TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Where the wild thyme blows [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 8:05:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Tales of myth and tales of men, hm? But, what are we, , if not myths in the making?” As usual, he teases, and as usual, there’s a certain amount of truth to his words. For, a man who names himself after an ancient deity from a faraway land surely must believe himself to be someone capable of belonging in the annals of time – of not being consigned to oblivion. How ironic, since there isn’t much hates more than feeling as if he’s oblivious.
[break][break]
”Legend says that a Spectrier once ruled over the Crown Tundra, but that once humans invaded its territory and took its title of lord, it brought terror upon the place over which it once ruled.” The words are spoken calmly, and as if agreeing with them, the proud stallion huffs – although that might be in response to the presence of a nearby Fomantis. ”As for tales of men… Do you happen to know ?”
[break][break]
The Fomantis approaches Spectrier then, reaching up as if wanting to brush his mane with its scythe-like arms. Mars pets the horse’s side, and as if responding to a conversation where there are no words, Spectrier leans down for the Fomantis, allowing it the small gesture. Is the steed perhaps fond of small wood-dwelling creatures?
[break][break]
The admin entertains the thought as he watches the interaction, smiling at the sight and offering Elisabeth the Luxury Ball containing the Koffing. ”Your Deerling… I’m glad to hear it’s doing well. You take good care of your pokémon, Elisabeth.” He nods towards the Goodra as if it were proof of this, and it’s only then that his attention returns to the Fomantis. ”I actually happen to have a Lurantis. Amusingly enough, her name is Eurydice... I wonder what I should name this one.”
[break][break]
Dryads. How fitting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
Catching/Befriending FOMANTIS ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 0:08:06 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

+Poison/Bug/Grass[break]
+Duo Wild![break]
+Catching VESPIQUEN![break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Dragons and Noble Steeds

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

"My, my, Martín," Elisabeth said, letting out a low laugh, "I am but a lowly Petalburg florist. What a dull myth I'd make for, hm?" The smile she flashed at him behind her was devilish, amused, before it brought her face to face with his amber eyes. And with the closeness they had on the steed they shared.[break][break]

A discomfort settled in her, raw and sudden, and Elisabeth turned away before too much of it could be glimpsed on her face.[break][break]

"Isn't that always like men, though?" the blonde commented blithely as Mars completed his tale. "Taking things that don't belong to them, and then being shocked at the consequences. Poor noble creature, to be run out of his own home."[break][break]

As if forgetting the sheer power and might of the steed beneath her, Elisabeth caressed Arion's mane with her fingertips, as she might pet her Deerling, Peaseblossom, in her garden. "Perhaps Agriope," she suggested idly. "They can be sisters, the two of them. My own Lurantis is called Calanthe, as it happens."[break][break]

The mention of one arrested her hand, and she was grateful that the surprise evident in her expression went unseen. "Izzy? Yes. I consider him a friend, as it happens." Was it wise or unwise to share that aspect of herself with the Rocket admin? She wasn't sure, in truth. Then again, if a man as powerful as Mars wanted to know something, surely he could find a means of learning it himself. Better to be the source, the florist reasoned, and trusted for sharing in the knowing.[break][break]

After all, Elisabeth knew too well what being 'caught' with secrets could be like, in the wrong man's snare.[break][break]

So dark was the thought that the brightness of the compliment Mars gave her startled her from her reverie. "I owe so much of myself to my Pokemon," Elisabeth said in answer. The words were honest, simple and straightforward in their truth. "They deserve the best of me. It is a rare kind of love you can form with them, unconditional and pure."[break][break]

Speaking of her children. Her Goodra sniffed at a nearby Vespiquen, irritating the noble Bug-type Pokemon into SLASHing at the nosy Dragon. Harrumphing indignantly, Dewdrop retorted with an IRON TAIL, batting it from the skies and straight into yet another one of Elisabeth's Pokeballs.[break][break]

The whole encounter was rather brutal in the wake of such touching sentiment, and Elisabeth laughed. "If only it wasn't such a violent act to lure them to working at one's side, hm?"

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 19:56:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MORELULL APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ILLUMINATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MOONLIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MOONBLAST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRENGTH SAP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PARASECT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EFFECT SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CROSS POISON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH LIFE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 4:20:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

She turns to face him, a beautiful smile being worn as if the mark of her amusement, and the moment her gaze meets his, something changes, and she looks forward once again. Is she uncomfortable with their situation? Is she upset?
[break][break]
”I doubt ’lowly’ is a word people often use to describe a woman like you, Elisabeth, and as a florist surely you must know that it is often the most overlooked things in the world that are actually the most enchanting.” It’s just as he says this, almost as if the world were agreeing with him, that they pass near a patch of wildflowers, and Mars smiles at the sight holding onto the steed’s reins.
[break][break]
”Do you feel sympathy for it? The Spectrier in the story?” One which surely isn’t his own Arion, but whose spirit perhaps in some ways resides within the prideful stallion. ”You’re friends with ? Hmm… An unlikely pair, but that’s rather sweet. He seems like the sort of person who could use a good friend or two.”
[break][break]
Whatever Mars may mean by this, he doesn’t explain, for his attention returns to the Fomantis that finds herself becoming the target of a surprisingly-aggressive Morellul. It attempts to summon a MOONBLAST to fall upon her, but the Grass type is quick to retaliate before Arion even needs to intervene in this short battle.
[break][break]
”Ha. I think I like Agriope, you’re right. Savage face. How fitting.”
[break][break]
Coincidentally, Elisabeth’s next comment reminds Mars of a conversation he had with no other than , where the grunt mentioned how he’d always choose the comfort of his pokémon over his own because he doesn’t wish for them to leave his side. It’s not something the admin agrees with, for in his opinion there are better ways to do this than sacrificing one’s own comfort, but he can agree with treating one’s pokémon as they deserve – especially when they do well.
[break][break]
”Fair enough, although violence is often the way of nature, and it is also often what we ask of them.”
[break][break]
Especially when working for Team Rocket.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
Catching MORELLUL ♡

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 21:25:55 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

+Poison/Bug/Grass[break]
+Duo Wild![break]
+Catching PARASECT![break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Dragons and Noble Steeds

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

Elisabeth neither named her discomfort aloud nor dwelled on it long enough to pinpoint its origin. Looking ahead allowed for the blonde to pretend their proximity was greater apart, shields lifted with formalities and the layers of poetic allusion.[break][break]

Men were fine enough, so long as you didn't let them get too close. Thorns, petals, etc.[break][break]

"I suppose I do. Pity him, that is," she said at length. "Anyone who has lost their home would feel empathy for the Spectrier in the story. Why should he leave his home, simply because another believes they can better rule?"[break][break]

It was a silly thought -- her late husband the invader, her lost home the kingdom vanquished -- but silly thoughts and stories often came to her mind unbidden. A trite analogy, one lacking many key pieces and components to be understood in its entirety.[break][break]

Speaking of, the 'sweetness' of her friendship with heralded a faint sense of embarrassment that Elisabeth stamped down with all her might. "He was a client," she said, as if this explained it. Hadn't Elisabeth herself called him a friend just minutes prior? What pretense was she hiding from Mars, precisely? "He's a good listener," she then relented. [break][break]

Friendships were weaknesses and luxuries. Both were risky things to possess, much less admit to, in criminal work.[break][break]

She shrugged off the thought, eyeing instead the Parasect that came into view. Oho. She'd been meaning to add one to her collection. "Dewdrop," she said, her voice gaining an almost regal edge, "DRAGON PULSE, now." Whatever might be said for the derpy dragon, she was an obedient creature. The Parasect had barely any time to react before it found itself in Elisabeth's Pokeball.[break][break]

"I have always believed Mother Nature was the first monster. You have only to look at the world we live in to see her fury in motion. Floods. Earthquakes. Fires. Even venomous flowers. She is not a gentle deity."[break][break]

Perhaps that's why Elisabeth worshipped at her altar.

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 3:09:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ANORITH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LEAVANNY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAF STORM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 3:35:35 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

’s words, while most definitely unintentionally so, have an effect on Mars, for they cause the rising of memories that he’d much rather leave to exist in the deepest depths of his mind. Thoughts of the home he had once lost; of the child who had been forced to watch the death of his father only to then be dragged out of their home and taken to a place unlike everything he knew.
[break][break]
Neither his expression nor his tone betray him, revealing nothing of the painful thoughts that dwell in his mind, but he agrees with Elisabeth all the same, his answer being spoken in an all too calm way:
[break][break]
”You’re right. No one wants to lose what they call theirs, especially not by force and because of the greed of another.” At these, he smiles faintly, for the statement could be considered rather ironic when being spoken by a banker who also happens to be a criminal. ”I wonder if that’s how the people of Sootopolis feel.”
[break][break]
Some of them, certainly.
[break][break]
It’s then that their conversation finds itself interrupted by the presence of a Leavanny, but before Mars can even say anything about it, Arion and Lethe deal with the problem. First, the Inkay puts the wild pokémon to sleep with HYPNOSIS, only for Arion to then HEX it.
[break][break]
”Good teamwork.” Mars praises while throwing a Luxury Ball, his attention then returning to the topic of conversation. ”Don’t worry, by the way. It’s fine if you’re friends… was the person who first met Arion. He brought him to me.”
[break][break]
It’s a simplified explanation of those events, but an honest one nevertheless.
[break][break]
”True indeed, although perhaps gentleness and brutality are not mutually exclusive things. ’Never confuse a woman’s meekness for weakness’, and so on. It's admirable, really.”

[break][break]

notes

[break]
Catching LEAVANNY ♡

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 21:58:09 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]

"Possibly. Though I cannot say the rest of Hoenn is benefitting all that much from the Council's rule. Some of Sootopolis might even find the change in regime refreshing, given recent events." A wry smirk tugged at her lips as she shook her head. "Reading the news can be... amusing. And drive even the most severe ascetic to drink."

The Spectrier continued to trot along as the Leavanny was swiftly captured by her companion, and Elisabeth mulled over his words in silence. "Do you think so? Sometimes I feel that his friendship is more a kindness to me, than the other way around," Elisabeth admitted, before pausing and lifting an eyebrow at the suggestion of an 'unlikely pair'. "Does that seem so surprising?" Did Mars think her a snob, perhaps?

Come to think of it, was a rather well connected person, wasn't he? First , now . For such an unassuming person, he certainly knew several higher ranked members of the Rocket organization. Her heart fell somewhat at the realisation; it implied his hands were dirtier than she had wanted to believe.

Although so were hers, weren't they?

It was Mars's last words, however, that arrested her attention once more, this time drawing forth a sudden laugh from her lips. "Do you think me meek, Martín?" she questioned, her hand gesturing her Goodra to dispatch the nearby Anorith scuttling in the grass. An AQUA TAIL devastated the Rock-type, making for yet another capture to add to her daily quota.

It was a jest, yes, but also an earnest inquiry. Mars was difficult to read, in that way. Elisabeth couldn't determine what, exactly, he thought of her.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bugs/Poison/Grass ✿ Catching Anorith! ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 4:45:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKORUPI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FELL STINGER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COTTONEE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COTTON SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEECH SEED

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 4:28:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”I’d admit that it’s amusing, especially given how they spin certain things.” Perhaps due to recent events, mention of the news brings thoughts of , leaving Mars to wonder if Elisabeth’s comment regarding being driven to drink has to do with the media’s spin on her own life experiences (or the things they claim she has experienced). If that’s the case, he truly wouldn’t blame her for it.
[break][break]
Mars could ask about such things, of course, but he sees no need or benefit in adding a potential sour note to this horse ride of theirs, and as the sound of Arion’s hooves meeting the ground rises above all else, the banker finds himself noticing how the spectral stallion seems to barely react to the mention of the young man who had apparently lured him to Mt. Pyre with shaderoot carrots. Then again, it’s likely Arion simply doesn’t recognize his name, since Mars knows well that he is indeed fond of .
[break][break]
”I would say no friendship is one-sided. All parties must benefit from it in some way for them to seek such a relationship, no?” It’s a rather cold way to put it, spoken by the businessman in him rather than by the romantic, yet his words are true all the same: a relationship in which someone only gives and gets nothing in return is one doomed to crash and burn. Mars knows that all too well.
[break][break]
The sight of a Cottonee floating nearby calls his attention then, and although Mars had mostly been letting his pokémon do as they wished until this point, this time, he makes two clicking noises with his tongue, commanding his Inkay forward without a word. Lethe has no hesitation when it comes to engaging in combat with the Cotton Puff Pokémon, and while watching them, Elisabeth’s question causes him to chuckle, still holding tightly onto the reins from behind her.
[break][break]
”No, I think you’re smart enough to know when acting meek is to your benefit, Elisabeth. And, I also think you’re the sort of person who thrives in being underestimated. ” From what he knows of her life experiences, he would call that a thrive born out of a need to survive, for women in the position she had been in have been underestimated countless times throughout humanity’s history. That much Mars keeps to himself, naturally. ”Does it bother you that I don’t underestimate you?”
[break][break]
That is his own policy, also born out of a need to survive: never underestimate the things people are capable of, always expect the worst from everyone.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
Catching COTTONEE ♡

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 5:40:14 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]

Perhaps in all of Hoenn, only and knew how true 's unspoken assumptions were; the press had descended upon the carcass of Elisabeth's marriage with naked glee, picking it clean until every bone glistened in the blinding shine of media coverage. The scars left by journalist's pens had started earlier, however: dissecting the mental state of a much younger Elisabeth Bortiforte in a single, regrettable moment of weakness.

The roots of her distrust ran deep.

It was possible that had Mars asked her of such topics, she might have divulged. There was something about the man that made Elisabeth feel secrets were either impossible, or unwise, to keep from him. She couldn't determine if it was Mars's rank over her that made her feel such a way, or the sheer charisma emanating from the man himself.

"Oh? I am not especially versed in friendship," she replied, falling silent for a moment as the Spectrier continued onward. The transactional nature that Mars described matched her own views, however, towards most relationships -- particular those of a romantic or sexual nature. Friendships felt more enigmatic, oddly enough. What did she gain from spending time with and , for example, if only the pleasure of their time?

Was that truly all the transaction she needed? And was that all they expected of her in return? Hm.

Thus distracted in her thoughts, the blonde barely saw the Skorupi scuttling towards the Spectrier until the horse's hooves lifted to stamp in warning. A quick jerk of her head set her Goodra towards the Bug-type with IRON TAIL, shooing the scorpion out of the imposing stallion's way.

"I hadn't expected an assessment as part of my outing today, Martín." The light cloaking of humour blunted the sly surprise and pleasure alike that came with his observation as she offered him a brief glance. "No, I don't mind," she decided at last, her own grip on the reins tightening. "I didn't join Rocket to fester in the bottom rungs of the organisation forever. It isn't my way, however, to posture and boast my way forward. I prefer to be noticed for what I do, nothing more and nothing less."

Her ambitions laid bare, Elisabeth shrugged, as if to suggest they were nothing special or worth commenting on. And in many ways, they weren't. Every member of Rocket wished to climb the social ladder, and to attain some semblance of power as a result. Else why join at all? "Those in pursuit of power, however, can feel threatened very easily," she conceded. "So yes. Meekness can be wise, when the opportunity calls for it. I have no interest in wounding egos needlessly."

This time, she turned the focus to her companion, asking: "And you? How do you survive the social dance that is the game of power and politics?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bugs/Poison/Grass ✿ Catching Skorupi! ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 9:06:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLAPPLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUSTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID SPRAY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WING ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PINECO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIKES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SELF DESTRUCT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAPID SPIN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 16:30:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

With a gentleness that exists in stark contrast to the aggression of its attacks, the little Inkay reaches for the thrown Luxury Ball once the Cottonee has been captured. Tentacles wrap around the dark sphere, their suction cups making it so terribly easy for Lethe to pick it up and deliver it to its trainer.
[break][break]
”Thank you, Lethe.” The Inkay is thrilled by Mars’ gratitude, twirling in the air before returning to dutifully floating by the side of the Spectrier. While watching it, the banker listens to the way speaks of her own ambitions, a slight smirk tugging at his lips when hearing her admittance of its existence. Ambition is good. Ambition is motivation, drive, for goals are often what push people to be useful and work hard. Most importantly, being aware of someone’s ambitions is valuable knowledge to a man like Mars.
[break][break]
He makes a mental note on it, all while looking at their surroundings.
[break][break]
”I agree. Although, I would also argue that your demeanour is among the actions for which you can be noticed.”
[break][break]
He has noticed, as their conversation makes clear, but Mars doesn’t bother with saying as much at the time. A Pineco hanging from a tree catches his attention, and once more, it’s the Inkay that’s sent out to deal with the wild pokémon. It takes Lethe a moment to weaken the bug enough for a Luxury Ball to be thrown, and with this action taken, Mars looks at Elisabeth once more.
[break][break]
His gaze meets hers this time, and although his expression reveals little of what goes on in his mind, it's for a short moment that Mars considers the question asked.
[break][break]
”Oh. I don’t survive.” It’s said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, and if this were anyone else speaking, what follows could be taken as a joke or the senseless words of someone with an overinflated ego. And, yes, the admin has quite the ego indeed, but in his tone, in his amber gaze, in the way he smirks, there’s something that rings of unquestionable truth – of confidence and belief. ”I conquer.”
[break][break]
Mars, aptly named after the Lord of Wars, a man who lives every aspect of his life as if it were a battle to be won.

[break][break]

notes

[break]
Catching PINECO ♡

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 17:58:05 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]

The Flapple that winged past was set upon by the Goodra's DRAGON PULSE with no goading from her mistress, who instead listened to in silence as she weighed his simple answer against her own: "I conquer."

"...I envy that."

The bitter truth of the admission lingered as Elisabeth turned her gaze forward once more, something in her posture growing taut and rigid, like a pulled string of barbed wire.

Power -- true power -- eluded her, always. Had Elisabeth chosen to keep her late husband's title, land, and corporation, even the power granted by Bortiforte Industries would be hollow in nature. Stakeholders would have rioted; her own ignorance in the technical field of security and asset management would have been wielded against her; all of Kalos would have waited eagerly for her downfall, writing scathing articles that assumed her failure even before it became reality.

No, Elisabeth had to set fire to that false dream before it threatened to swallow her like Icarus: scorched in the flames and ash of a fool's ambition.

Had she power as a countess? Hah. Her late mother-in-law had ensured not, and by the time that woman was dead, Elisabeth's own sanity had been discredited into oblivion.

The only power she had seized was that of survival, in the end. To kill or be killed. To join the monsters before the monsters devoured you.

Rocket was its own cage, but one Elisabeth had chosen willingly, biding her time until she could become a bird entrusted with flying in the higher echelons of the organisation.

"There is a magnetism that comes with being powerful, something... I have never managed to grasp, for myself." The self-assessment was quiet, almost meditative as Elisabeth murmured it aloud. And although she did not mean to speak of her romantic life to specifically, there are echoes of it that ring eerily true in her mind: you are always drawn towards men with too much power and influence over you, like a moth desperate to be engulfed in flame.

And hadn't she already been burned, as the scar tissue on her left leg silently reminded her?

Was it some strange, childish notion -- that perhaps if you existed enough among those with power, you would discover a shred of it for yourself? Surely the opposite was true, Elisabeth thought with wry self-criticism: that the more time spent in the company of those weaker than yourself, the greater your own power and influence became.

How many of my own defenses are wired with such self-sabotage?

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bugs/Poison/Grass ✿ Catching Flapple! ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 22:37:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GULPIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIQUID OOZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWALLOW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD THWACKEY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERGROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRANCH POKE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]