Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:53:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
This was not a particularly proud moment for . He prided himself on being adept in the water; swimming and diving were some of his favorite hobbies, after all... so why the hell was MANTINE surfing so damn difficult for him to pull off?!

Slateport Splashfest had began with a bang, Barnaby having faired well in the Dunk Tank and CLAMPERL diving activities. But surfing... that was another story entirely. He'd been unsuccessful at all of his trick attempts thus far. It was such an abysmal showing, in fact, that the ever-wonderful and talented had offered his coaching services to help.

Spending hours with a shirtless Mars? Hell yeah, Barnaby had thought to himself when his friend brought up the idea.

Now they found themselves wading in the shallows of Slateport Beach, the festival still going strong behind them on the shore, with two MANTINE harnessed with the appropriate surfing equipment.

"I apologize in advance for how bad this is going to be, mon trésor." Barnaby remarked through a grimace, only half joking.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 22:51:12 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt1"]
[attr="class","main"]

On days like these, it feels as if life is perfect. As if there are no worries, no troubles, and no complications. As if there isn’t a meteor en-route to crash against Hoenn and as if they’re not trapped here by an unbreakable barrier. There’s just the sun, the sea, his Mantine, and .
[break][break]
Clad in his black and gold POG Bank-branded swim trunks, Mars sits on the Kite Pokémon’s back – this time his own Benthesikyme instead of one borrowed from the squadron that had been brought to Slateport’s shores for the Splashfest’s activities. The Mantine is equipped with his surfing gear as well, and having been trained specifically for such a sport, she seems more than eager to get started.
[break][break]
”Ha. You’ll be fine, you have me to tell you what to do.” It’s from behind sunglasses that he winks at Barnaby, offering him the brightest and most confident smile there is. As always, Mars’ self-assurance is both unmatched and unwavering. ”How good would you say you are? Have you been able to ride a wave at all?”
[break][break]
He has to figure out what he’s working with, after all.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

NOTES

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt1] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 0:32:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Ha. You’ll be fine, you have me to tell you what to do."

Now, Barnaby did enjoy when Mars ordered him around... that usually turned into a fun time. Surely this exercise would as well, right?

With a stuttered cough he cleared his throat and averted his eyes, a pink heat blossoming onto his cheeks that could easily be confused as a small SUNBURN. "... No."

Fuck, why was this so embarrassing?

"Not once." He responded again, still looking away.

Barnaby's rented MANTINE stirred beneath him, flapping its wing-like fins in a way that splashed water against his chest and arms. It was a welcomed cooling sensation that helped break some of the shame Barnaby was feeling.

"I'm not sure why. It's like I lose all sense of balance once we hit a wave."

mission: SUNNY DAY
bonus for mentioning a "burn"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 7:33:39 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt1"]
[attr="class","main"]

To be entirely honest, Mars would much rather wakeboard with his Sharpedo. He’d rather teach Barnaby to do as much too, since it’s one of his favourite summer hobbies, but Mantine Surfing can also be pretty fun, and with it being one of the Splashfest’s main activities, trying to help his friend succeed seems only natural. It’s the perfect opportunity.
[break][break]
”That’s fine. Standing on the water can be pretty weird until you get used to the feeling and how you stand also matters a lot.” He doesn’t mock him because there’s nothing to mock, even Mars himself had fallen a lot when first learning how to surf. Hell, he still does now when attempting certain tricks, sometimes even when riding atop of his own Mantine.
[break][break]
”Come on, stand up. Show me.” Smiling, he stands in a swift and fluid motion, as if he has done this a million times before. Because he has, of course. The Mantine even moves around to adjust to his shifting weight, and he doesn’t waver.
[break][break]
For now, they'll practice stances before even hitting the waves.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

NOTES

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day

[newclass=.twt1] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt1 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:15:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
If he were to reflect on why this was so embarrassing, Barnaby could come up with several reasons. He was trained in multiple forms of martial arts, a longtime equestrian, and an avid swimmer who was used to being in the water. When all these disciplines combined you'd think he'd be able to at least balance on a MANTINE.

But... nope.

"Okay. But don't laugh."

With a heavy sigh, Barnaby hopped onto his MANTINE, although much less gracefully than Mars had. Rather than standing in one fluid movement, he required a moment to pause with his knees straddling either side of the Pokémon and collect the inner gumption needed to rise to his feet.

Slowly, stutteringly, Barnaby eventually stood before . His legs shook and his arms wavered as he constantly tried to redistribute his weight, but damn it he was up.

"How's this...?" He asked, the pink on his cheeks having deepened into a light scarlet color.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 3:07:11 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt1"]
[attr="class","main"]

He reminds Mars of a newborn Ponyta taking its first steps, and even though he had asked for him not to laugh, the sound of a chuckle inevitably rises and is soon carried away by the gentle breeze of the ocean.
[break][break]
Trésor.” It’s said softly and affectionately, a smile tugging at Mars’ lips as he puts a slight amount of pressure onto his Mantine with his right foot, signalling the pokémon to move as close as possible. It’s only once closer that a hand is offered to Barnaby for support. ”Here.”
[break][break]
”See how I’m standing? Put your dominant foot forward and the other back. Like if you were on a snowboard or something of the like. It should help you with keeping your balance. Right now, with your feet like this, you’re too close to the fins, and those move when the Mantine swims, so it’s unsteady.”
[break][break]
That’s the simplest explanation he can give, because admittedly, Mars has never had to explain these things. He would have never bothered with it if it were anyone else, but Barnaby isn’t like most people, is he?
[break][break]
”And make sure to keep those cute bee’s knees bent.” He adds, teasingly and winking at the journalist.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

NOTES

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 16:22:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Martín!" The indignity! The audacity! "I told you not to lau—"

In his flustered state the poor Kalosian nearly lost his balance, almost tumbling off his MANTINE and into the shallow sea below. Almost. As luck would have it, Mars approached just in time, his offered hand a godsend which Barnaby barely managed to grab hold of to rebalance himself.

"... Thank you." He breathed out, his arms still shaking, which would be obvious to as they continued to hold hands.

Still, he was focused on the Underboss' instructions, immediately mimicking the man's explanations as he said them. Feet staggered, bee's knees bent...

Ah. Now that one brought a happy smile to his face and worked to relieve some of the tension he felt. Miraculously, the shaking stopped.

"You're adorable sometimes, you know that?" A musing, appreciative observation, coupled with an affectionate squeeze to Mars' hand.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 2:35:09 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt1"]
[attr="class","main"]

He can feel how unsteady Barnaby is; how unsure about all this he must be. It’s what causes him to smile in a gentle and reassuring manner, still holding onto his hand to provide support that is apparently much needed. Not like he would have easily let go anyway.
[break][break]
”Me? Adorable? Mars questions, brows raised. He is many things: handsome, charming, charismatic, smart, talented, funny, witty, perhaps even sweet, and absolutely perfect in every single way. But, adorable? That’s not something most people would call him. However, somehow, when it’s saying it, he doesn’t mind it.
[break][break]
That much isn’t made obvious, though. Not with the way he smirks. Especially not when he leans in to whisper his next words, amber eyes gazing into cobalt ones:
[break][break]
”Oh no, Barnaby, you should know I’m terribly wicked. Now, how about you go for the next wave? Show me that reach and flexibility.
[break][break]
Yes, he's teasing, but he mostly wants Barnaby to see the difference now that he's standing properly on the Mantine.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

NOTES

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 3:14:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Patience and willpower were two things Barnaby sorely lacked. It explained why MANTINE surfing frustrated him so, and why, when leaned in close, an equally wicked thought crossed his mind.

"Yes, you." He countered, releasing the other man's hand so that he could stand on his own. "Don't act as if you don't know how cute you can be."

Barnaby looked out past where they floated to a wave in the distance and contemplated following the underboss' instructions. In the end, though, he simply couldn't resist giving into temptation. Mars was too sweet a conquest, too much fun to mess with.

"Perhaps that's why we get along so well... I'm rather wicked myself, trésor." For a moment he acted as if he was shifting forward to urge his MANTINE on, but instead Barnaby leapt from the Pokémon's back and tackled into the awaiting waters below.

The two entered the ocean with a splash, but resurfaced soon enough. Barnaby's arms remained locked around Mars' waist and a big grin was spread across his face. Got you.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:33:09 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt1"]
[attr="class","main"]

He could have avoided it. Yes, he only realised what Barnaby’s true intentions were when it would have been too late for most people to do anything, but Mars wasn’t most people, was he? He could have phased out of the journalist’s way and laughed when watching him fall into the water all on his own. It crossed his mind the moment Barnaby reached for him in a clear attempt at a tackle, pushing him down. But, at that very moment he also smiled, and a decision was made in a split second.
[break][break]
They fell with a sound splash, sea water surrounding them and limbs interlocking.
[break][break]
Sometimes, losing isn’t so bad.
[break][break]
At least not when it comes followed by a victory as sweet as the sight of grinning while his arms are wrapped around him.
[break][break]
The water is cold, the sunlight is so harsh that its likely to leave a sunburn behind, and he can taste the brine, yet even if all of these things are true, Mars wouldn’t change a single thing about this fleeting moment. It’s perfect. The kind of summer day he may always remember. Even with sunburns. Then again, his always quickly turn into a nice tan anyway.
[break][break]
”Ugh, you truly are the worst.” He grins too, and when doing so, a hand reaches for Barnaby’s cheek while the other remains on his waist. Mars leans in, and even though there’s people all around them, their lips meet in a gentle kiss.
[break][break]
And of course, it's then that he makes a short whistling sound, his Mantine splashing them with one of its huge pectoral fins in response to the non-verbal command. At that, Mars laughs.
[break][break]
”Come on, you’re supposed to be learning how to Mantine Surf.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

NOTES

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 18:05:57 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Their lips met in a kiss tinged with salt and genuine affection. It wasn't one flamed by passion or lust, just simply... wholesome. Something that warmed the soul.

"I know~" Barnaby responded in a lilting tone, pulling away slightly yet still leaning his forehead against 's.

"But you love it." He added in a mischievous whisper.

Before he could say anything else, a low whistle brought on a verifiable wave of water - soaking both men yet again. Barnaby shook his head, sending water droplets everywhere.

"Martín!" Rather than being shrill and chastising, his exclamation brimmed with mirth and was followed by bubbly laugher to match Mars' own sweet laugh.

"This is way more fun, though..." He replied once their laughter died down, looking more intently at those gorgeous golden eyes he'd become so fond of. "Don't you think so?" Barnaby didn't give Mars much time to respond, however, instead leaning in for yet another gentle kiss.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
reach and flexibility
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:20:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: