Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 0:26:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Rustboro City, Central Business District

Spring had come to Hoenn and brought with it the beginnings of a torrential storm. Already, rain was coming down overhead, threatening to drench to the core had he not sought cover under the awning of a nearby business.

Now protected from the weather, Barnaby withdrew his phone from his jacket pocket and took a moment to send a quick text to the person who'd been assigned with him on this mission.

i'm the one in black.
out front of poppin' pikachu's pizza & wings.

It wouldn't be hard to find him. Given the late hour, he was the only living soul around.

While he waited for... what was his name again? ? to show, Barnaby mulled over the plan in his head.

The pickup point was nearby. They were to meet a local gang and exchange for a shipment of SLOWBRO, then move the Pokémon to a pass-over point in Slateport City. It was deceptively simple.

Barnaby only hoped that his partner could handle himself if things went awry.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 5:59:34 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
the pitter-patter of rain echoes in the distance as jayden makes his way towards the designated meeting area. his meeting with had gone long, but it was no-matter.

[break][break] in the darkness of the night, the ex-beast finds his assigned partner. it's not one that jayden recognizes, at least, not yet. he's sure that after the day's end, they will get to know each other much better, as such was the nature of missions as these.

[break][break] "bee?" he says, a portal opening up with the use of his phantump's phantom force.. he walks over to the other, and once he's under the cover awning, he pulls back his black raincoat to reveal his face. "sorry for the delay - a meeting ran long." a pause, and he tilts his head. "do we have a timeframe?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","line"]
[attr="class","ooctxt"]+ mission: come out of your shell

[newclass=".jayden1"]--accent:#8548cf; /newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1"]border-radius:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 a"]color:var(--accent)!important; font:11px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 b"]color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 .line"]background-color:#232323;height:1px;margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 .ooctxt"]font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 1:33:01 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A dark energy materialized beside Barnaby, causing him to stiffen and step back in mild alarm; in response, his right hand hovered near his coat pocket, ready to deal with whatever potential threat exited the portal.

But it wasn't a threat. Just a colleague with his name on his lips.

"That's me." Barnaby confirmed, relaxing, and offered a firm hand in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you— Jayden, right?" He'd heard murmurings about the ex-beast since his arrival in Hoenn. Nothing of substance, but enough for his name to be recognizable.

Upon hearing the man's explanation for his late arrival, Barnaby simply smiled pleasantly and spoke in a reassuring tone, "Not a problem. We're still on schedule."

Shifting on his heels, he then proceeded to walk down the alleyway nearest the pizza shop. "The van's back here. We're scheduled to meet the client in about thirty minutes." His cadence was friendly but systematic, business-like without being too dry.

Soon enough the façade of a delivery truck came into view. Plastered on the side in large font was the logo 'SPEEDY SPHEAL'S FREIGHT SERVICES' with a rolling SPHEAL dressed in a red safari hat just below it.

Gesturing for Jayden to take shotgun, Barnaby hopped into the driver's side seat and buckled himself in. "Our job is to pick up the merchandise and deliver it to the team in Slateport. Should be simple enough, but..."

He paused, throwing the ex-beast a knowing look. "These guys have a reputation for being hotheads. Part of an outside gang, not affiliated with Rocket."

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 2:13:00 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
The raven-haired gentleman seemed more than comfortable taking the lead and as such was the nature of his own personality, Jayden had no issues letting him do so.

[break][break] "That's right," he said, with a nod and clasping his fingers around the other in a firm shake. It was cordial enough, and soon they were on their way. Jayden climbs into the passenger seat as the other decides to drive the vehicle, only briefly glancing at the Spheal that is painted on the side of it.

[break][break] "Not a problem. Surely we've dealt with worse." The door presses firmly shut with a click. His Dragapult zooms forward in front of them both on the other side of the windshield, and Jayden gives a nod. "Plus, Vahagn can deal with any contingencies that we can't."

[break][break]

[attr="class","line"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

[newclass=".jayden1 a"]color:var(--accent)!important; font:11px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 b"]color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayden1 .line"]background-color:#232323;height:1px;margin-right:20px;margin-left:20px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pkmns"]margin-top:-70px; text-align:center; position:relative; z-index:99; } .pkmns img { max-height:40px; filter:grayscale(100%); } .pkmns img:hover { filter:none;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 0:32:30 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Smart. I’ve also set up a few contingencies at the pick-up site.” For a moment Barnaby’s eyes flicked to the DRAGAPULT outside the windshield, it’s translucent body partially obscured by droplets of rain and the rhythmic beating of the windshield wipers. “One can never be too careful.” Especially when dealing with low class criminals like the thugs they were meeting up with.

They call themselves Crimson. They wear red and go around doing your typical juvenile gang shit.” Which begged the question: why was ROCKET working with them in the first place? Was it really necessary to contract out the labor of acquiring SLOWBRO? It didn’t sit well with Barnaby, but he didn’t voice these opinions aloud.

Soon enough, they were pulling into a warehouse parking lot on the outskirts of the business district. Outside stood one lone guard who, after seeing Barnaby flash his headlights in a distinctive 1-2-1 pattern, opened the bay door for them to drive through. Inside was an almost empty space, with a few large wooden crates along the back wall and a similar-looking delivery truck parked in the middle.

Beside the truck stood four men in their early twenties, each sporting a red bandana somewhere on their bodies. The apparent leader of the group was the biggest among them, with a mean face and fiery hair.

Before stepping out of the vehicle to greet them, Barnaby leaned a few inches closer to Jayden and muttered, "Prepare yourself. This guy is... not fun to deal with." With that parting piece spoken, he unlatched the driver's side door and alighted onto the concrete floor below.

Sloan.” Barnaby called out coolly, approaching the gang members with a deadpan expression.

"Beeeeeeee~ I was wondering when your ass would buzz on in here!" On the other hand, Sloan's voice and mannerisms were animated and over-the-top, despite the face mask covering his mouth. "Get it? Bee? Buzz? Man, I'm fuckin' hilarious! Ain't that right, boys?"

His entourage wailed and bellowed at the lame joke, emphasizing their amusement with hard slaps to each other's backs. Sloan looked proud of himself, but the moment didn't last; a minute later, his eyes turned cold and slid toward . When he spoke, it was in a much icier tone.

"Who's your friend?"

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 8:04:35 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden1"]
Bee is a formidable ally. Jayden appreciates such things when looking for a mission partner.

[break][break] As the other gives off the mission details verbally - repeating everything that was in the noted report - Jayden nods. Crimson was likely not unlike any other gang that Rocket worked with. They were a means to an end — a fact that the ex-Beast understood quite well, from his years of working with the organization. Still, it was seedy enough that most of the newer Rocket members would turn away. Especially ones who were pushing Rocket towards more legal means.

[break][break] "I've heard of them," he says. "They're part of the same group of gangs that frequent these parts. Hopefully they won't cause too much trouble."

[break][break] In relative silence, they reach their destination and into the warehouse parking lot. Lights flicker ominously in the distance as they pull up. When Bee leans towards him, warning him of what lies ahead, Jayden arches a brow — but otherwise says nothing.

[break][break] "Beeeeeeee~ I was wondering when your ass would buzz on in here! Get it? Bee? Buzz? Man, I'm fuckin' hilarious! Ain't that right, boys?"

[break][break] Ah. So what was what Bee had meant.

[break][break] He smiles thinly, expression giving nothing away. As always, Jayden's expression was perfectly blank. Something likely infuriating for the likes of hotheads who wanted nothing more than the pry him open, find cracks in his demeanor when they are none.

[break][break] "Crow." If they were going with animal names, they might as well. "Do you have the shipment ready?"

[attr="class","line"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

[newclass=".jayden1 b"]color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pkmns"]margin-top:-70px; text-align:center; position:relative; z-index:99; } .pkmns img { max-height:40px; filter:grayscale(100%); } .pkmns img:hover { filter:none;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 2:01:44 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"See, about that."

On cue, the three grunts released a Pokémon each - CRAWDAUNT, EMBOAR, and SCOLIPEDE, respectively. Sloan's own KROOKODILE stepped from behind their parked truck. All were of various shades of red to go along with the gang's crimson theme. They were nothing if not theatrical.

"I'm not really feeling like I'm in a sharing mood tonight. So, why don't you two just fly away, huh?" The puns kept coming, even when the man's voice practically dripped with venom and vitriol.

"We had an agreement, Sloan. You're smart enough to know the repercussions of backing out on it." Rather than sounding confrontational, Barnaby's warning came off almost bored, as if the other man's antics were nothing but a small annoyance.

Which, truthfully, that's all they were.

His eyes slid from one Pokémon to the next, assessing typing and condition, while also scanning the room for any peripheral threats. In the corner he saw a flash of something white, but it soon faded from view.

"Fuck that. I don't have time for this shit." Sloan countered immediately, removing his mask and spitting on the concrete below his feet. "Get these assholes out of my sight."

The three grunts followed their leader's directive without hesitation, their trio of Pokémon springing forward with murderous intent. They'd find, however, that the floor between them and where and stood had been covered in translucent SPIKES.

Courtesy of the FROSLASS that materialized from the shadows, who then succinctly launched a WILL-O-WISP - not at their Pokémon opponents, but at one of the grunts closest to Barnaby. The man screamed in agony as his flesh and polyester jacket melted together.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shell Shock
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 0:35:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: