Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 5:14:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
On this quiet weekend Barnaby found himself at one of his secret hideaways within Mauville proper. It was a lesser-known park tucked away in the corner of the city. He enjoyed coming here on his days off... the few that were available to him, anyway, considering his HNN and ROCKET obligations.

The space was a perfect little grove to relax and recuperate from a hectic week, complete with a tree-lined lawn and koi pond. After scoping out a spot, a quilted blanket for him to rest on was placed down beneath a particularly large tree. Here he laid, surrounded by his most precious Pokémon - all four of his NINETALES, showcasing both typical and shiny coloration.

Barnaby looked to the sky as he relaxed, contemplating everything and nothing all at once. Sunlight filtered through the swaying branches above, casting a pleasant warmth onto his skin. He breathed in, he breathed out. If he wasn't careful, he might just start to nod off.
close tab

played by

Evan

pace :3
he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 17:42:12 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]
[attr="class","parigidw"]

Poor Magikarp...[break][break]

Delicious, helpless, and forever haunted by the fact that they have the potential to be something powerful and great - yet they may never make it that far with how fat and juicy they were to the piscivores of the pokémon world.[break][break]

There were a few fountains and ponds in urban spaces where wild pokémon would usually turn to leftovers from restaurants instead, where little Magikarp schools thrived. According to his report, one of these aforementioned Karp-safe spaces had been infiltrated. Arriving at the scene, decked out in his handsome uniform as always and with Piankh at his side, Pace headed to the pond to investigate.[break][break]

One of those more tucked away areas, where the usual Mauville crowds were less oppressive, Pace couldn't help but be drawn to the figure of a handsome man relaxing in a cwtch of Ninetales. He was on the job, but it was hard to concentrate on looking for chomped-up fish when there were hot dudes around... maybe he could combine the best of both worlds. This handsome dude could be a key witness![break][break]

"Excuse me, sorry to interrupt your me-time" Pace moves over, blocking a particularly warm bean of light that had dappled through the tree above, and looks down with eyes so gold they could take over from the sunrays.[break][break]

"Pace Mahmoud, I'm a ranger. Would you mind if I asked you some questions? Purely for business, of course" He chuckles. The Dragonair behind him practically rolls his eyes.

[attr="class","parigidtag"]

[attr="class","parigidnotes"]

notes.

[break]+ mission - pesky pescatarian

[attr="class","parigidpokes"]

[newclass=.parigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid b] color: #ffb833; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #ffb833; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #ffb833; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffb833; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d19b34; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 4:12:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The NINETALES surrounding him collectively lifted their heads, curious of the approaching stranger. Although their body language gave no signs of aggression, just the pure size and presence of the foxes was intimidating to most. It kept the riffraff at bay when all Barnaby wanted to do was enjoy much-need alone time.

Except this man. He had the gall to walk over, close enough to block out the speckled sunbeams overhead. With a sigh, the journalist righted himself and positioned his body so that it leaned against the trunk of the nearby tree.

"Barnaby Finch." He greeted evenly, his cobalt blue eyes looking up to meet Pace's golden gaze. Hmm. He did have a handsome physique, a cute face. Maybe this wasn't such an unwanted disruption after all.

"What can I help you with, Ranger Mahmoud?"

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 14:50:23 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

Pace had imagined that, while the Ninetales seemed calm enough, they where big and fancy enough to frighten off most annoying would-be conversationalists. Luckily for Pace - and perhaps unluckily for Barnaby - this annoying conversationalist was not deterred by the gaggle of foxes. Though they were very well-kept, and Pace did somewhat want to pet them. But no! He was on duty![break][break]

"Do you come here often?" As flirty as it seems, it's kind of a necessary question. "If so... do you pay attention to the Magikarp pond? Noticed anything strange, maybe some pokémon hanging around? Had reports of them getting eaten"

notes.

[newclass=.parigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid b] color: #ffb833; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #ffb833; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #ffb833; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffb833; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.parigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #ffb833; [/newclass]

[newclass=.parigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d19b34; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 16:47:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I do, actually." A dual answer in response to how often he visited the park and if he kept tabs on the MAGIKARP pond just a little ways away from them. Speaking of which, Barnaby realized that he hadn't walked by the water just yet to check on the koi Pokémon.

"Eaten? I haven't see anything, but..." Barnaby leaned his body to the side, attempting to look around the ranger and view the pond from his current vantage point (although this was difficult given Pace's wide shoulders and broad chest).

"... actually, wait, what's that?" He questioned with an outstretched hand, pointing, while his eyebrows began to furrow in concern. There was something glinting in the sunlight on the sandy bank of the pond.

With an inward sigh, Barnaby resigned himself to help; his respite was over, for now. Standing upright, he brushed his pants of any wayward leaves and dirt, folded his blanket and returned it to his satchel, and then began striding forward toward the mystery object. Whether Pace followed or not was of no consequence to the journalist.

close tab

played by

Evan

he/him
november 23rd
mistralton, unova
bi
ranger
cadet
satashriq alshams ghadan
awards
119 posts
Pace Mahmoud DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pace
Pace Mahmoud
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2022 20:18:19 GMT
Pace Mahmoud Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","parigid"]

The young man shuffles a little to peer around Pace, and while he expects Barnaby to be sad at the eaten fish and not much else, he does in fact begin to point at something.[break][break]

"What's what?" Pace asks, spinning to follow Bee's finger and cock his head a little as his gaze scans over the area surrounding the pond. Just there, he noticed as a ray of sun trickled over it, something glinted - just faintly enough to be easily missed earlier, but in the few minutes they'd been chatting the sun had changed it's position and caught off the little clue perfectly.[break][break]

"Well, damn" Pace laughs as his partner for the mini-mystery clocks in officially, rising from his blanket and heading out to investigate. He followed indeed, more than happy to let the handsome man walk in front - why waste a perfectly good view, after all? - and arrived at the rim of the pond.[break][break]

"Lucky me, having a gorgeous assistant for the day, huh?" Pace chuckles, leaning against a low wall as Piankh settles herself against his leg. "Anything interesting?"

notes.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 0:22:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Evidence that you weren’t just making something up to talk to this ‘gorgeous’ assistant.” A whisper of a smirk pulled at Barnaby's lips as he spoke over his shoulder at . He watched as the man settled against a low retaining wall, the quartet of NINETALES sitting just a few feet behind, before gesturing to the item on the ground. Well, not really an item, but a carcass.

A shame, though. This one was quite an exquisite Magikarp.” Although it seemed a recent kill, all that was left of the corpse was the head and part of the upper body. Everything below the pectoral fin was ominously missing. Still, from what still remained it was evident that the fish had had elegantly intricate patterns. Marbled oranges and reds and black swirled in white.

Oh, look there. Some tracks.” Barnaby pointed to what he thought might be pawprints in the sand along the shore of the pond. His smirk widened as he remarked, “Show me your skills, Ranger Mahmoud. What Pokémon leaves these sorts of tracks?
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 2:02:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby had become so preoccupied with the chase that he didn't even realize he'd left the Ranger behind by the pond. The tiny footprints enthralled him - as well as his group of foxes. They trailed behind him, snouts to the ground, ears pinned forward, eyes alert.

Whatever had massacred the MAGIKARP, they would find it.

It didn't take long for the tracks to lead to a more secluded side of the park, where the trees had been allowed to grow together. The undergrowth was thicker here, pervaded in shadow and an innumerable amount of hiding spaces for a sneaky pescatarian.

"Go." Barnaby ordered, pointing to the grove ahead.

The four NINETALES leapt forward and, after only a moment or two, flushed out a howling creature. He couldn't make out exactly what it was until - WOOSH!

A LINOONE bolted out.

It barely cleared the periphery of the wood, however, before Barnaby's foxes were on it. They didn't kill the thing, only weakened it enough to be captured.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
HOOK, LINE, & SINKER [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 22:03:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: