he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 18:30:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
No matter how close Hoenn was to being crushed by a meteor, no matter how many people were panicking about the dome that covered the entire region, there was always one issue plaguing the region that had to be dealt with: Beheeyem stealing Wooloo. Even his own would frequently play around with any Wooloo or Dubwool it encountered.

But maybe dealing with these small issues was a nice way of getting his mind off everything he’d dealt with up to now. Who could contemplate the impending danger and past losses when one was dedicated to protecting some of the fluffiest Pokemon around?

Hideo had made sure to bring his own Beheeyem, because what else would be better at catching a Wooloo-napper than a Wooloo-afficionado? Of course, he made sure to have his Beheeyem identify himself properly so he wouldn’t get mixed up with the thieves: that snazzy pair of star-shaped sunglasses would make him impossible to confuse with any other Beheeyem.

He was lucky this farmer was already familiar with his Beheeyem; hadn’t been the first time they’d been here to help, after all.

Though it was the first time with this partner. Hideo didn’t really know anything about , so why not pass the time until the interloper arrived? Not much else to do in the middle of the night. “Pretty sure it’ll show up anytime now,” he said, “Elga here loves playing with my Wooloo at night.

And nighttime was prime-thieving hours.

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:59:30 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Well, this was an unusual situation. Not the part where she was keeping an eye out for Beheeyem trying to abduct fluffy Wooloo for reasons that Julia still didn't understand, but the part where her partner for the night was a 12-year-old. If she could read minds, she'd find it even stranger that they shared the thought pattern of trying not to think about their impending doom and past losses by focusing on a present issue.

[break][break]Hideo had a Beheeyem of his own to help with the mission, this one distinguished by his star-shaped sunglasses. "Oh, I love those sunglasses!" Julia had exclaimed upon seeing them. Not only were they useful in telling Elga apart from other Beheeyem, but they were also fun and stylish! Maybe she should invest in some accessories for her own team...

[break][break]Julia had one Pokémon of her own out: Spot the Lucario, whose aura sense would help track down the culprit, no matter how sneaky they tried to be. Sunglasses probably wouldn't be his thing, but maybe he'd like a cool scarf? Julia would have to think it over once they were done here.

[break][break]"You think that's what they're doing? Just playing with them?" Julia asked. Probably not, but the other possibilities were straight out of a sci-fi horror movie. And not the cheesy kind with bad special effects that you laughed at, either.

[break][break]As the two trainers talked, Spot watched the horizon, the four appendages on his head partially raised as he searched the area for any unusual auras.

[attr="class","juliatag"]

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 22:57:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo snorted at the mention of his Beheeyem's glasses. "We got them from a contest we were in," he explained, "The Mastermind contest. We got in third place, and it got pretty close too. They let us each choose to keep something, and Elga chose to keep the glasses."

And this was far from the first time he'd worn them. "Dunno how he wears them without ears though."

But he never tried to check; Hideo learned not to question fashion.

It sounded like his partner had brought a pretty useful array of Pokemon, and his Beheeyem had confirmed such earlier. They probably wouldn't have much issue tracking down the thief.

The question why the thief was here at all was a good one. "Dunno why it'd take them if it just wanted to play. I don't think Wooloos like getting abducted any more than we do." Which was to say, not at all. "They gotta get something out of it. We'll just have to catch them and-"

Their collective patience paid off, as Hideo got the Telepathic ping from his Beheeyem that the thief had arrived. Julia's Lucario would no doubt spot the Beheeyem-shaped aura around the back of the barnyard. "Seems we found'em. Let's go!"

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 20:04:10 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"That's awesome!" Julia said. "I've never been in a contest before, but they sound like a lot of fun."

[break][break]When she took a closer look at Elga, she realized that, yep, the Beheeyem had no ears. How was he wearing those, then? Man, this was gonna bug her now.

[break][break]"I dunno, either. Telepathy, maybe?" The word Julia was looking for was "telekinesis," but in her defense, she wasn't exactly a Psychic-type expert.

[break][break]Hideo had a point that the Wooloo probably didn't like being abducted, but Julia thought that some Pokémon just had strange ways of thinking. Still, even if it was some weird form of play, abducting its "playmates" seemed a bit extreme. She didn't get a chance to vocalize her thoughts, though. Hideo suddenly stopped mid-sentence, and Spot's ears and appendages perked up once he'd spotted the thief's aura. The Lucario turned and nodded at his trainer. Julia nodded back.

[break][break]"Looks like it," she said. "Lead the way, Spot."

[break][break]She crept behind her faithful Lucario, trying to keep her footsteps as quiet as possible. Though maybe that was pointless, given that their opponent was a Psychic-type. Would it be better to rush in before it could react? Wait, hold on, was just thinking about this putting her at a disadvantage? Maybe if she just thought really hard about doing the opposite of what she was actually going to do, she could trick it? Except she'd just thought about doing that, so now it knew, and this was why Julia didn't like thinking too hard about plans and stuff, dang it! Was this how Chester felt when his heads couldn't agree on a decision?

[break][break]The heck with it; she was just gonna go for it. "Get in close and grab 'em," Julia whispered to Spot. Spot nodded, keeping his aura sights locked on the little thief, and dashed forward with a Mach Punch. He didn't intend to hit the Beheeyem, just get close enough to grab it for questioning.

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 23:14:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"It was! I had some close calls, but I was one of the few to make it to the end!" Even if he hadn't won, it had been a pretty fun experience - and that crossbow more than made up for a lack of trophy.

Banter about what Telepathy was could wait: they had a thief to catch! And it seemed like one of his partner's speedier Pokemon ran on ahead. Hideo grabbed on to his Beheeyem, who helpfully lifted itself up like a balloon Psychically so they could try to keep up.

The Lucario would still get to the thief first. And that Mach Punch wouldn't even give the bandit a chance to respond, grabbed before it could attempt to resist. Everyone else would have enough time to catch up and meet the Beheeyem Bandit.

Though for all who could see, this Beheeyem looked quite a bit different from Hideo's. Not just from the lack of star-shaped sunglasses: this one had a solid blue coat over its body, with yellow buttons on the front and over its hands. White wool lined its collar.

Wooloo wool.

It seemed pretty annoyed by its capture, glaring at the Lucario, but there wasn't much it could do. Not until it spotted Hideo's Beheeyem. The buttons on its hands began to blink rapidly, Hideo's own doing the same.

Unfortunately, it was entirely silent, so Hideo just stood there confused. "...soooo I guess we ask it what it's doing or-"

A quick set of blinks from his Beheeyem Telepathically answered that. "Oh, Elga's talking to her right now! He says he's almost got it."

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 21:02:30 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Oh, wow, Julia didn't think it'd be this easy to catch the thief. With how hard she'd been pondering on plans and not-plans a second ago, she thought she'd blown their cover by thinking too loud. But when she rounded the corner, she saw that Spot had a firm grasp on the Beheeyem. The Beheeyem that was wearing a coat. Julia blinked. That was two Beheeyem wearing some kind of clothing in one night. What were the odds?

[break][break]Luckily and surprisingly, it didn't try to strike or even struggle. Instead, it glared at Spot, who gave a reproachful look right back. "We got it," Julia said to Hideo as he approached. "Now let's figure out what it's up to."

[break][break]It wasn't like she could get the answer straight from the Cerebral Pokémon's mouth, though. It was a good thing Hideo had brought Elga along! The thief's hand buttons began to blink, and Elga's uncovered digits flashed in return. This was apparently the species' way of talking to one another.

[break][break]As Elga interrogated the other Beheeyem, Julia realized something about their little thief. "I think it's wearing Wooloo wool on its collar," she whispered to Hideo. "That might have something to do with why it's kidnapping Wooloo." But why would a Beheeyem be wearing a coat? Did it belong to someone who was ordering it to abduct these poor Wooloo? Or was it just trying to imitate humans? Julia knew that some Pokémon liked to do that.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 19:11:45 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was a bit difficult understanding exactly what Elga was telling him. Telepathy was never 1:1, and Hideo often had to infer a lot. Bits like “clothing” and “take” could be interpreted in several different ways.

But his partner’s comments helped put a few details together. One, that the other Beheeyem was even wearing clothing at all. Another that she had Wooloo wool on her clothing. “Yeah, I think that might…Elga, is she kidnapping Wooloo for their wool?

A quick set of beeps that Hideo understood completely: a confirmation. “Ok! So she’s kidnapping sheep to make clothing! That’s…do Beheeyem usually do that?” He got the Telepathic version of a shrug for that one. “I always thought Beheeyem experimented on Wooloo. Or played with them. Elga only really plays with them when he can.

Was it a Beheeyem’s instinct to interact with Wooloo like that? Who knew?

Well at least we know why she’s doing it.” His hand went to his hips; they’d found the reason, but now they were left with what to do next. “But now we gotta do something with her. I don’t really know how to arrest a Pokemon, other than just catching them.

That got him a glare from the held Beheeyem, less than pleased with that suggestion.

But a few timely beeps from his own Beheeyem caught his attention: a suggestion. “You want to talk to the farmer?” He raised an eyebrow. “Well, guess it would be right to let him decide.

He turned towards his partner. “What do you think? Should we bring her over to the farmer?

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 18:09:03 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Did Beheeyem usually do that? "I don't think so," Julia answered. "I don't see many Pokémon wearing clothes unless their trainer gave them to them." Especially not entire coats. Some wild Pokémon picked up accessories like sunglasses or bracelets either left behind by or plucked from humans, but this was a new one.

[break][break]"I don't think we can arrest Pokémon, but if she has a trainer, we might be able to arrest them." Julia used "we" loosely here; she didn't actually have the authority to arrest anybody, but she could call for an officer, if needed. "But unless she's got some sort of identification on her or Elga can ask her, the only way we can find that out is to try using a Poké Ball on her." And the Beheeyem didn't seem happy about that suggestion, if her glare was any indication.

[break][break]Hideo relayed Elga's suggestion that they talk to the farmer. "Oh, that's a good idea! We still need to find out where the missing Wooloo are, too." Hopefully they were okay; they wouldn't need to be harmed—or worse—if this Beheeyem just wanted their wool, right?

[break][break]She motioned for Spot, still holding tight to his prisoner, to follow. "Let's go," she added for Hideo's sake.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 15:21:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeah. Closest you usually get are Pokemon that look like they’re wearing clothing.” His Beheeyem came to mind, funny enough; he’d been told they looked like they were trying to blend in as humans, even looking like they wore clothing. Though the one they caught was going a step further and wearing actual clothing.

Did Beheeyem know how to make actual clothing?

She probably does belong to someone. Beheeyem are smart, but this is really well-coordinated for a random Pokemon. And she’s alone.” He didn’t doubt she could work off what she was told to do, but this was too many steps for a Pokemon to do alone.

But first, it was time to bring the culprit to the farmer. The Beheeyem didn’t struggle much, more annoyed by the situation than terrified. She’d been communicating with Hideo’s Beheeyem the entire time, and once they made it to where the farmer was, she Teleported out of the Lucario’s grip - although only a meter away.

A brief pause as Hideo got another message. “Oh, I think Elga’s saying they’re gonna talk to the farmer. They’re…gonna make a deal?

It’d take a bit of time, with Hideo’s Beheeyem acting like a Telepathic translator for a rather groggy farmer, but they eventually came to an agreement: the thief would return the sheep that she’d stolen, and would help provide protection against any other thieves. In return, the farmer would give her wool to make clothing.

A pretty good deal,” Hideo said, “Deal with the thief, and stop other thieves.

Another quick message from his Beheeyem. “Elga’s saying she’ll get her trainer to make coats for us too. She’ll make one for one’ve your Pokemon if you want, ‘bout the same look as hers.” He didn’t know what that look was like, but Elga seemed to really want one for himself - and for Hideo as well.

Not that he needed another jacket, but a matching one with his Beheeyem would be pretty cool now that he thought about it.

close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 20:51:44 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

"Some of them do look like they're wearing clothing..." Julia mused. Gardevoir and its "dress" came to mind, as did Sylveon and its ribbon-like feelers. Heck, even Spot's leg fur looked like shorts. Maybe those features had inspired ancient people to make their own clothing? Julia didn't know enough about ancient history to know for sure, but it made sense. The only other explanation was that Pokémon had evolved over time to copy those same clothes. Buuuuut she could figure that out later (or at least web-search it).

[break][break]She nodded at Hideo's analysis. Yeah, it made a lot more sense for their thief to be trained than just some random wild Pokémon trying to blend in.

[break][break]Spot's eyes widened when his quarry suddenly vanished, but the Beheeyem reappeared in front of the farmer. It seemed the thief was going to try to strike a deal of some kind. At first, Spot looked wary of this, but he gradually relaxed when he read the Beheeyem's aura didn't sense any malicious intent.

[break][break]"Sorry to wake you," Julia said to the farmer. She went silent as this telepathic deal was made, and then Hideo relayed just what that deal was. Julia cupped her chin with her thumb and index finger as she thought it over. "Well, as long as it's okay with the farmer. We still don't actually know who the trainer is, though. I wanna meet them first." It'd probably be up to the farmer to press charges for theft, but Julia was curious about something: Did the Beheeyem's trainer know that their Pokémon was doing this, or had they coordinated it themselves?

[attr="class","julianotes"]

notes.

we can do meeting the trainer "off screen" if you want to wrap this up. also, i have no idea which of her pokemon would look best in a wool-lined coat. or how to sprite edit.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Prime Theft Hours [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 1:16:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: