Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,429 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 22:37:39 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tromperie
[break][break]
[break]
I don't know if I can believe anything you say.

The ring's golden thorns had become intrusive, a warning pricking into her skin of something being pushed to its limit. She was cognizant enough of her actions to cease in the risk of this restless motion; removing the heirloom felt like disarming herself, but the weight of its shackle of briars had become something she couldn't bear.

She could step away, still.

She could simply leave.

Instead Elisabeth curled a fist around the ring in her palm, and admitted, "I don't know what you think of me at all."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 5:02:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OBLIQUITY

DAY 8 // WHEN PETALS FALL

“I LIKE YOU ELISABETH,” is his second confession from this hospital bedside.

i like what you’ve shown me but that’s only a fraction of who you are.” his elaboration rings true but to what extent, he remains unaware. the irony lies in wait, gleaming with the thorn laced veil wrapped around her finger.

i have no idea, frankly.

his conclusion comes from what he knows. with a slanted perspective of their situation, the picture he paints is distorted. he has less to work with and it shows in his understanding.

we all carry scars. most people have come to accept them. but missing a piece of yourself. an arm? an eye? everyone has their threshold of acceptance.

he turns so she can get a better angle of him. faces her, fully and whole. what she sees is one eye peering while the other remains obscured in a discolored headwrap.

but i do know projection.

outside, a flying pokemon casts a momentary shadow. as it flies away, the sunlight comes back in full, causing the card to sparkle at his words.

i use my time wisely, miss fiorelli. should i prove lacking, i will be the one to cut out distractions and waste.

he clicks his tongue.

i do not think of you as a waste. i would hope you trust my judgement. unless…

he blinks and when his eye reopens, it proves smaller. narrower.

this isn’t about me.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,429 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 6:52:07 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tromperie
[break][break]
[break]
For the second time since she'd attempted to leave him here, he gave her an exit.

This option, in many ways, was less palatable than the first.

The insult of blind vanity had injured her pride. The keen observation of his single eye in this moment, however, pierced through something else entirely.

Discomforting as it was, she met Fernando's scrutiny evenly, holding his narrowed gaze with a quiet, resolute defiance. Another man's reflection stared back at her as she did so, conjured by the implication that had been breathed into existence with his single, accusatory sentence.

No. He doesn't get to know that part of you.

Her hand pressed down on the tableside, as if suffocating the ring beneath its weight; with that motion, the memory shattered and vanished before she could give it life.

This time, Elisabeth mirrored Fernando's words back to him in a voice that was cool and clipped in its intonation: "Do you want me to be honest?"

had deceived , but she had not lied to him. Lies required upkeep and maintenance, and the longer they spun, the quicker they unraveled.

"I don't know what I think about you, either. Not really. In many ways, I don't feel I know you at all."

Most often, Elisabeth deflected away from herself, allowing others to speak in the silence she gave them. She was viciously selective in what she discussed and what she withheld of herself: for all their phone conversations, precious little had circled on the topics that one might naturally assume two individuals would talk about at length.

So when she spoke, she relied on the truths that she knew. The truths that would have led to this moment, inevitably, one way or another.

"I think you prefer knowing less of me. I think it's something we have in common."

The flat fist rested on his tableside, the glossy sheen of the card underneath shimmering as she considered her next words.

"People are inevitably disappointing. I'm no different, in that regard. I suspect you aren't, either."

Her fingers unwrapped from the ring that she'd held in her grip, rolling it leisurely in her palm before she offered him a tight, wry smile.

"But it's nice to pretend otherwise, for a little while, isn't it?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 1:32:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OBLIQUITY

SOMEWHERE ADMIST THE CONVERSATION, fernando loses himself. not his sense of being or any as abstract as an emotional state. no. he loses his bearing on the conversation and exactly what it means. it pivots frantically and her rebuttal leaves him with verbal whiplash.

then again, had come into his room with a more bizarre approach.

so this was never about me.

his accusation sound pitiful and hurt. intentionally.

what happened to you, fiorelli?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,429 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 1:54:43 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tromperie
[break][break]
[break]
"Does it matter?"

His pity tasted like ash in her mouth. Her hand retreated from the tableside like a spider skittering away from the light, wrapping around her body as she turned her gaze towards the door.

Close as it was, its mercy still proved too distant to take.

"We don't talk about those things. And we're better for it."

Her emerald eyes cut back to him, something fierce in their gleam. With the motion, it was as if some barrier had shimmered into existence around her, invisible save for the way her expression turned almost blank, its emotion plunging into something cold.

"Something happened to you. It's why we're here."

Something he deserved, a voice whispered in her mind, like the hiss of a serpent.

"Am I supposed to simply keep calling you at night talking about nothing, Fernando? Is that what you want, in this moment, having been on the verge of death?"

The abandoned ring gleamed atop his little black card, its contrast stark and glittering.

"I can't give you something real. So I am choosing to be the one who disappoints you first."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 11:59:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OBLIQUITY

SHE HARDENS. that much he can recognize. it’s a tactic he had used too—in his youth. now it’s become a part of him. fernando does not clam up or become deadpan. it’s his default and people know him for it. which is why he knows she’s on the defensive.

why? he had no idea.

so he attacks with the only method he knows. the same one that broke him down years ago.

i suppose so.

but his opponent then had been more powerful than him. she had a distinct advantage that he could never hope to fleece over elisabeth. nevertheless, he must commit.

they brought me great comfort. and i would look forward to them more now than ever, all things considered.

a heavy exhale expels dwindling regrets.

but i understand…

and he steels himself for his inevitable loss.

i’ll cherish the memories fondly, fiorelli.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,429 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 12:41:46 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tromperie
[break][break]
[break]
And in this, he proved how little he knew her.

Whatever hold he had on her slackened with the self-pity and loss in his words, relief visibly flooding her as her arms fell to her sides.

Her opponent in the past had been expertly acquainted with her weaknesses, exploiting them with merciless precision. Silently, she had feared that this man, too, had learned enough of who she was to be able to cut into the carcass of her dignity all the same.

Instead, gave her a merciful reprieve from her own vulnerability: the escape she craved.

"We can be civil about this," Elisabeth said, a calm returning to her words. "It's a small region, and you are one of its more prominent members. We're bound to see one another again."

She couldn't see the attack for what it was, which is why she read it as a surrender. The steely exterior that had manifested itself about Elisabeth lowered and faded, reverting to a professional politeness that mirrored the way they had first met one another.

"Believe me when I say there are others in Hoenn better suited to giving comfort than I."

She turned her back to him and the impenetrable gaze of his single eye, and began to make her way to the door.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 6:03:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OBLIQUITY

“INDEED.”

there is not stopping her. words have long run dry. as has his will.

ultimately, she is right. she is little more than a distraction. one of the few solaces that fernando finds worth investing in. a rare bubble that allows him to unwind with what little time he has left. and, he allows her to pop it.

but he knows she’s wrong in one aspect. there are no others. because circumstances such as these are on in a million.

good bye elisabeth.

now and forever.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,429 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 6:40:44 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
Tromperie
[break][break]
[break]
Freedom exhilarated her.

Every step towards the door Elisabeth feared some words that might pull her back. Some remark that might snag her in place, hooking her back into that room where she could feel herself so close to saying or doing something foolishly revealing.

Somehow, this time, she had escaped when she wanted to.

As Elisabeth signed out of the hospital, retrieving her Pokémon and other sensitive items from security, her hand shook with a faint tremor. One she stilled as best as she could, unable to place exactly where the nerves had arisen from.

Relief? Panic? Or perhaps reassurance that the truth she'd held as self-evident in her mind was, in fact, true:

This had all meant absolutely nothing.

Anonymity had emboldened her to play this silly little game. Elisabeth was nothing and no one in a world full of Avatars, cunning politicians, fierce soldiers, and brilliant scientists: just one more pretty face in a region filled with pretty faces, like one rose flourishing in a thicket of countless other blossoms.

The idea that someone like wanted anything more than a passing distraction from such a person was absurd.

She had been willing to be a distraction. Something without strings or attachment. Something casual, light, entertaining even: one stranger speaking with another, and taking comfort in the safety of that strangeness.

Although.

Walking into the sunlight, Elisabeth wandered idly about Lilycove's streets, unfocused in the haze of her thoughts. The tremor returned, and with it, an uncomfortable truth that she suppressed to the best of her ability:

He angered her.

That he had let her believe, for a moment, that she was more than what she had been willing to let herself be to him. That he had confused her with the intensity of his attentions, that he had dedicated his gratitude to her, and that he had dared to guilt her now in that very hospital room.

More than that, more than anything, it infuriated Elisabeth to know the truth of him was what she always feared it would be.

She resented that she had chosen him to turn to in her quiet moments of loneliness, in the darkest hours of night.

She loathed that she had ignored those warnings in herself and selfishly continued onward. If she hadn't learned what she did of him, by the grace of selling her soul to Rocket as she had, that time in the hospital room might have been spent very differently.

How nauseating was the admission of that weakness.

For a moment Elisabeth allowed herself to stew in her own indignation and self-loathing, before the thoughts were quietly filed away and pushed aside, like so many other sins and follies she failed to forgive herself for.

The composure returned, and with it, a tidy compartmentalization. She would go home and she would tend to her garden. She would lose herself in her work, as she always did, and later go to the Rocket Headquarters and continue in her newfound duties as an admin.

This was what Elisabeth told herself as she departed, at least.

Instead, in the coming hours, she would spend the rest of the day and night ransacking her home for an object she could not find: yanking out drawers, turning over bedsheets, emptying her closet, and uprooting countless flowers in her garden in the hopes of finding something she knew, she already knew with sinking dread, was elsewhere.

She'd been so careful in so many ways, and so, so breathtakingly reckless in others.

In a hospital room in Lilycove, sitting on a little black card, sat a forgotten little gold ring.

A Kalosian family heirloom.

A poisoner's ring.

And, perhaps most damnably and innocuously of all, a peculiar master key to a poisoner's basement.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Outfit
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OBLIQUITY
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 3:51:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: