Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2021 19:27:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Mauville City during rush hour was. the. worst. Mostly because motorized travel had all but been banned in the indoor hub. The best you could do was an electric scooter or other similarly heinous contraptions. Trying to get from Hoenn News Network headquarters to any sort of exit out of the city always took so much time - a valuable commodity that Barnaby hated to waste.

Especially when he had an urgent meeting in Slateport that he needed to attend to. After much tight-fisted walking and dodging of pedestrians, the journalist finally made it to the outdoor area where the flying taxis were stationed. Looking around, there only seemed to be one taxi left. Again, rush hour. Typical.

Well, at least he was lucky enough to snag the last one, which was manned by a large CORVIKNIGHT and its attendant. However, as Barnaby approached, he noticed that the giant metal bird was slumped over in an unnatural way.

Seeing Barnaby walk up, the attendant frowned and informed his potential passenger of the bad news. "Sorry, sir. My Corviknight suddenly started feeling unwell. I don't think he'll be able to make the flight."

Sigh. Typical.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 7:44:01 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Um! P-pardon me, Monsieur..."[break][break]

A soft voice floats on the wind like the coo of a timid songbird. With it comes the flitting apparition of a girl by Barnaby's side, bubblegum curls falling over one shoulder as she stands at a respectful distance. It appears as though she's rushed over in quite the hurry.[break][break]

"Sorry, um! I, um, I couldn't help but overhear. Do you need help?" It's in her nature to assist even a stranger, but Luka remembers from 's party a little while ago. And even then, there's something else familiar about the man, though she can't quite put her finger on it.[break][break]

Her arms are laden down with shopping bags and her business in Mauville is clear. Luka sets a few of them down and begins to root through one, shifting around a few poke dolls and other accessories. "I, um, I was buying some things for my Pokemon," she explains as she searches, "And I certainly don't mind sharing a Potion or two. Is that okay, Monsieur?" she asks, glancing up at the taxi driver. Verdant eyes shift over to the Corviknight, who gives a pitiful chirp in response.[break][break]

"Poor thing! I promise, I'll have him spick and span in the shake of a Wooloo's tail!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 4:17:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Oh?" Barnaby glanced down to see a petite, rosy-haired woman by his side. She had appeared as if from no where, but her arrival sparked only a pleasant familiarity in his mind. Where had he seen her before?

"Oui, Madame. It seems the taxi's Pokémon is feeling under the weather."

Without further prompting, the woman began rummaging through her belongings, intent on helping. Barnaby watched quietly, a curious expression on his face. Perhaps this day would turn out a little less annoying than he'd originally thought it would.

Eventually the woman emerged from her mass of bags, triumphant and cheerful as she offered the attendant a few potions for his CORVIKNIGHT.

"Oh my, thank you, Miss! Your generosity is much appreciated!" Gratefully, the man accepted her gift and immediately applied the remedy to his ailing Pokémon.

The CORVIKNIGHT's response was instantaneous; life returned to its dull eyes and its posture became a little more natural-looking. Its attendant was overjoyed, but his next words were spoken with a grave tone.

"He is looking much better, thanks to you. Even still, I think he needs time to rest and recuperate. I don't want to push him, in case..." The taxi driver let his sentence linger, implying how disastrous a failed flight could be.

"I know this is extremely inconvenient for you both - please accept my sincerest apologies."

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 1:24:51 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Oh gosh…it’s no trouble, really!”[break][break]

Gratitude is played off with a sheepish smile and wave of the hands, as though she’s uncomfortable being thanked too profusely. Luka considers herself no saint; helping others when the opportunity presents itself is the most basic of human decency.[break][break]

The payoff comes in seeing them happy, in touching the lives of another even if it’s fleeting and quickly forgotten. She’s content to float from person to person like a cherry blossom on a spring breeze, leaving good cheer in her wake whenever possible.[break][break]

Corviknight coos his thanks as well, nudging Luka’s hand with an obsidian beak. Her palm smoothes over shining keratin and raven feathers, giving a few head scritches to the _goodest boy_. Happy chirps resound and the bird seems much better, the sparkle of life returning to beady red eyes.[break][break]

Unfortunately, this recovery doesn’t solve any problems for the stranded blond. [break][break]

“No no, it’s perfectly all right! It’d be terrible if he were to strain himself too badly. I hope he recovers soon. Here…” The second potion is handed over with a smile. “To tide him over, just in case. Good luck! I hope everything goes well.”[break][break]

She beams at the pair, and then remembers they’re not alone. Her head swivels, rosy curls falling over one shoulder as she stares up at the other man.[break][break]

“Um…excuse me…but you were looking for a ride, right? I actually called ahead, so my taxi should be here any second. Would you, erm, would you like to share?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 2:08:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He watched as displayed her generosity and sweet, genuine nature, wondering idly why it seemed so familiar. Shaking off the feeling of de ja vu, Barnaby echoed the woman’s sentiments, offering the taxi driver a sincere smile and an understanding nod of his head.

Please, no need to worry. Your priority should be to your Pokémon. I can find another means of travel.” He said this with all the pleasantness in the world, but inwardly felt a bitter distaste. Now what was he supposed to do? There were appointments to keep, important clients that would not be as sympathetic toward such a mishap.

For one last time the older man voiced his appreciation. “You are a true gem, Miss. And thank you both for your understanding." With that he turned his attention back to the CORVIKNIGHT, tending to it with caring hands.

Now that the taxi driver and his bird were sorted out, the rosy-haired woman's attention natural shifted to the man beside her. Again, her generosity compelled her to act.

Shyer men may have humbly declined her offer, but not . He had places to be and didn’t have time to waste. “That would be wonderful, actually. Thank you for offering.

He'd wait for her to lead the way to the reserved taxi.
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 1:58:32 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

“Oh gosh, don’t mention it!” She’s glad he doesn’t protest, for it saves the awkwardness of needing to insist. When it comes down to it, Luka can be incredibly stubborn.[break][break]

But instead things settle quickly, and she can check another good deed off for the day. Luka’s skirt spins with her when she pivots, heels clicking against concrete as she leads her companion to a waiting taxi. For a brief moment she worries that it’s left without her- she has kept it waiting a few minutes by now. [break][break]

But no, there it is! A handsome Skarmory with a red bandana around his neck. Relief clings to the bow of her lips as they quirk into a smile, and she waves the taxi down.[break][break]

Luka opens the door and gives an exaggerated bow, ushering her companion in like a chauffeur might. She slides onto the leather bench a moment later- a tight fit, but they’ll make it work. The interior smells like pine air freshener. [break][break]

“Where to?”[break][break]

“Erm…” A sidelong glance is cast. “W-where are you going, again?” She resolves that, no matter his destination, she’ll play along and pretend that that’s where she’s headed too. [break][break]

“Ummm…I hope this doesn’t sound weird, but I definitely recognize you from somewhere,” she admits once the Skarmory takes flight. “It was a little while ago…Monsieur- erm, ’s Christmas party. Do you remember?”[break][break]

And somewhere else as well, she’s sure of it, but the memory doesn’t come just yet.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 6:11:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The taxi door was opened for him and, impressed by her good manners, Barnaby offered one of his signature shining smiles. It was something he reserved for the camera or clients or VIPs, which she definitely qualified as given the generous volunteering of her vehicle.

"Thank you, ma copine." He replied in kind, softly and sweetly, as he took the far seat.

"I'm on my way to Slateport's Upper District. Close to Piazza Oro Grande Bank Headquarters, if you're able." Barnaby had a pressing appointment with that he was very much looking forward to. The scrupulous CEO typically didn't have patience for tardiness, though. He hoped he'd still be able to catch him before his next meeting pulled him away.

It was then pressed the conversation, asking if he remembered her. "Now that you mention it..."

A thoughtful finger found its way to Barnaby's lips as he recalled the admittedly hazy events of that night. "... I do, actually! You were singing with the others around the piano, yes?"

That had to be it. That was really the only time he'd stayed with the group throughout the event. "Well, it's a pleasure to see you again, chéri."

He extended a friendly hand for her to shake before continuing, "My name is Barnaby Finch. I work in broadcast television and journalism for HNN."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 17:17:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The taxi ride to their intended destination was filled with pleasant conversation. Their shared connection at the Christmas party spurred on other topics, including 's line of work.

The two exchanged business cards and promised to be in touch if anything came up that complemented their expertise.

Once they'd landed, Barnaby waved goodbye and thanked her again for her help before hurrying to his appointment.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,921 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ROOM FOR ONE MORE? [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 0:47:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(INCOMPLETE)