TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 3:41:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

So far, while the event hadn’t provided Mars with any new contacts, it had given him the chance to discuss business ventures with people whom he perhaps wouldn’t have considered discussing such things. was a great example of this.
[break][break]
Mars had come here for business and business alone, and yet, when seeing his next partner approach the table by which he sits, the thoughts that cross the banker’s mind have little to do with business.
[break][break]
The pink-tailed Meowth by his side meows in greeting, an elegant bow tied around her neck. In contrast, Mars smirks, eyes of a warm amber shade meeting beautiful cobalt ones as they have one so many times since the day they met.
[break][break]
Mister Finch. This must be fate.”
[break][break]
As often is the case with Mars, he leaves it up to Barnaby to guess if he’s joking or not.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 20:20:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
CEO del Mar.

The journalist came striding toward his next partner, confident and collected, his characteristic smile on full display for all to see. He’d dressed to impress for this event - although he always took time on his appearance - and his effort showed. A flawless face, impeccable designer clothes, styled hair. Nothing was left to chance when business and romance were on the table.

C'est le destin. Fate indeed. I was hoping to see your handsome face among the crowd.” An overt compliment, just because it was he was talking to.

Ah, je suis désolé” His eyes flicked to the nameplate on the table, indicating the participant’s name and meeting preference. “It seems you are all business today.

Barnaby’s tone was anything but apologetic, though. In fact, there was a teasing humor there. Reclining into his seat, his attention was momentarily diverted to the adorably-colored MEOWTH at his feet.

Hello, little one.” The journalist cooed, scritching the feline behind its ears. Bijou came forward to greet the cat as well, offering the other Pokemon a friendly mew in return.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 23:10:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The Meowth that is known as POG Bank’s beloved mascot relishes in ’s affection, closing her eyes as black ears twitch a couple of times.
[break][break]
The man who could be called her trainer, on the other hand, doesn’t look away from the journalist, that same smirk Barnaby is so very familiar with remaining at his lips.
[break][break]
”Alas, cherí, it takes more than a five minute encounter for someone to make that sort of impression on me.”
[break][break]
It’s an honest response, despite how it may seem as if it’s not, for as much as Mars may cherish love, romantic feelings have only been felt for a couple of people before. For someone like him, feelings like those take long to develop, and it requires the right person.
[break][break]
”How about you? Found anyone who sparks your interest?”
[break][break]
The question is asked out of curiosity, ever fond of gossip.

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 23:41:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
With one final pat to the MEOWTH, Barnaby righted himself in his seat and looked across the table, meeting Mars' gorgeous amber gaze. The locking of their eyes, however numerous now, continued to send a shiver of delight down the journalist's spine.

"Of course. You are a fine wine that deserves to be savored, no? Not a cheap tequila shot. Five minutes with you isn't possibly enough." Was Barnaby speaking generally about the event or recalling some fond memory? He left it purposefully vague, smirking.

To the banker's question, he took a moment to think, but not too long of one. He didn't want to waste his time with , after all.

" was my first date. That was nerve-wracking, only because he doesn't know about my public identity. We've only met under more covert circumstances." ROCKET shenanigans and the like.

"A police officer was my second." He smirked, recalling 's reluctance and eventual acquiescence. "He was fun to tease." A small chuckle was released at the memory.

"My last was a laboratory aide named Conrad. Seems like a go-getter, but a little young for my tastes." was certainly cute, though.

"And you, mon beau?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 0:22:02 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

"Five minutes with you isn't possibly enough."
[break][break]
"Careful, dulzura, I may just take you with me once this date ends if you keep saying things like those."
[break][break]
Heavy implications are made all too passingly and easily dismissed, an eyebrow being raised at the mention of – mostly because it’s hard to imagine someone like him at an event like this. Especially considering that the grunt always looks like he’s about to piss his pants when Mars sees him even though all the banker has ever done is talk to him and save him from ending up lost in an enchanted forest.
[break][break]
Then there’s the name of someone he doesn’t know or care for, and finally, as if to contrast, one he knows all too well. ? He’s a good kid. A real asset.”
[break][break]
Mars has nothing but praise for Priam, but of course, he’s also not here to talk about other Team Rocket members. He’s here to talk to .
[break][break]
”As for mine… No one I didn’t already know, actually, but there were a couple of interesting business proposals made. Doubt any of the ones that follow will be better than this one, though.”
[break][break]
The comment is made with ease, his gaze never leaving Barnaby’s.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 0:50:11 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I may just take you with me once this date ends if you keep saying things like those."

"You say that as if that isn't my intention." It was so easy to fall back into the little game of cat and mouse that they so loved to play. Innuendos abound, but the conversation quickly shifts.

"Oh, you know Conrad? Good. He seemed bright. I'll have to take him up on his offer, then. Something about connections to the League's research department." Barnaby didn't seem too interested in the prospect, however. His mind just wasn't in business mode at the moment.

"Such a flatterer, Martín." That teasing lilt returned to his voice. "I'm sure you've said that to all your dates."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 1:04:46 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The moment comes and goes, quicker than if he had run into Barnaby on the street during a busy day of work. It really is a shame, but of course, Mars being Mars, he will always be one to make the best out of even the worst of situations.
[break][break]
There’s teasing in the journalist’s voice, but in contrast, Mars’ response comes all too honestly, not even bothering to take a moment to consider his answer. ”No, I haven’t.” No explanations, no jokes, no flirtatious remarks, just the simple truth and nothing more than that.
[break][break]
But, that playful smirk of his is still at his lips, and he still looks into Barnaby’s eyes, a hand reaching for his just as the bell dings…
[break][break]
”What a shame.”
[break][break]
He leans in then, placing a soft kiss upon knuckles before letting go so Barnaby can move onto his next date.
[break][break]
”Don’t miss me too much, mon trésor.”
[break][break]
It's then and only then that Mars winks.
[break][break]
Does he really think of that way?

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2022 1:43:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Mars' honest admission took Barnaby by surprise. He'd expected a flirtatious comeback, as was natural in their dynamic. This was unexpected, but not unpleasantly so. It stroked just the right parts of Barnaby's ego.

Just as the journalist was about to reply, the buzzer overhead interrupts; the first time in this event that Barnaby was truly sorry to hear it.

His mouth parted, about to wish the banker well in the coming rounds. That was, until, Mars reached across the table.

's touch was gentle, caring. His lips somehow feeling like a warm reminder of something heady and nostalgic. For once, Barnaby was momentarily speechless. In place of words, a pink blush blossomed on his cheeks.

"I'll try my best, chéri, but you always make it so difficult." He smiled, winking back, starting to regain his usual composure.

And that was it, their brief meeting concluded. Barnaby was ushered away to his next round but, as he walked, he felt fairly certain that no one would compare to the feeling currently bubbling pleasantly inside of him.

With a hand still tingling where Mars' lips had made contact, Barnaby pulled out his phone and sent a quick message:

my place tonight, 8 PM?
we can savor some wine together 🥂😘

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Marnaby [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:31:27 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS