Hideo could still feel the chill, though that strange wind from before was gone. Instead, it seemed there were odd spheres stuck to the horses - which Hideo was aware of now that he’d brought his Oranguru with him.

But that raised the question of how to help them this time?

His Oranguru tapped his pocket - she wasn’t the only new Pokemon he’d brought. “You want me to let someone out?” he asked, receiving confirmation. He reached into his pocket, taking out a Pokeball - but before he could let out his Dragonite, his Oranguru stopped his arm, gently pushing it back down with his fan. “Oh, the other one?” Confirmation.

He took out a different Pokeball, letting his Lucario out. “Mind helping them get those things off, Fighter?” Hideo asked. The Lucario shrugged, looking over the two Spectriers. He assumed a stance, his fist whiffing through the air - followed by a wind pulling the air towards him, his Vacuum Wave pulling the spirits off the two horses.

Though now someone had to deal with the spirits...

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 10:31:52 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Just as every night thus far, the haunted horses paid a visit to the Blackadder camp once again. This time however they were plauged by pests of the poltergeists. Being a ghost specialist, it puzzled Andy. Never had he seen spectres tangled so. Perhaps it was an affliction unique to these steeds. It was telling that they had come here.
[break][break]
''They're here for us to help. That's got to be a good sign. Most creatures will hide when something is wrong.'' Hideo was of course quick to offer the perturbed ponies aid. It was convenient that the boy possessed just the right pokemon. The Galarian was starting to wonder if he even believed in coincidences anymore.
[break][break]
''Husk, get out here.'' At his friend's request, Andy had just the thing. Creepily quiet, the shedinja floated out from the ghost sanctuary like unfeeling shell. Mostly because it was. As the afflicting apparitions were pulled free, the shedinja turned, revealing the mysterious hole on the back of its body. The void quicky drank of them.
[break][break]
Who knew where they disappeared to within the darkness...

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Too Old For Ponies
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 23:32:10 GMT
shiv Avatar

MT. PYRE

TAMING THE HORSE

THE NEXT NIGHT, you see the horses. the spectrier do not seem hesitant at all this time. instead, the horses appear to have been waiting for you, as if they were in tune with your rhythms. your schedule.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♡

when you approach, the spectrier kick you. hard. both of you fall to the cold, hard ground; however, when you lift yourselves up, you find yourselves peering down at your own limp bodies. you're not dead— however, your soul seems to have been separated from your physical form nevertheless. in this odd, spectral realm, the horses grant you a test. in their mouths, a narrow wisp of spirit acts as reins.

asking you to mount their black backs, the spectrier intend on testing your mettle. this ghostly world is disorienting. nauseating. however, they intend on galloping through the steep mountain's rugged terrain to see if you can hang on for dear "life."

TAME THE HORSE:

REIN IT IN!

WITH EVERY POST, make a ROLL. you must hit or surpass a total of 125 to successfully hang on to the spectrier; furthermore, the horse is examining your ability to ride it!

will post the conclusion to this encounter after you have posted in MODERATION REQUESTS,