Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 9:15:34 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]Fly me to the moon
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
A submarine was the last place he’d expected to see himself these days, especially considering Team Rocket had taken over Sootopolis City, but he couldn’t deny the usefulness of the facilities in times of need. Did you know the submarine had a full room dedicated to tailoring for uniforms? Rowan didn’t either, until recently. This was where he found himself on a particularly dull afternoon, stitching together a new outfit after his last one had been ruined during his conflict with .

There was a particular design he had in mind, but the hands didn’t often agree with what the brain wanted, eliciting a small sigh from the mouth of the Beast. “Weapons and Pokémon I can handle, but a needle? I’m useless.” This blew ass.

(tagged)⏤ @open

(notes)⏤ mission
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 13:22:05 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth didn't often find herself on the Rocket submarine, but one of her latest clandestine orders from her flower shop -- a vial of Salazzle poison -- had placed her on the aquatic vessel. After personally hand-delivering the assortment in a rush order, she was left to an unfortunate realisation upon leaving the recipient's office.

It had taken about five minutes for her to become hopelessly lost. Where was the exit again?

A door opened, but instead of the anticipated escape route, it was the sight of that greeted her. She blinked in slow surprise, wrongfooted by the discovery. "Oh. My apologies." The last time Elisabeth had seen the Rocket Beast, it had been one of her first days in Hoenn as a Rocket. He had been an intense instructor, exuding a sense of power and competence despite his younger age.

The latter seemed to be failing him now as her eyes fell to the stitching in his lap. Despite herself, the blonde's curiosity was piqued.

"Do you perhaps need assistance?" she asked politely, indicating the clothing. "I happen to be good with a needle and thread."

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 18:12:12 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“No need to apologize, Fiorelli.” Rowan waved a hand dismissively, setting down the sewing equipment onto the table in front of him. “You’ve caught me in a rare moment of struggle.” He said with a small chuckle, rubbing his face with a hand. “I didn’t exactly grow up with the necessity to learn such things.” Being raised in a wealthy family had its advantages and disadvantages, not having experience in menial tasks being one of the many banes.

“I’m attempting to recreate an outfit I’d been using for disguising my identity, before the traitor Katherine Fairburne burned me alive.” The statement came off casually, but the tenseness in his form betrayed both trauma and rage at the incident. “Look pretty good for a burn victim, eh?” In fact, he didn’t have any scars at all, thanks to Suicune.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #AFAFAF; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #349EDB);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #349EDB);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#AFAFAF;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#AFAFAF;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #AFAFAF; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 18:27:15 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"There are worse things to struggle with than tailoring. Something tells me being unable to thread a needle hasn't stopped you from living a fulfilling life."

Elisabeth had been born into wealth, too, but years and years of a mundane existence indoors had driven her to a point where she had spent an absurd amount of time mastering domestic tasks. Cooking. Baking. Sewing. Gardening, floristry, and ultimately in secret, toxicology. Without work, she would have gone mad.

"I'm just glad my own minor talents prove useful in this respect. As a Rocket Beast, I imagine you feel that way often?"

The way that so casually discussed the incident seemed at odds with the severity of the description of it he gave. Elisabeth wordlessly took a seat opposite him as she listened, taking the clothing into her hands as she assessed how far he had gotten in his task.

Not far at all, and the state of the seams was, to put it kindly, atrocious. Taking the needle, Elisabeth set herself to work undoing the damage.

"Ah. I happen to be intimately familiar with the tragedy that is burn trauma. My condolences." Her own burn scarring -- a vicious mark left by her late husband's Emboar -- was hidden beneath her skirt, resting high upon her left thigh as it throbbed with memory. It had not healed nearly so well as Rowan's own wounds had, apparently. The woman's eyes glanced up to meet the Rocket Beast's as she said, "That you are healing well is a relief, at any rate. Of all things to suffer, I've always despised fire most."

The name was one that Elisabeth had heard in passing, whispered like a dirty word around the Rocket organisation. Generally speaking, she minded her own business and let the darkness lie. It was best not to prod a hornet's nest for no reason.

"Did you learn what you wanted to from the encounter, at least?" she asked anyway, skirting the line of curiosity and common sense.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 3:23:24 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Not as often as you’d think.” Rowan muttered underneath his breath, barely audible. Previous misgivings about becoming a Rocket Beast had only been compounded as of late, especially after his attempted murder. He’d joined Team Rocket as a means to become free of the tethers that bound him, only finding himself being strangled under the oppression of servitude more and more each day. Freedom seemed to be slipping further from his grasp each day, how he envied those with the strength to break their chains.

“Nothing much to learn, really. She created false information about an asset that she knew Team Rocket couldn’t resist. I was sent out to investigate, and that’s when she ambushed me.” A hand clenched into a fist instinctively, still angry that he’d fallen for the ruse so easily. Without knowing, Katherine had preyed on his desire to find Suicune, knowing the legend was related to these dimension-warping trees. “Brought her god with her, Giratina.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 15:29:10 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
The glint of metal flashed in the air as the needle darted in and out of the fabric in Elisabeth's hands, the motion so fluid it seemed almost second nature to her.

"I am sure I am not the only member of Rocket that sees your use."

That subject, however, was one that Elisabeth distanced herself from for now. If someone like Rowan was to doubt his place in the hierarchy, it didn't bode well for someone like her on the lower rungs. As much as she had risen in her short time in Hoenn, the poisoner was keenly aware of her standing amongst most of the members she met. The less she assumed of her own station, the better.

Perhaps merely felt the same way.

"Giratina?" Elisabeth echoed softly, her sewing pausing for a single moment as she considered the name. To call the enormous draconic Pokemon a god was not inaccurate.

More concerning, as always, was the human behind the deity. Avatars were a concerning variable to Elisabeth, one that merited a certain caution and wariness. She could remember sustaining the immense pressure and scrutiny of Lugia while sitting in 's office, the distant presence of the Shadow Pokemon a perpetual reminder of her own insignificance. And subtler, almost more concerningly so for it, she recalled too the MISTY TERRAIN so casually invoked by in her garden -- a reminder of things she did not understand, and the unknown risks posed by her own ignorance.

Perhaps a shift in topic was wise. The sewing resumed, and with it, Elisabeth resumed speaking as well.

"I am of two minds on the matter. The first is that such an elaborate ambush demanded an answer from Rocket, so if it was not you, someone else would have been asked to step forward. Had it not been you, someone else would have been burnt to a crisp, and potentially not lived to tell the tale."

Unspoken was the following question: had Katherine been acting alone? That level of calculation and foresight didn't bode well for anyone set in opposition to her. A thought filed away for later, of dangers to remain aware of and to distance herself from.

Elisabeth turned the garment over in her lap, reaching for a jar of buttons nearby.

"Secondly, you are alive, so the circumstances of your predicament beyond that are all simply details. You have, I am certain, survived death many times. So long as you continue to do so, you are achieving an essential victory."

That was how she rationalized her own brushes with death, at least.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 6:40:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
There was little comfort to be found in the concept of ‘better me than someone else’, although he understood where Elisabeth was coming from. As he lay in the throes of death, Rowan could only lament the choices he’d made that lead him to that point, the regrets that filled his mind in what could have been his last moments. “Suppose that’s one way to look at it.” It should have been someone else, he shouldn’t be a criminal, a murderer.

“I did gain some valuable information from the event. I know what Katherine is after.” The message she passed along was clear as day, and he wasn’t shy to share her motives with others. “There are a number of objects referred to as ‘plates', artifacts with writing upon them that she wants to attain and we possess a few of them.” Perhaps enough to provide bait of their own against the traitor.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 1:54:28 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
His begrudging acceptance of Elisabeth's point was met with a brief flicker of her gaze towards his, the sewing uninterrupted even as her attention was divided. Despite herself, a small smile tugged at her lips at Rowan's terse reply.

That was right. He, like , had already reached the point where victory was conquest, not merely survival. And hadn't she learned that her first day with , training as one among many Rocket recruits?

What's your win condition, Elisabeth?

Swiftly the topic shifted, and Elisabeth listened in enraptured silence as the Rocket Beast spoke of plates and artifacts. "Interesting. What is their inherent value, may I ask?" the blonde replied, busying herself with sewing a shirt pocket. "Or is that a mystery, too?"

Her tone conveyed an ease of manner suggesting no offense would be taken if such a topic was, indeed, above her paygrade.

Though as always, Elisabeth was curious.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 7:54:45 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“Priceless, as far as I know.” Words were weaved between stitches, attempting to keep his own sewing clean and neat. “I’ve been doing my research on them since the ordeal.” A small curse was uttered underneath his breath as the thread went crooked, forced to backtrack on his work before continuing.

“They are relics, associated with Pokémon legends, perhaps even Arceus itself.” Whatever Katherine wanted them for, Rowan was certain that it wasn’t good. “Could even be Giratina that wants them. I know there is some lore associating them with Arceus.” Was Katherine acting on her own, or was she just a puppet for satan?

“Either way, we can’t let the traitor get her hands on more of them.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 2:31:35 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Mm. Mysterious, that." Relics from the legend of Arceus... Her mind raced with possibilities, all vague and ultimately useless in their conclusions. Such myths were not her forte. "I wonder at her reasons for gathering them, then. And ours, for that matter."

Was it simply a matter of hoarding potential weapons and intelligence, if only to prevent the League from obtaining it? That seemed too neat and tidy an answer.

Rocket never collected anything idly. Nor, it seemed, did .

"I understand Rocket's feelings towards traitors." Her words came out carefully, as thoughtful as her stitchwork, as Elisabeth continued, "But what of Katherine's feelings towards Rocket? Do you think her enmity is only because we possess something she wants? Or simply because we have set ourselves against her?"

Somehow Elisabeth doubted this. You didn't set someone on fire just because you wanted a relic hidden in their vaults. No, this spoke of something darkly, deeply personal, at least to her.

She shouldn't keep prying. She knew this. And yet Elisabeth couldn't help herself.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 3:41:17 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’m not going to pretend she isn’t vain enough to set herself against us simply because we declared her a traitor, but Katherine put herself in that position during the takeover of Sootopolis City.” Rowan was certain that it wasn’t a spur of the moment decision on Katherine’s part, she must have been planning her defection for some time. “Still…”

He chewed his lip for a moment, standing up and moving across the room. A solid thunk sounded as he closed the door, flipping the lock over so they wouldn’t be disturbed. “Can I trust that my words won’t leave this room, Elisabeth?” Rowan had to be sure, before he continued.

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 4:03:19 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
A soft click announced the abrupt locking of the door. The needle in her hand paused as Elisabeth lowered it to her lap, meeting 's gaze evenly with her own.

"There are plenty of secrets I intend to die with," she said, with the quiet conviction of a woman who had buried many of her own, for many years. "I do not share what I know idly. I never have."

alone had pried some of those most private innermost truths from her heart.

Then, in a voice as gentle as it was kind, she finished: "But neither am I someone who pries. You needn't tell me anything you don't wish to, Rowan. Only say what you wish to entrust to me."

Although her insatiable curiosity waited with bated breath, wondering.

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 4:43:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
Let me play among
the stars
Let me see
what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars
“I’m only asking because what I say could be considered…treasonous.” Rowan leaned against the door, crossing one arm over another. “I don’t care whether or not Katherine is a traitor, it’s entirely personal.” Amber eyes shifted towards the floor, wondering if Elisabeth would understand where he was coming from.

“I believe in freedom over all else, I don’t particularly care if someone leaves Team Rocket because I can understand the reasons.” A soft sigh escaped from his lips, pushing off from the door and walking back to his seat. “Arceus knows I’ve considered it myself once or twice, but I would rather fix the things broken with Team Rocket than be beholden to the League.” Rowan reached a hand up, tucking some hair behind his ear.

“I know better than most what it’s like to feel chained to a fate because of fear, is all.” He looked to Elisabeth now, his soft features hardening ever so slightly once more. “Katherine killed ’s Pokémon and nearly killed me, she doesn’t deserve the same consideration I’d give to other defectors.”

(tagged)⏤

(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 5:08:27 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
“I know better than most what it’s like to feel chained to a fate because of fear, is all.”

It was as if a thorned knot inside of her had unraveled, loosening with each word that spoke aloud. It was beyond what he shared about . It was what he shared of himself that unmoored her, leaving her briefly speechless before she nodded.

"Yes. I think... I understand your distinction."

A lump rose in her throat, threatening to choke her own reply as Elisabeth swallowed the welling rush of emotion back. There weren't words for this, the sense of kinship that she had hearing the Rocket Beast describe ineffable truths that she, herself, knew so intimately.

had asked Elisabeth if she had joined Rocket for sanctuary, but it had been, in truth, for belonging.

"Freedom is what I value most, too." The wavering tenor to her reply and the faintest mist in her eyes both betrayed how deeply his single statement had affected her. "To speak truthfully, I cannot imagine a world in which I leave Team Rocket, because it gives me more freedom than any other path I can picture for myself. More than I could accomplish alone."

Rocket was still a cage, as had observed once to her a long time ago, but it was the cage she herself had chosen: knowing the dangers that lurked within, and accepting them for what they were. She had nested in its iron confines and made a home for herself. And although she would hunt those who left because it was asked of her, no true hatred burned in her for those who left, either.

Because Elisabeth, too, had once tried to spread her wings to escape a different prison. One that she, like now, had chosen for herself, albeit that time it was blindly.

"I do not think you are wrong, to have doubted your place here. To have wondered what it might be like to leave." This time, hers were the treasonous words whispered aloud -- her own trust in the man across from her implicit though unasked for. "Because if you do not doubt sometimes, if you do not examine yourself and your own motives for being here, you cease to think. You relinquish control over yourself and your own destiny."

And I refuse to lose that freedom. I refuse to lose my choice, in being here.

"Thank you," she said suddenly, looking up. "For sharing this with me today."

[break]
[break]
[break][break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
Sewing Circle [M/O]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 22:38:16 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowanwt"]
[attr="class","rowanwtw"]"You're welcome." Rowan nodded slightly, a small amount of relief washing over him. There was a freeing feeling that came with speaking about such sensitive things with someone at a similar station to his own. "Thank you for listening, I appreciate it." It seemed as though the was another he could trust to be candid in the ranks of Team Rocket, someone he didn't need to fear, a person he could trust.  [break][break]

Yet there was a question that lingered on his mind, curiosity getting the best of him. "Have you ever killed anyone Elisabeth?" Rowan relaxed into his seat, amber eyes fixated on her own. Would he trust her any less if she had? Unlikely, but the questions wouldn't end there if she did.
[attr="class","rowanwttag"]

[attr="class","rowanwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowanwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt b] color: #487f8a; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #487f8a!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #487f8a; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #487f8a!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #487f8a; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #487f8a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #487f8a; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowanwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]