awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 4:54:15 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Arriving at the table, Derek quickly flashes a smile towards the lady sitting across from his seat, waving lightly before giving a "Hello." her way. An arm reaches out to the table, allowing his Sobble to help himself to some cookies while they converse. "I'm Derek, and that there is Jonesy." Pointing to the little blue lizard that was already on it's third cookie, the puffed cheeks and innocent stare as it waved with a fourth cookie in-hand were a telling story of what the two of them were like. "What'd you come here for?" Asking as he seats himself, Derek snatches a cookie and takes a bite before sitting it back down on his own plate.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 11:21:45 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ even in the ruins
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ even in the ruins

[attr="class","tcsub"] FLOWERS BLOOM AND FLOURISH

[attr="class","tcword"] speed dating #3

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "Derek," Elisabeth echoed pleasantly; her lilting Kalosian accent was faint, but distinct. "I am Elisabeth Fiorelli. Charmed to meet you." The noblewoman then gestured to the Roselia by her side, saying with a warm smile, "And this is Primrose. Prim, do say hello to Jonesy." Her Roselia sketched an elegant bow to the Sobble, flowery arms outstretched, only to look up with mild disbelief that the mannerless Pokemon was already ingesting not one, not two, but four cookies. The audacity![break][break]

More than mildly entertained by her Roselia's reaction to Jonesy's gluttony, Elisabeth turned back to Derek, listening to his question patiently. "Curiosity, mostly," she replied evenly. "I am scarcely a month arrived in Hoenn, myself, and events like these allow you to meet many individuals quickly. Potential friends, business associates... or more, perhaps, should the right spark appear between two people."[break][break]

Playing idly with the flowers in her hair, Elisabeth continued, "Thus far I have met the CEO of the Silph Company, and a former athlete turned minor league gym leader. As for me, I am simply a florist from Petalburg. We are a rather varied group at this event, aren't we?" She laughed gently, her hands returning to her lap as she assessed her partner thoughtfully. "What of your reasons, Derek?"[break][break]

Following his lead, Elisabeth took two cookies herself, handing one to the indignant Primrose. "Good thinking," she teased in a low whisper, glancing at the Sobble. "If we wait any longer to try these desserts, I believe Jonesy will kindly try them all for us." Her crystal blue eyes glittered with keen amusement. [break][break]

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 21:16:41 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Unable to hold back the chuckle, Derek pats Jonesy on the head to reassure him it was okay if he ate most of the cookies. "So you met Fernando? Not a bad start to your first month then." She was very much right about there being all kinds of people to meet here. "I am here for both the dating and the networking, though if I had to tell the truth of it, I came to see if my crush would be here." So far there was no sign of them, not that he was really paying much attention. The intense decorum and whatnot made him quite enthusiastic to give his first speed dating convention and honest try.

"How are you liking Petalburg by the way?" Being Derek's favorite city in Hoenn due to it resembling his home, he was genuinely hopeful to find that she enjoyed it just as much as he did.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 23:11:02 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "Mr. Silph was entirely pleasant to speak to, truthfully," Elisabeth said of . "I believe my little flower shop was hardly beneficial to his networking goals, but we had a nice enough conversation." She smiled recalling it. That meeting had set the stage nicely for the rest of the event; it had admittedly made her more open-minded about the evening's possibilities. "Do you know him well?"[break][break]

At the mention of the crush, Elisabeth's eyebrows lifted perceptively. The idea hadn't offended her in the least, but rather intrigued her deeply. "Oh? Anyone I might recognize?" A rather devilish look flashed in her blue eyes. "I don't suppose there is anything I can do to assist you in that department? Would be a shame to go the whole night looking for flowers in the wrong garden."[break][break]

Petalburg was a topic, however, that Elisabeth was more than willing to discuss at length. "I adore it," she said. "My flower shop is just on the outside of town, near the woods. Wonderful place to encounter some darling Bug and Grass Pokemon. I confess I am terribly partial to the dears." The noblewoman rested her chin on her hand, cocking her head at Derek curiously. "And you? Where is your current residence in Hoenn?"[break][break]
Meanwhile, poor Primrose was shaking her head at Jonesy in disbelief that neither trainer seemed to care about the plate being reduced to mere crumbs at his appetite.

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 11:11:55 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"I know him enough." Derek admits, shrugging a little. "He's a businessman, so someone like me doesn't have many reasons to be in his presence very long. I'd say we're acquaintances at best, though he's thoughtful enough to have invited me to a dinner for members of the league because of my prior station as Petalburg's gym leader. Can't say I've ever returned the thoughtfulness, though..."

Bothering a busy person like him seemed bothersome for the both of them.

"As for the crush, I'm sorry to say it's something of a secret. And, honestly, there's more than one. As a florist, you'd probably understand the urge to pick more than one flower." Though he felt cheap for comparing his potential romantic ventures to such a thing, there was hope Elisabeth would get his point.

"As for my current residence, I tend to drift around. I'm a ranger, so they provide a few places I can crash at night. Though I don't have my own home yet, I do rent out a spare room from and old guy at Petalburg. And when I so wish, I camp out and make a fire somewhere in the wild with my pokemon."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 11:42:26 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"]
Elisabeth nodded in understanding at Derek's description of his experiences with the businessman. It sounded rather on brand for someone as busy and frankly powerful as Fernando Silph. "Petalburg Gym Leader is an impressive title," she said. "Do you miss it at all, or are you happier without the burden of it?" It felt like a slightly dangerous question, but no more dangerous than investigating someone's crush at a speed dating event.[break][break]
Or crushes, as the matter happened to be in Derek's case.[break][break]
"Keeping your options open, hm?" Elisabeth said, more than a little amused by the openness of the answer. "That is wise, I think. In the past I have been too trusting too quickly and bitterly regretted it. There are plenty of, shall we say, flowers worth enjoying for their beauty." She laughed. "I fear this metaphor will get away from me if I keep relying on it long enough."[break][break]
The life that Derek described was so different than the one Elisabeth had known. Her residence had changed from her childhood home, to her husband's manor, and finally now to her cottage: one stable household to the next. "I cannot decide if I would love such a restless existence or find it very stressful," she admitted at last. "Do you enjoy having no roots tying you down?"

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 15:10:41 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Oh, happier without for sure." Being a gym leader just wasn't what Derek expected, or hoped for. His current station was much more suited to him, and had no such roots tying him down. A blessing, and one he counted.

"I've never been one to let anyone or anything keep me somewhere I feel I shouldn't be. My parents tried that with an office job back in Johto." A wide smirk and the rolling of the eyes made it obvious Derek thought it amusing. "They had good intentions, sure, but those can only get you so far." Picking up the remainder of his cookie and chewing down, Derek looked around as the bell chimed softly to alert everyone that they would soon be changing partners.

"Anyway, best of luck to you in the coming rounds. If I soon have a need for floral arrangements for those I've mentioned, I'll be sure to find you in Petalburg."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 19:53:22 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tctag"]

[attr="class","tctext"] "An admirable philosophy. I envy it a little -- I hope it brings you much happiness." As the timer began to ding, Elisabeth smiled and arose from her seat, preparing once more for the next round in this song and dance. So far all pleasant encounters to-date. What excellent odds Elisabeth had stumbled upon this evening.[break][break]

"I do hope I see you in Petalburg," she said, sincerely. "We are actually doing a small promotion at the moment for Palentine's Day that you might find interesting. I do recommend the roses, they blossomed beautifully this year." The blonde patted the crimson flowers artfully arranged in her bun for emphasis. "And they are a terribly romantic gesture."[break][break]

Primrose tottered over as Elisabeth began to advance to the next table, calling over her shoulder, "Best of luck to you as well. I hope you find who you're looking for, Derek."[break][break]

[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,561 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
asphodelia [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 5:38:20 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay