TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Where the wild thyme blows [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 1:22:04 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

He hadn’t expected her to admit to powerlessness, but it often seems as if is a woman who is fond of defying the expectations people have of her. Perhaps that’s the real reason why Mars enjoys her company so much, because in many ways, he is much the same…
[break][break]
”There was a time when I felt that way too… Powerless. Mars’ tone is calm as ever, but if only just so slightly, his grip on the reins tightens then – the Spectrier’s own pace slowing as if sensing a change. ”When I was younger I spent years living by the will of someone who took everything from me… Back then I thought surviving was enough; that as long as I stayed alive, that was all that mattered. I was wrong about that.
[break][break]
Why is it that he’s telling her these things so few know about him? Is it because she reminds him of himself? Because he wants her to understand him? Because he wants to help? Because he knows about her past and how much they may actually share?
[break][break]
Mars doesn’t dwell on it, not even as Arion pauses at the sight of a Thwackey watching them from a tree, nor as the Inkey perches itself on his shoulder.
[break][break]
”Back then I decided I wanted to live a life where no one could decide anything for me. A life where I have control, power, and above all else, freedom. A life he has only obtained to a certain degree. That battle is still being fought to this day; the plans are still in motion. Soon. Soon no one will rule him. ”...But even back then I knew that when you want power, you have to be willing to fight for it. You have to be capable of taking it from others. It’s a conquest… You need to choose your weapons carefully, and you need to hone them until they’re better than anyone else’s. That’s how you win. That’s how you conquer.”
[break][break]
Weapons. To a man who sees life as a war to be won, there’s so much that could be considered part of the arsenal he has carefully built to assure his enemies’ destruction: knowledge, charisma, charm, wealth, resources, lies, influence, allies, countless other skills, and yes, even powerful pokémon…
[break][break]
As if agreeing with his words, the Spectrier’s GRIM NEIGH rings through the woods, and it’s with a SHADOW BALL that the wild pokémon is pushed off the tree from which it had been watching them.
[break][break]
”What would you be willing to do for the sake of conquering, Elisabeth?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
Catching THWACKEY ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 3:46:29 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]

"Anything."

The word came out stark, cold, and emotionless in its flat intonation.

Her sacrifices to achieve survival alone had been more than she could voice aloud. Her sanity. Her body. Her freedoms. Her own innocence, with blood on her hands.

"I don't know if there's a level of depravity I haven't already sunk to, if I am to be honest. For all the good it has done me."

Was it relieving to hear that a man like had once experienced powerlessness? Or perhaps reassuring? Commenting either thought seemed intrusive, somehow. Elisabeth glanced over her shoulder, for a moment daring to meet the ambition in his eyes. This time, she did not pull away from their stare -- studying it as if attempting to see what lurked beyond their gaze.

"You speak of weapons. Mine have been cultivated, I suppose, slower than most." A hand found itself in the mane of the Spectrier, twisting its shadowy tendrils between her fingertips. "My own insignificance has been a shield. I am not someone of any great import in Hoenn, and in that anonymity, I find safety. It allows me a sense of freedom in my movements, even as it limits me all the same."

Did cowardice prevent her from stepping into the light, instead lurking like her Ariados watching in a web unseen? She despised herself for not knowing the answer.

"Beauty can distract and deceive, as my late husband once taught me. Intelligence when cloaked behind it is all the more dangerous for it. What I know of nature, of the study of life and death, allows me to bottle it and wield it to the misfortune of my enemies."

She briefly broke eye contact as her Goodra cornered a tiny Gulpin beside them, the dragon's AQUA TAIL batting it with a splash of water so that it fell upside down, flailing. Once it had been subdued, she returned his scrutiny, an eyebrow lifted.

"I have always learned the best weapons are those unseen and unnoticed. Now that I have revealed mine to you, Martín, what is your verdict? Am I capable of conquering?"

A sincere question, veiled in a jest.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bugs/Poison/Grass ✿ Catching Gulpin! ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 8:32:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEWADDLE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STICKY WEB
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FOMANTIS APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CONTRARY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INGRAIN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAFAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 4:28:23 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Mars listens. He listens and he watches; his amber gaze holding that of as she speaks of what she believes to be the weapons at her disposal. Her assets, if you will. The things that she considers to be her greatest strengths.
[break][break]
It’s valuable information, even if a lot of it are things he already knew or could have easily guessed, because above everything else, it leads him to know and understand the woman riding his Spectrier with him to a level he hadn’t known her until this moment.
[break][break]
Just like he knows that even if her question sounds like a joke, there’s a sincere desire for an answer behind the jest. He complies, giving it to her as he pulls lightly on the reins, causing Arion's light pace to reach a sudden halt:
[break][break]
”Only you can determine what you’re capable of, Elisabeth, but I can tell you this much: no battlefield is a safe place, no matter of what kind. If you want to conquer, you may have to set the safety of anonymity aside. Taking calculated risks is often a necessity.”
[break][break]
Those in the limelight are never truly safe, no matter how well they may protect themselves. This too is something Mars knows painfully well.
[break][break]
Seeking power often means seeking danger, but it should never be done foolishly.
[break][break]
Does he really want to lead Elisabeth down this path?
[break][break]
The choice is hers, but he will be honest with his answers.
[break][break]
”If you truly want me to judge… I think you’re capable of much more than what you give yourself credit for. Anything, no? But, what everything?”
[break][break]
It’s not an easy path. Difficult choices might need to be made more than once.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
SKIP ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 2:22:55 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]

"No battlefield is a safe place."

Something in that expression made her laugh. It wasn't amused laughter, or anything mocking, but rather... a release, of sorts. It was an untensing of herself, as a truth she always silently knew was spoken aloud and acknowledged by a man whose power she respected and revered at a distance.

"I don't know if any place is truly safe," she admitted at last, looking at him as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "The safest places I've ever felt are probably considered dangerous by most."

It was implied, but Elisabeth suspected that Mars understood her meaning: Rocket was safe to her. No one there pretended to be anything that they weren't.

All monstrosity was displayed and laid bare, extolled for what it was.

Mars's following commentary rendered her silent as the Spectrier rode onwards. Nearby wild Pokemon seemed to disappear into the shade around them while Elisabeth weighed his words, her own thoughts mired in muddled doubts that couldn't form something tangible to give voice to.

Cowardice, she realized suddenly as her eyes widened. Fear held her back, in a way that it failed to rein in the man beside her.

He believed she could live a life that was not ruled by fear.

Did she dare to believe such a thing of herself? Was that what had yoked her all this time to a mindset of survival?

"Thank you, Martín," Elisabeth said quietly, and in the softness of her voice whispered a sincerity beyond the simplicity of spoken gratitude. "You have given me much to think on, this day."

In this moment, the seed of some quietly determined hope took root in her, its dark ambitions stretching out to flourish in the shadows.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Bugs/Poison/Grass ✿ Skipping! ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 7:14:08 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]DUO WILD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: