part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 15:24:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
tuesday: #01

As promised, when the next free Tuesday rolls around, Angelo meets outside his seaplane hanger.

Their decision to explore the Mirage Islands that he had been documenting had extended to the mutually fond face of one , Hoenn's local biome (fanatic) extraordinaire.

Lift off is at 05:23am.

From above, the island - or The Phantom Island or Abra Isle, among other names the locals call it - is inconspicuous, bathed in the very dim light of the first slither of the sun. Nothing out of order amongst the splattering of other small islands within Hoenn's waters.

After a short flight, they touch down on the water surface with a respectable amount of bumpiness and Angelo carefully beaches his plane on the untouched, golden sand.

It usually disappears around eight and reappears around one-forty. Give or take.

He calls as he jumps out of the pilot side door, boots splashing in the ebbing shallows as he unlocks and swings open the fuselage door for whoever hadn't called shotgun.

So, we've got a couple of hours before the main event to scope out the place.” Angelo looks at his companions with a smile, anticipation crackling like electric through his blood as he grabs his bag from his seaplane.

Ready for their exploration to begin.

Before them sprawls an island, smaller than Mossdeep. Green. Lush. Yet despite the verdant blessing, the Mirage Island is quiet - uninhabited.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 13:51:04 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva is no stranger to early adventure. It’s easy to spring out of bed and meet Angelo and Zac at the designated lift off time, especially when the adventure is this thrilling. A disappearing island out in the Hoenn Sea, loving given many colorful names by the locals, Angelo explained. Since their conversation, Eva did some of her own homework. She no doubt knew the myths surrounding the island better than Angelo, but she was no longer naïve to the tall tales of the sailors and the lore that lived on through them.

From the air, it’s pristine, beautiful, untouched. There are no buildings, no fires, no sign of any inhabitants. The scene is as she expects it when they land. The seaplane comes to a smooth rest on the golden sand. The doctor is the lucky one that didn’t get shot gun. It makes sense, she’s much smaller than Zac. When Angelo swings open the door, Eva is quick to deplane with her pack, jumping onto the sand with a soft thud.

As if to convince herself its real, she bends down, picking up the soft sand and letting it flow between her fingers. There’s no tracks in the sand, just a windblown golden sea.

Eva stands, placing her hands on her hips turn towards the center of the island itself, ”What happens if we’re on the island when it disappears?” Eva assumes they don’t know, which makes it all that more exciting.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 6, 2022 11:55:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Eva, ever the golden child of her profession, is quick to ask the winning question. Angelo grins, in a display of excitement and applause.

No clue.” Admits the pilot, unabashed by his lack of knowledge towards the mechanics of the Mirage Island. His blue gaze lands on the scientist, as welcoming in the hunt as it was encouraging her to seek, too. As partners on a quest of curiosity should.  “Not yet, anyway.

They'd find out soon enough, their thirst for answers hopefully destined to be quenched in due course. No doubt through time, effort and a little bit of risk.

Why, are you volunteering, Professor?” He jests.

Pushing up the sleeves of his jacket, Angelo's gaze pierces towards the centre of the island, hidden beneath a blanket of green.

If we get split up somewhere, let's meet back here by midday.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 0:05:24 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva assumed the answer would be ‘no clue’ but Angelo simply confirms it. Although the prospect doesn’t scare her: she’s enthralled by it. Where did the island go? What happened to any inhabitants? The questions would be endless as they scrolled through the Professor’s head.

Only one way to find out!

“Why?” Eva glances over to Angelo as if he already knows the answer – he should, “There’s something to discover out here and I want to help,” she fidgets with the straps on her backpack to make it a bit tighter for hiking, “Plus, I hope it helps with my own research in some way. Things that disappear make me suspicious of Primal Energy involvement,” She could go more in depth if she needs to but she’d rather not bore Angelo with the details.

At the prompt of midday, Eva checks her own watch then peers up into the sky at rising sun, “Midday, got it,” she sets an alarm on her watch, just in case.

“So, in your survey of the island, what does the terrain look like? Anything of particular interest?” In other words – Does Angelo have a game plan?

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 19:30:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

I've scoped out the island a handful of times - both before and after it disappears - but nothing special has jumped out at me.” At least, there was nothing visible that changed on the surface, anyway. “Not like I have any fancy equipment to tell you the facts and figures, but wherever it's going, it comes back looking like it never left.

Weird, right?

Except Angelo's eyes light up a little, despite the fruitless piece of information he had to share, there's an eagerness there. That it's not an easy solution is but fuel to the spark of adventure.

He did like a challenge.

Beside Angelo treads, feet crunching softly upon the grass as the sand makes way for green. Weak morning sunshine pours upon the back of their necks, growing stronger in the change of the seasons.

I've been toying with the idea of leaving something here. See if it comes back when the island reappears later.

Fishing within his pocket, Angelo picks himself over a fallen log. Even though his long legs could easily have carried him over, the pilot steps on and hops off.

The old, cracked phone he retrieves would be a worthwhile sacrifice if things go to shit when sent into a world unknown.

Maybe record it, too. Figured finding out where this place goes before falling in unannounced would be playing it smart.Again. He flashes Eva a knowing glance, eyes as blue as the world in which they'd once fallen.

Can't say I haven't been tempted to just hang around and see where I end up, though.”

Because time, trickling away in meteor form, was not plentiful anymore.

What do you think?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 0:26:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Nothing special, huh? Eva’s gaze glances up to the canopy of the trees that stretch tall above them. They could easily conceal areas of interest, “Guess we’ll just need to map it out by foot then, huh?” sounds laborious, but Eva is willing to put in the elbow grease to get the good lay of the land.

Following his lead, Eva walks just behind Angelo, the subtle heat of the sun disappearing from the back of her neck as they step further into the trees. It’s beautiful, untouched, rich with life, although there is no sign of a single pokemon to be seen.

No flying-types hopping through the canopy, no Mankey swinging from vines, no rattata scurrying through the underbrush. What kind of a place had no wild pokemon?

“I think that’s a great idea. I’ll be honest, the fact that I haven’t seen any pokemon worries me,” It does make her concerned that something living may not survive the “trip”. Whatever the trip may be, “Definitely doesn’t hurt to try recording it too,” you never know until you try!

Eva pauses to glance around, “We’ll just have to put it somewhere where we’ll remember it,” Someplace obvious that’s easy to find again, “How about . . . over there,” she points towards a rather large rock formation. It stands on its own with rays of sun dancing across the grey surface. Large enough to spot from a distance and solitary amongst a sea of green, ”You can prop it up in that crevice or something,” might provide a good view for recording.

The plan is simple enough. Leave a recording device, come back next Tuesday and check it. Perhaps it will catch sight of some well-hidden pokemon that purposefully evade their presence. Hopefully, they’ll be able to glean a few answers from it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 5:17:31 GMT
shiv Avatar

MIRAGE

angelo x eva

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_rc2b63490u1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
THEME SONG

THE TWO RETURN TO ABRA ISLE ON TUESDAY. Upon their return, they do not notice any dramatic changes to the physicality of the place. If there were any mysterious metamorphoses, perhaps they are simply too difficult to discern through human senses.

But they are here for the recording device. One that had been left behind by the duo in the hopes of capturing something fascinating. Perhaps, a Pokemon. A dimensional shift like a Space-Time Distortion? The possibilities run through their minds as they retrieve the footage.

However, the footage they find is not what they expect. For awhile, the recording device captures the island's usual itinerary. Lush vegetation. Sea breezes. The ocean nearby soaking in the sun. In order to parse through everything, the two would need to speed the video up, of course.

In the middle, they find that the footage suddenly cuts to black. The device continues to record. Somehow. However, it is simply audio...

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_rc2bn5FbbP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
- ANGELO & EVA'S RECORDED AUDIO

And what they hear is odd. Digitized sounds unintelligible and unnerving. Eventually, the audio surges to a crescendo before reverting back to the usual view of the Hoennian sea.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 11:48:43 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
tuesday: #02

One week passes and once again, bright and early, the small team gathers upon the flawless white beach. Nothing out of place, like they'd wondered into a photograph, locked in time.

Save for the phone that they'd left behind. Still exactly in place.

Turns out inanimate objects not of this land do go along for the ride, during the Mirage Island's routine disappearance...

Planting himself on a large, sturdy piece of sun-bleached driftwood, the pilot pats the vacant space beside him. So that together, huddled around his small, cracked phone screen they could watch island life innocently play out.

For a time, it's like it had never left. Until blackness envelops the screen and the sound distorts. 

Angelo is silent throughout it all and once it's finished, replays it one more time. 

Sounds like the ol' TV back home when it used to play up...” Angelo sniffs dryly. Unfortunately, this audio probably wouldn't become miraculously fixed with a simple thump on the device with his fist.

You ever heard anything like this in your ventures, Doc?

Somehow, despite 's no doubt extensive experience dealing with pokemon, Angelo wouldn't bet on it.

It feels alien. Not of this world.

And he's unsure whether he should be unsettled more by the crackles, beeps and cries within a dark world, or that it does not deter his adventurous thirst to see more.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 17:39:13 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 A week later they find themselves back in Angelo’s Sea Plane, headed back to the island they had left. Eva anxiously glances out the window until the endless sea horizon is interrupted by the irregular appearance of the island. A part of her is relieved that it shows up again even though she trusted Angelo that it would.

It’s the same beach, untouched just as before. It’s surreal.

Another wave of relief washes over her when they spot the device still sitting in the same spot as before, “Phew! It’s a relief to see that it made it!” she smiles brightly in anticipation to what they’ll find on the recording.

Eva happily plants herself beside Angelo and leans in to study the screen. What they see and hear gives her goosebumps. They roll across her bare skin accompanied by a unnerving shiver. There’s no protest when he plays it again. In all honesty, she’s having a hard time wrapping her head around it.

When it’s over for the second time, her brows are pinched in confusion and deep thought. She leans back, her mind racing in an attempt to make sense of what they just heard.

In response to Angelo, she shakes her head, “I – I have no idea what that could be. I’ve never heard anything like it,” she thinks for a moment longer, “The sounds are . . . unnatural, distorted,” is that what it sounds like in the Distortion World? Eva doesn’t know . . . but might. Too bad she’s never spoken to the Elite Four member personally. Or perhaps Ultras Space? She’s never been there either . . . but knows people who have.

Like Angelo, it only sparks her adventurous side more. A new world, undiscovered. The audio is shrouded in mystery and the doctor craves nothing more than to shed light on the dark world.

“Perhaps we should scout the terrain some more, that might give us some clues,” ruins, pokemon, unnatural formations, anything that could help put the pieces of this puzzle together.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 7:48:48 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Calloused palms hit his legs with a smack, before Angelo makes to rise. A full stop on their pinched browed confusion whilst perched cluelessly on the driftwood.

Sounds good. We can think on our feet.

Sitting around staring at the sand, raking through his memories, was not how Angelo operated. He kept himself busy, thoughts reorganised as hands sorted business, ideas kicked up while feet carve paths in the earth.

This was no difference, the pilot already itching to get active. Scouting the island made for a perfect suggestion to him.

As they walk and sprout ideas, Angelo's fingers take to his pockets, a calloused pad drifting over a warm sphere hidden concealed within the depths.

Have you thought... about the possibility that there's something here we can't see? Like Energy, maybe? There's been no shortage of that around Hoenn lately.

He didn't have access to equipment to check that out but if there was anyone in the region that might, he supposed it would be Eva.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 7:27:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 After a heavy sigh, Eva rises from their perch as well, still half-lost in her thoughts as to what may be the source of the strange, shilling noises they heard over the static in the recording. Something strange was certainly going on here, and where the island was going was not of this world – like the sounds.

Eva follows Angelo through the forest, letting her eyes wander and drift over the foliage that surrounds them. She searches for something, anything, that could give them a clue. Unfortunately, everything seems boring and normal.

“Yeah, for sure,” it’s the first thing that crossed her mind, “To make something disappear there has to be some sort of energy,” she pauses to hop over a small, fallen trunk, “Primal energy makes things teleport,” Could that be the source of the island’s magic trick?

“I have some sensors that can pick up Primal energy bursts,” she thinks of the ones embedded in Mt. Chimney that she consulted @amor on, “But I also have Adele,” Eva smiles, stopping to reach to her belt and pluck off a pokeball.

The sphere cracks open, casting a flash of bright light across the green leaves as the Gardevoir makes an appearance, “She’s not a machine but she’s pretty adept as sensing energies,” her TELEPATHY ability helps with that, “She’s been exposed plenty to Primal and Infinity Energies. How about it, Adele? Wanna see if you can sense something?”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 18:56:13 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Primal Energy, huh?

He'd been in contact with that more times than Angelo could possibly count by now. Ever since he'd cradled that shard of blue in his palm, its power crashing like a furious wave as he and huddled close, sharing legendary secrets, in an ice coated cavern.

Infinity energy, too. Exposed, more often than not, by the red flame he dutifully carries around in his pocket.

Neither were something that Angelo could - or would - use in this little experiment, however. So and her Gardevoir would have to lead the charge on this one.

I'll leave this in your capable hands then, Adele.

Pushing up a low-hanging tangle of branches away from his shorter companion's heads, Angelo gestures with a sweep of his hand onwards.

Let's head further in. We might get a stronger result at the heart of the island.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
mirage [c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 23:34:25 GMT
shiv Avatar

MIRAGE

angelo x eva

AFTER VENTURING CLOSER TO THE HEART OF THE ISLAND, the scan their surroundings for PRIMAL or INFINITY ENERGY. However, curiously enough, the readings are normal. There is an absence of PRIMAL ENERGY— and the measurements for INFINITY ENERGY reflect an island filled with vegetation and the odd, unseen Pokemon.

Whatever was responsible for the odd recording seemingly can not be found by those means...

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
mirage [c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 18:28:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The heart of the island does prove fruitful. The energies swirl and combine, settling like a tide pool. Adele does her best to reach out and parse through what she feels. There’s familiar Infinity Energy, fueled by the abundance of living things that surround them. The trees, the ferns, the grass, they all add to its structure.

Something strange and unfamiliar lies below what she knows. With TELEPATHY she’s able to determine they are not alone. There are pokemon that live on this island, she just can’t seem to determine which ones.

Adele presses the oddities onto Eva’s consciousness, making the doctor feel unsettled as if a thousand eyes are watching her. It makes her shift uncomfortably, her face twisting into a frown, “It seems we are not alone here but . . . There’s no discernable Primal Energy,” Adele confirms the statement by nodding her head.

There’s something they’re missing, “Any other ideas?” Perhaps if they try to draw out the island’s residence, they’ll at least know what kind of pokemon inhabit the island.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
mirage [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 11:44:12 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

On the surface, nothing seems to really happen. All is quiet as the Gardevoir reads the environment, Angelo awaiting news with the song of rustling palm leaves and distant waves to keep him company.

Y'mean they're here now?

An eyebrow is raised as the silence breaks, Eva confirming that something did occupy the Mirage Island. Even now, when it remained within their world.

Perhaps...

Shot in the dark, but d'you think it's possible that the pokémon inhabiting the island never left...?” He scratches the somewhat rough edge of his jaw in thought. Slowly, his gaze lifts to Eva. “They could be invisible.

Angelo had had his fair share of experience dealing with pokémon that could conceal their visage, after all.

And if the life here is invisible, what's to say the whole island isn't?

Maybe we can tempt them out of hiding.” Shrugging his pack off his shoulder, the pilot digs through his belongings, searching for their next experiment.

Got any pokémon food on you, doc?” Wisps of fragrant smoke begins to wisp and furl into the tropical air as Angelo finishes setting up the incense. This and some food would surely entice something if it was here. “C'mon. Let's give it some space.