Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 2:47:41 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Only the earliest customers wander down the streets of Slateport's Lower District in the late afternoon, enterprising individuals looking to head off long queues in front of food stalls and restaurants. Zev is used to the emptiness of Howling at the Moon at this hour. After two years, he's grown accustomed to the patterns of behavior in the city, the way it wakes and sleeps, the way it eats and hungers. The Lower District won't come alive until after sundown, affording him time to review the upcoming night's schedule and any pressing matters with the shift manager.

"It can't be helped if Lina is sick," Zev says to Pete, his manager for the night, sighing — because Zev knows it's normal to sigh at a minor inconvenience. His blue eyes scan the shift schedule one last time, checking for names that aren't there. Finally, he concludes, "Call Manny and tell him to cover. He said he needs the extra cash, so he won't refuse."

"Sure thing, Boss," Pete replies with a nod, taking the clipboard from Zev and noting the replacement in red pen. "And what about the late shipment of Circhester vodka?"

Zev smiles his most reassuring smile. The one he's practiced the most in front of the mirror. "Don't worry about that. I'll call the suppliers myself."

Pete smiles back, oblivious, relief washing over his features. "Thanks, Boss. I'll give Manny a call now."

He strides away, greeting the early shift's bartender as they pass each other. Alone now, Zev leans backward against the bar, taking in the establishment's interior, currently devoid of patrons, even though he's memorized every inch of it. Pale gray brick gives texture to the walls and contrasts starkly with the rich, dark wood, brown leather, and black metal of the furniture. The floor underfoot is a mottled white-gray. Everything within Howling exudes an industrial feeling, as if Zev and his staff had dragged all the trappings of a bar into an empty warehouse and set up shop. Which is mostly what had happened, anyway. But it is a cozy warehouse, with mood lighting and leather armchairs.

Zev nods to himself. Everything is in place. Good. Perfect, actually. As it should be.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 23:19:01 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it has been getting good reviews and the pics look stellar, so even if the drinks are bad we can still get trollied and I can blog about it" jack says to beau with a lighthearted chuckle as he pushes open the door to the bar. truth be told, howl at the moon was also jack's type of place - well kept but with the pretentiousness staved off by industrial decor. at first blush it feels young without being juvenile and mature without being stuffy and he likes it. watts crashes between jack's legs excitedly, his energetic tail whapping against the legs of his pants as the boltund surveys howling at the moon with a canine grin.
[break][break] jack scans the place, noting the plethora of empty seats and heads to the bar. that was the good thing about getting in early, having the pick of all the best spots and no wait for drinks. he stops at the bar and leans forward as the boltund does a continuous circuit around his legs, entertaining himself just by staying moving.

[break][break] "uh, any recommendations?" he asks the bartender with a sheepish glance at beau and the other man standing nearby. "i'm still not used to the drinks in hoenn."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[break][break] [break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#00FFFF; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote span img"] margin:2px 2px 2px 2px; border-radius:1px; align=center [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; padding-bottom:50px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 3:53:23 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

HEART AND SWOLE

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Beau grins in response to Jack's quip as they enter the bar, adjusting his backpack as he barks a laugh. "Hey, sounds like a plan to me - after all that mess on the beach, I'd say we earned a little reward!" He pauses at a low table near the bar, unshouldering his backpack and sitting it in a chair. Behind him, Chaos the Snubbull huffs into view, sidling past Beau's chosen chair to sit plaintively on the floor by the next chair over, gazing up at his trainer with watery eyes.
[break][break]
Beau obliges by pulling out the chair, murmuring, "Here you go, little brah." Chaos scampers into the seat of the second chair with a wheeze, licking his lips as Beau rummages about in his backpack. He comes up with what appears to be a large, jury-rigged water bottle, all blue steel and plastered with an enormous and slightly faded sticker that reads "DEWFORD STRONG". Placing the bottle on the table before Chaos, it becomes evident that the mouthpiece has been altered significantly, angled down rather than up and fitted with a valve that dispenses water for the parched canine when he moves up to lap at the opening.
[break][break]
Satisfied that Chaos is settled, Beau joins Jack at the bar, abashed bewilderment written across his features. "Don't look at me, dude," he offers to Jack with a wry smile. "Usually my bros order, I don't know anything about anything if it doesn't come in a bottle with a cap to pop off." He is, after all, one classy guy.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

Tagged:

Notes: PUTTING ON A FRONT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:500px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.2),rgba(5,5,5,.5));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:12px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5088b3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 12:12:41 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev turns his gaze to the door as the two customers enter. Newcomers, he notices immediately. He does not move from where leans even as they approach the bar, nor does he bother hiding his curious expression.

"Depends on what you like," the bartender, Milo, says in reply to the man who asked about drinks. "You look like a gin and tonic kind of guy. Maybe a beer for your friend?"

"Get them something a bit more refreshing than that, Milo," Zev chimes in smoothly, remembering to grin with nonchalant ease at the new customers. "They're new faces. We want them to come back to Howling, don't we?"

"An couple of old fashioneds, then."

While Milo starts fixing the drinks, Zev turns fully to face his customers. "I'm Zev," he says, placing a hand on his chest and extending his other one in a welcoming gesture, "the owner of this bar. Please, have a seat. Make yourselves comfortable."

The noise of the conversation — and of the Boltund and Snubbull — attract the attention of Zev's Rockruff, Luna. She emerges from behind the bar where she was previously napping. Though her ears perk up at the sight of the other two Pokémon, she lingers at Zev's side, obedient.

He smiles down at her. "Go on, say hello," he tells her, earning him a happy bark before she bounds toward the Boltund, sniffing at him with eagerness.

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 21:01:11 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack warmly clasps Zev's proferred hand, giving it a hearty shake even as Watts slaps his paws to the floor in a playful bow to the rockruff. "Pleased to meet you, Zev! My name's Jack." He glances down to his boltund, hoping that the excitement of meeting a new friend would not send him into a barking frenzy. "And that's Watts. He can be a little exuberant but he won't cause any trouble. Same story for my new mate Beau here," he says with a playful nudge of Beau's arm.

[break][break]With an obvious glance around the room before, Jack smiles. "This is an awesome place! The photos don't really do it justice. Do you mind if I write about it in my travel blog?" He steps away slightly, leaning against the bar casually with an eye on the boltund as he continuously jumps playfully around the rockruff.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 23:18:03 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau beams broadly as the two canine pokemon begin their playful introductions to one another. Gosh, dogs are the best. He turns his head briefly to glance at Chaos, seated at the table and lapping obligingly from his water bottle. The Snubbull casts a deadpan stare at Beau and lifts an eyebrow in silent challenge, but Beau merely mouths Love you, brah! before turning back to the others.
[break][break]
"Oh, yeah, good to meet you, brah!" he enthuses, giving the man a handshake that might be just a little overtight in his exuberance. "This is super rad, I didn't even know you were set up over here!"
[break][break]
As Jack inquires about the viability of featuring the bar in one of his blogs, Beau turns his attention to Milo the bartender, though his expression goes from wide-eyed excitement to wider-eyed bewilderment in a snap. "Whoa, uh, that seems like a lot of work for a drink - dude, did you just flip that in the air?"
[break][break]
On the hunt for information, as his sense of knowing precisely how to dig for motives hidden from him has never failed him, he rounds on Zev suddenly, puffing out his chest as he regards the other man with narrowed eyes and laser focus. Just by watching the bartender, he now knows what's -really- going on here, and he's about to blow it wide open for his new friend Jack to blog about and make sure EVERYONE finds out.
[break][break]
"This is some kind of FANCY bar, isn't it?"

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:500px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.2),rgba(5,5,5,.5));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:12px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:10px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 0:32:02 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev's eyebrows rise at Jack's inquiry. "A travel blog?" Zev echoes, amused. "I don't mind at all. In fact, why don't you write down the link for me?" He reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a small notepad, then reaches across the bar for a spare pen. He hands both of these to Jack. "And if you need photos for your post, please, feel free to take as many as you need."

Then Beau exclaims something that should be rather obvious. Zev stares at the younger man with incredulity for a second, allowing him precious time to realize it's probably a joke and he should laugh. Zev settles for a chuckle.

"It can be as fancy or as humble as you like," he explains to Beau, just as Milo finishes making both drinks and slides them toward their customers. Zev gestures to the two glasses, each one filled with amber-colored liquor, bitters, sugary syrup, a curling sliver of orange peel, and two bright red cherries. "For example, here we have old fashioneds mixed with whiskey from the Lava Ridge Distillery on Mount Chimney. It's run by an elderly man and his daughter, and the distillery has been in their family for generations. Their whiskey is highly sought after and can cost quite a sum, but the taste is so smooth, it goes down without burning. There's an earthy smokiness to it, too, probably from proximity to the volcano." Zev inclines his head toward the drinks. "Please, try it. This one's on the house."

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 18:37:19 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Scribbling down the link to his blog on the notepad, Jack glances over at Beau with one eyebrow up. Uncertain on how to respond, he settles for a solemn nod to the man. "Yes, I'll certainly have to note to my readers that this is, in fact, one of those fancy bars," he smiles to Zev as he passes the notepad back.

Before reaching for the drink, he snaps a surreptitious photo of the beautiful concoction, making sure to angle it to show up the elegant curves of the orange garnish. He listens respectfully before taking a sip of the of the old fashioned, envisioning what the distillery must look like as the smokey taste rolled across his tongue, slightly softened by the inclusion of the sugar. As Zev's words soak in, especially about the costliness of the whiskey, a warm flush rolls across his nose and cheeks - partially from the liquor and partially from embarrassment. He probably should have asked about prices beforehand.

"Thanks for the drink, sir. I'll be sure to share the story of its high-quality ingredients and Milo's master mixology," he smiles reassuringly to Zev. Turning to Beau with interest, he asks "What do you think, mate?"

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 2:51:13 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau blinks at Zev's offer, canting his head to the side slightly, a bemused smile turning up the corners of his mouth. "Thanks, dude! I gotta admit, I dunno the first thing about drinks like this, and I've never been in a place this, uh, stylish before. My bros usually hit the Rowdy Rhyhorn a few blocks over, but I haven't had the time to do much recreationing lately. Life, y'know?"
[break][break]
He shoots Zev a commiserating glance before picking up the proffered glass, peering at it as though it's some entirely foreign object. "So do I, like-" he trails off, eyeing the garnishes before carefully nudging them out of the way with one finger. Out of the corner of his eye - and likely not as surreptitiously as he intends - he watches Jack take a sip of the drink before mimicking the motion.
[break][break]
The flavor blossoms across his palate, rich and robust yet clean, the sting of the alcohol present but not unpleasantly so before it evaporates entirely. Voicing a small exclamation of surprise, he takes another sip almost immediately, rolling the liquor on his tongue before he swallows.
[break][break]
His eyebrows shoot up in disbelief, and his gaze flits between Jack and Zev both, betrayed. "BRAH," he enunciates flatly. "Are you telling me all the fancy bars have drinks like this? This is, like, the best thing I ever put in my mouth." He pauses to consider, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Well, maybe second-best, but it's close."
[break][break]
He eyes the two men regarding him anticipatorily with an almost nervous energy before turning his back to them. His broad shoulders mask his actions, but it's only a matter of half a moment before he turns back, placing his empty glass on the bartop in front of Milo and offering a cheery laugh, decidedly more rosy-cheeked. "Can I get another one?" he asks the impassive bartender irreverently. "I'll pay, promise!

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 16:09:42 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Is this guy for real? Zev wonders as he watches Beau, but outwardly, he chuckles with amusement as the bartender takes the used glass away and prepares a second old fashioned with a new one.

"At Howling, we can promise a drink for every occasion and every person's palate," Zev explains to his two customers. "If you want fancy liquor, you got it. If you want a beer, we have an assortment on tap, from your usual, cheap fare to artisanal craft brews. And we have a menu if you're feeling hungry."

He grabs a thin black menu from a nearby pile and hands it to Jack, deciding that the blogger was likely the more intelligent of the pair. The two-page booklet boasts a variety of bar food, from standard fare (such as fried Octillery with sweet chili sauce, and barbecue Farfetch'd wings with fries) to cuisine local to Hoenn (like minced Mareep dumplings and a sampler of different fish Pokémon, sliced thin and served raw on a bed of shredded radish).

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 19:20:35 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack snaps a photo of the menu for later review when he gets around to writing his blog post. This place must be fancier than I thought if it has farfetch'd on the menu, given how rare they are, he thinks to himself as he places the menu back on the bar. With a sidelong glance at Beau, he gently closes the menu - best not to overwhelm him with too much fanciness at once.

"You good there, mate?" he asks Beau with a kind smile, "I don't have the upper body strength to carry you home if you get plastered."

Savoring another sip of the bevvy, Jack leans back and takes in the scene: the snubbull sitting at the table, the boltund and rockruff playing near the bar, his new friend joyfully enjoying a posh cocktail, and the bar owner kindly explaining what Howling at the Moon had to offer. He snapps another quick photo, suspecting that the scene was meant for his personal photo album rather than a blog post.

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 22:47:57 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau accepts the second old-fashioned with a grateful nod, resigning himself to a sip of this one as he cradles the glass carefully in his large hands, as though it might break at any given moment. At Jack's comment, he offers a broad grin, shaking his head proudly. "Nah, brah, it takes more than this to take me out! I was the keg stand champ of my frat, y'know?" He pumps his fist self-righteously, then comically recalls he's holding a very expensive drink in his hand and quickly goes back to carefully cradling it with both hands to prevent sloshing.
[break][break]
Chaos looks on from the table with curiosity, dropping to the floor and shuffling over to Beau's feet with a wheezing cough, glancing up at the gathered trio with watery eyes. His gaze then drops to the Rockruff and Boltund, and he tilts his head backward imperiously, offering another anemic snort.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,678 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2022 23:41:50 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
When the Snubbull joins the Boltund and Rockruff on the floor, Luna yips at him happily and drops into a play bow, her tail wagging. When Chaos only stares back at her, Luna stands up and tilts her head at him, confused.

"Leave him alone if he doesn't want to play, Luna," Zev says with a laugh, seeing their interaction. The Rockruff looks back at her master and returns to his side, tail wagging and tongue lolling out of her mouth. He squats next to her and scratches the spot behind her ear he knows she likes.

The sound of the door opening as another customer enters and Zev looks up with a smile. "Welcome to Howling," he says to the middle-aged man dressed in a tailored suit and tie. He stands to his full height as the unfamiliar patron approaches, briefcase in hand.

"Hello. I'm here to speak with Mr. Harcourt about a business proposition."

Ah. I see. Zev continues to smile as if the sudden understanding hadn't occurred. "Of course, sir. I'm Zev Harcourt," he introduces himself. Then he turns to Jack and Beau. "Gentlemen," he says to them, "it was great meeting you and I hope to see you back at Howling another night. Have a great evening." Then, turning once more to the newest visitor, Zev says, "If you'll please follow me, we can talk in the back."

With Luna at his side, the black-haired man leads the way into a corridor at the back of the main bar area, past the bathrooms on the right and another entrance to the kitchen on the left. They enter a door marked "Private" and emerge in a smaller chamber decorated very much like the front of the bar, yet containing only a single rectangular table and six wooden chairs at its center. Zev sits in the chair at the head of the table, the one nearest to the back wall.

In the dim lighting of this room, the smile vanishes from his face, replaced with an expression of cold callousness. His blue eyes are pale chips of ice. They scrutinize the older man even as he sits across from Zev and places his briefcase flat on the table.

"So," Zev says in a harsh voice very different from the one he used with Jack and Beau, "who does Team Rocket want killed this time?"

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 0:11:55 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack nods politely to Zev as he turns away for his business meeting. Now bereft of his rockruff playmate, Watts sits next to the bar, his tail thumping rhythmically against the base of a barstool. Turning to Milo, he orders another (cheaper) cocktail to keep up with Beau and another water for the boltund. Taking a drink in each, he settles in at the bar with a contented smile. Truth be told, it had been so isolating moving away from home and everything he knew to live in Hoenn. Even with his blog, likes on a PC can't go out for a drink at a posh bar with you.

"We in this for the long haul tonight or are we done after this round?" he asks his new friend, "Either way, I'm happy we decided to come here."

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
Howling at the Moon [M]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 1:11:42 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

HEART AND SWOLE

Beau leans down to scritch Chaos's ears with one hand, his other bringing the drink up for another sip almost automatically. Straightening, he turns his head as the door opens, regarding the newly-arrived man with mild interest. Huh, must -really- be a fancy bar. He lifts his glass to Zev in a salute, nodding brightly. "Later, brah! Thanks for the drinks!"
[break][break]
Grinning, he clambers onto a stool next to Jack, elbowing the other man in the side playfully. "I don't have anywhere I gotta be, do you?" he inquires reasonably, as Chaos approaches Watts with some suspicion. At length, the Snubbull gives a hoarse grumble of approval, turning around in circles before curling up on the floor pressed against the Boltund's flank.
[break][break]
Beau moves his glass to clink against Jack's, laughing. "If you wanna see if you can keep up with me, go for it. My place isn't too far from here, we can get a cab if we need to, and besides, I gotta hear more about Galar. What's it like in Ballonlea?" He relaxes for an evening of conversation and good company, kicking his feet impatiently as he lets the slow buzz of the bar settle in around him.

Tagged:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES