awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
two rich kids burning a kitchen down [m/ac]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 0:35:14 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Who's idea was it to make these chocolates and candies from scratch? Especially after having several drinks and smoking a little bit to loosen up?

Well, it's the rich kid duo, coming at you once again from 's yacht. Summer leaned against the counter, looking over a recipe with a glass of wine in her hand. She scoffed, wrinkling her nose as she read over the instructions once more.

"What does it mean, 'temper the chocolate?' That is not an easy, clear term. This said it was a recipe for beginners," she said with a huff, sipping from the glass.

Her pale hair was pulled back, a rarity for her. She turned, the high ponytail flipping over her shoulder as she looked at Mars.

"Are you having any luck deciphering your code?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 4:10:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Martín del Mar is no baker, nor does he care to learn such a skill, but admittedly, after the day they had and after hours of indulging in one too many glasses of champagne (and later some much stronger things), certain cravings were to be expected…
[break][break]
Like chocolate. Tempered.
[break][break]
”No idea, but I always see it mentioned. Oh! Sec.” He reaches into his pocket, retrieving his phone, and after quickly typing ’temper chocolate’, he reads out the first result he finds:
[break][break]
”Ehem!…Proper “tempering”– heating and cooling chocolate to stabilise it for making candies and confections – gives chocolate a smooth and glossy finish, keeps it from easily melting on your fingers, and allows it to set up beautifully for dipped and chocolate-covered treats… Okay, so, how the fuck do we do that…”
[break][break]
All he can find is something about temperatures and heat and blah blah blah… It sounds like too much work, so Mars sighs and puts his phone away, looking at Summer.
[break][break]
”Bet it’ll be fine if we just melt it.”
[break][break]
Basically the same, right?

[attr="class","marswttag"]

[attr="class","marswtpokes"]

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 2:52:59 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
When Mars began to read out the search result he found, Summer found herself beginning to pay attention to what he was saying less and less. Instead, her lips were attached to the glass, savoring her who knew how many this one was... glass.

"That's what I was saying. They said that we had to make some treats and give us a whole code."

Summer looked back to him, meeting his gaze with mischief as she heard his suggestion.

"I like that. I like that thought a lot."

She sat up from where she had been leaning, taking the candies they were given and putting the bowl over one of the eyes of the oven. Her hand fiddled with one of the dials, turning the heat up.

Coming to sit on the counter beside him, Summer tilted her head.

"Now what?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 3:55:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Now, see, Mars may be no baker, and he may not even spend a lot of time in kitchens, but he has had enough experiences concerning the art of cooking (which have mostly centred around watching other people cook) to know that you definitely don’t just put bowls directly on a stove’s burner.
[break][break]
However (and this is the important part), he has had quite a lot to drink at this point, and such being the case, in the state he finds himself in, ’s actions appear perfectly natural to him. He doesn’t even question it. Thus, his response:
[break][break]
”Great! Okay, so…” His attention turns to the recipe, which had also been provided by ever-trusty Google. ”It says that if we wanna add any filling we should prepare it, and it gives some options. Do we want, like… Almonds and stuff? … Fuck, you know which chocolates are great? Cherry cordials. I’d kill for some of those right now.”
[break][break]
Not literally, of course. He’s not that drunk.

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #60a697; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 21:51:56 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer finished off the last of her wine as he spoke, not quite paying attention as she looked for more. She reached for the bottle, pulling it closer and filling it up once again.

"That sounds like a lot of work," she said lazily, crossing her legs as she lounged on the counter.

Summer raised her brows, looking at him expectantly.

"Do you know how to make them? It doesn't hurt to try, I suppose," she claimed with a sip from her glass.

"Ugh. What's that smell?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 15:27:11 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”Woah, hey, I just said I like them. Why would I waste my time making chocolates when I can buy them?” He winks at her, swirling his glass of wine, and drunk as Mars may be, he’s well aware that his comment goes against the current situation they’re in. Still, it’s true. If he cared about making chocolate, he would know what the hell they’re supposed to do.
[break][break]
And while lack of knowledge would usually frustrate him to no end, in the state he’s in, he chuckles about it, managing to take a long sip before Summer’s question to the unpleasant scent that suddenly fills the yacht’s kitchen.
[break][break]
”Shit! Summer! The chocolates!”
[break][break]
Bubbling and burning, noxious smoke is released by the bowl’s contents, and more than just that, it’s as if the bowl itself is being burned…

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 2:58:13 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
"Why aren't we doing that in the first place? Who's idea was this again...?"

Summer looked at her glass of wine, clearly too far in to remember clearly what the terms had been when they decided to take on this project for team Rocket. She shrugged and drank some more.

"We can always order some and have it specially shipped to the yacht. A snack while this shit cooks, right?"

As she was speaking, Mars cried about about the melting bowl on the stove, as well as the burning chocolate inside it. Summer turned her head, raising her eyebrows. She slipped off from where she was sitting and turned off the heat, tapping her chin.

"That's a problem..." she said before snapping a picture of the melting bowl.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 3:20:02 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Whose idea had this been?
[break][break]
Obviously, if asked, Mars would argue that it hadn’t been his, because it simply doesn’t sound like the sort of thing he would care much to do – especially with how annoyed he’s about it at the moment. But, in truth, it’s all too likely that he would have found it funny while a few drinks in, and the same could be said about Summer.
[break][break]
Either of them could be responsible for this mess.
[break][break]
Or, is it perhaps that they’re both to be blamed?
[break][break]
”Arceus… Are those even edible anymore?” He stands too, peeking over her shoulder at the burnt and bubbling bowl in question. Mars may be really fond of and even care for her, but he’s not above using her as a meat shield if the bowl were to explode or something…
[break][break]
Precautions are important, you know?
[break][break]
”...Maybe we should order chocolates after all.”
[break][break]
At this point, he can’t help but laugh about it all.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON May 3, 2022 15:39:21 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Of course, Summer wouldn't blame herself for this idea. But, in the end, it was probably a terrible idea to get drunk and use the stove when neither of them were adept at using a stove in the first place.

Rich kid problems...

Summer made an exasperated sound as Mars came to hide behind her, looking at him with daggers in her piercing red gaze. However, she looked back at the chocolates, approaching them slowly like that one scene in Jurassic Park.

"I don't think so. They smell bad too."

Picking up a spatula, she began to try to move the mixture. It was firm, stuck onto the bowl like it was glued on in some way. What they had done to do this, she wasn't sure.

"I guess so. Order extra, I want some with my wine."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 2:57:27 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Perhaps this should be taken as some sort of sign. The revelation that, at his twenty-seven years of age, Mars should at least try to acquire some basic cooking skills because it might be helpful someday. Today is one of those days.
[break][break]
If it’s a sign, however, its wholly ignored by the banker, and not even as he looks at the abomination they had made does Mars consider potentially attempting to improve his abilities as a confectioner.
[break][break]
Fuck that, he’ll just use his money instead. As gods intended!
[break][break]
”Sure, I’ll order a few different ones, though we’ll have to dock if we want to get them soon.” Stepping away from the stove, Mars reaches for his phone in order to give instructions to the crew and then look for some chocolates, then turning his attention back to Summer. ”Want to do anything meanwhile? We can watch a movie or something.”

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 14:28:35 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
If it was a sign for , then it was definitely a sign for as well. But, likewise, she would ignore the call and allow herself to have private cooks and chefs work for her.

When you had the money to spend, you might as well spend it, she thought. She had a decent savings to her name, as an heiress and rich girl. Why cook?

"That's fine. We could step off the boat and take a nice breather before coming back on or something," she suggested, giving up on her attempt to scrape the burnt chocolate out of the bowl.

It clattered into the awaiting sink, the cooks employed on Mars's yacht definitely wincing as they heard it. They were probably anxiously awaiting to see the clean up that awaited them, as well as the damage control they had to do.

"You got any of that good stuff? You know, the stuff that relaxes you really well and makes you feel like you're floating..."

Summer couldn't quite pinpoint it because of her intoxication, but she giggled all the same.

"We could go swimming. Double float."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:46:18 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

"You got any of that good stuff? You know, the stuff that relaxes you really well and makes you feel like you're floating..."

[break]
To be honest, in the state he’s in, it also takes him a moment. He visibly narrows his eyes when looking at her, as if he were judging if has gone insane or something. It sure sounds like it at first… until it all clicks.
[break][break]
”Ooooh!” There’s a laugh, melodious, honest, and unabashed. ”Yeah, of course I do! Please, Summer, who do you take me for?”
[break][break]
This is a yacht mostly used for recreation, after all, and while Mars may be a workaholic businessman, he sure knows how to have a good time. Maybe he should throw a party, it’s been a while…
[break][break]
”Swim… Hmm.. What about the hot tub?” At this, he grins.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:33:10 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Mars's silence brought Summer down a peg, a sigh leaving her lips as she rolled her shoulders tiredly. However, as she opened her mouth to attempt to elaborate, it seemed to ring with him what she meant.

"I knew I could trust you, del Mar. My savior," she said with a small giggle, hiding her mouth with a hand.

Hot tub... that sounded nice. She could definitely float in a hot tub, right?

Right?

"Hot tub it is. Let's go, let's go," Summer chirped, grabbing at his arm to drag him anywhere but out of the kitchen.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 4:36:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: