1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
one man's cringe is another man's tattoo | m
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 14:03:56 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
A temporary daycare had been set up at Splashfest to handle all the tourists and vacationers who had come for Splashfest. It is afternoon, and while the sun was still blisteringly hot in the sky, it was coming near 5 PM with Pokemon in full force.

The day care was filled to the brim across the sand beach. A portion of it had been sectioned off specifically for trainer's Pokemon, patrolled by Rangers and cared for by hundreds of volunteer trainers who had decided to add a little cash in their pockets while attending Splashfest. Callan finished accessing the PC by the tend, retrieving his Hisuian Typhlosion, Ardbert.

"You okay boy?" Callan remarked, scratching its pelt just above where its ghostly flames would be. Ardbert would be a set piece for tonights's concert, with his ghostly purple flames dancing across the stage in deep purple and red wisps. In truth, he wondered about the appropriateness of using his Pokemon as stage props, but as he had found, he was changing quite a bit due to his status.

As he turned to leave however, a single, perceivably notable face caught his eye. He had seen the man once in person, but ever since, a few times on TV. "Barnaby?" Callan spoke, noticing the man's (I'm actually not sure if the hair is now black or blonde, so I'm just gonna say this is whatever color the man's hair is now)-colored hair and tall figure amidst the crowd.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 1:36:48 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Blonde.

Golden and gorgeous. Slightly damp from a recent Dunk Tank ousting. His hair almost shimmered in the waning sunlight, a sight rivaled only by the journalist's characteristic gleaming smile.

He was here by the corralled Pokémon for a simple reason: sobering up. One too many frozen margaritas had taken their toll and now Barnaby needed a little breather before heading back to the popup bars where friends like and awaited. He was still rather tipsy though, as evidenced by the pink tint to his cheeks - but that could be easily mistaken for a sunburn, right?

Barnaby's adorable STUFFUL was an admirable distraction in this endeavor. The little one was positively ecstatic to be out and about, and on a beach no less! Sand was a foreign concept to her tiny paws, the shifting grains a miracle underfoot. So, she was digging up a storm, of course!

A name on the wind caught Barnaby's attention, goading his gaze away from his STUFFUL. It was familiar, but just barely. In fact, he'd probably more easily recognize the man's voice if he was saying it through a mic rather than calling across a crowd.

"Callan!" It took barely a second to connect a face to a name. was extremely popular nowadays, after all, as were the other members of TERAVOLT; headliners for Splashfest, even. How could Barnaby not recognize him when posters with his likeness were plastered everywhere?

He waved the guitarist over with an enthusiasm only slightly influenced by the alcohol in his system. "Good to see you!"
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 7:19:28 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"You as well brother." He replied, as he walked over. Normally, reporters sent him into an immediately smile-or-run response, but Barnaby's open demeanor and the tint on his cheeks told him he was off-duty for today. Callan returned the smile, though his eyes immediately perked towards the small brown and orange teddy bear in front of him.

A mighty beast, all appearances to the otherwise. His Typhlosion moved over to the sun, to bask in the rays as Callan observed. "A powerful Pokemon." Callan remarked, turning towards its trainer. "Here to deposit your friend at the daycare, or just taking a walk?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 3:12:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"A little of both, honestly." He chuckled as the words left his lips, sounding bright and unrestrained.

"I just needed a quick breather before heading back." Barnaby glanced to the side, where he could see the central festival area and the throngs of guests enjoying their evening. From this vantage point the main stage was in clear view.

"How about you? One last walk before the big show?"

As the two men talked, Barnaby's STUFFUL appeared to run out of her seemingly infinite energy and ceased her digging. Instead, she noticed the TYPHLOSION nearby and waddled up to him, her beady eyes unblinkingly trained on the Fire-type Pokémon. She watched him for a few seconds, as if considering her next action, before sticking a rounded limb out and poking Callan's TYPHLOSION softly on the flank.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 10:59:46 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Breathers are good, especially when alcohol is concerned." Callan replied hypocritically, turning towards the Stufful as it gently prodded his Typhlosion, Ardbert. It puffed away its bright purple flame from fear of burning the small bear, as it slouched over slightly to run its paw against the Stufful's fuzzy coat, humming in satisfaction as it does. It was hard to belief that it was not in fact a stuffed animal, and instead a vicious predator that lived among the grasslands.

Callan chuckles at the question. "Mainly brooding across the beach as I pick up my Pokemon from the day care." He replied. "Care to walk back, or just in any particular direction as we talk?" He began, as he started to walk back, "I saw your interview with , fascinating stuff." He began, turning his eyes towards the talk show host, "What drove you to do talk show hosting, if I might ask?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 1:34:53 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
At first, Barnaby's STUFFUL was very much the withholding observer, not willing to react positively or negatively to the attention. She neither stiffened nor leaned into Ardbert's touch, yet continued to maintain eye contact with the TYPHLOSION. Eventually though, after some predetermined time that only made sense to her, the STUFFUL began to loosen up and purr in satisfaction. She was an odd one, but her cute looks made up for her aloof personality.

"Brooding, hm...?" Barnaby almost asked what motivated to do so, but figured the answer was rather obvious. It could be seen off in the distant ocean, in fact, imprisoning all of Hoenn. Or, perhaps the impending meteoroid weighed heavy on the guitarist's mind. Whatever the case, there was much to brood over lately.

"Sure, let's head back together." He agreed, springing up from the sand and wiping any stray sediment from his shorts. When all looked good, he whistled for his Pokémon to follow as they walked together.

"Did you now?" This reveal brought a shining smile to Barnaby's lips. "I'm glad you found it interesting. I quite liked that interview, too." had delved into several topics that Barnaby's viewers found intriguing, if not endearing. It made for a good show.

Before answering Callan's follow-up question, Barnaby mused over his response. He wondered how honest he should be, weighed whether being politically correct was worth it in such a lowkey encounter.

In the end, the alcohol decided for him.

"Honestly? I'm quite nosy, Callan." Barnaby's smile had morphed into a teasing grin, showing that his words were at least partially true.

"I enjoy the celebrity, too. Perhaps you can commiserate with that?" 's swift rise to fame was well-documented. But was it something that he truly wanted?

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 13:21:06 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Do you mean whether I enjoy interacting with celebrities or being one, Barnaby?" He chuckled, turning towards the man. He pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it with a cheap lighter. "It would depend on the company of the person, and I typically find the more power someone has, the more it exposes them to the foibles of their character."

As for the other interpretation, "Being a celebrity though is definitely better than not." Callan replied. "I enjoy my work being recognized. For me it is less to do with being famous as much as it is what I am famous for: music, talent, composition. I see it as an external validation of something I've always known about myself." He paused. "The benefits of privilege are a bonus, far better than being without, I think. Even if you count the constant stalking, lack of privacy, being judged on your every action and word, and also the constant trash talking behind your back, it's better than the alternative of being unnoteworthy, don't you agree?" His eyes flicker towards Barnaby over to the ocean.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 1:04:14 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Mmm, an important distinction." Of which Barnaby was surprised even proposed. In fact, as he continued to talk, the journalist was both impressed by Callan's introspection and disappointed in himself for the preconceived notions he'd had of the guitarist. He had deceived himself.

"I do agree." Barnaby's cobalt eyes held Callan's crimson gaze and, unbeknownst to the other man, there was a new glint of respect present there.

Just as he was about to elaborate on his thoughts, Barnaby was abruptly cut off by the nearby squeals of a gaggle of young women.

"Oh my GOSH, look, Ava! It's Callan fucking Young!" Their exasperations were so loud they carried across the din of the surrounding festival. Remarks such as he's so damn fine and I'd climb him like a tree were clearly audible. As was the piercing scream that came next...

"CALLAAAAAN!" A barrier separated the women from where the two men walked, but that didn't stop them from leaning over and waving their arms in an attempt to get the TERAVOLT guitarist's attention.

Barnaby lowered his sunglasses to the brim of his nose and gave a low whistle. "You weren't kidding about the lack of privacy."

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 9:14:03 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Their conversation was cut short by the squeals of nearby fans. Panic rose in his spine like a Spinarak crawling up his back. Callan's eyes briefly darted back towards Barnaby, as he slightly increased the pace at which they walked, then towards the group that hollered and waved across the fencing. He offered a brief handwave and a smile, before breaking off as they walked, "I'm sure you've had similar experiences Barnaby. I'm just the flavor of the month." Callan chuckled.

"Eventually the spotlight fades, what is left behind is your legacy. What will you accomplish for your art, what will you accomplish for your people, that is what you'll be remembered by," Callan smiles.

"In 1976, Eddie Van Halen innovated on the use of a Stratocaster with a Humbucker, in 1977, he brought the two handed arpeggio to the mainstream media. In amplification, he jury-rigged a VARIAC light dimmer to substitute for an amplifier to create a guitar sound that people wondered for years how he managed to make. In doing this, he created a renaissance for rock music that last for a half-century, and his contributions to both the art of music and to culture are still felt in your favourite bands and musicians to this day."

Callan paused as they near arrived at their destination; the bar. He himself was not going to head inside, "But I think I've wasted enough of your time," Callan's eyes turned towards the bar, he himself was unfortunately appointed to another meeting. "Let's talk another time though, I'm sure your friends are going to be wondering where you've been. And I'd rather not keep you with another tirade on musical technicalities that make little sense."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 2:02:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Ah. He knew that look all too well. The panicked eyes, the hastened pace. Barnaby extended his own stride to keep up, unfazed by the interruption from the scarecrow-like women (they really knew how to frighten people off!). To ease some of the tension, however, he lightly quipped, "Come now, no need for humility. You're at minimum the flavor of the year, Callan."

Their conversation turned serious yet again and Barnaby found himself engrossed in a mini music history lesson. Not something he had expected to hear on their short jaunt to the bar, but not altogether unpleasant. He'd heard of Eddie Van Halen, of course - even if Barnaby himself wasn't a rock 'n' roll enthusiast, there was just a level of fame there that transcended genres.

"Haha, no worries. You can go on tirades with me anytime." By the time Callan had finished, they'd already made it to Barnaby's destination.

"I had a pleasant time talking with you, Callan. Feel free to reach out if you ever want to get together again." From his pocket Barnaby withdrew one of his business cards and offered it to the TERAVOLT guitarist.

"Good luck tonight, by the way! I look forward to your performance." With that said, Barnaby sent off with a friendly wave before returning to the bar where his friends awaited.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 5:07:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: