TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 16:27:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

DAY 1 // THE FIRST VISITOR

TEAM ROCKET TRULY DOES THEIR WORST.

the brute strength of their MONSTER TRIO push him to his very limits. the coordination of , , and break him down in ways unforeseen. rocket has power and that power renders him defenseless and unable.

there, in his moment of weakness, the machination of and go to work. they scalp and cut, careful to make sure each incision bleeds his pride and mental state just as much as it does his cells and tissue. they sever tapu fini and pluck out his eye.

but fernando is not one to be outdone. he goes above and beyond.

the pain is immeasurable. at a certain point he goes numb. and in that pocket of safety, he mutilates himself in a way that would make salivate with envy.

all reversible. nothing crippling or irreparable with time. but a story is told on the canvas of his body. one that goes beyond just rocket’s revenge.

an attempt to sever all his tendons. cuts that look like they were going to experiment on him while he’s alive. every dirty trick that fernando can fantasize about exacting on them, he does to himself.

and only then is he discovered.

lilycove’s hospital does their best and the councilman is slated to recover. in what state, they’re uncertain, but they patch him up until his condition is stable. hours pass. pokemon faint in exhaustion while surgeons heave after stitching up what seems to be a torn apart doll.

he’s cleared to rest.

but fernando doesn’t sleep.

he can still feel the gnawing inside his empty eye socket.

there is work to be done.

the thought echoes within his head throughout the night until a nurse barges in on his self reflection.

an exasperated sigh encapsulates his fatigue in a single sound and he almost passes out there on the spot. his head lies on the pillow and his one good eye barely stays open.

you have a visitor.

he can barely nod to let them in.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 22:53:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the woman that steps into the hospital room is not the one he's familiar with.

a new facet to the concept of illeana reyes stands beneath fluorescent lights, hair almost matching the walls. and perhaps, in a different setting, she might almost look close to her counterpart. the gleam in her eyes is quickly learning to mirror a doppelganger, sharpened until it matches the instruments used to cut him open.

she stays quiet at first. observing, taking it all in: him laying almost completely still as machines beep life into the room.

and it's odd... somehow, she feels nothing.

there's an expectation given the personal nature of their relationship. she should feel something, anything. and yet, all that comes is a deeply seated rage.

"councilman."

a single word slices through like a knife. it's flat, cold, detached.

she's had a lot of time to think about this, about him. two weeks in a cell with nothing but three walls and metal bars to talk to means she's practiced her side. it's locked and loaded into the mind, a round of bullets sitting in a magazine.

and with her finger on the trigger, she's finally ready to bring the inevitable: the fracturing of their fragile agreement.

it took two, almost three years for the realization to dawn. once it did... there was no denying it any longer.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 23:28:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

WHATEVER HAPPENED IN SOOTOPOLIS remains a mystery. he’s heard hushes whispers and the chattering of news on the television. but the actual events that have transpired elude him as he focuses on the one thing more important than the region.

himself.

his open stretches open and he says nothing. sinks her in from a distance. she’s here. alive. which means that whatever happened in sootopolis couldn’t have been that bad.

if she wasn’t present, then it wasn’t world ending.

if she was, then she made it out alive.

that in itself is good enough to bring a smile to his face.

it hurts to curl his lips. he winces even. but the shell is broken in favor of his favorite tool.

what’s a little pain in the face of an investment.

reyes.

he coughs right after. clears his throat as his body writhes in self immolated pain.

i’m glad you’re okay.

which is ironic considering their positions.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 23:39:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the events of sootopolis have been repressed for the time being. they'll resurface as nightmares, as bits and pieces of trauma and blood splattering across her face.

for now, they lie dormant just as he does in this hospital bed... patiently waiting to be freed.

she doesn't react to his smile, to the rarity of genuine expression. it looks out of place here, as if it doesn't belong anymore.

her last name makes jagged scar tissue along the back crawl with the irritating sensation of life.

and as he coughs, she stares down at him. her eyes narrow with the following sentence. neutrality becomes a coiled snake, tail rattling out a warning sign.

"okay from what?"

and so it begins...

"sootopolis or rocket?"

irony persists.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 23:46:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

“IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED IN SOOTOPOLIS?”

a sigh oozes from cracked ribs and a damaged diaphragm. it all leads back to the sole cause.

the truth in her question goes above his head. he’s oblivious. thinking her attributing the DARKEST DAY to rocket rather than an unsent email remains in someone’s draft folder.

tapu fini must have been the last thing they needed to complete their super weapon.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 23:54:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]stress fractures weaken the foundation of her expression. irritation slowly begins to show itself as her lips curl downward.

he cannot be fucking serious...

"no, it's not."

the darkest day is left behind in favor of her own selfish tantrum. it's insignificant at this time, an afterthought in the face of perceived betrayal.

her frown deepens and there's a slow rage rising in a red stare.

"super weapon?" confusion settles for a moment before she's barely holding back a scoff. "i don't know what you're talking about."

whatever it is, she's blind to it. the rose colored glasses have been abandoned where he's concerned.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:05:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

“WERE YOU NOT IN SOOTOPOLIS?”

her confusion proves infectious. but there is no annoyance or rage in his portrayal. just a probing look that tries to make sense of everything. what he lack in health comes deprived time and information. he’s blind in more than just his eye.

i hear the nurses talking about it. something in sootopolis?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:09:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she tries to resist the urge to sneer at him.

it works... for the most part, anyway.

"i was."

she raises her chin a little, aims, and fires away.

"i was also in a rocket cell for two weeks."

the smile that rises is hollow, mocking.

"or did you not notice?"

the root of the problem is simple: her assuming she meant more to him than being a tool.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:13:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

“WHEN.”

his face defaults to the same one that stalks league halls. no longer is this a conversation where he allows her the pantomime of steel walls and a stone interior.

now is a time for business. and when it comes to illeana, someone he’s invested so much into, he relies on his inner silph.

you never told me this.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:21:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]when.

she scowls.

"may."

and somewhere along the way, she's come to learn a few things about the people around her. who knew sitting in a cell for two weeks would bring such a revelation?

"i shouldn't have to tell you." she steps closer, keen on looking down at him. it's a vantage point she's never had before. usually... he's the one on the prowl. "it shouldn't take me telling you to notice i was gone."

at first, she had been devastated over the concept. there was a sadness haunting her day in and day out. and eventually, it evolved into anger. the following weeks after her rescue at the hands of resulted in this, in her exploding on a man not worthy of the two years spent at his side.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:30:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

MAY.

two weeks at some undisclosed point in may. that’s not long. not far off by any means. which means this is fresh. emboldened by relevancy.

there are three options, he decides then and there: apologize, counter back, or dig further.

the safest is to apologize. which he leads off with.

i’m sorry, reyes.

his eyes lower ever so slightly.

i didn’t know.

a pause.

i should have.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:37:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the apology means little.

she's still scorned, still on a rampage and the path leads further and further away from him.

"are you?"

her eyes grow accusatory.

"sorry doesn't change shit, fernando." his name dissolves into biting anger.

she's well aware that she could have told him, could have run to him after everything. and yet, she didn't... she's not sure if that speaks more of her or him.

"i find it hard to believe you had no idea." then again, she believed she could be more to him than she actually was.

perhaps, in the end, they were both wrong.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:42:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

“…”

fernando wriggles in place. it’s uncomfortable but so is the conversation. he can see where she’s going well before she gets there. his vision might be blurred but his mind is sharp.

his mind is tired.

and where the safe option, to apologize, fails, it stirs him in the other direction.

do you really want to do this, reyes? right now? right here?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:50:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]does she actually want to do this?

yes... she does.

the scowl continues to fester and with it, the jumbled emotions behind her attack increase in intensity.

"absolutely."

deep down, she knows she won't have the audacity again. time is ticking and eventually, her anger will settle. for now, it roots into her bones and stays fed by an endless stream of spiraling thoughts.

"would you prefer i didn't bring it up and just left you here?" she wouldn't but... it's an option. the safest option for him, perhaps.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
NADIR
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2022 0:55:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

NADIR

“NO, NO.” her mind is made. she’s accepted. and there will be no backing out now. not unless she submits and walks away on her own accord. but to do so would be to admit fault. to recognize her loss and acknowledge that she’s nothing short of asinine.

she’s won’t.

he knows this because he knows her. knows all of them. spoiled children that need to be reminded where they stand.

as their father, as their better, fernando will deliver.

spare the proverbial rod, spoil the child.

you’re right, illeana. sorry doesn’t mean shit.

she triggers his trap card and his accusation mirrors her own.

so where were you?