awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2022 1:20:31 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Gathered on the beach for quite some time already, the two sent to deal with the situation arrived to find another round of rituals in order. Their efforts managed to force the water of the shoreline to recede quite a bit already, and if nobody stopped them, well... There was no telling just how far they'd get. Though Derek had his doubts that they could actually dry the sea. Not without the help of Groudon, at least.

With Jonesy at his side, the gym leader points out the ringleader of the cultists trying desperately to please what they essentially viewed as their god. A quick water gun shoots out towards them, knocking the individual over and bringing an abrupt pause to the ceremony.

"Yeah, I figured that'd piss them off. Your turn."

Gesturing to , he wondered to see what their choice of pokemon would be as the cultists sent out a plethora of fire and ground type pokemon.
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 1:50:10 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Paxton is intent on observing the cultists, making small notes in a little notebook for his incident report. Their appearance in this many numbers is strange, and while alarming no doubt due to the incident with Necrozma and the Meteor. Desperation was gripping Hoenn, and the LEague was doing it's best to assuage fears amongst a gang that was hell bent on upending them. [break][break]

"Fuckin' weirdos." he huffed before nodding over at Derek. "You got this, Hooke!" he said as the Torterra moved into view, eyes locked on the Groundon cultists. As soon as he's closed enough, the Torterra somehow popped both its front feet off the ground up high and slammed them down causing a massive EARTHQUAKE to rumble and rip the beach. Sand easily shifted and rearranging against the seismic waves. [break][break]

As they fell over themselves and began a counterattack, the grass type shot out multiple seedlings for LEECH SEED as they approached him. "We're taking some in for custody right? Or just scaring them off?" he asked his partner.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 20:15:11 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, but not too many." Whoever wasn't incarcerated by the end of this would be free to scurry back into the gutters they called home—spreading the message of how a mere two trainers mopped the beach with them.

Reflexively grabbing another pokeball, Jonesy leaps down from it's trainer's shoulder and begins to perform a RAIN DANCE as the ally enters the battle.

The Gyarados that rushes out from the confines of it's pokeball is quick to act when Derek makes demands of it. "Azirim, use your HURRICANE!" As the earthquake disoriented the cultists and much more, they'd soon find themselves unable to flee from the raging winds. Throwing sand in their eyes, and even causing them to be tossed into each-other at high speed, both them and their pokemon struggled to resist the dual disasters.

There was one of them in particular whose pokemon managed a fighting chance. Unleashing their GOLURK, it disappeared without much of a trace before re-appearing behind Paxton and his pokemon. If nothing was done to prevent it, a PHANTOM FORCE would be successfully executed on the Torterra they had fielded. "Watch out!"
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 0:28:49 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Right, right...just the really loud one then." he replied pointing at a particularly loud Groudon cultist new the center of this bizarre ritual. "Let's grab their den mother." he added. He didn't seem bothered at all by the sudden downpour, merely casting a glance at Jonesy before watching the Gyarados in action. [break][break]

His eyes move to the side checking for any civilian stragglers, or more than likely, the direction cultist may start fleeing in. Now, without the element of surprise, those that could began releasing their pokemon. Summoning Golurk and Marowaks, both ghost types intent on defending the delegation. Hooke is too slow to turn back so Paxton simply shouted, "Focus on keeping up the pressure. Corner them!" Just as he said that the Torterra used WITHDRAW, blocking some of the Golurk's attack but not quite fast enough to deflect it. He let out a strained grunt. Once settled, he popped back out before blasting a LEAF STORM at point blank hoping to push the ghost back. [break][break]

As he does, a trio of Marowak push forward. Two normal move to begin a combination ROCK SLIDE on Derek and his team, while the Alolan moved towards Hooke with a FIRE PUNCH.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 21:45:35 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Sure thing." Derek mouths as he watches the Marowak coming forward with a series of ROCK SLIDE. They don't seem to think so, but they're clearly outmatched. As Pax's pokemon deals with them in one manner, another manifests to bring them down.

The Gyarados lets out an empowered HYDRO PUMP that sends itself and the rocks back to the sender, wiping them out and creating an opening. One that he looked for Pax to capitalize on. In the meantime, Jonesy wandered to their flank to deliver another WATER GUN, distracting from whatever the Torterra and it's trainer opted to do next.
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 5:09:11 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

As Derek marks the opening, Paxton lets out another pokemon for the assist. "Altan, capture their leader." he instructed, pointing to the man currently giving orders. The cult leader arrogantly had his hands up to the sky chanting something or other about Groundon. [break][break]

While Hooke recoiled from the FIRE PUNCH. However, a quick SYNTHESIS is enough to perk him up. He then used BITE, sharp mouth latching onto a squirming ghost and attempting to very slowly ragdoll it. As he did, the Solrock rushed in, blasting a pair of Nidoqueen and Nidoking with SOLAR BEAM as they moved in to block Altan form reaching his target. "Keep the pressure on!" Paxton shouted, as a Gliscor, accompanied by a Flygon flew out of the ring to try to pick off Jonesy, the smaller and more annoying pokemon of the whole bunch.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 12:28:56 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Jonesy runs away from the duo of pokemon whose approach is imminent, able to dodge both the Sobble's WATER GUN as well as the Gyarados' SCALE SHOT. Quick on the uptake, Derek already had a hand fixing for one of his other pokeballs to unleash another powerful piece to the field.

"Xol, let'em have it!"

The steel leviathan creaked and groaned as it's stature rose, a simple flicking motion of it's tail calling for the shadow wisps that it commanded as if they were an extension of itself. That power manifested into a SHADOW RAVE, striking down every last one of the opposition and allowing them to get on with their job.

Returning all of his pokemon but Jonesy, the two of them approach Paxton and his pokemon, who've managed to apprehend the leader of these fanatics. "Kind of crazy, isn't it? People going to all this trouble to expand the land for Groudon. Or the sea for Kyogre."

It all seemed a bit nonsensical. But humanity was fucked up like that, wasn't it?
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 22:11:00 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Xol's attack is enough to knock the cultists on their feet. Altan hovered threateningly over the leader while Hooke lumbered over to add to the threat. Paxton himself was already slapping cuffs on the cultist, not interested in the small fry. More than likely they had a ledger of the whole group anyway. [break][break]

"Desperation can make you do crazy shit." Paxton replied with a shrug. It wasn't like any of these efforts would do much. All these pokemon gathered and still barely a dent in the waves or land mass. Truly, creating continents was only a task Groudon itself could accomplish. And even then, it must've been a massive strain for a thing that went dormant eons ago, right? [break][break]

"Whatever the case, my money's on bankruptcy and money laundering to be the source of this cult." he said with a callous laugh. Get rich quick scams and giant egos often found themselves amongst cult origin stories. "You ok?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 1:45:04 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Oh, I'll be fine." As opposed to the cultists, Derek was more worried about his Steelix, had he left it roam unchecked. The gym leader was still getting the reigns around that one...

"Just gotta head back and get our payment. Oh, and get them in a cell." That was the most important part for the region, but money was the real incentive behind all this. He had some plans for the future, should Hoenn make it past the meteor event. Things that would require a fair bit of dough.

"After that I guess I need to figure out what I am making for dinner." Not only would his pokemon be hungry, but even Derek was starting to feel an intense craving for something. "You?"
| 5 OF 5 MISSIONS POSTS
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
deputy director
awards
1,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 3:47:23 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He nodded, gesturing to his team as they dragged semi conscious cultists with them. They didn't have too much to travel. Maybe he should've brought a car or something with them. Oh well. "Take out for me." he announced with a snort. He's in no state to cook, and hasn't been for quite some time. [break][break]

"That or leftovers. Work just had a pot luck, and I got to take home some really good mashed potatoes." he added. He's casual despite his team's handling of the apprehended criminals. Paxton's used to this sort of thing. "Good working with you." he added as the finally headed out to close out their mission.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
baywatch [m]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 4:46:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: