Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 22:19:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The intermittent cries of singing crickets and the first coos of morning doves greeted Barnaby as his alarm went off - at fucking 5:30 AM. Glancing out his window, he saw that the sky was still an inky black. The usual urban sights and sounds were noticeably absent so early in the day. Most of the world, it seemed, was still in bed. Part of him wished he could be too.

... but part of him was also pleasantly excited to go on a jog with . Shaking the sleep from his eyes and begrudgingly rising from his bed, Barnaby started to get ready for the workout ahead. While putting on his athletic clothes, however, a little idea popped into his mind.

Smirking, Barnaby grabbed his phone and snapped a quick picture of himself. He then attached the image with a text to Mars before finishing getting ready and heading out the door.

About ten minutes later, he found himself in the lobby of his apartment complex. The entire area was vacant, except for one figure who stood out by the entrance.

"Martín." The banker's name was called out in greeting.

"I don't know how you convinced me, but I'm up. Somehow." He quipped, walking toward his ROCKET Admin while stifling a yawn.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 3:10:29 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

It’s not a good morning, because mornings so very rarely are, especially not when they begin in the way this one has. Sweat, shortness of breath, panic – all of it is too familiar. All of it is as if part of a sick routine, even those horrific images that stole his slumber away and that still fill his mind hours later.
[break][break]
Broken glass.
[break][break]
Spilt blood.
[break][break]
Her body, fallen and cold…

[break][break]
Stretching is not enough of a distraction, but surprisingly enough, the text message is, and as Mars stares at the picture, it grounds him. It brings him to the here and now, to the moment. It reminds him that all those horrors are in the past and that things are supposed to be better now. It gives him a reason to smile, even if faintly.
[break][break]
Beneath the light of a lamppost, a deep breath is taken, condensation rising in the cold winter air. There’s a short and playful response to the text, and then, ironically so, he waits – although thankfully it’s only a few minutes.
[break][break]
”Aw. Tired, dulzura? Don’t worry, it’s more than worth it.”
[break][break]
His response is as confident as his smile, not even bothering with being subtle when looking at from head to toe.
[break][break]
”I was right, by the way: cuter in person. Are you ready?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 2:23:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Just a little, mon beau." He smiles back, softer and gentler than Mars' with eyes still blurry from sleep.

"I'm not usually up this early unless I'm travelling for work." Another yawn was stifled until finally Barnaby took his hands, open-palmed, and slapped both of his cheeks. A playful pink blossomed there on his skin, egged on by the chill in the air.

It was a much-needed jarring action before the inevitable workout to come. Speaking of jarring, Barnaby didn't miss Mars very deliberately checking him out.

Ha, looks like the picture worked. He thought to himself, feeling a little smug.

"I was right, by the way: cuter in person."

Cute? Barnaby was definitely going for fucking sexy, but... cute would suffice, for now, he supposed.

"Merci." He acknowledged the compliment, a teasing glint in his cobalt eyes. "We'll see if you feel the same after our jog, though."

After one final stretch, Barnaby was ready.

"Lead the way."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 4:00:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Cute.
[break][break]
Cute like the soft smile that tugs at Barnaby’s lips when greeting him, like the way he yawns, and like the gentle pink hues that colour his cheeks when attempting to slap himself awake. All those things are noticed and appreciated, for Mars will always be one to care for the details. Arguably, they’re the best part.
[break][break]
”Really? I usually wake up at around five.”
[break][break]
The comment is made passingly and all too casually, aware that spending any more time talking about such things would probably lead to being asked why that is, and that then he would need to lie. After all, it’s not like he can tell someone like about the horrifying nightmares and terrors that steal away his sleep almost every night.
[break][break]
”Are you implying you think I won’t like seeing you sweat, Barnaby? If I recall correctly, I did quite like it last time.”
[break][break]
He winks, because of course he winks; allowing only a couple of seconds for the journalist to figure out exactly what he means before taking off at a light pace that most people should be able without much effort.
[break][break]
”You better keep up, though! Don’t disappoint me.”
[break][break]
That would be sad, wouldn't it?

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 4:11:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
5:00 AM? Every day?

Lord, Barnaby couldn't even imagine. Then again, he regularly stayed up late revising scripts, planning interviews, interacting on social media, etc.

He was a night owl and Mars was an early bird - fair enough. Barnaby chalked it up to the usual bullshit that came with running a multi-million dollar business. He didn't feel the need to press further.

"What—"

Before Mars' comment could completely register, he was off, already beginning to jog down the sidewalk. Barnaby hesitated for a moment, but ended up simply smiling and shaking his head in a knowing way. A few seconds later he was hurrying after his workout partner.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 5:03:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

5:00 AM. Every day. Sometimes even earlier.
[break][break]
It would be nice if he could be the sort of person who wakes up with an alarm and starts his days well-rested, but that’s just not the way things are for Mars. Why doesn’t he get rid of the nightmares and terrors? Take pills or even have his Musharna or Hypno help out? The answer to those questions is one painful and obvious, and that Mars wouldn’t even bother to try to deny…
[break][break]
He deserves it. He deserves to be reminded of all the things he has done, of all the pain he has caused, of how much he has lost.
[break][break]
Even now, as Mars runs, the thought of it comes: the sights seen in his dreams being all too fresh and present in his mind.
[break][break]
So, Mars tries to focus on something else. On every step. On his breathing. On .
[break][break]
”Not bad.” He smirks, speeding up just a bit. ”Do you go jogging often?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 2:56:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby had no idea of the inner turmoil that endured on a daily basis. Even now, as they jogged together side-by-side, he saw no evidence of the thoughts that waged war on Mars' mind. The man had an unfaltering mask.

"A few times a week, although I prefer the indoor track at our complex." He replied, his breathing even and unlabored - for now.

"Swimming is more my thing, if I'm honest. I've been swimming since I was a child."

Flashbacks of late-night practices and grueling tournaments crossed through Barnaby's mind. The memories brought a small smile to his lips, despite the challenges he had faced competing for gold.

"What about you? You run every morning, without fail?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2022 22:03:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Ha. Fair enough. I’d do the same if it weren’t for the fact that I’m usually stuck in my offices all day. Getting a breath of fresh air in the morning is kind of refreshing.”
[break][break]
And the scenery also makes for a good distraction, but he doesn’t need to tell Barnaby that part.
[break][break]
In contrast, the mention of swimming is more than welcomed, and it even brings a slight smile upon Mars’ face as he turns to look at his jogging companion.
[break][break]
”You swim? Damn, you should have told me as much. I love going diving, we should go sometime.”
[break][break]
He has always liked things like those much more than jogging, especially when at sea, but then again, this isn’t about enjoyment, is it?
[break][break]
It’s about the effort, about the strain, about pushing himself until every muscle aches and his lungs burn with every breath. About moving so those terrible memories of his don’t overtake and loom over him as if a dark cloud for the rest of the day.
[break][break]
”Every morning, even when I’m hungover… Although there have been a few exceptions.”
[break][break]
Mornings after a peaceful night of sleep. Something all too rare for someone like him, especially recently.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2022 23:03:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Yeah? That'd be fun! I hear there are some beautiful reefs off of Lilycove's coast."

Snorkeling and diving were some of Barnaby's favorite recreations, when time allowed. The sea was such an unknown world, filled with curiosities one didn't normally see on a daily basis. It was always a pleasant adventure to explore.

"Even hungover?" Barnaby shook his head in disbelief before adding, "You have more willpower than I, sir."

Step after step, the pair continued onward, having already covered several blocks. Mars had increased his pace at a blistering rate, but Barnaby was managing to keep up. Sweat was starting to bead around his shoulders and dampen his tank top, though.

"Actually, Martín, now that I have you here... there's something I've been meaning to ask."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 16:09:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Ever since Mars was a small child, he had always been fascinated by the seas. His father had taken him sailing and to the aquarium back in Ambrette, and he had told him all sorts of stories about the oceans and what dwelled within. That fascination had never faded away, even seeming to accentuate itself when his father passed. Maybe, if Mars were to talk to a psychologist about all that, he would be told that he had been clinging to one of the few things that bound them together out of grief.
[break][break]
Maybe he knows it too, but it’s not like Mars would ever admit such a thing about the place he considers to be his favourite.
[break][break]
”There are, but the best ones are farther out near the smaller islands. I go sailing whenever I have the time for it.”
[break][break]
It’s a nice topic of conversation, one that distracts him, so much so that the pace he keeps is steady and not as fast as it would be if he were running on his own. But, then again, Barnaby’s presence always seems to come as a welcomed distraction.
[break][break]
He even laughs at the journalist’s comment about his willpower, amber eyes falling upon him.
[break][break]
”Sure, what’s up?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 2:20:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Murky memories of a grand manor came to mind; twinkling Christmas lights, festive music, blissful laughter. It had been a wonderful night, from what Barnaby could recall. Unfortunately, he had indulged a little too much in the holiday cheer and parts of his memory were a bit hazy.

One small comment had stood out from the rest, though.

"At Ambassador Calcifet's party... mentioned you two were old friends."

Barnaby glanced over at Mars, curious cobalt eyes meeting the admin's own.

"Is that true?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 2:43:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

There are a plethora of things Barnaby could ask him, most questions being ones he’d answer with no issue at all. The journalist knows this well after having interviewed him for his talk show, but he also knows there are things Mars will probably never speak of no matter how much pressure and coaxing.
[break][break]
Is one of those things?
[break][break]
The mention of the name earns Barnaby a chuckle on Mars’ part, a playful smirk making its way onto his lips.
[break][break]
Barnaby, don’t tell me you’re jealous.”
[break][break]
Of who, exactly?
[break][break]
As should only be expected, Mars doesn’t clarify, his attention instead returning to the path before them.
[break][break]
There are many things Felix knows about him that he’d rather Barnaby never heard of: his name, his family, the fact that he was raised into a life of crime, and so much more than that. Yet, as much as revealing part of the truth could be detrimental, there’s no point in denying it now…
[break][break]
”We are… or we were. We met back in highschool.” Back in Sinnoh. Back when they both were much different people. ”...That was a long time ago.”
[break][break]
Although almost insignificant, there’s a certain note of sadness in his voice, for even now, even after so much has been lost, Mars is still someone who cherishes his friendships and even those who once mattered to him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 23:09:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby matches Mars' chuckle with a bright laugh of his own.

"Jealous? I don't even know the meaning of the word, Martín."

His gaze once again slides over to his jogging partner.

"But I am curious. You know this. I just can't help but ask questions." He gives the admin a knowing smirk at this statement.

"We met back in highschool.”

A low whistle passes through Barnaby's lips. "High school, huh? Felix wasn't exaggerating, then."

Inevitably, Barnaby takes a moment to conjure up an image of Felix and Mars as teenagers. The figures that come to mind are grainy and frayed at the edges. Honestly, it was a difficult exercise to picture the men as anything but how they currently presented themselves. Barnaby needed more information to smooth the edges and bring life to the teenagers in his head.

"Were. Hmm." Barnaby mused, his eyes having shifted forward once again. "Well, he's in Hoenn now. Maybe you two can rekindle the friendship?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 6:51:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Oh, you can ask, but be careful, mon chéri, one day you may ask a question you don’t like the answer to.”
[break][break]
It’s said as a joke, and there’s even a playful smirk on his lips when saying these words, but they say that to every joke there’s some truth, and in this case, perhaps it’s a warning Barnaby should heed. There are many things about Mars he knows no one would like, many things he keeps hidden…
[break][break]
”He wasn’t exaggerating, no, but I’m not telling you what he was like back then.”
[break][break]
was much different from who he is today, just like how Mars has changed as well. He may still be outgoing, he may be even more charming than what he was when younger, but there’s a lot that life has stolen from him in the years that have passed since then.
[break][break]
Just like Felix’s friendship is gone as well.
[break][break]
”Hmm… Maybe. A lot has changed since then.”
[break][break]
It seems hopeless, so he keeps running – running from his thoughts, running away from all those problems.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 3:15:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby allows silence to fill the space between them. For a moment, all they do is run. Their breathing in synch, their sneakers pounding the pavement at a steady rhythm.

He thinks about the kinds of questions he might not want to know the answer to.

What could be hiding behind those beautiful honey-tinged eyes?

A fleeting ghost of a love lost too soon passes through Barnaby's memory, and he knows there's likely much below the surface of the man running beside him.

Would Barnaby ever be privileged enough to know even half of the secrets Mars keeps so close to his heart?

Probably not. And that was okay.

He had his own secrets to keep.

"Fair enough. We don't have to talk of the past." He replied evenly, adding, "Perhaps Felix will share in his own time."

A lot has changed since then.

Damn Barnaby's nagging curiosity. Mars obviously didn't want to divulge too much, but he kept hinting at change and difference. The urge to question was excruciating. Tease.

"Too much to bridge the gap? He's working with us now, after all." Barnaby's tone grew more serious, more business-like. " would make a dependable asset to those he trusts."

He'd even give his life for the right person.