Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 2:48:51 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
She shouldn't have let him in. [break][break]

She shouldn't have let him see her, today, of all days.[break][break]

There had been no expectation in her that Bee would turn around; crying, for her, had always been an act of solitude. Seeking comfort was a luxury she had long been denied, and in the year since her emancipation, she had continued to deny it in herself. [break][break]

Grief was meant to be a private act, one that Elisabeth had witnessed on garish public display at many funerals as she stood to the side, offering the dignified vigil of peace lilies and chrysanthemums. Like the flowers she provided, she preferred the stoicism of her own silence.[break][break]

So when Bee faced her, his voice lowered as he took responsibility for the faults she knew were her own, she shrank slightly at his approach. Shame coursed through her at being viewed in such a weak moment, which swiftly shifted to bitterness and resentment.[break][break]

"I didn't ask you to stay," she blurted out at last, the statement almost accusing in its sharpness.[break][break]

Somehow, the pride and indignation in her words was enough to ground her again in this time and place, even as she took the hand she denied needing to arise from her place upon the floor and join him on the couch. Her skirt had tangled in on itself; her hair had fallen into disarray; her face was flushed and wet.[break][break]

What did he expect from her, in this moment? What performative vulnerability was she meant to engage in?[break][break]

Once more she rested her face in her hands, but now out of nothing more than an aching weariness that permeated her very bones.[break][break]

"...Why did you, then?" she asked finally, voice hoarse and drained of all bite as she tilted her head towards him. "Why did you come here at all?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 2:15:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He was tired. So, so tired.

Whatever adrenaline or spark of infinite energy that had pushed him through his earlier actions had long since run its course. 's sharpness and indignation were met with hollow, extinguished eyes. Gone was the puckish friend who so loved to tease and skirt her boundaries. was a man undone.

It was not something he could hide any longer. Not in this situation where they'd both clawed at the other's iron exterior and laid bare the vulnerability within. There was no point in playing coy anymore. Barnaby was too tired to muster the wit. So what came from his lips were words stripped of his usual deflection - they were raw and unsettlingly honest.

"To distract myself."

It had only been a few days since the events at Sootopolis, where NECROZMA had wreaked so much havoc. Could she see those haunting memories reflected in his haggard stare?

"... I've had difficulty sleeping lately." He added on a shaky breath.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 2:28:36 GMT
[nospaces]
Something in his choice of words stung. "A distraction," Elisabeth repeated with dry, bitter amusement. "Yes. I'm good for those, I think."[break][break]

Usually by her own choice. Now, however, that preference felt like an insult he'd unknowingly thrown at her.[break][break]

Yet when she looked at him, there was no cunning or cruelty in his admission. His was an honesty that seemed foreign to her understanding of the man; those who lived behind walls understood another fortress when they saw one.[break][break]

Her offense dissipated with this discovery in him, replaced by a quiet curiosity that presented in the way she spoke next: soft, hesitant with uncertainty. A hand almost reached to steady his, only to shyly retreat back to her lap.[break][break]

"I can understand that. My nights have rarely been pleasant ones. I have looked for distractions, too, when I can find them."[break][break]

In worse places than this one, if Elisabeth were to be honest with herself.[break][break]

With worse people than him.[break][break]

"The world has turned upside-down, hasn't it?" [break][break]

Meteors. Necrozma. Sootopolis.[break][break]

Galar.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 0:57:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He noticed her change in demeanor, but did not comment on it. appeared as a wildcat momentarily pacified after a fright from a scarecrow; hackles flattened, eyes unsure. An olive branch was extended, though, and Barnaby accepted without hesitation.

There was no point in deceiving her any longer, after all. His front was gone; what remained was purely , not Bee, as she knew him. Here he spoke with an honesty and openness that she hadn't ever been privy to in the past.

"Perhaps we have more in common than I thought, Elisa." He observed softly. What sorts of monstrous specters haunted her dreams? Were they the same as his?

"The world has turned upside-down, hasn't it?"

"That it has." A dry laugh escaped, dark and cynical.

He knew exactly what she was referencing, but had no desire to discuss it. Barnaby had come here for a distraction, and a distraction is what he still wanted. To that end...

"... How did it happen?" He asked, his stony gaze falling to her scarred thigh.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 1:46:24 GMT
[nospaces]
TW: Violence & Body Horror.
[break][break]

She hunched and bristled like the very wildcat he imagined her to be, the skin on the back of her neck prickling with the chill of discomfort. A hand strayed uncertainly to her thigh as he named its ugliness aloud, covering the exposed flesh with her wrinkled skirt. Her gaze clouded over and her lips fused shut, the answer sealed behind them hesitant to be given voice.[break][break]

How much did they have in common, really?[break][break]

The day she'd kissed Bee in the Petalburg Woods, Elisabeth had lost herself to the mystery of him. She'd let herself succumb to the unknown danger of a man without a history and with only a single name. On that spring day, she'd shed her own wolfish pelt to reveal a lamb's fleece, out of a desire for him to... well, to what?[break][break]

To protect and cherish that vulnerability? To tear it carelessly apart with claws and teeth? [break][break]

She didn't know, and now, she never would.[break][break]

Ultimately, she'd allowed him the opportunity for neither. Caution had pulled her back from that tempting precipice.[break][break][break]

"I was born a wolf. I didn't have a choice."
[break][break]

It had been this confession of his, in the end, that had lowered her walls to him. Maybe she envied him that birthright, to some degree: to have never been a sheep raised for the slaughter. Wolves protected their own. They learned early on what it meant to growl and bare fangs.[break][break]

What Elisabeth hadn't considered was that the wolves were born without choices, too. Despite their bite, they were trapped in a cage, just as she had once been.[break][break]

In that way, they understood one another.[break][break]

With this realisation, the inner locks in her mind loosened their chains, and her lips parted with a single, unsteady breath.[break][break]

"My husband's family raised Emboars for generations. Though they are proud, they are loyal and obedient creatures."[break][break]

The answer was soft and hushed as a whisper, tentatively eroding the silence that had settled itself between them. Her flat words lacked an emotional undercurrent entirely. She was reciting something that had played out many times in her own mind, in late nights tossing and turning in her own bed, held captive to the theater of a past that refused to relent its hold over her. [break][break]

Smoke gathered and burned in her lungs; her ears stung with futile curses that spit like venom from her own lips; rough hands held her jerking body in place as she withstood a pain beyond her wildest imagining, all while coal-black eyes ensured she endured it. [break][break]

The way her voice tore from her own throat that day screamed of something inhuman, disembodied in its terror, as her vision blacked out from the sheer unending waves of agony.[break][break]

Her eyes closed, then slowly opened to meet Bee's stare. When Elisabeth spoke next, the explanation fell with all the dispassionate grace of a guillotine.[break][break]

"I was neither loyal nor obedient. Still, I was proud."
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 21:33:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
His gaze remained steady on her, even as she swept the fabric of her skirt over her scarred thigh. It was a pointless act; Barnaby was now already aware of this particular vulnerability. The question was - would she delve into the intricacies of its origin? How much of herself would she reveal to him?

Slowly, the curtain began to rise.

remembered well the emblem of Édouard Bortiforte’s company: a golden EMBOAR whose gilded flames spilled over a circular border. It came as no surprise that the man had one of his own. But to use it against his wife…

Fire was a weapon Barnaby was intimately familiar with. A tool he’d used many times in service to ROCKET - to scare, to intimidate, to torture. He was known for it, even, especially back in Kalos. The searing, iron-hot pain of an untempered flame was an effective means to an end.

… but not something he would use to scar a loved one. Not his wife, his partner in life. ’s admission painted a gruesome picture of a marriage marred by abuse. It explained her reaction in the woods all those months ago, too. In the flickering firelight the pale lines on Barnaby’s arms glistened like the fine filaments of a spiderweb; remnants of a deep-seated yet valid terror.

No amount of pride is deserving of such a despicable act.” Not towards one’s spouse, of all things.

Where to go from here? What to say? Barnaby parsed through typical apologetic statements in his mind.

I’m sorry that happened to you.

How dare he do that to you.

You deserved better than that vile bastard.

Eventually, he settled on a more decisive opinion.

I’m glad he’s dead.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 23:52:25 GMT
[nospaces]
TW: Allusions to Domestic Abuse & Psychological Abuse.
[break][break]

Where his stare remained steady, her own fell to the abandoned wine glasses of champagne. Something about the sight of that pale, glittering liquid invoked a sudden nausea in her, and she swallowed back the bile rising in her throat. [break][break]

The acidity of her own contempt still lingered and burned.[break][break]

“No amount of pride is deserving of such a despicable act.”[break][break]

She almost laughed. How much simpler it'd be, to believe him. To blame everything on a dead man, and absolve herself of her own sins.[break][break]

"You knew who I was, the day we met," Elisabeth said instead. The words came out monotone, resigned. "You knew I was Lisa Bortiforte, the so-called Black Widow of Kalos."[break][break]

That reminder had been the confirmation she'd needed that she could not hide in Hoenn. No matter how far she ran, the shadows of her past would dance after her; no matter how long her husband's body rotted beneath the earth, the scars he'd left on her remained. [break][break]

Not only the scars that Bee had found on her skin, but the briars that had long ago embedded their thorns deeply in her psyche.[break][break]

Elisabeth could pretend to be a woman who had not been tarnished by the past decade. She could tend to her flower shop, wearing the disguise of a kind-hearted person who was worthy of friendship, of love, of happiness.[break][break]

It was a fantasy she indulged in, but it was not one she deserved.[break][break]

"Everything they said about me in Kalos is true, Bee."[break][break]

Kalosian journalists had smeared her name on front page stories, their versions of her changing over the years. [break][break]

First she had been the cunning woman who'd entrapped a powerful man for his money and status, while paradoxically, a naïve young woman incapable of keeping her head above water amidst the sharks of the elite. [break][break]

By the time Elisabeth learned how to survive those open waters, the papers had named her as cruel and cold-blooded as the rest of her peers. With no allies to defend her, she became a distant and unapproachable figure: someone resented, disdained, and loathed.[break][break]

She'd dared to have the courage to tell the press her grief, and gleefully, they'd torn apart and rewritten her words to paint her as the villain in her husband's story. She was an obstacle to his ascent of progress, a footnote in a glorious history that was bigger than someone so insignificant as her.[break][break]

"Broken," they'd called her. "Unstable." "Unhinged." "Hysterical."[break][break]

In the end, she'd decided to become exactly what they said she was.[break][break]

Punishing herself became a way of punishing him.[break][break]

"I wonder sometimes," Elisabeth murmured, in a voice as lost as the day he'd held her in the Petalburg Woods, "how well I understand myself."[break][break]

This was not the explanation she had first given , crowing in her victory over her late husband. This was not the triumphant declaration that it had been then, but instead, the reopening of a wound that had long festered and healed wrong.[break][break]

I deserved it, her downcast eyes admitted in the silence.[break][break]

I asked for it, some part of her still believed.[break][break]

“I’m glad he’s dead,” Bee said, and for awhile, she let his response falsely speak for them both.[break][break]

She couldn't fully revel in Édouard's death. [break][break]

The last shred of innocence that remained in her had died with him.[break][break]

"I let him live too long," ultimately was her poisoner's confession. "I suffered needlessly. Any pain I endured is due to my own weakness and unwillingness to act sooner."[break][break]

Each sentence was a vicious stab against self-pity, relentless in its pitiless barrage of judgment.[break][break]

"I was young and ignorant," Elisabeth said, and for the first time, she unveiled the source of her anger in front of Bee, naked and exposed for what it truly was.[break][break]

Self-loathing.
[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 5:06:44 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Contempt was a monster that ate away at . Contempt for herself, for her circumstances. It was not something she could keep hidden any longer; it’s feral eyes shone behind her downcast stare, it’s claws dug deep into her psyche, forcing self-deprecation out with every word.

“You knew who I was…”

I did. But the Lisa Bortiforte of the Kalosian tabloids is only a skewed caricature of the Elisabeth Fiorelli I now know.

Perhaps his time in Hoenn had softened Barnaby. He found time and again, when faced with the struggles of those he cared for, an uncharacteristic shift. A deviance; a turn away from his selfish heart. He wanted to comfort, to console.

Or, more likely, wanted to correct a grave underestimation on ’s part.

You are shackled no longer, mon fleur. You’ve bloomed beyond the confines of that man’s estate. From grunt to admin, you’ve shown more growth in a year than most do in a lifetime of service.

His hand lifted, forefinger extended, to tuck wayward strands of blonde hair behind her ear. Barnaby wanted to see her, to pry for eye contact, before he continued.

Whether you acknowledge that newfound strength is up to you. But it is there for all to see. You’ve harnessed that pain into something he can never take away from you now.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 17:50:49 GMT
[nospaces]
The sheer gentleness of his hand as it brushed away a strand of her hair broke her.[break][break]

That innocent gesture had broken her, too, in another place and time, with petals adrift on a spring breeze as soft eyes met hers, patient and undemanding. It had been enough for her to lean into emotions and wants she had denied herself for many years, if only for a fleeting moment, before she'd abruptly closed that door and locked it from him.[break][break]

This time she shut her eyes as tears threatened to fall once more, a new dam in her bursting with this unanticipated show of kindness.[break][break]

"Mon fleur. It's been a long time since anyone called me that." [break][break]

A shaky attempt at laughter barely escaped her lips, only to die at the moment of its utterance. She frowned then, the crease in her brow deepening as she swallowed a lump that had formed in her throat, choked by some unnamed emotion that had welled up in her like a flood, threatening to consume her.[break][break]

"Why are you saying all this now?" she asked suddenly, her eyes snapping open to face him with accusation. The words ached with profound hurt and confusion. "Why are you..."[break][break]

Her hands flew to her face, wiping away the tears that had slipped and fallen between her fingertips. A shuddering breath exhaled through her lungs, leaving her hollow and empty.[break][break]

"If you don't want me, why say all this? I don't understand you."[break][break]

Why be kind to me, if you don't want something from me?

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 3:08:12 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Why?” He echoed hollowly.

A great question. Barnaby wasn’t completely sure himself, so… he didn’t answer right away. His cobalt gaze fell away to stare at his lap, where his hands hung in the space between his thighs.

Eventually, an even response fell from his lips.

Just because I don’t want to fuck you doesn’t mean that I don’t care about you, Elisabeth.

It was a statement of contradictions. He could have let her wallow in her self-loathing; let her drown in those contemptuous tears of hers - and the fresh off the boat from Kalos likely would have. He still felt this selfish inclination even now, pulling him toward the cottage’s exit.

But what good would that do? As a friend and as a ROCKET admin she was best suited as the cunning poisoner, the calculating leader.

As far as was concerned, Lisa Bortiforte died the day her husband did. was who mattered now.

I hate seeing you like this,” He admitted, looking back over to where she sat on the sofa, hands wiping tears from her cheeks. With a sigh Barnaby withdrew a forgotten white napkin from his pocket and offered it to her. “Because I know the confidence and fire that make you so special. I’ve seen it firsthand… more than you might think.

It was time. They’d reached a precipice in their relationship - if he didn’t admit this now, there would be no going back. So, Barnaby released the following Pokémon into the open living space:

A pale pink NINETALES - his companion during the speed dating event.

An off-blue HOUNDOOM - who accompanied him on one fateful walk through Petalburg Woods.

A KIRLIA - a helpful cleaner of one particularly sticky shoe.

Barnaby didn’t say anything at first. He wanted to see if she could connect the dots herself.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 4:19:31 GMT
[nospaces]
In the end, this was where they differed: he believed Lisa Bortiforte dead, but the young woman that had once been Elisabeth Fiorelli had died first.[break][break]

Supposing both of those women had died, who was left behind, then?[break][break]

Who was this third woman who replayed so many roles until they all blurred together, erasing her own sense of self completely and entirely?[break][break]

Elisabeth kept that bitter question curled behind her tongue, unspoken, as the last of the tears dried on her cheeks.[break][break]

And then the soft 'click' of Pokeballs releasing cut through her silence.[break][break]

Emerald eyes flitted from the Ninetales, to the Houndoom, to finally his Kirlia, the haze of emotion and alcohol clearing with sudden clarity.[break][break]

A wider tapestry of her relationship to began to take shape, previously disparate threads weaving themselves into a colourful loom of antagonism and deceit.[break][break]

When she looked at Bee now, his cobalt eyes reflected another man's familiar gaze: that of an HNN reporter that she had fought with many times, over and over, to his endless amusement and entertainment.[break][break]

The storm inside her shifted in its tumult, rainclouds drying up in favor of lightning and thunder. Fury burned in her glare, a hand swiftly reaching for the champagne that had until now been forgotten.[break][break]

'Splash!'[break][break]

Sparkling 1940 Krug was swiftly tossed in his smug face, its wine glass discarded after to shatter on the ground. Scattered shards of twinkling crystal drowned in gold liquid, glittering on the floor.[break][break]

"Va te faire foutre, connard!"[break][break]

Each word was punctuated by a 'slap' that struck without warning -- reverberating across each cheek, left to right, stinging with merciless precision and accuracy. Red marks welted up in the wake of her rage, only to purple with a relentless barrage of punishment.[break][break]

"Putain de menteur, d'hypocrite sac à merde," she hissed, only ceasing in her assault once her own hand began to ache from its onslaught. "Enfoiré. How many people knew?"[break][break]

Did you think I was stupid?[break][break]

Was I just that stupid?

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 4:56:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Splash!

Lukewarm and sticky, their celebratory drink drenched Barnaby’s hair, face, and upper chest. He did not react, however; did not try and retaliate.

This was her time to cleave apart and burst open years of anger, frustration, and pain.

Fur bristled, teeth were bared, but a wave of Barnaby’s hand bade his Pokémon to still. They did so, begrudgingly, and watched as their master withstood blow after blow.

Barnaby was unmoving yet unyielding. He did not cower away from her touch, did not beg for lenience. In fact… the pain of each welting blow was superseded by the immense pleasure of seeing light up in this way.

Every hurled insult was like birdsong in his ear. Angelic, divine, telling of the building, burning passion Barnaby was longing for. And when she finally stopped, her chest heaving with the effort of it all, his lips creased into a painful, taunting smile. Blood trickled down from his left nostril as he spoke.

It is a secret reserved for the higher brass. So, not many.

His next words were chosen carefully, although it might not seem so to .

Est-ce que c'est ça, mon fleur? Je sais que tu peux faire mieux que ça.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 5:11:22 GMT
[nospaces]

"Better to tell me now before I find out myself, is that it?"[break][break]

Spite animated her, each ragged breath reminding her that she had a body, and that despite all attempts to assure otherwise, she was still alive. Like a magnet, the loathing and the hatred latched gleefully onto its new target, desperate for release.[break][break]

The blood-tinged smile dared to incense her further.[break][break][break]

“Est-ce que c'est ça, mon fleur? Je sais que tu peux faire mieux que ça.”
[break][break]

Once more she raised a hand, but this time it moved with a disarming slowness, her furious gaze holding his fast. Fingers twisted the thorns of a golden band in a subtle motion, and the spikes of a poisoner's ring jutted forth from the centre of a golden rosette, which she brought forward to hover dangerously at the hollow of his throat.[break][break]

"Faire attention, mon loup," she murmured in his ear, a single motion away from allowing metal to breach champagne-drenched skin. "Les serpents préfèrent se cacher sous les fleurs."[break][break]

No jest was to be found in the severity of her stare.

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 3:58:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
There was a ringing in his ears that persisted even as her blows subsided. A dryness in his mouth, a wetness on his brow. Already Barnaby could feel his face begin to swell.

The pain barely registered, though. His focus was on drawing out the fiery wolf from the tepid lamb.

Not exactly. I do apologize for fooling you…” He admitted, his eyes trained on and her every reaction. “…but I can’t deny it wasn’t fun at times. Barnaby Finch is quite a smug bastard, isn’t he?

The words had barely passed through his lips before Elisa took this dance a step further than he ever expected her to.

Barnaby’s smile fell. In it’s stead rose an expression of cold severity the likes of which Elisa had never witnessed before from him. Gone was the puckish lilt to his voice, the teasing tenor. For once, was as serious as the grave.

Choose wisely, Elisa, if you wish to keep that friendship you promised me. Have I truly been that bad to you?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
petals on the floor
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 5:09:02 GMT
[nospaces]

"Choose wisely, Elisa."[break][break]

Fire plunged into ice as his taunting tightened into sharp warning. His last question was tossed like a gauntlet between them, clattering in her mind as she remained in place, her own expression twisted and warped with betrayal.[break][break]

"Why do you all lie?" she asked, and the spikes of the rosette snapped shut, retreating as she instead viciously held him there, her grip on his chin forcing his eyes to meet hers. "Arceus, I am so tired of being lied to by men."[break][break]

This time Elisabeth would not allow her tears to fall. He had deceived her; he had lost the right to know her in that way.[break][break]

"What do you think it means, to be treated 'badly'?" she challenged him, her voice stinging like an open wound. One that he had not caused, but that he had opened again, unknowingly. "Do you think I suffered because someone put his hands on me, Bee? Is that all cruelty is to you?"[break][break]

She didn't recognize the cold, unfamiliar severity in his gaze, but this pain -- this hurt -- would be new to him, too. A fleeting glimpse of someone he had seen in the Petalburg Woods, yes, but that lost woman would not look at him tonight for a place to hide from the darkness of the world.[break][break]

No, she looked at him as if staring into the mouth of the abyss itself, and resenting her own inevitable fall into its depths.[break][break]

"I trusted you," Elisabeth whispered bitterly, the confession catching in her throat. "You said we were friends, and I chose to believe you. Why should I believe that isn't a lie, too?"[break][break]

And somewhere buried in all the emotion and outrage, a quiet plea whispered in the quiver of her words: I want to trust you. I want to believe you.[break][break]

Why would you take that from me?

[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.[break]
- Post-DotDD.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]