he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Let's Go Punch A Grinch (M)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 23:52:42 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
So apparently, someone was going around stealing Christmas gifts and decorations, straight out and off of people's homes. Presents and gingerbread cookies, gone before anyone could enjoy them.

WHAT KIND OF PERSON DOES THAT?!

Hideo felt morally obligated to find the Christmas klepto before they ruined any more holidays. Granted, he also didn't object to the payout for doing so, but he didn't want the magic of the holidays to be (literally) stolen from anyone else.

Though that left the obvious conundrum of how to catch a creeping Grinch. And to that end, the solution seemed obvious: bait them out. But first, they had to find the right spot to place the bait.

Fortunately, after a bit of interviewing, it seemed this thief was going from house to house; they just had to intercept that path and lie in wait, then catch the thief green-handed.

"Need me to go over the plan again?" Hideo asked, checking if his fellow trapper was all set.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 0:55:03 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
88 for
Package thieves.

The natural enemy of mailmen everywhere.

With the data from the Delibird Deliveries app, they had the means to find the thief’s next target, but lacked the skills to stop it. Whether a battle of wits or strength, Locke was self-aware enough to know they would almost certainly be outmatched.

Hideo, on the other hand…

”Er-Maybe just one more time?” He said uncertainly, careful to keep the present in his hands very still while Leva-Leva, ever the perfectionist, fidgeted with her wrapping work one last time.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 20:11:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Well, it wouldn't hurt to have a quick review.

"It's real simple; we leave those gifts in its path, and when it tries to grab them: BAM! We catch them in the act, then we...catch them." A straightforward trap, but surely one that would catch whatever was robbing people of their holiday delights.

"I was thinking about leaving them in front of this house. The thief is focusing on those, so we're more likely to catch them this way." Seemed foolproof to Hideo's mind, and his Beheeyem could update him on any sudden developments.

Also, he wasn't the only person working on this.

With that in mind, his Beheeyem was already carrying the present he'd prepared. In the air, Psychically. "Alright, let's put'em down."

His Beheeyem moved the present in front of a door, lowering it down carefully. The box shuddered as it touched the ground, but afterwise went still.

"Now you just gotta put yours down, and then we wait."

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 2:06:15 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
123 for
Leva-Leva watch the other box shake dangerously as it landed on the step, looked at the one she was fiddling with, then backed away slowly with her arms raised. She sure wasn’t taking it anywhere.

Which just left Locke to deal with it.

With a nervous gulp, he carefully walked towards the house with the “present” held out as far away from himself as he could manage without looking suspicious, in case the thief was watching. He cautiously placed the box beside its twin, and while it trembled for a few seconds longer than the last one, it eventually stilled, allowing Locke to scurry back to their agreed hiding spot without incident.

”Don’t suppose I can ask what’s in those gifts of yours?”

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 23:30:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
With both presents laid out, it was time to wait for their target to hook onto the bait. "Oh, there's nothing in the one I put down," he casually said, sitting down.

There was no knowing how long it would take the thieves to arrive, so now was just a matter of passing the time until-

"Riolu! Riolu!" "Meowstic~"

Oh, that was fast. For those that could see, a Riolu and a white Meowstic rushed towards the presents, briefly looking around the area. Hideo's Beheeyem made sure to hide back in cover, avoiding detection.

And with no witnesses in sight, the two Pokemon each grabbed a present, the Riolu taking the one Hideo laid out and the Meowstic grabbing Locke's.

But just as they started to run off, the Beheeyem sent a Telepathic message to the two boxes - these were the thieves, so it was time to act!

Hideo's box immediately began to quiver, before it lost its shape. The Riolu panicked, dropping the "box" as its color changed to a light blue. Two black dots appeared as it took on a more familiar shape, with a wide mouth adorning it.

A wide mouth on a frowning shiny Ditto.

The two thieves stared at the Ditto, confused. Now was the perfect time for the other box to make its reveal.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 1:10:54 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
53 for
Locke stared at the Ditto for a few seconds with a blank expression, until the plan finally clicked. ”Oooh, the Pokémon were supposed to be the presents,” he exclaimed as De-De popped her head out from the shrub beside him.

Right before her Present exploded in the poor Meowstic’s little arms.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 20:37:58 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo was ready to (have his Beheeyem) charge right in there and capture the thieves red-handed. Until Locke had a question about the plan.

"Wait, then what's in your-"

He got his answer very audibly. The sound of an exploding Present was very familiar to him, courtesy of his Wigglytuff. Except that was usually followed by the cry of the pranked Pokemon.

The Meowstic was silent.

The Ditto just stared as the Meowstic, its mouth open.

Hideo's Beheeyem just stared silently, his attention solely on the Meowstic.

The curtain covering a window of the house they'd chosen opened, a young girl staring at the downed Meowstic.

The silence was broken by the Riolu, who began bawling as it went to the Meowstic, hugging her body in its arms. The fortunately-only-ko'ed Meowstic was out cold.

"We, uh," Hideo got out, fidgeting slightly, "We should take them to a Pokemon Center first. Then arrest them..."

There was an awkward pause as he wondered how he was even supposed to arrest a Pokemon. He hadn't actually thought that part through.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 8:54:06 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
196 for
”Oh gods I didn’t think it would go that big!” Locke cried, almost in tears himself. In his defense, the odds were pretty low. Even De-De looked shocked at the amount of oomph behind the blast. Locke jogged up to the pair, but stopped short as the Riolu growled at him between hiccupping sobs.

Fair enough.

Mercifully, Leva-Leva stepped between the Pokémon and her trainer, unravelling a web of string between her hands. She carefully wrapped the Meowstic with her String Shot to keep the wounds from worsening and cradled the cat in her spindly arms. The Riolu clung to the hem of her leafy coat, calmed somewhat by the mantis’ motherly presence, though it still shot the courier a withering glare from behind her.

With the thieves-turned-victims handled at least, all that remained was getting them some help. ”Right. Pokémon Center, Pokémon Center.” Locke spun in place, trying to reorient themselves. Thankfully, Oldale wasn’t a very large town. ”That way!” They pointed to where they could just barely see the top of the iconic red roof, leading the party in that direction with few furtive glances behind them to check if everyone was following okay.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,440 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 13:15:05 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Oh, ok, good. Hideo could hear one of Locke’s Pokemon move over and wrap up one of the thieves - the injured one, as his Beheeyem informed him. The Riolu didn’t seem up for a fight, just clinging to the Leavanny.

Yeah, Presents can be real tricky like that,” Hideo said, “Got a Wigglytuff that can make them. My other Pokemon have saved me from them more than once.” He had no idea if Locke’s Delibird was as devious as his own gift-giver, and it may have actually been a complete accident, judging from Locke’s aghast reaction.

With the culprits contained, it was time to head over to the Pokemon Center. Hideo’s Ditto waddled over to the boy, climbing up him until it got a nice seat on his hair. His Beheeyem looked to the girl in the window, raising a single hand in front of his face. The girl got the hint, raising a finger over her mouth and retreating back inside.

I’m sure it’s nothing a trip to the Center won’t fix,” Hideo said, following Locke along. The trip over would be uneventful, and the Meowstic would indeed be fine - after some Pokemon Center-brand healing. Which the Riolu would wait for to complete.

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 22:57:23 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
95 for
Getting to the Pokémon center didn’t take long, and soon enough a nurse was informing them the damage wasn’t nearly as bad as it had looked. She also assured them that both Pokémon were welcome to remain there until someone came to pick them up, whether it be an officer or a potential owner.

”I think maybe that was lesson enough for em…” Locke says when the topic of punishment comes up again. ”Hopefully they end up somewhere they can have their own gifts.”

Assuming they could still stand to look at presents after this.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2022 5:48:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: