TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 6:43:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

If only for a moment, silence lingers between them, and it’s in that moment that questions come to fill Mars’ head.
[break][break]
What’s the goal of all this? Why had he invited to join him on his morning jog if he had been fully aware of how he often felt at this time of the day? Is it that he craves company?
[break][break]
Mars would never admit to such weakness, of course, not even to himself, but undeniably so, this whole “running from the horrors that haunt him” it’s much different with someone by his side – especially someone he likes. It’s nicer. It’s better, even.
[break][break]
Perhaps, being that that’s the case, he should be thankful to
[break][break]
Perhaps he should even be willing to listen to him…
[break][break]
”I know is an asset, Barnaby. I know he can be dependable and I know he has many skills to work in his favour. I’m not blind, nor do I think lowly of him. Don’t worry about that.” The response comes with calm and ease, glancing at his companion as they run. ”...But, trust is not something that’s easily earned, is it? I’m sure you also know that.”
[break][break]
Amber in cobalt, their gazes meet one more time, as if he weren’t just talking about anymore but also whatever exists between the two of them. A friendship, flirtation, but all of it with a trust that is only superficial at this point in time – they both know that.
[break][break]
Still, Mars smiles, and even though it may not be obvious, his next words come from the bottom of his heart:
[break][break]
”You’re being a good friend to him. I’m glad he has someone like you in his life.”
[break][break]
Even if he may not want to admit as much, he too cares.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 1:34:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
By this point they had run for a good forty minutes and were already beginning to circle back toward their Mauville Hills apartment complex. While didn't seem too pressed, Barnaby had begun to sweat through his light tank top and was visibly fatigued. Not exhausted, but getting there.

He didn't complain, though, even as his jogging companion spoke of more serious matters regarding .

"Yes, I understand that. Trusting someone too easily can be... catastrophic." Especially in their line of work. Barnaby was all too aware of the downfalls of the human condition.

He met Mars' gaze head-on, holding it for a few seconds. The admin wasn't the only one who could speak in double meanings. Although he greatly enjoyed the man's company, their relationship was indeed in the beginning stages of facilitating trust.

"That's sweet of you to say, Martín. He's a new friend, but someone who — AH—!"

Suddenly, Barnaby's leg seized up and he slowed to a stop. Wincing, he leaned on a nearby brick wall and squeezed his hands around his left calf muscle.

"—cramp. Sorry, I just need a second."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 4:08:40 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Even if Mars weren’t as observant as he is, he would see them clearly: the signs of fatigue. The sweat clinging to both Barnaby’s skin and his shirt, the laboured breathing, the slight change in his pace. Why doesn’t he ask him to slow down? Is perhaps almost as stubborn as Mars himself? Is this an attempt at impressing him?
[break][break]
The thought is amusing enough for Mars to continue jogging at the same pace while they make their way back to the apartment complex, as if he were too preoccupied with the serious matters being discussed to have noticed his companion’s state. Of course, he too is sweating, tired, but admittedly, he’s actually enjoying himself.
[break][break]
Despite how serious the conversation may be, talking to Barnaby always results to be as enjoyable as it is interesting.
[break][break]
”That's sweet of you to say, Martín.” The journalist says, and Mars smiles at his words, although it’s a smile that fades away within seconds…
[break][break]
Barnaby stops, he winces, and he leans against a wall for support. And, for a moment there, Mars feels sympathy.
[break][break]
Ouch. Do I need to make sure you stretch next time we go jogging?” While ever prone to teasing, he still approaches to check on Barnaby, a hand gently touching his calf to get him to let go while looking at him. ”We’re almost there. It would be cruel of me to let you run the rest of the way when you’re hurt, wouldn’t it?”
[break][break]
He doesn’t wait for an answer.
[break][break]
Instead, calmly and with terrible ease, an arm is wrapped around Barnaby’s back. Then, leaning down, the other goes around the bend of his knees, and as if it were nothing, he picks him up, carrying him in his arms.
[break][break]
Naturally, it’s only then that Mars smiles down at him, a brow being quirked.
[break][break]
”Better?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 2:37:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
God, how embarrassing. He had promised himself to will through whatever pain came with exercising with - because he knew the admin would go hard, knew he would be testing him.

And yet he failed to remember to do something as simple as stretching before a long run. Barnaby cursed himself silently as he rubbed his aching muscles.

"Probably, to be honest. I was so out of it this morning I completely forgot." He confessed sheepishly, but inhaled sharply as Mars pressed his hand against his calf. "I think I'll be okay to walk the rest of the—"

Suddenly, Barnaby was airborne, his feet deftly swept from under him.

"—waAAHEY!"

Instinctively, his arms looped around the back of the admin's neck, hands frantically grasping at fabric in a bid for support.

Thank god it was still dark outside, otherwise Barnaby's deep, blushing face would be on full display for .

"... Martín, you can't be serious."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 4:51:55 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

, swept off his feet?
[break][break]
Perhaps not in the metaphorical sense, but right here, right now, as they return to their apartment complex in Mauville Hills, definitely literally.
[break][break]
”Why wouldn’t I be serious?” That smile of his remains, chuckling at Barnaby’s disbelief, and while it’s not a particularly easy feat, it’s the time he dedicates to working out despite how busy he always is that he has to thank for being able to do such things when he feels like it. Things which, admittedly, he wouldn’t do for most people. Things he wouldn’t do if he didn’t care for and wish to help him…
[break][break]
Although, of course he’s also doing it because it’s fun, enticing, and perhaps even ever so slightly romantic. Like a scene out of a romcom or something.
[break][break]
”Are you embarrassed, Barnaby?”
[break][break]
Mars knows he is, he can see it under the dim light of the streetlights once he starts to walk, but he chooses not to comment on it. He’s not that cruel, after all. Not for now, at least. Even if there’s something utterly adorable about seeing Barnaby blush like this – as if it were a side of him Mars hadn’t discovered until now.
[break][break]
”How would you feel about coming to my place for breakfast?”
[break][break]
It’s with this seemingly-innocent question that his gaze meets Barnaby’s once more, and he smiles just like before.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 2:24:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Perhaps Barnaby was so taken aback because he was the one that usually swept others off their feet. Not the other way around. The sweetness of the gesture caught him by surprise.

Plus Mars was just so smooth about it, too. An effortless lift with a shining smile and clever quip to match. How could Barnaby possibly take this seriously?! His leg was feeling better, though...

He opened his mouth to speak, but decided not to entertain Mars' obvious teasing. Instead, he allowed the admin to continue carrying him toward their apartment complex. It would be even more embarrassing to try and refuse him at this point.

"... No." Yep, totally believable. Definitely not a lie. "...Thank you, though..." He mumbled softly, begrudgingly into Mars' shoulder.

Once the initial shock wore off, however, Barnaby began to realize that this position admittedly... wasn't that bad. It was nice, being looked after.

Mars' body was warm against the cool morning air; a cozy comfort. Barnaby was so close, he could feel the other man's heartbeat through his chest. When he looked up, it was into amber eyes filled with a caring warmth.

Maybe that's why when Mars asked Barnaby to come around for breakfast, the journalist didn't hesitate in his reply.

"Oh. That sounds nice, actually." He replied, perking up.

"I'll need to shower first, but that shouldn't take me more than a couple of minutes. Then I can head to your place."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 2:50:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

What is it about ?
[break][break]
Holding him in his arms, the question comes to mind, and yet while the answer is so very simple on the surface, Mars knows well that things like those rarely are. Why is Barnaby the only person that makes him feel like doing this sort of thing? Those enjoyable moments they have together, the times where they stand as equals despite the barriers Team Rocket and everything else have created between them – those are things he has with other people too, but with Barnaby sometimes it’s almost as if he understands him despite how little they truly know about each other beyond what’s obvious.
[break][break]
There’s a part of him that, undeniably so, wants to know more, yet questions like those are not to be asked at a moment like this, and admittedly, a different part of him craves to simply enjoy it for what it is.
[break][break]
The two of them enjoying themselves together.
[break][break]
”You can shower at my place if you want.” The answer comes easily, effortlessly, before Mars even considers the implications – as if just wanting an excuse to spend more time with Barnaby. And then, only once the words are said, those implications do come to mind, but of course Mars doesn’t take back his words, excuse himself, or say he was joking.
[break][break]
All he does is smile as they reach the building’s entrance.
[break][break]
”Should I put you down? I can carry you the rest of the way if you want.”
[break][break]
This time, he gives him a choice, and when doing so, a hint of mischief shines in those amber eyes of his, smile shifting into a playful smirk.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 5:01:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Unbeknownst to , Barnaby was having similar thoughts.

When was the last time someone had made him blush like that? How did Mars, of all people, have this sort of influence over him? Why did he like it so much?

With one hand reaching over to cradle his jaw on the opposite side, Barnaby leaned up and placed a soft kiss to Mars' cheek. A teasing smile followed thereafter, with him responding, "Alright, but only if you shower with me."

Right there on the uptake, Barnaby took Mars' offer with that easy undertone of desire. A return to their usual banter, it seemed, for which he was grateful.

"I think I've got it from here." Once Mars loosened his hold, Barnaby would slip back down to solid ground. Blessedly, his cramp appeared to have subsided by now. For good measure he corrected his stance and took a few moments to stretch out the muscle, focusing mainly on his left leg.

As he did so, in the background the morning sun began peeking over the horizon. Orange and pink and yellow blossomed at the margins of the sky, framing Barnaby in a cozy, wholesome glow. He looked to Mars, then, with a smile that could rival the rising sun.

"So what's on the menu this morning, Martín?" Besides the obvious appetizer before breakfast, of course.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Take My Breath [M]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 19:28:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: