luka chêne
can we speak in flowers? [c]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 7:18:36 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The door to Fiorelli's Floristry bursts opens with an urgent chime. When Luka enters in a rush, she's less put together than usual; red-faced, windswept, looking distinctly ruffled. She immediately spots amongst the flowers, and her face floods with relief.[break][break]

"Oh, gosh! For a second, I thought I'd never get here before you closed!"[break][break]

There's more than an hour before the shop's advertised closing time.[break][break]

She'd like to get right to business, but takes a moment to catch her breath instead. Kitten heels click against the floor as Luka takes a cursory lap around the shop, admiring the miniature garden of fresh flowers on display. Her gaze is drawn to baby's breath and daisies and blushing pink carnations, and the air is filled with their delicate perfumes. Florid rose petals look velvet soft, but she resists the urge to touch.[break][break]

"I, um...actually, I could use your help," she admits after a minute or so, her smile turning sheepish at the edges. "I want to put together a bouquet...but I want to make sure I get the message right. Could you help me?"[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 23:42:18 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
There was the faintest hint of amusement in the way that Elisabeth registered the arrival of a very flustered . It seemed that this was to be their dynamic: the pink-haired woman spilling out apologies to the entirely unbothered and unperturbed florist, who at this moment, was doing nothing more than pruning some orchid leaves on display.

"I happen to be on excellent terms with the owner of the shop, thankfully. We have time," Elisabeth said easily, her lips curved into a slight smile as she put away her shears. All grace and polite affability, she continued, "It is a pleasure to see you again, Miss Chêne."

She watched as the younger woman busied herself with baby's breath, daisies, and carnations, patient and waiting to see which flower caught the customer's eye. When none did, and a question was voiced aloud instead, Elisabeth merely nodded.

"Of course," she said. "Although it depends entirely on the message you are intending to send, and to whom."

Hers was an implicit discretion, as yet to be unbroken despite her secret ties to Rocket. She could be professional in that way.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 4:25:32 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Once again, she appreciates Elisabeth's class and grace. The woman's subtle elegance is made evident all around them; from her own demeanor to the interior of her shop. And yet, she still makes herself seem so approachable. Luka rounds another corner and meets the florist at her orchid display, stepping perhaps a bit too close.[break][break]

"It's the most important message at all," she explains, deadly serious. Green eyes go wide and imperative. "It's love."[break][break]

A sigh seems to pass through her entire being, tension easing out of nervous fingertips. And from it bubbles laughter as mystically delicate as any of the gentle blooms around them. "Gosh! I haven't really said it out loud much. It still feels kind of surreal..."[break][break]

Carnation pink adorns her cheeks. "Oh! It's for, um, m-my boyfriend. It's not just a random confession or anything! And I mean, it's like...okay, well, just get red roses, right? But I want, like..."[break][break]

She gestures vaguely, as though that'll help her articulate her point. Perhaps that's why she likes flower language so much: at once both simplistic and complex, able to convey a multitude of meanings in a manner far more elegant than mere words could ever hope to achieve.[break][break]

"There's carnations or tulips or camellias, but I just can't decide! I think I'd like to throw in a few other meanings too, but I don't want it to look a mess..."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 6:38:14 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
For all her practised composure, something like surprise flickered into Elisabeth's eyes as the younger woman pressed close, insisting that hers was the most important message of all:

"Love."

This order was not an unusual one for the florist. Love was, to put it bluntly, the singular thing that kept her little flower shop in business. Most bouquets had some variation of the meaning in place, and as herself noted, roses were the most popular among her selection for that reason.

It was perhaps ironic, then, that a woman whose life was dedicated to such expressions of sentiment found herself unable to believe in love herself.

This was something that she did her best to hide from her customers, revealed only by the tempered and mild way she replied to Luka's outpouring of emotion:

"Love? Then happily, you have many flowers available for your selection."

She gestured for the pink-haired woman to follow her into her greenhouse, speaking as she indicated various flowers: "Amaranths, for example, are a symbol of immortal and unchanging love. As are anemones, also known as windflowers, although they hold more varied meanings depending on whom you ask."

Her fingertips moved from one bright blossom to another, pausing as she considered the ones that Luka herself had voiced aloud.

"The meaning of camellias, carnations, and tulips depend on the colour you've chosen. Though overall, most agree that camellias are an expression of admiration and gratitude, while carnations possess a general sense of love and fidelity in their meaning. And tulips are themselves a declaration of love, or a proclamation that the recipient is seen as perfect in the eyes of the sender."

She ceased in her monologue, turning to meet Luka's green-eyed gaze with her own.

"Shall I continue? Or has something piqued your interest?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 21:16:59 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Luka tucks a pink curl behind her ear as she follows Elisabeth into the greenhouse. Her expression brightens even further at the sight of such gorgeous flowers, an explosion of color and sweet fragrances that makes her head spin in the dreamiest, loveliest way. She does her best to pay attention as Elisabeth offers her advice, but she can't help her gaze from straying as they talk.[break][break]

"In Victorian Galar, anemones represent forsaken love," she muses unnecessarily. "Since he's from Galar, I don't want to cause any confusion..."[break][break]

Even though she doesn't think would read too far into it, it matters to her. Luka mulls over the rest of Elisabeth's suggestions in a similar vein, her eyes lighting on each one with careful consideration.[break][break]

"Amaranths...I like that. Immortal love sounds so romantic. And tulips are so sweet! Red is obvious, but ohh...there's purple for royalty, that could be cute. Or would it clash? But it'll be boring if everything is red..."[break][break]

There's a reason Luka isn't a florist. Basing a bouquet off of meaning alone sacrifices aesthetic, and doesn't want the end result looking like the floral equivalent of a ransom note.[break][break] But there are just too many things to consider! She's never been that good at making decisions, and it's why she's counting on Elisabeth to steer her in the right direction.[break][break]

"You know a lot about this," she says, gently tracing the tip of a tulip leaf with her forefinger. "I-I mean, it's to be expected, of course! What I mean is, um, it sounds like it's from experience, ehe."[break][break]

She turns back to the older woman, gazing up with wide, sparkling eyes.[break][break]

"Have you been in love, Madame Fiorelli?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 21:41:11 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
She'd been diligently taking note of what flowers had attracted the bubbly woman's attention when the unexpected question hit, catching her unawares like an Ariados's snare.

"Have I ever been in love?" she repeated, as if dumbstruck by the question.

The abrupt shift in her expression could be interpreted as acute embarrassment, rather than what it truly was: disgust.

Elisabeth blinked slowly, her lips pressed into a tight line that she attempted to hold into something resembling a polite, professional smile.

What kind of infantile question was this?

Although it was to be expected, in her line of work. Somewhere inside herself, Elisabeth realized this. She knew that was asking likely out of hopes of hearing of her own romantic escapades, ideally some charming fairytale designed to lure patrons into buying sentimental flowers.

If Elisabeth were a more cunning woman, perhaps she'd design such a lie for that very reason.

"I don't think my love life is much worth discussing. I'd far rather hear about yours."

Instead, she gave a lie of a different nature: a skirting of an unpleasant topic under a mask of demure coyness, with a tactical deflecting of the question back to its asker.

This was Elisabeth's first line of defense. Were Luka to prod further into the florist's life, she'd receive a far less delicate answer.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 23:48:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: