Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 19:54:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Mauville City, mid-morning. Barnaby had an appointment to keep and was currently downtown in front of the agreed upon meeting place. The building had a sturdy brick façade, consisting of rich maroon clay and pristinely white mortar, with large windows to allow an abundance of natural light into the rented storefronts. There were several businesses housed within the property, each with their own designated signage above their entry door. Barnaby found himself waiting outside one in particular: Bewitching Beauties ♡ Pokémon Boutique & Spa.

In his arms he carried a peculiarly-colored Alolan VULPIX; the little fox was extremely small in stature, considering he’d been born within the last month or so, but big in personality. Already he’d grown bored of his owner’s idle standing and was attempting to wiggle out of his grasp. As he did so, Castor’s gold-tinted fur gleamed beautifully in the morning sunlight - a shining testament to his uniqueness. He was a true gem, but not the only one in this world.

He had a brother. Pollux, belonging to the journalist’s dear friend , who Barnaby was expecting to arrive at any moment.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 3:07:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

On Taygetus, that lofty mountain wild,[break]
Brought forth in joy: mild Pollux, void of blame,[break]
And steed-subduing Castor, heirs of fame.

[break]
Had it been just about anyone else, he would have refused. He would have seen the young vulpine pokémon of unique coating and even more unique abilities as a profitable investment, and then would have found someone willing to pay good money for it. After all, collection of Eevee scheduled to soon be evolved aside, Mars has never cared for keeping canines.
[break][break]
However, as fate would have it, it just so happens that one of the parents of this Fox Pokémon of his belongs to no other than , and that from the egg the Vulpix had hatched, another also had. Twins. Castor and Pollux, as he had suggested they should be named after the decision had been made.
[break][break]
That’s all there is to it, really. The story of how Mars ended up in possession of the champagne-coloured Vulpix that struggles to keep up with his steps as they walk towards the store in Mauville City.
[break][break]
They make quite the pair. POG Bank’s CEO, clad in his ever-so-stylish business casual attire, and by his side, a small Vulpix in an elegant harness with a leash to match. The pokémon would be in a Luxury Ball, mind you, but apparently Pollux isn’t the greatest fan of those just yet, and Mars sure as hell isn’t going to get his clothes covered in fox fur. That would be atrocious.
[break][break]
In contrast, Barnaby doesn’t seem to think that to be much of a problem, and while Pollux’s leash training had gone decently, it sure doesn’t stop the Vulpix from rushing forward when seeing his twin.
[break][break]
”Aw, poor Castor. Held against his will.” Mars smirks at the journalist when approaching, amused by Castor’s relentless attempts at escaping. Pollux would probably love to be held close to his brother, but Mars won’t give in, and the Ice type is left to look up at Barnaby from the ground – his tails swaying. ”Don’t let the puppy dog eyes fool you, trésor. Shall we head in?”
[break][break]
He may be teasing, but it does not change the fact that Mars’ willingness to spoil certain pokémon does not mean neglecting their training. That's what comes first. Always.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 4:02:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The tapping of expensive shoes on concrete grabbed at Barnaby's attention. Looking up, he saw the exquisite figure of approaching him from about twenty feet away, Pollux walking obediently at his side. It was quite the sight to see and, in his usual bold fashion, Barnaby made no moves to hide the way he unabashedly checked Mars out. Cobalt eyes flicked downwards and then smoothly traveled up, taking in every detail, before finally landing on the admin's own amber gaze. By the time Mars was within speaking range, Barnaby's lips had already curled into a welcoming smirk. He was about to greet his friend, but it seemed the small Pokémon in his arms had other ideas.

"Come now, stop your wriggling." The demand was said with just enough of an edge to get his point across without completely frightening the VULPIX. Castor's squirming body stilled, although his tails continued to wave amiably to-and-fro.

"Don't feel too sorry for him, Martín. Arceus knows I dote on him too much as it is." That was a particular weakness of his: vulpines in general, but more specifically those he'd bred himself. Especially given that Castor was such an extraordinary specimen of the species.

Speaking of, Barnaby's eyes slipped downward yet again and landed on Mars' own VULPIX. It was good to see the young fox doing so well, although he'd expect nothing less from Mars. Even if canids weren't necessarily the admin's cup of tea, Barnaby knew he held his Pokémon to a high standard and treated them accordingly. Smiling at Pollux and then back up at , Barnaby nodded his head in assent. "Let's."

As they entered the boutique a wave of fragrant air - smelling of honeysuckle and mint - greeted them. Pleasant music played quietly in the background as a few shoppers milled along the many aisles of Pokémon accessories. Even a quick glance around the shop showed it to be particularly well-stocked and varied in its offerings.

"Hmm." Barnaby hummed as he took in the space. "I'm looking for a collar. Something that complements the color of Castor's fur."

Stepping forward toward the closest aisle, he looked to Mars and questioned, "What about you? What should I keep an eye out for?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 1:53:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Vulpine pokémon may always make him think of . They have been by his side for as long as Mars has known him, and the fondness he has for them is one of which the banker knows well. It’s sweet. And, even though it’s something Mars himself may not share when it comes to most such pokémon, he has to admit that Castor and Pollux may just be becoming a couple of his favourites.
[break][break]
It likely has much to do with the scene before him.
[break][break]
”Lucky you, Castor. I wish he’d dote on me like that.” Mars reaches to pet the golden Vulpix in Barnaby’s arms, and when he does so, a smile full of playfulness flashes just as amber eyes meet those cobalt ones he knows so well. Of course he’d never pass on a chance to tease Barnaby.
[break][break]
And yet, it’s so very easily that he lets go of the matter, venturing into the boutique by his friend’s side and with Pollux closely following after them. The little Vulpix seems excited by all the new sights and scents all around, but the leash does not allow for him to move too far or touch anything on the shelves nearby.
[break][break]
”Oh, we should totally get them matching collars.” That would be adorable. ”I was thinking of getting some toys, actually. He keeps taking Dollar’s and Penny’s, and that’s bound to become a problem.”
[break][break]
Dollar is usually aggregable by nature, but Penny? Penny doesn't like sharing, and shadow-blooded as her daughter is, if Pollux were to cross Bloodwit, it would be even more of a problem.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 5:52:37 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Yeees, matching collars would be adorable." He agreed, flashing a dimpled smile Mars' way. "And leashes too!" Because you always had to get the matching leash. That was, like, an unspoken rule of over-the-top Pokémon ownership.

When his friend spoke of Pollux's thieving ways, all Barnaby could do was chuckle and waggle a scolding finger at the VULPIX. "Little one, you need to be more careful," A cluck of the tongue was followed by an gentle assurance. "We'll be sure to get you some even better toys than Dollar's and Penny's, though, don't you worry."

A soft whine from Barnaby's chest pulled his attention away. Apparently Castor also wanted new toys, despite having an entire basketful at home, and made sure to make it known. Barnaby sighed, ruffling the golden tuft of fur on the small fox's head. "Alright, we'll get you something too."

With that in mind, he continued their search, rounding the first aisle after not really seeing much of interest (it had mainly been stocked with gourmet Pokémon food and the like).

"...Do I really not dote on you enough, Martín?" A question asked casually, almost absentmindedly, while Barnaby's attentions were mainly focused on perusing the shelves on this new aisle. would only have a moment or two to answer before something caught the journalist's eye.

"Oh! What about these?" Barnaby rushed forward toward a glass display case, which housed several gilded collars and their paired leashes.

"The blue one is exquisite." There was also one of violet and gold and a beaded red and silver piece.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 16:08:02 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Just as stores often are, this one has been stocked with a plethora of distractions. There’s adorable collars and clothing for pokémon, colourful accessories, necessities like food, treats, toys, and so much more. It’s why Barnaby’s comment goes almost completely dismissed, Mars finding his attention divided between looking through shelves and keeping Pollux from running off towards the nearest toy section.
[break][break]
Almost.
[break][break]
He acts as if it had been at first, smiling faintly to himself and following Barnaby to the glass display. His gaze falls upon the collars, inspecting the intricate details of each and every one.
[break][break]
”Oh, it is. I like the violet one too.” It’s then that he moves closer to his friend, perhaps too close considering that they’re in public, but Mars doesn’t seem to pay this any mind. Words are whispered to Barnaby’s ear, low enough for only him to hear and coming in the company of an all too playful smirk. ”You do dote on me, by the way, but it’s not enough. I’m spoiled and greedy, and maybe I just want your attention all to myself.”
[break][break]
With that said, he steps away, finally picking Pollux up as if nothing had just happened.
[break][break]
”What do you think, Pollux? Do you like the violet collar?”
[break][break]
The Vulpix wags his tails, although this is likely more due to being picked up than anything else.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 19:49:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Mm, the gold would suit—" He was going to comment on how the collar would complement their champagne-tinged foxes, but the sensation of hot breath on his ear stopped Barnaby in his metaphorical tracks.

It wasn't just the feeling of having Mars so close, but the words that he whispered so innocently for only Barnaby to hear. He likely knew the effect it would have on him. Sure enough...

A deep pink blossomed along Barnaby's cheeks and flushed up to his ears and neck. He didn't respond at first, didn't look in Mars' direction, instead allowing his friend to step away and act oblivious to what he had just caused.

Hyper-focused on the display, Barnaby cleared his throat before continuing where he'd left off, "I think that collar really suits them. Let's get that one. And the leash."

Without turning his head, he glanced in Mars' and Pollux's direction and added, "We'll have to request them up front. Why don't we look at the toy section first though?" With that, Barnaby turned on his heel and made for the toy aisle.

He didn't immediately acknowledge what had said. Barnaby let it stew; fester, even. It pinballed around in his mind, plinking from one corner to another.

"I’m spoiled and greedy, and maybe I just want your attention all to myself.

Why hadn't he responded?

Honestly, once spoken aloud, it surprised Barnaby just how much he agreed with the sentiment.

He was greedy, too.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 5:57:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Of course Mars had known the effect it would have. Of course he had stepped closer and whispered those words knowing full well that they were likely to fluster Barnaby. Yes, true as every word may be, for the most part, he had spoken them because of the reaction they would cause, and admittedly, there’s something incredibly satisfying about seeing the bright pink hues that colour his friend’s cheeks when glancing in his direction. It’s adorable.
[break][break]
”Yeah, sounds good.” Both Mars and Pollux watch as Barnaby turns towards the toy section, and smiling to himself, the banker soon follows.
[break][break]
There’s chew toys that look way too elegant for what they are, plushies, balls, and so much more. Much of which Mars honestly has no idea what they might actually be for. Buying toys for his felines has always been much easier, since for the most part they’re content with a few scratching posts, balls, and anything that’s filled with ever-so-enticing catnip. Apparently, canines are much different.
[break][break]
”Well, you’re the expert, what do you think we should get?”
[break][break]
It may sound like he’s teasing, but he’s not. He trusts Barnaby’s opinion in ways he wouldn’t trust that of most people.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 3:59:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Barnaby surveyed the myriad toys before him with a discerning eye.

"Well, if we're starting from scratch we'll need to get quite a few." Okay, they didn't need to but Barnaby was in the habit of spoiling his favored Pokémon. Mars probably wouldn't judge... right?

"Something to chew." He plucked a small bone-like toy from the shelf; durable, but still malleable enough as to not break any of the young fox's teeth.

"Something to tug on. You'll have fun with this one, too, mon trésor." An elongated fabric STUNKY, devoid of stuffing, was selected from the options presented.

"And something to snuggle!" Here Barnaby giddily snatched a plush WOOLOO, about twice the size of a Pokemon Ball, from where it hung on a hook. Actually, he took two, one white one for Pollux and one black one for Castor.

Barnaby continued in this way until he'd filled up their entire hand basket. All necessary purchases, he assured Mars. Before concluding their trip, however, a section at the front of the store caught his attention.

It was an open-air pet salon, empty except for a FURFROU that looked in desperate need of a spa day.

"Oh, what about that, Martín?" He gestured to the aforementioned spa. "Could be a nice treat for the babies."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 13:15:09 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Toys after toys are selected, most of them with their reasoning as to why they’re so necessary and important. Mars doesn’t protest, he doesn’t raise a single complaint, even if he personally wouldn’t have bought nearly as much if he had come to the store all by himself. He’s not one to splurge when buying accessories for his pokémon, but he trusts Barnaby’s judgement, and truth be told, even if he’s well aware that not all these things are as necessary as his friend claims, Mars would still much rather let him choose whatever he wishes.
[break][break]
Why?
[break][break]
Well, simple enough: it’s cute seeing him put all this effort and thought into choosing toys for Pollux.
[break][break]
There’s also the fact that the Vulpix in question seems excited by each one, and that not fond of splurging on pokémon accessories as Mars may be, he’s not heartless enough not to be swayed by Pollux’s adorable vulpine ways.
[break][break]
Perhaps even enough to get the Vulpix a spa day.
[break][break]
The babies, huh?” He repeats Barnaby’s words with a teasing tone, a smirk inevitably tugging at his lips. If they leave the pokémon at the salon, what will they do meanwhile? Go shopping? That could be fun…
[break][break]
”Sure, why not? That means you get to spend time all alone with me while we wait. Are you sure this wasn’t your plan all along, Finch?” He winks at Barnaby then, ever teasing.

[break][break]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 0:54:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Yes, the babies." He repeated matter-of-factly. It was a term of endearment that he felt suited the offspring of both of their Pokémon. Besides, it was cute, and Barnaby liked cute things.

Glancing back toward , he couldn't help but think how cute Mars himself was being at the moment. Unrelentingly flirty and playful, as was their usual dynamic. Yet it felt more purposeful today, somehow.

For a moment Barnaby paused, thinking about how he wanted to respond, before the words inevitably came to him. A teasing smile on his lips, he retorted, "You caught me, del Mar."

Barnaby reached out a hand to interlock with Mars' own. "I'm spoiled and greedy, too, you know. You were right. I do want you all to myself."

He held his friend's gaze, giving the briefest of seconds for the words to sink in, before cutting to the next topic and dragging him to the front of the store. "Alright! Let's get these guys scheduled in for their spa treatment and check out up front."

With only the singular FURFROU in line, it likely wouldn't take the groomers long to get to their VULPIX. Still, it was time alone with that would be relished to the utmost.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
DIOSCURI
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 7:04:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: