1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 19:03:43 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
SLATEPROT SPLASHFEST, FIRST NIGHT

Something about the dark night sky brought Derek back to the events of Sootopolis, where Necrozma alone dealt the region a terrible blow. The tree of life, Xerneas' power, was turned against it. Against them all. Was that situation a one off, or would there be more like it?

As Derek sat on the beach, mostly alone, his three Unown danced around him in ritualistic sync. The glow of a fire not far from them flickered against his skin, illuminating the gloom expression on his face. They stopped dancing and observed their trainer carefully.

Unown were always something of a curiosity to him even back in Johto, but here? It was stressful not knowing things. And trying to figure it all out seemed futile. Hoenn's best were only getting bits and pieces at a time. Chin rested in the two of his palms, Derek struggles on deciding what's next. How best to avoid something like that day...
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,154 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 7:09:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

starlight sparkles in his eyes as he walks trudges down the shore, wearing nothing else but his patented shorts and an unbuttoned white shirt that billows in the night time breeze. half of him wonders if he should perhaps wear something warmer — the other half does not quite feel like trudging into his backpack to pull out a sweater.

[break][break] several couples sit on blankets of their own making as they prep for the firework show — one like many others on the night of slateport fest. jayden himself - like he does most times these days - finds himself alone. he knows that is probably about somewhere, maybe even . maybe he'll see either of them.

[break][break] but fate is a funny thing — instead, it's who he does not expect to see that appears before him.

[break][break] a pause.

[break][break] " ."

[break][break] the glow of fire flickering in the distance, jayden's gaze falls on the three unknown that float in front of him. without warning, his own unknown burst out of their pokeballs to join the three — an unknown-k and an unknown-v.

[break][break] "i didn't expect to find you here."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break] HOT SUMMER NIGHTS

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 21:14:42 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"...Me neither." The response is given out of reflex, both answering his physically being here, and also the state of mind Derek found himself in. After noticing this, though, he quickly snaps to attention. "Oh, hey! Uh... What about you though?"

Derek recalls seeing them with a group most of the time. Like , or . "Your friends decide to head in early or what?" Or maybe they ditched him.

While he didn't personally recognize it, this sudden idle chatter was a nice distraction from the worries that were doing their best to surface.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,154 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 21:33:18 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

his lips purse in thought, brows furrowed together in confusion.

[break][break] "my friends?"

[break][break] he wonders who derek could be talking about. though, it does seem like a deceptively dad thing to say. the more and more he thinks about it, perhaps it isn't so strange that mint has such a young father.

[break][break] "i suppose," he says vaguely, even though he had no idea that knew him, nor who he hung out with. "what about yours?"

[break][break] he watches the five unknown spin together above, their shadows from the fire flickering like ghosts in the distance.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 10:18:01 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah?" Why else would they be aimlessly wandering the beach? Well, maybe they enjoyed long walks with the sand beneath their feet. But when people were alone, a lot of the time they had a tendency to wander. Even if it were just the mind drifting from it's usual course.

"Mine too. Well, not that we're that close..." Most of the people Derek conversed with were one-offs. They spoke and then went their separate ways for another week or month or perhaps even a year. Callan was one of the few people he felt he could consider a true friend. If he weren't so busy with his band and gym, they'd probably be hanging out right now.

"Calling them my friend is easy, but I don't exactly see them often enough to really have that kind of connection." People in Hoenn were just nice. Friendly. But that wasn't quite enough for Derek to truly consider them all as such. He was a bit more picky than that.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,154 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 7:51:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"i can relate. i don't have many friends, either."

[break][break] he thought back to a conversation that he had with not that long ago. perhaps there were more like-minded people than he originally thought.

[break][break] "are friends defined by the frequency we see them?" his brow furrowed in thought. by that definition, he supposed that it was only recently that he and had become friends. then again, there was also the matter of the work that they shared, so it was difficult to define what separated them as companions of choice or necessity.

[break][break] "sometimes we are too busy to meet our friends," he comments. "though i don't think i care for them any less."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 13:10:10 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"Yeah, but friends are the people you want to be around."

Derek starts, looking up to his Unown as they dance around him and the fire. "So naturally you would make time for them, right?" Not that Derek could hold himself to that standard. He didn't have much of a grip on himself, between the gym, the woods—everything was slowly going to shit.

But even just running into someone you know could change your whole day. It doesn't even have to be significant, or a long time. Everything just seems more exceptional when it's by chance. And they had a word for that. Serendipity.

"I don't know. It's not that I am complaining, but things have been getting more and more hectic as of late." But that was just the way Hoenn was.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,154 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 3:20:08 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

'... so naturally you would make time for them, right?'

[break][break] jayden blinks, as if it was the first time that he was considering such a subject. he hadn't once considered it. most of the people in his life had come and gone. even the people he considered to be close to them, he had never put them once before rocket. before his work. he'd merely just assumed —

[break][break] "it has been busy," he says instead, avoiding the topic of friends. the topic of their upcoming doom seemed - ironically enough - a much more familiar topic. "but that's to be expected."

[break][break] he stares up at the unknown circulating around them, wondering how many more secrets they might hold.

[break][break] "but i think the festival is a good place to relax," he says. "it's enjoyable."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 6:23:01 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"...Yeah, it has been."

Even though he started to drop in the leaderboards, it was still a lot of fun. The dunk tank. Diving for crowns and other treasure. Best of all was the Mantine surfing which brought him to memories of back home in Johto.

"I just feel weird. The world's ending. Or could end, whatever."

It made sense in some ways. They could all use a break. Enjoy themselves one more time. But with the dome, Derek couldn't go see his family. All he had was his friends, few as they happened to feel. And most of the time he wouldn't feel this way, but with the meteor on it's way...

"Guess I am just messed up about what's coming. Hard to take it all in." To save face in front of strangers, but especially close friends and peers. "Anyway, I think I am gonna turn in for the night. Need to make sure I get some sleep for tomorrow." Another field day in Slateport helped to keep one's mind off such things.
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,154 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 6:45:06 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

'did he really believe that?'

[break][break] jayden is genuine in his curiosity as he turns to the gym leader. did civilians and league believe so little in their leadership? or was it merely because they had never seen anything so horrifying as the end of the world?

[break][break] but that couldn't be true — they'd been at war before.

[break][break] he opens his mouth to say as much, however, the other man takes the time to leave. jayden is not in the habit of stopping others, especially when he has no reason to.

[break][break] "goodnight," he says instead, pushing himself to his feet. his feet slide against the sand as he follows the other towards the apartments proper. "i should head in too."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
why so serious? [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 4:58:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: