Scarlet

Amber "Berry" (Former Stagename)
She/Her
October 27
Goldenrod City, JOHTO
Bisexual
Model/Actress
Civilian
All publicity is good publicity, if you know how to monetize.
awards
74 posts
Amber Lenoir DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @amberlenoir
Amber Lenoir
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 11:32:35 GMT
Amber Lenoir Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]The higher the stakes, the more fun the game.
[attr="class","rhythm"]
If prosperity makes monsters,
I'll claw my way to glory.
The ocean stretched out before Amber in choppy, grey-blue waves, whipped into a frenzy by the chill winter winds. She shielded her face from the sting of salt and sea as the breeze sharply stung her eyes, pouting with a low whimper as she buried her face into her scarf. Why was everything so much colder near the water? Thank goodness for her Umbreon-themed earmuffs.

Normally, Amber loved the beach. Suntanning in a bikini, drinking a fruity drink with an umbrella in one hand, and leaning back beneath the shade of a parasol was her idea of a great time. Wandering the beach bundled up in her coat and boots, stabbing at sandy trash with a pick-up-stick? Not so much.

"This is the worst thing Cynthia has made me do yet," she complained to her Umbreon, Lucifer. This accusation was neither true nor fair; Amber's publicist had most certainly forced Amber to do far more difficult things in the past than picking up some flotsam and jetsam from the beach. Exactly one journalist from the local newspaper had chosen to cover the community clean-up, and frankly, Amber had been doing her best to avoid him and his camera.

"If someone takes pictures of me they're going to be so, so ugly," she continued to whine, lifting a dingy piece of plastic with a frown. Lucifer nuzzled her legs in sympathy, helpfully holding up the bag for her to deposit the trash. "Who wants to be photographed cleaning up dirty cigarette butts and wrappers? This is so stupid. God."

Admittedly, there was far more trash than Amber had expected, and many more willing volunteers that allegedly weren't strong-armed into participating by their publicists. Most of the participants seemed excited to take part, dutifully removing the various bottles and plastic bags that had been buried in the shoreline. T-shirts that said things like "KEEP SLATEPORT CLEAN" and "PROTECT OUR WATER POKEMON" were visible and prominent.

"Show-off do-gooders," Amber muttered under her breath; surely no one would do this willingly?

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ Life's a Beach
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 12:17:08 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Cleaning up the beach was such a fun activity! Who wouldn't wanna do this? It helped the environment to boot, and improved the lives of people and Pokémon alike. Nobody liked swimming in filthy waters, after all.

Andrea thought the T-shirts adorning those volunteers looked cool, but she didn't find them that practical. What was the point of her wearing a thin, tight-fitting shirt in the freezing cold, leaving her body prone to the elements? Surely nobody, not even the omniscient narrator, would be interested in seeing that. As such, she was wearing her now typical, dragon-inspired onesie. The baggy costume insulated heat quite well, keeping her warm.

The dragon-hooded girl had just finished impaling a bunch of empty Charja Cola cans on her pointy stick, when she noticed that Chomper was munching noisily on a pile of literal garbage. "Chomper, stop that! You can't eat trash, it'll make you sick!" She cried out, grabbing the little Deino by the scruff of the neck and trying to pull. The Irate Pokémon, however, wasn't keen on foregoing its vile lunch, rooting itself into the ground.

"Hngh... You can be so stubborn sometimes!" Andrea winced, struggling to make her unruly partner listen. Eventually, Chomper slipped past her grasp, causing the pajama-clad young adult to lose her footing, staggering backwards until she bumped unto... someone. It could literally be anyone. "Oops! Sorry about that." She quickly apologized, checking the other person to make sure she hadn't accidentally stabbed them.
//is now open
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 10:00:34 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Take this!" Liore shouted, before squeezing the can of beer with her garbage tongues. "Garchomp used Crunch! It was super effective!" The five year old girl raised her tongs in victory, and a little beer spilled onto the beach. "Hey, we're supposed to be cleaning the beach sweetie." Callan spoke, his voice muffled by the fact that there was a cigarette in his mouth. He opened the trash bag for his daughter, "Come on, put the beer can in." Liore flicked the beer can into the bag before looking up at him. "But you're smoking and polluting the sand too!" "Mhm, but unlike you, I'll be sweeping up my own mess." Liore sniffed, before turning around to look for more trash, her braided ponytail swinging like a whip as the sugar demon ran to the next piece of garbage to terrorize.

"Don't run off too far!" He yelled after her, as he moved to throw the collected trash into the communal garbage containers. "Hngh... You can be so stubborn sometimes!" Came a voice nearby, distracting Callan from his thoughts. Just in time, to see a pajama-clad person stumble backwards into him. "Whoa--" He briefly exclaimed, he placed his palms up to prevent her back from colliding into him, and helped steady her balance. "Careful there, the sand can sink pretty deep."
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 13:06:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Luckily, whoever it was she had just bumped into had impeccable reflexes, and managed to right the dragon-hooded girl in a jiffy before she could land on top of him in a way that would have made a bad example for the innocent child watching nearby (and no doubt made for an awkward story when she later explained the scene to her mom).

"I didn't trip because of the sand. It was Chomper!" Andrea explained, grabbing her little Deino by the scruff of his neck and holding him up. The tiny dragon was still holding a discarded bag of chips in his teeth that he refused to let go. "He thought that eating stuff that someone else threw away was a good idea, but I think it's unhealthy and weird. It's weird, isn't it weird?" The young PokéManiac turned to the older man for validation. Truly a Deino trying to eat trash was the only weird thing about this situation...

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 19:23:12 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Oh, yeah definitely." Callan replied, looking at the rambunctious black and blue drakeling nestled on the oddly dressed ggirl's arm. "I've two beasts in my household that do the same thing, a Yamper that eats anything that it sniffs, and a daughter that--" His thoughts were stopped as the sound of a high pitch squeal cut across the beach. Immediately, he knew whose voice it was, "Sorry, one second." As he quickly hauled ass over to the sound.

"Liore?!" He yelled out, his eyes darting across the beach until he found the braided girl running towards him, tears in her eyes. A pitch black guttural fear sank into the pit of his stomach, "What's wrong?" "I-I-I-I-was-playing-in-the-water and-and-and there was a shell- and I tried to pick it up and-and-and--" The moment she turned around, it had become clear what the problem was. At the very end of her braid, attached to the tips, was a Shellder.

A purple clamshell clamped itself. Callan sucked in a sigh of relief, "It's just a Shellder, come on." He said, takingh er by the hand to walk over to his other acquaintance, as they walked, Liore's face turned beet red, realizing how dumb she looked with a pokemon dragging against her back. Callan walked back over to Andrea, "I'm Callan, by the way. This runt is my daughter. I don't suppose you know where we can get some repels nearby?
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 19:51:24 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
At Callan's assertion that eating literal trash was indeed weird, Chomper spat the dirty bag out with a frustrated snort. Humans were so judgmental! After picking the bag off the ground with her pointy stick, Andrea tilted her hooded head in mild confusion. "Your daughter is a beast...?" She muttered, taking his words at face value and trying to work out the sheer logistics inside her head. Perhaps 'daughter' was just a pet name for one of his Pokémon?

No, as it turned out, Callan did in fact have a real, very human daughter, who ran crying to her father because a Shellder had bit into her braided hair. "Nice to meet you both. I'm Andrea, and... I don't think I have any repels on me. Maybe there's a mart nearby?" The draconic cosplayer searched the pockets of her own costume, before crouching down to the smaller girl's eye level. "Hey now, little one, having a Shellder attached to your hair isn't that bad. You kinda look like a Slowbro!" She said without a hint of belittlement or mockery in her tone, like she was genuinely admiring the fact that the little tyke resembled a certain Pokémon. Perhaps her kind words would cheer her up?

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 16:34:47 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I don't wanna be a Slowbro! They're really fat." Liore complained, "And I'm not little!" "Hey, be respectful Liore." Callan pursed his lips, before turning to Andrea and nodding. "Then I'll go get some, in the meantime..." Callan unclipped a Pokeball from his hip and tossed it against the ground. With a satisfying click and a flash of light, an Audino popped out between Andrea and Liore. "Make sure Liore stays in one place Nora." The Audino hopped on one foot and saluted, before it drew its attention to the Deino and the dinosaur costumed girl.

As Callan walked away to grab a repel, Liore held the Shellder in between her tiny hands, trying to pull it off her braid, briefly looking back up towards Andrea. "What Pokemon are you wearing Andrea?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 19:49:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Slowbro aren't fat, they just have thick skeletons!" Andrea retorted, for some reason getting really overzealous in her attempt to win an argument with a literal five year old. Well, it didn't really matter, since Liore's dad was off to buy some repels to resolve this sticky situation, and as we all know dads always come back from the store. In the meantime, his Audino was in charge of guarding his daughter.

"You're talking about my costume? It's not meant to resemble a particular Pokémon." The woman in the dragon onesie responded to the younger girl's question, while dropping the latest batch of trash she'd picked up into one of the communal garbage containers. She then spun around her heel, posing proudly in her bizarre getup. "Then how did I come up with the design, you ask? It sprung into my mind one day, almost like a premonition! This is my ideal form if I were to become a Pokémon! Of course, turning into any kind of Pokémon would be exciting, but a Dragon would be the best!"

Chomper gleefully growled, seemingly approving of his trainer's opinion regarding Dragon types. Andrea then crouched down, inspecting the googly-eyed clamshell that was still stuck to Liore's hair. "You know, sometimes when Pokémon attack humans it's so they can get their attention. Maybe this Shellder just wants to be your friend." She postulated.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 10:35:32 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Mmmm I dunno..." The five year old girl flicked her braid in a circle trying to spin the Shellder off her braid. "They have that big pudgy belly... I wanna sleep on it." Liore's hazel-green eyes looked up towards the costume. "Oh! I like making Pokemon too!" Liore replied, her eyes brightening up. "I drew my dad as a Pokemon, he's a poison type because he likes to smoke a lot."

"What's this about me now?" Callan returned, carrying back to them a set of plastic bags. "I bought us some more stuff, aside from the Repel." He pulled out a can of cherry soda for his daughter, and some store bought poffins for Nora and Andrea's Deino. "I didn't know what to get you so I bought some Apple juice for you Andrea. Thanks for helping watch over my kid." He replied. "Now then..."

Callan aimed the spray at Liore's hair. "Stay back Nora, Andrea." Taking the repel up towards the SHellder's shut shell, Callan spritzed it, once, and gently so that the repel wasn't overpowering. The effect was immediate, The Shellder unclutched against Liore's hair and spund away, whirring into the ocean like a wheel on steroids. "Andrea said that the Shellder might have liked me and that was why it bit on my braid..." Naive guilt rolled across the girl's features.

"Maybe." Callan replied, "But you're too young to have Pokemon for now. Maybe once you're ten, and also, your mother wouldn't exactly be happy with having to take care of a Shellder suddenly." The white haired trainer scratched Liore's head, turning towards the beach. "Looks like the cleanup is almost over." He replied, turning towards Andrea. "I'm going to have to take her back to her mother, it was nice meeting you Andrea."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 11:45:11 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I'm sure your dad would make a really strong Pokémon, haha!" The young PokéManiac remarked, laughing softly. Soon, Callan returned, bearing gifts for the entire crew. If Chomper's eyes were visible through his raven bangs, they surely would look as big as satellite plates the moment he smelled the poffins. The Deino yapped excitedly and jumped up and down until the man handed over the delicious treat, which the quadruped dragon gobbled up almost immediately.

"Thanks for the apple juice, and don't mention it. Your daughter is a joy to be around!" Andrea said, stabbing a straw into her juice box and drinking noisily, watching cautiously as Callan used the newly bought Repel to drive the wild Shellder away. While Liore was kinda sad to see the little guy go, he pointed out that she was too young to have a Pokémon of her own.

"Who knows, maybe you'll get to meet Shellder again once you're older." The dragon-hooded girl mused, finishing her juice and carefully disposing of it in a nearby trash can. "It was nice meeting you too. Take care!" She jovially waved at the duo as she started walking away with her Deino in tow.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 12:11:05 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Liore sipped her cherry soda and was pre-occupied with it for the moment, only stopping her sips to reply. "Me too! I'm going to go bald at ten so that they don't bite my hair anymore." Callan himself had a momentary beer, as he scratched his Audino behind the ears as it chewed on the poffin politely.

"It was, take care now." Callan replied, smiling at the dragon-pajama'd girl. He turned towards Liore, "Say goodbye sweetie." Liore waved her hand hard. "Bye Andrea! I hope you find lots of Dragon Pokemon." And with that, his day with his daughter was coming to a close.

[End]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Flotsam and Jetsam [M]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 7:59:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: