Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 2:37:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby awaited his next partner in expectant silence. Bijou, his shiny Alolan NINETALES, had laid her head in his lap in a dual effort for pets and also as a way to calm her owner's nerves. Round #1 consisted of an unexpected and unwanted encounter with . Hopefully this rotation would prove better than the last.

Approaching footsteps goaded his attention away from Bijou and, looking up, Barnaby couldn't help but smile. It was a genuine, shining reaction to the man who strode toward their table. The journalist rose from his seat to shake the other's hand.

"Officer Concordas! What a delight to see you here."

Not that Paxton would likely notice, but Barnaby looked a little different since their last meeting. Gone were the heavy coat and woolen beanie, replaced with stylish business casual attire meant to accentuate his best features. Namely, his gorgeous face and piercing blue eyes.

"I was hoping I'd get the opportunity to see you again. C'est le destin. This was meant to be!"
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 3:33:15 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His first date had been pleasant enough. He liked Priam, but perhaps not in the very ‘boyfriend material’ kind of way. Still, its not all about romance. Business was important too, even if it was a secondary thought. As he made his way to the second table he caught sight of Barnaby, the journalist he’d gone on a strange Delibird misadventure with. He recalled how annoying the blonde had been during it and made sure not to make eye contact. That is, until he realized this was his next table. “Mr. Finch.” He acknowledged trying to keep his voice level. [break][break]

Paxton, like his date, also attempted a different look for the event. Gone was the dark blue uniform and crisp, ironed lines. His hair was no longer in a ponytail either. Instead, his hair was loose and his attire comfortable but sensible. He’d bothered combing his hair ad braiding back some of the side fringe that was starting to tickle. And he’d made sure to pick out a sweater vest and a dress shirt that lacked stains. His jeans, while well worn, at least also lacked any visible mud or grass patches. “Really now?” he said not really believing him and shaking Barnaby’s hand. His grip is firm and his callouses may or may not have been a little scratchy. He sat down again, as Ollie his kitten padded to sit next to Bijou, meowing curiously at her. [break][break]

“I’m sure a man of your status would like to get to business.” He said, as he pulled out a small notepad and pen. “I won’t bore you with small talk. At this time, do you have any interest engaging with the Lillycove City Police Department in the future?” he asked as if representing his workplace. He did and he sort of didn’t. It was more, he got the feeling Barnaby was troublesome no matter the environment.

[break][break]

+ date #2 [break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 4:15:59 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The feeling of Paxton's hand in his was revealing, to say the least. Barnaby enjoyed their touch, the fleeting warmth that passed between them, the feel of rough callouses against his skin. He enjoyed even more so the rest of the man sitting before him.

looked good. Barnaby had, of course, appreciated his uniformed look. But it was refreshing and attractive to see him in more casual attire. Barnaby was about to say as much until the officer pulled out his notepad. This spurred on an amused chuckle from the journalist.

"Oh, yes, good. Be sure to write this down. I'd like it to go on record."

Leaning forward in his seat, Barnaby stated very matter-of-factly, "I am interested in engaging with Officer Concordas in the future. Maybe over brunch, or a picnic in the park, or at a local brewery."

He'd pause a moment to let his statement sink in before continuing, a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"He's a very handsome and effective policeman. A true asset to the force. I think I could learn a lot by shadowing him extensively."

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:00:12 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The notepad served twofold for Paxton. One, it held all his notes or stray thoughts he might want to bring up in conversation like the nervous dolt he was. Two, it gave him somewhere to look that wasn’t the shining date in front of him. He hadn’t expected Mr. VIP to be here, but he did remember the man was practically blinding. It was sort of strange. They were both blondes but Paxton’s entire being was more subdued. Paxton didn’t need to compliment someone who clearly looked good. If he did, he had a funny feeling even a polite compliment would inflate the man’s head just a little more.
[break][break]

But just because he didn’t want to admit it, didn’t mean it wasn’t true. So down he kept his head, clinging to conscious thought like a life raft. He knew if he looked too long, he’d forget to speak, a bad habit he’d picked up ever since he’d arrived to Hoenn. “Tell me if I do it wrong, Mr. Journalist.” He replied despite his pen dutifully poised to begin his scribbles.
[break][break]

Fuck. He’s more forward than before. Or perhaps he was emboldened by the event. Whatever the case it was already worse than the last time they’d spoken. Though, a hissing Delibird wasn’t exactly the best situation to have a chat in. His eyebrows furrowed together as he forced himself to stay relaxed, but there was no hiding the pink dusting his ears at the word ‘handsome’. Hadn’t heard that shit in a while. Hadn’t felt so underserving of it before either. He smiled, the slightest twitch of his lips. “Mr. Finch, while I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our time with me, the department cannot guarantee I will be available for your visit.” They could. But he would make someone who actually WANTED to meet Barnaby do it.
[break][break]

“As for your previous inquiry, I’m afraid I must decline as I am…averse to mixing business with pleasure.” He said this, but he had absolutely considered it at the mention of a brewery. He’d felt himself focus on the word, eyes widening for a moment with interest before he’d quickly beaten down the curiosity. No. Do not get involved with rich men.

[break][break]

+ date #2 [break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:24:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Half-lidded eyes missed nothing as Paxton spoke; his flushed skin, his widening eyes. Despite the strong facade the officer put forward, Barnaby could see the crumbling foundation beneath.

But he played along for a little while. Cobalt eyes connected with Paxton's own electric blue. He nodded solemnly as the officer broke the unfortunate news, foreshadowing their dwindling time together.

However, instead of accepting the rejection, Barnaby just couldn't let such an enticing man slip through his fingers. It wasn't in his nature to give up so easily.

"I'll cut the bullshit then, Concordas. That Delibird article has long been published. Our business is concluded."

His teasing smirk returned.

"Let's focus on the pleasure." Barnaby's favorite part.

"Come have a drink with me. I'd like to get to know you off the clock."

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 5:55:37 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

A little voice inside his head was screaming GET IT TOGETHER. He felt awkward more so than usual. He was used to staring, but typically that was in uniform. The job attracted more attention than his face. Now he just had his day clothes, and a someone with dogged persistence. Then again, he’d said his profession was journalism. One had to be determined to go through that kind of career, he imagined.
[break][break]

The change in attitude was met with visible surprise. “So, you agree-” he started before shutting the fuck up. No more euphemisms, no more dancing around work. Nowhere to hide. It suddenly dawned on him that this was karma. Karma for every little tease and smirk he’d given that fucking ginger in Mauville. It had to be. He in an almost identical position as @nine , except Paxton hadn’t had the balls to go through with asking them out.
[break][break]

Still, this avenue garnered more of a reaction from the officer. He leaned in, resting his elbows on the table. Blue eyes stared back refusing to blink. He regarded him, wondering how far this bravado went. “Just a drink?” he asked slowly. It was more of a challenge than anything, something about Barnaby’s confidence rubbing him the wrong way again. “An’ I get to pick the venue?” He already knew where he wanted to go. He paused once more before snorting. “I think I’m pretty easy to get to know. Question is, will you let me do the same?” he asked. Barnaby had the air of what Paxton could only describe as a used car salesman. Charming, handsome, a flatterer, and an innate greasiness to his words he just didn’t like. Like, some people just weren’t supposed to be that slick

[break][break]

+ date #2 [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 16:32:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Just a drink." Barnaby repeated, smiling.

Honestly, this was a surprising but pleasant capitulation. He'd thought Paxton would take a little more coaxing before agreeing to meet, but, perhaps there was more interest on his part than he was willing to outwardly admit.

"Wherever you want, chéri."

Barnaby's eyebrows rose a millimeter or two at Paxton's next question. "I wouldn't ask you out if I didn't want the interaction to be mutual. We'll get to know each other, hm?"

A warning bell chimed overhead, signaling the end to their little reunion. With a sigh Barnaby rose from his seat. Before departing, however, he reached into his coat and extracted one of his business cards, setting it down on the table beside Paxton.

"Reach out when you want to grab that drink. I'm looking forward to it."

He gave the officer one final smile before heading off to find his next partner.

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,487 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 20:19:33 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

If it would prevent him from coming back to the station, he didn't mind the free alcohol. Besides, with the place he had in mind, the guy would probably stop all this nonsense after a couple of drinks. Dramatic, sure, but you couldn't always talk your way out of a fight. He smiled, another struggle before dropping it once more. "I'll do my best. I'm not the best conversationalist." he offered, relieved the buzzer went off. [break][break]

He didn't blow off the gesture though, picking up and pocketing the card in his wallet for later. He'd have to call later. He'd sort of agreed to it already. "See you later then, Mr. Finch." he offered letting the other man waltz away before he scooped up Ollie and headed quickly for his 3rd round. Hopefully it'd be less eventful.

[break][break]

+ date #2 [break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ARREST HIM, OFFICER [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2022 23:48:41 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS