Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 17:26:34 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]For the Swarm

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

"Amaranth, darling, would you gather some more roses from the back?" Elisabeth called to her Scizor, her fingers deftly weaving her latest floral arrangement into place. "I'll be out after this one. We'll also need more baby's breath if you can find it." [break][break]

Obediently the knightly red Pokemon vanished into the outdoor gardens, leaving Elisabeth alone with her Vivillon at the kitchen table.[break][break]

Save for her regal poise, the blonde gave little away of her noble bearing as she worked, her fingers pricked from shearing thorns from rose stems. Elisabeth had tied her hair back into a practical braid and dressed in a loose, billowy white blouse, complete with trim, waist-high jeans and grass-stained sneakers. [break][break]

It was a far-cry from the ensembles she had worn in Kalosian balls, but it was comfortable, and allowed her a full range of movement as she prettied each signature display to her liking.[break][break]

Today Elisabeth had decided to focus solely on the bouquets for her Sweetheart Sale promotion, as they comprised the bulk of her current orders. The moment she finished tying the ribbon around a bouquet and attached the card, she handed it to her Vivillon, Petunia, who faithfully delivered it to the addressee listed. [break][break]

A sense of pride and pleasure filled Elisabeth as she worked--she loved her little flower shop, civilian front though it may be, and it satisfied her immensely to be excellent at what she did. [break][break]

"You're doing lovely work, Petal," she said sincerely to the Vivillon as the Bug-type darted out the window, which had been left slightly ajar for ease of flight. A ray of sunlight had filtered in through it, warming the open space from every angle. A smile creased Elisabeth's lips, then quickly faded. [break][break]

Hm. Amaranth had been taking a long time to return, hadn't she? Perhaps she ought to check on the Scizor soon. After this next bouquet, at least.[break][break]

Now despite the hours listed outside of the flower shop, the 'open' sign on the front door had been prematurely turned to 'closed', with the door nonetheless unlocked in the event of an urgent customer request. This was busy season, after all.

So when the bell chimed to denote a new visitor, Elisabeth did not even look up from her intricate labor. [break][break]

"Fiorelli Floristry," she called out in a sing-song voice, her fingers already busied in a bouquet of startlingly blue forget-me-nots. "How can I help you?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 4:34:22 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Some time had passed since his and 's defense of the ROCKET-controlled slum. Enough that Barnaby felt compelled to check in on the budding new grunt.

Something about the way she carried herself - the dichotomy between meek widow and ruthless criminal - had intrigued him enough to hold a passing interest. Plus, her expertise outside of ROCKET affairs was laudable.

As Barnaby approached the shop entrance he noticed the CLOSED sign, but paid it no mind; in fact, it guaranteed Elisa's singular attention, which he preferred.

The chiming of bells announced his arrival and yet - much to his surprise - Elisabeth didn't even bother turning to greet him. Hmm.

Light of foot, casual and quiet, he strode over and leaned his elbows onto the counter where she worked. Behind him a beautiful FLORGES sashayed through the doorway.

"I have an urgent request that requires your full attention, Lady Fiorelli." He whispered, teasingly, half-lidded eyes trained on her face to see what sort of reaction he'd elicited.

"You really should look up when someone approaches you, Elisa. Who knows what kind of bad men might storm the castle."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 12:40:27 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

[break]

Her attention had been so singularly focused upon her bouquet that when Bee's voice tickled her ear, Elisabeth jumped despite herself, clutching her heart. "Ah!" [break][break]

There the Rocket was, smirking as always, and somehow always finding her in a graceless moment. 'Lady' indeed, she thought bitterly. Her rapid heart rate slowed, the sudden blush fading from her cheeks as her voice became flat and level once more: "Plenty of bad men storm this castle, Bee. I should think you'd know, being one of them."[break][break]

It felt strange to see Bee in her little cottage, admittedly. Their previous meeting had been in the slums of Slateport, in far different circumstances. He had seen her at... Well. He had seen her in a different sort of work, to put it mildly.[break][break]

Though it wasn't that different, in truth. "You must be here for a special arrangement," Elisabeth said, her phrasing deliberately layered. "If you give me a moment, I can retrieve it for you from the basement. I apologize, I wasn't aware someone was coming in for an urgent delivery today."[break][break]

The blonde stood up, brushing stray pollen, petals, and fallen leaves from her jeans. Only then did she see the Florges, and a warmth overtook her tone. "Oh, what a beautiful creature you are! I adore Florges." She glanced up at Bee, asking with sincere interest and fondness, "What is her name?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 20:21:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Her reaction was just as he'd expected. It brought great satisfaction to the schoolyard bully in him.

"Plenty of bad men storm this castle, Bee."

"Oh? So you have many gentlemanly callers coming your way? I can't say I'm surprised." He chose to ignore her comment about him being one of the bad men. By now, despite their limited encounters, they both knew it was the truth.

"Oh, no, I was just teasing, Elisa." With a dismissive wave he stopped her from proceeding to the basement. "The only special arrangement I need..." A date? A tryst? Something more intimate? He purposefully extended the silence leading up to his reveal. "... is your help."

It may not have sounded odd to , but Barnaby wasn't usually one to ask for help from others.

"I've recently started a garden and it's not going to plan. Naturally, I thought of our renowned florist. Do you mind sharing your knowledge with a lowly beginner?" Barnaby's tone was playful yet sincere. He really needed guidance and quick. There were some expensive berries on the line.

At her recognition of his FLORGES and subsequent question, Barnaby's smirk calmed into a warm smile. "N'est-ce pas? Sylvie is her name. Fitting for such a floral beauty. I thought you would like her."

Dignified and reposed, the FLORGES viewed Elisabeth with downcast eyes. Approaching the pair of humans, she offered a delicate hand to the woman beside the counter.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 23:30:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

[break]

Elisabeth rolled her eyes ever so slightly. "Rumours of my coquetry are greatly exaggerated. Besides, all of Hoenn is engaging in dating this season. I have the flower arrangements to prove it." [break][break]

The long, deliberate pause stretched out between Bee's initial statement and his final thoughts served only to make Elisabeth cross her arms, awaiting an answer. "Ah," she said, dry amusement in her tone. Was all of Team Rocket gardening these days? and now Bee. "You have picked a most difficult time for my scheduling, I must say. Palentine's Day has been a challenging season for my staff and I."[break][break]

All chastisement in her tone, however, evaporated at the Florges's delicate greeting, which Elisabeth received as a queen might a most cherished royal ambassador. "Sylvie," she echoed, gently taking the leaf-like hand in hers. "You are an exceptionally lovely Florges, aren't you? I am honoured to make your acquaintance." The stark disparity between this reverence and her behaviour towards Bee was somewhat comical, though Elisabeth herself seemed wholly unaware of it.[break][break]

With great reluctance, Elisabeth turned away from Sylvie to face Bee with a little sigh. "As much as I have enjoyed this distraction, I am afraid that I have an exceedingly long list of orders to get to. So if you do not mind, we can reschedule and--"[break][break]

Elisabeth was cut off swiftly as her Vivillon, Petunia, fluttered back in through the window with an urgent little squeak. Her wings atwitter with distress, she began to tug at her mistress's sleeves, dragging her to the door that led to the back garden. "What...? Petal, please, I am busy," Elisabeth said, utterly flabbergasted at this unusual behaviour from her usually obedient, poised Pokemon. "For Celebi's sake, what has gotten into you, you silly thing?"[break][break]

A silent apology in her eyes and her eyebrows arched at Bee with a promise that 'we-will-continue-this-later,' Elisabeth followed the insistent Bug-type Pokemon to the indicated door, which she opened wide to witness her garden of flourishing blooms.[break][break]

Elisabeth's hand flew to her mouth, stunned. "Oh... Oh dear."[break][break]

An infestation of Combees littered her garden from every conceivable angle, burying their faces in every rose, petunia, daffodil, daisy, and carnation. A handful of them would be welcome, certainly. But this many? It was enough to populate a single Vespiquen's hive. Her Scizor, Amaranth, was attempting to shoo away several from making a mess of her rosebuds, while her Tsareena, Narcissa, stood imposingly before the cottage itself, intimidating any would-be assailants from breaching the stronghold.[break][break]

"I promise you, this has never happened before," Elisabeth said, turning to Bee who had, naturally, not had the grace to depart her little cottage, but instead brazenly followed her outside. Why wouldn't he, she thought with wry, bitter resignation, when opportunities to fluster her seemed to bloom in abundance today? It was as if the man could summon them just by breathing.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 3:39:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Sylvie graced Elisa with the faintest of begrudging smiles, placated by the reverence the human showed. Hmf. At least she knew her place.

Turning her nose to the air, the FLORGES pivoted and regally strutted back to where Barnaby stood nearby. Her trainer watched all this with a bemused smirk on his face, still leaning against the counter.

"Come now, Elisa, surely you can spare a few minutes for me." He began, practically purring. "It'll be fun—"

Before he could continue to implore the poor florist, her VIVILLON fluttered inside and disturbed their conversation. Cobalt eyes slid from butterfly to owner, taking stock of the situation. Something was obviously amiss.

With less grace than he had expected of , the befuddled woman whisked herself away to the back door of the shop. Barnaby had, of course, seen her apologetic expression - but chose to ignore it.

He abhorred wasting his time. He'd get what he came for, no matter the interruption.

With the confidence and assured air of someone seeming much closer to Elisabeth than he actually was, Barnaby calmly followed after her. It soon became apparent what the trouble was, even before her startled reaction.

"It seems you have a few unwanted visitors? A simple enough fix, then we can get to my gardening edification." An easy, unbothered suggestion. "My Ninetales will have no trouble subduing these Combee."

Barnaby's hand disappeared into a pocket of his coat, ready to retrieve the desired Pokémon.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 16:49:23 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

[break]

"Don't you dare set fire to my garden." The cold glare in Elisabeth's icy gaze sought to freeze Bee's hand in place, her voice sharp and thorned as a Vine Whip. "Or do you want to explain to why his company's latest Palentine's arrangements burnt to a crisp yourself?"[break][break]

There had to be another way to handle this. A cleverer way.[break][break]

"Where's the Queen Vespiquen?" she asked, her blue eyes darting about. "These are all just Combee. That's odd, isn't it?"[break][break]

Usually, these Bug-type Pokemon hovered in a hive with their queen, whom they loyally served as worker bees. What had flushed them from their home, so far from their monarch? [break][break]

"Something must have disrupted their ecosystem," Elisabeth concluded, pursing her lips as her brow furrowed in thought.[break][break]

It wasn't unusual to hear of intrusive species of Pokemon being driven to forests when cities expanded... Perhaps something had happened in Petalburg Woods?[break][break]

Elisabeth knelt beside one of the Combee, gesturing for her Vivillon to join in a sort of intercession. "Petunia," she said in a far gentler, far kinder tone than she had directed to Bee mere minutes ago, "can you ask this little one what's amiss?"[break][break]

The butterfly Pokemon hovered next to a female Combee with a chirp of greeting, flitting about the yellow Pokemon curiously. A series of buzzes answered, rising and falling in distress, before both Pokemon turned to Elisabeth decisively. This time, rather than the Vivillon, it was the Combee gently pulling Elisabeth forward by the sleeve of her blouse.[break][break]

As undignified as such a manner of transportation was, Elisabeth was in no real position to care what thought of her. "You needn't follow," Elisabeth said, glancing over her shoulder at the man and his Florges as she and her Vivillon followed the Combee into the woods. "As I am sure you can tell," she emphasized once more, quite drily, "my day is already quite behind schedule."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 4:03:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Eyebows rose in pleasant surprise at Elisa's icy tone; my, didn't she have bite. Barnaby extracted his hand from his pocket, palm empty, and listened with a bemused smile as she threatened him with a good time.

"Frankly, I couldn't give two fucks about ." He explained, deadpan. "But I do care about your business. Let me help."

It was less of a request and more of a demand.

At her query his own blue eyes flicked from one end of the garden to the other. No signs of a VESPIQUEEN.

"It is odd." Barnaby had a layman's knowledge of Bug-type Pokémon, but even he knew that a hive needed it's queen. He glanced to Elisa, and then back to the scene before him. These COMBEE seemed agitated and fearful.

"You're right. Something major to displace such a large number of bees." It was then that attempted to commune with one of the frightened insects, which immediately tried to lead her away. Barnaby stepped forward, intent on following despite her denial.

"Not a problem, chérie. I can help get you back on schedule."

It didn't matter how politely or impolitely she refused him. His confidence was slick; any admonishments simply slid off without a second thought.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 13:45:43 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

Elisabeth exhaled with a long-suffering sigh, ignoring his bravado about who he did and did not give a fuck about in Hoenn, or otherwise. "Believe me, your interest in my business is evident enough, from how often you stick your nose into it."[break][break]

What was she going to do about it though, exactly? Shoo the man and his help away? She couldn't manage to rid herself of a few Combee today, much less the King Bee himself. She would have to resign herself to his silliness for a few more hours, at least.[break][break]

"Not a problem, chérie." The Kalosian pet name prickled at something faint and familiar, but long-buried; Elisabeth's eyebrows rose slightly as it was spoken aloud, as if questioning, but other than this her reaction to the term of endearment was fairly muted. [break][break]

Kalosians kissed one another and flirted with one another the way that people in Hoenn raised a hand to say hello. It was an empty gesture meaning nothing, a verbal tic as commonplace as an accent or a stutter. Elisabeth had long ceased using such pet terms herself, for her own reasons.[break][break]

She blinked slowly, as if dismissing a thought before it could fully take hold. Better not to dwell on such things for too long.[break][break]

"Bee, let's not pretend you don't have every intention of distracting me from my schedule," the blonde said with a low laugh as they wandered further in the woods. A strange hushed silence preceded their entry as the lone Combee led their way ahead; gone was the usual serenade of Ledyba or fluttering Beautifly that Elisabeth had been so accustomed to on her daily strolls.[break][break]

It unsettled her, slightly. Perhaps a distraction would be welcome after all.[break][break]

"Tell me about your garden, then, while we are here." A peace offering, extended like a white lily between them. "What troubles are you having, precisely?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 8:31:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Yes, yes, I understand, you're bothered by my interest." He responded in a bored tone, brushing off her comment with a wave of his hand. "Are you always so quick to temper, Elisa?"

More of a rhetorical question, as he felt he already knew the answer. Memories of their speed date came to mind, as well as the poor sap who'd been tortured at her hand.

She certainly wasn't one to toy with. And yet he just couldn't help himself.

"Me? Distracting? Never. I wouldn't dream of it, Miss Fiorelli." He retorted, obviously teasing. Barnaby matched her low laugh with a bright one of his own. They walked, it seemed, in relative companionable silence for a time. That was, until, Elisabeth broke it.

"Oh, it's just a small garden." He'd had it constructed at his boarding stable, where his horse Pokémon were kept, but he didn't want to relay that information to her. That was apart of his public image, not his private ROCKET life.

"No troubles per se. I planted a few berry trees and lately the leaves seem a little droopy. Still alive, just not as vivacious as I'd like." He smirked at his comment, glancing her way.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 9:25:08 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

"Is that all?" Her disbelief was palpable. From how the man had been carrying on, Elisabeth had expected he had a hedge of rose bushes knocking on death's door. "Are you always so dramatic about minor inconveniences?"[break][break]

Bee's private assessment of her temper wasn't wrong, in this way. It was easy enough to compare the florist to the flowers she tended to: the metaphor wrote itself, of pretty-faced petals wreathed in prickly thorns and briars. The closer one got to Elisabeth Fiorelli, the likelier it was they'd prick a finger and bleed on the sharpness of her unkind edges.[break][break]

If you asked the florist herself, however, she was at least consistent: unlike Bee, who seemed to delight in being contrary and puckish for his own amusement, at her expense no less. [break][break]

Ah, well. Elisabeth could educate the man, she supposed, to pass the time. "Let's assume that you have fertile soil and a full range of sunlight, then." She exhaled sharply through her nose, her faint dismay that she was indulging him at all made blatant. "Are you pruning weeds? A little mulch can do wonders for preventing them from taking hold."[break][break]

An eyebrow lifted as she looked to the Combee that was leading her along, she continued coolly, "Check for pests, as well. You might have some unwanted visitors drawn by the berries. I find I am dealing with such nuisances more often than not."[break][break]

He was a smart enough man. He could connect the dots, and then pretend not to notice the connections between them, as he always did.[break][break]

Abruptly, however, Elisabeth felt her body jerk to a stop as the string pulling her forward came to a halt. The Combee in front of her hovered up and down, buzzing softly, before hiding behind the blonde's Vivillon. "...Hm. What is up ahead that has you so afraid, little one?"[break][break]

And then Elisabeth heard it -- the regal thrum of a Vespiquen's low, irritable buzz, her wings buffeting the nearby leaves with latent fury. There was a sort of awe in witnessing such a magnificent, royal being defend her home, her FELL STINGER slicing through the air to strike the dark silhouette of whatever intruder had cut into her forest.[break][break]

The familiar adrenaline rush of anticipation coursed through Elisabeth as she prepared to direct her Vivillon to act, only for the shadow in the forest to shift focus and emerge from the undergrowth.[break][break]

All bravado evaporated at the sight of those crimson eyes.[break][break]

An Emboar. Why was it an Emboar. Why would an Emboar be here, in Petalburg Woods?[break][break]

Foolish to think it recognized her. Pathetic to fear it for the sins of a different master, in a different life, buried in a grave far away in Kalos--a grave that she had ensured would claim her late husband, one way or another, no matter how many dosages of poison it took.[break][break]

The searing pain in her thigh, however, remembered the burn that had branded her there. And it dragged her, unceremoniously, to her knees as the Emboar advanced.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 3:50:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Hmm. Good question! I suppose it depends on the inconvenience." Puckish and deflective as ever, it seemed. He didn't bother giving a straight answer, and it didn't appear Elisa was looking for one. She graciously began her gardening instructions instead.

Him pruning weeds on a regular basis? Heavens, no. He paid a worker at the boarding facility to tend to the garden. Pruning, watering, applying insecticides, the works. As far as Barnaby could tell from his weekly visits, all these tasks were being completed.

Perhaps he should speak with the worker, though, just to be sure.

"Yes, pruning is being done, but adding mulch is a good idea. I'll be sure to do that."

At her next statement, one laced in acidic double-meanings, he couldn't help but smirk and counter with, "Pests are accounted for. I've found some fairly adorable ones, though, like a little Cutiefly. It was pretty endearing and loveable despite my initial annoyance."

Two could play the connect-the-dots game.

Admittedly, Barnaby was enjoying their banter. Walking through the forest with , dappled in afternoon sunlight and accompanied by the lilting songs of woodland creatures, was surprisingly contenting for him.

A fleeting urge to take her hand came and went, perhaps scared away by Petunia's concern. Or by the appearance of the VESPIQUEEN they had been searching for; she wasn't alone, however.

Many things happened at once within moments of each other. The queen bee attacked a mystery foe, who soon appeared from the shadows of the trees. The EMBOAR emerged, tusks raised and snorting aggressively. Sylvie immediately came to her trainer's side, while Barnaby released another of his Pokémon - Evangeline.

Elisa, usually so independent and self-assured, wordlessly fell to her knees.

Seeing this, Barnaby's instincts took over; their situation was perilous and he needed to gain control. Hurriedly, he gave instructions for his FLORGES to release her Misty Terrain, safeguarding those around them from the EMBOAR's burns, while his STARMIE was told to Protect them while Barnaby executed his next action.

"Elisa, we have to move - now." Gone was his typical teasing tone, replaced with a hard, serious edge. He didn't wait for her response, didn't even bother waiting for her to move. Looping an arm around her waist, Barnaby lifted her off her knees as if she were feather-light, backstepping quickly until he found cover for them behind a nearby oak.
florges used misty terrain [1/5]
starmie used protect

mission: FOR THE SWARM
outfit check

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 13:13:59 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]Arms snaked around her waist like unwanted vines, confining and stifling, as Elisabeth was uprooted from where the Emboar had transfixed her in place. Her body reacted in the way it had been taught to react for years: like a punishing thicket of briars, scratching and clawing at whomever dared to get close.[break][break]

"Let me go!"[break][break]

Reason fled as raw, animalistic instinct took over, her every nerve screaming in thrashing protest as led her to safety. Nails dug into his skin like thorns, her shriek voiced at such a high pitch it drew the attention of the Vespiquen and Emboar both. Were it not for the rosy clouds of the MISTY TERRAIN, they would have been spotted instantly.[break][break]

A sound mind would have been grateful for Bee's interference. An Elisabeth of calm composure would have understood that to remain frozen was to be prey to the creature that had inspired so much terror in her.[break][break]

Yet here the Emboar was, drawing forth that black emotion like a long-dormant spring: flooding her from the inside with the thick tar of strangling panic.[break][break]

Her late husband's voice, cruel in its palpable amusement, whispered back to her: "Do my boars frighten you, Poupette?"[break][break]

Once more Elisabeth felt the stare of the crimson eyes that had once lurked in the shadows of her bedchamber, watching as the newly-minted widow knelt over the Emboar's fallen master. Knowing, in the way that only a beast can truly know, that he looked upon the predator that had slain his family and kin.[break][break]

"You have nothing to fear from them, if you do me no harm. And you wouldn't harm me, would you, little Lisa?"[break][break]

Perhaps somewhere, it still roamed for her. Searching with hungry eyes, like a wolf in pursuit of a girl donned in a blood-stained cloak.[break][break]

"You're not that foolish, I hope."[break][break]

A shaky hand reached for one of the Pokeballs at her waist, finally unlatching one. "Aromatherapy," she choked out, the Roselia that manifested at her side immediately releasing the sweet, soothing perfume. Terror abated from Elisabeth, slowly, receding like waves after a heavy storm; now limp, the blonde leaned against Bee despite the perils of that closeness, because the alternative was to fall once more.[break][break]

How could something so pathetic exhaust her so utterly?[break][break]

Petunia had, without her mistress's direct order, already flown ahead into the line of fire. Weaving in and out of the camouflaged environs, the bold Bug-type chittered to lure the Emboar from the Vespiquen, dangling STUN SPORES to slow its advance. To Elisabeth's horror, the Emboar attempted to crush the much lighter creature with HEAT CRASH -- but, blessedly, a jolt of paralysis arrested his movements, long enough for Elisabeth to hurriedly return the Vivillon to her Pokeball.[break][break]

Her tongue fumbled, no explanation for her previous behavior given as Elisabeth attempted to speak to . She felt naked here, to be seen so undone by something ultimately so... worthless.[break][break]

"We have to kill it." There was no mistaking the full weight of her meaning.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 23:48:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Elisabeth's terrified raking of nails across his skin did as one would expect. The shallow slicing of flesh was immediate, as was the blood that welled up in red, haphazard lines all along both his forearms. To keep from yelling out, Barnaby had to bite down hard on his bottom lip, enough to where blood blossomed there, too.

"Ferme ta gueule! Calm down, Elisa!" He whispered fiercely, his tone hard and unsympathetic. Whatever had caused this episode was currently not at the forefront of Barnaby's mind - survival was paramount, his only goal at the moment.

He knew from observing 's Surtur that EMBOAR were not Pokémon to take lightly. They were deadly, given the proper motivation. Motivation like being attacked by an enraged VESPIQUEEN and then accosted by humans at their flank. It was a recipe for disaster.

Barnaby held Elisabeth even tighter as she wailed, petrified, pinning her between the breadth of the tree and himself. An attempt at preventing her from escaping and putting herself in further danger.

Worried that her cries would egg on the attention of the EMBOAR, however, he also brought a hand up to her mouth to muffle her screams. The action was firm and unyielding, leaving no room for her to potentially bite down.

"You need to be quiet." He whispered more gently, soothingly into her ear, even as blood ran down his arms and trickled to the grass below. Slowly, he felt the tension in her body begin to release. Stifled wails turned into shaking breaths.

He loosened his grip in response, removed his hand from her lips, but did not release his hold on her. leaned into him, in need of support not only in the physical sense, it seemed, but it was all Barnaby could offer right now.

"Okay. We will." He agreed without question - because why argue at a moment like this? It did not matter to him either way if the feral hog was killed or captured.

"I can do this alone if you're not up for it, Elisabeth. It's okay to stay here." He made a point to look down at her, both his expression and tone gravely serious.
florges used misty terrain [2/5]

mission: FOR THE SWARM
outfit check

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Weeding Out Pests [M]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 16:11:37 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]"You need to be quiet."[break][break]

Pinned against the tree, a hand pressed hard against her mouth, Elisabeth had no choice but to answer that demand. Being treated roughly was nothing new; in the wake of the sharp panic, as she inhaled the soothing scent of AROMATHERAPY, a peculiar numbness overtook her instead of terror. Only with her shaky exhale did Bee dare release her from his grip.[break][break]

"I can do this alone if you're not up for it, Elisabeth. It's okay to stay here."[break][break]

Blood trickled down Bee's arms as he spoke, slashed open by her nails. Despite this, only the stained fabric of his clothes reflected the severity of the wounds; Bee continued speaking calmly, as if nothing had inconvenienced him in the slightest. Then closer inspection revealed the red droplets welling on his lip, evidence that this silence on his part had been hard-won.[break][break]

Would Elisabeth have reacted the same way as him if their positions were reversed? Without a doubt, and been sorely irate with her partner for putting her in danger. Yet the glare of Bee's cobalt eyes did not seem irritated -- severe, yes, but not exactly angered.[break][break]

Though her actions had warranted anger. Elisabeth could have killed them both, intentionally or no.[break][break]

When will the memory of that man and his boars stop trying to kill me.[break][break]

Fear, as it eventually always did, slowly churned into a well of indignant fury. "Let me make it up to you," Elisabeth said instead, her crystal blue eyes meeting Bee's as she withdrew her Roselia, only to release another Pokeball. This time, it was one Bee had not seen before -- a harsh light revealed her scuttling Toxapex, her eyes reflecting her mistress's silent disdain for the Emboar lumbering through the rosy expanse.[break][break]

"Cirsium," she said, her voice now as brittle and flat as glass as she pulled away from Bee, "LIQUIDATION. Now."[break][break]

Letting out a low hiss, the spiky Pokemon leapt forward towards the shadowy boar, striking it in a torrent of water and scrabbling claws.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES