Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
midnight muse
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 4:16:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

ROUTE 131, EN ROUTE TO ISLAND COTTAGE

tell me i'm your midnight muse,
write about me when you're alone.
whisper to me all your secrets,
feel me in your bones.

Finally. After months of trying to plan a promised ocean getaway, they'd finally carved out the time from their abysmally hectic schedules.

Here, the chaos of the world didn't really matter. Together, they'd decided to push those worries aside, if only for a few days. Domes, distortions, doomsday. All of that was forgotten in favor of a little quality time.

For and , respite came calling on white-peaked waves and the gentle push of a sailboat.

"I'm surprised you trusted me enough to take out your boat. Especially since you don't know where we're headed." A lighthearted quip thrown over his shoulder to a likely occupied Mars (the captain of their vessel and primary director, as Barnaby wasn't overly familiar with the workings of sailboats).

He wasn't truly, though. Surprised, that is. had a long penchant for humoring him, after all, which Barnaby took full advantage of on a regular basis.

"We're almost there." He added, turning his face to the wind.

Barnaby's view from the bow was tinged in exquisite oranges, pinks, and purples surrounded by a waning sun. In the far distance, a sliver of their destination could be seen peeking out from the horizon line.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
midnight muse
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 3:47:03 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Grey sails rise proudly with the kiss of Hoenn’s winds, billowing. Waves are broken by the bow of the ship, briny water being occasionally sprayed upon deck as if refreshing mist. Behind them, the slight wake cuts through deep blue, existing as the fleeting trail left behind by their maritime travels. And, before him, as Mars sits by the portside wheel, is the sight of with his dark hair being tousled by the wind.
[break][break]
What more could Mars ask for?
[break][break]
”I did promise you I wouldn’t look the island up when you gave me the coordinates. I always keep my promises.” There’s a smile, one that comes naturally and that is filled with confidence and charm. Yet, Barnaby is right: not many would be trusted to stand on a vessel that matters so much to him. Sailing is personal to Mars. It’s something he wouldn’t share with most people in his life. And, this ship in particular, the amusingly called Reel Nauti, also has its own importance.
[break][break]
He would never do something like this with most, and yet the suggestion had been spoken with terrible ease when Barnaby had requested this trip months ago. Now, on the day before his own twenty eighth birthday, being here with him feels nothing but right to Mars.
[break][break]
”Should I make you dock the boat on your own, sailor?” He asks when being told the island is close, smirking teasingly. He did say he would teach Barnaby how to sail, didn't he?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sleepless In Slateport 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
midnight muse
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 23:22:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"That you do. It's one of the many things I like about you." Barnaby replied, smiling back at the man across from him. was dependable. Thoughtful. Intelligent. And now that they'd admitted how much they meant to one another, Barnaby was finally allowing himself the emotional breathing room to truly contemplate all of the ways he enjoyed Mars and his company.

It helped that he was in a particularly affectionate mood, too. He'd made several plans for this little seaside trip of theirs, the details of which were currently swirling in his mind.

In no time at all the horizon drew closer. Bit by bit the sliver of land enlarged, morphing into a sizable island paradise ringed by beautifully clear water. Mars had steered them expertly here, so that the dock ahead was front and center, ready to be utilized.

"Unless you want to risk capsizing the Nauti, you'd better take over." Barnaby retorted, humor thrumming from every spoken syllable. "I don't think I've graduated to working alone just yet."

Still, he did recall some things, like preparing a spring line for when they pulled up to the dock. Barnaby moved to where he thought would be most helpful, though he looked back toward for direction.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
midnight muse
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 23:57:01 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”What’s there not to like?” Mars winks, smiling with the endless confidence that seems to be so very characteristic of him. Whether it’s a joke or not is left up in the air, but of course, anyone who knows him would know Martín del Mar thinks himself to be perfect despite anything anyone might point out as a flaw.
[break][break]
He thinks to be perfect too, but that is a thought he does not voice while preparing to dock the sailboat. Perfect even if he’s not the best sailor out there just yet. There will be no capsizing this ship.
[break][break]
”Not sure anyone is capable of capsizing a sailboat when the wind is this mild. I’d call it an achievement.” He smirks, although he definitely does not let go of the helm. ”Maybe I’ll let you try it with a different sailboat, though. You can help with the spring lines.”
[break][break]
Thankfully, docking all on his own isn’t at all difficult, especially given that there are no other boats at their destination. A beautiful tropical island – paradisiac. The thought crosses Mars’ mind of how he wishes things here are nothing alike the last time they found themselves together at an island. As much as he’d like to return to the Cloud someday, he sure as hell needs a break.
[break][break]
”Need help with your knots? I'll get our luggage.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sleepless In Slateport 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
midnight muse
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 21:36:04 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I'm nothing if not motivated to achieve. But maybe not that sort of achievement." He laughed, he smiled, and when Mars threw him the ropes he started fastening the spring lines. "I think I'm good here. I'll help with the luggage in a sec."

Once the yacht was safely secured, Barnaby led Mars to where they'd be staying for their trip.

It was an isolated bungalow built in the intersection where sand met solid earth - positioned in such a way that they had a view of the ocean from almost every window. Behind the vacation home stood an abrupt cliff face and a grove of palm trees, giving the entire property a distinct air of privacy. There wouldn't be anyone remotely close to their location for at least a few miles.

They could relax and finally begin to enjoy their little getaway.

Some time later, after they'd thrown their luggage into the bedroom and Barnaby had cooked them a delicious seafood feast for dinner (keeping in mind to make all of 's favorite dishes), the afternoon gave way to late evening. A sliver of sunlight clung to the horizon, but even that would fade away soon. Stars already dotted the darkening sky above.

As Barnaby stowed the rest of their dirty dishes into the sink, he caught himself staring at the setting sun. A bank of sliding glass doors had been opened to both let in the evening breeze and show off the stunning view of the water, which he was now taking full advantage of.

Quietly, he patted the pocket of a light cardigan he'd put on earlier, before walking over to where Mars sat at the dining table.

"Come take a walk on the beach with me." Barnaby said while looking down into golden eyes, his hand slipping casually into Mars' own. "It'll be nice to get some fresh air, hm?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
midnight muse
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 6:11:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: