6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 21:15:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had passed his written exam to become a full-fledged, independent Ranger, with intent to transfer from Fortree City to Mauville City shortly after he received his new uniform and his title was updated. He was even showing promise in a leadership role, passing on so much of what he had learned so quickly to new recruits. While his focus as a Ranger was narrow, he was very good at what he did. As a Rookie Ranger, there was a hard limit on the types of missions he could take on.

Today, that would all change.

The final section of the Practical Exam would be today, under supervision of the very capable , Ranger Captain of the distant Ever Grande City. It would be going on a mission much more dangerous than Rookie Rangers were allowed to take on their own. Unlike many of the missions he had been on before, where he simply had to deal with saving people or Pokémon in non-pressure situations, such as island rescues where the victims were safe but merely marooned, this one would put Josh in real danger. Once he had reached the meeting place at a small Ranger station on County Line Road at the very northern edge of Mauville City, Josh gently tugged back on his Pyroar's reins, signaling him to stop. He pulled out his phone and logged back into RangerNet to review the briefing.

TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennrangers.gov)
CC: Cpt. Ollie Morales (oliver.morales@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Pride Lands"
PROTOCOL: Dispersal
DANGER: ★★★☆☆

A small but growing pride of Litleo and Pyroar have expanded their territory past Lake May northeast of Mauville City, making Route 111 impassible by all but the most skilled of Trainers. This has caused massive travel and supply chain disruptions throughout central and western Hoenn. Several civilian injuries and a single fatality have already been reported. Your mission is to relocate the pride back to the northwest side of Lake May and make Route 111 safe for travelers again. Lethal force is authorized but should only be used as a last resort.

Wild Pyroar, particularly the males, are very territorial and dangerous. You will be assigned to Cpt. Ollie Morales on this mission, and he will be your lead. If he is impressed with your performance on this mission, he may recommend you for promotion to Cadet.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

Josh knew what he was up against. From the very Pokémon he was astride, he knew Pyroar were fast and powerful. If one got the jump on him, it could wreak devastating harm with even one swipe of its paw. He felt his own Pyroar was his best negotiation tool, though the riding gear would be an instant tip-off Aslan was not part of their pride. Still, maybe he would be able to garner respect from that way? No matter; he couldn't take off for his duty without the Captain. After looking around for him and being unable to locate him, Josh sent him a direct message via RangerNet; a simple "I'm at the corner of County Line Road and 92nd Street right now."

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Twilight      Absol          Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Yagyu         Doublade       Good

{WC: 527}
{PC: 1}

Commitment: Act 2
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 21:26:33 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

ollie loved hanging out with rangers, especially new recruits. training them was a favorite part of his job — because it reminded him of the time that he and would hang out when they'd been rookies. though — it wasn't like things were all that different. even as much as they'd grown, ollie always made sure to pay the head ranger a visit (or a text, or a call) just to annoy him enough so that he'd been knocked down a peg. it was a important segment of their relationship.

[break][break] oh right. he was supposed to be meeting today, not daydreaming about the head ranger.

[break][break] flying on his dragonite, ollie spots the young ranger from a distance. it's easy to, with the way that he is riding atop his magestic pyroar.

[break][break] "hey bro!" he says with a wave as they touch down onto the ground. "cool ride. that yours?" he flashes a grin. "and you ready for this?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
commitment act ii

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 7:48:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The wind from the Dragonite's rapid wingbeats startled Josh as Ollie touched down hear him, though Aslan seemed calm enough. "Captain Oliver? Or is it Ollie?" Josh greeted the high-ranking Ranger, offering a handshake. "He is mine! Great to meet you in person finally! Josh, a Pokémon racer looking to turn pro. Beneath me is Aslan, my Pyroar. He can be a little rambunctious but he's a good egg." The Pyroar stepped toward Ollie and would gently nuzzle him if he allowed it. If he did, he might have been able to feel the vibration behind a deep purr.

Aslan was larger than the average Pyroar, and as such, would be a perfect fit for this mission. "I hope this is the last time you'll see me in a green uniform," the racer turned Ranger said with a smile, eagerly anticipating his promotion that hinged on the outcome of today's mission. "I have mad respect for Dragonite riders," he complimented Ollie on his choice of mount. "You have to have pretty substantial thigh strength to control one. I prefer Dragonair myself, but if you can handle a Dragonite, they can really pour on the speed if you don't have to make any turns."

"Absolutely!" Josh answered the Captain. "Aslan, let's go!" Firmly holding the reins and squeezing the feline's sides, Josh bounced about in the saddle from the Pyroar's back flexing harshly in acceleration, though the ride became much more smooth when he was up to his meager top speed. Well, meager compared to the supersonic speeds a Dragonite could reach, anyway!

The two were quick to pass by Josh's Minor League Gym at Trainer Hill, the sheaths of Yagyu, his Doublade, occasionally clinking against one another as his Pyroar galloped north. Though it was closed today, he did have a single challenge scheduled for the weekend. "There's my Gym," he pointed toward the sprawling facility containing multiple race tracks. Lake May was not far off now...

{WC: 328}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 15:41:59 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ollie. most definitely." his nose scrunches up at the thought of being called oliver. that was what called him when she was pissed at him, because it was what pa had called him when he was in trouble.

[break][break] "nice t'meet 'cha josh! you too aslan!" ollie greets the both of them with a grin, dismounting off of his own dragonite to accept the pyroar's nuzzles.

[break][break] 'thigh strength?' was this dude hitting on him? kind of weird, but hey, whatever floats his boat.

[break][break] anyway, they were on a time schedule! it wasn't like they could spend that much time chatting it up. ollie was more than eager to get ready, mounting atop his dragonite once more. as they set off, it occurred to ollie that he hadn't introduced his own mount. "oh yeah, this is pistachio. i guess you could call him rambunctious too." the dragonite snorted loudly, showing his opinion of the adjective. "but he's a good guy too." ollie grinned.

[break][break] "woah, cool gym my guy! impressive that you can handle both." ollie knew that he never could. or at least, that he didn't want to. being tied down to a single place sounded awful. being captain of a particular city was pushing it and if ollie didn't love repping the rangers so much, he would've turned it out down.

[break][break] as they neared lake may, ollie cleared his throat once more. "so what's your gameplan? i know usually captains take the leads on these kind of things, but i'm kinda curious what you wanna do. especially since you wanna strip your green colors — it'll be a great start."

[break][break] ollie was, after all, a very hands-on mentor.

commitment act ii

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 4:38:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Alright, I'll call you Captain Ollie then," Josh replied with a smile, flipping his helmet's visor down in preparation for what would probably be a high speed run north. As the two were traveling to Lake May, the Captain introduced his Dragonite to him. "That's a good name for him! My team has to be well-behaved too, considering what we do. One mistake and both of us could get seriously hurt!" The terrain was flying by as Aslan had made it up to speed. Holding the reins of the Kalosian King of Pokémon certainly got the racer's skin tingling, the feline's powerful and swift strides propelling the two to beyond legal highway driving speeds. It was an adrenaline rush that never got old.

"It's a funny story how that came to be," Josh had to raise his voice to be heard over the howling wind. "I put in an application to the Minor League as soon as I saw it was a thing, figuring it would help me in my Gym Challenge I wanted to do at the time." He shared the story of how he defended a shrine to the legendary Pokémon Raikou from would-be thieves, though he left out the part where he expressed deep interest in befriending Raikou. Ollie would probably think he was a nutcase for that. "So that's how I became a Ranger. Then the very next day, when I tried to withdraw my application for my Gym, it already got approved. So now I'm stuck with three seasonal jobs: my racing career, Ranging, and now Gym duties. I don't mind; I love what I do. I just don't get a lot of time to myself." It was a good thing he had such a good work ethic; it would have been overwhelming for most people to work so many different jobs.

The story made the ride go by quickly; they had arrived near Lake May, and could see many Litleo wandering uncomfortably close to the road, looking for prey. There was a trio of female Pyroar on the prowl, too. Josh pulled back on Aslan's reins to assess the situation. He hopped off the Pyroar's back and sent out his Manectric, Saber, who was also wearing full riding gear. "I'm thinking the best way to resolve this peacefully is to have Aslan pose as their pride leader. He's quite big for a Pyroar. I don't think the Litleo will need much convincing, but the wild Pyroar could be trickier. If they buy it, he could lead them to a new hunting ground on the other side of the lake or something."

The Leader let go of the reins with his right hand, moving it to the sheath containing half of Yagyu, his Doublade. "If they don't buy it, I can always try to isolate the Pyroar, and Aslan could show his supremacy among his kind. Plus I have my other Pokémon if things escalate out of hand. But I would prefer to resolve this without violence, if possible. Sound like a winner to you?"

{WC: 513}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 6:09:50 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

ouch, talk about bad luck.

[break][break] ollie didn't envy him; having three jobs, even accidentally, seemed like a lot of work.

[break][break] "you seem like a capable guy. i'm sure you do great at it." his gaze twinkled. "if you ever need a rest day, or someone to step in, lemme know. i'm always happy to help."

[break][break] with that, ollie lets the rest of the conversation die down as their pokemon race through the horizon towards their destination. the sight of young litleo wandering the path means they're getting close, and just as steers to a stop, so does ollie. a quick tap at pistachio's side has the pokemon flapping it's wings to a stop; however unlike the younger ranger, ollie doesn't make a move to disembark his pokemon nor take another of his own.

[break][break] ollie places a hand on his chin, rubbing it in thought. "good idea — not sure if it'd work. pokemon are smarter than you'd think; i'm sure they'd sniff out the imposter right away. even cubs."

[break][break] "having aslan negotiate with them might work - but we should be prepared for any issues. if we're not careful, the pokemon could scatter and that'd make everything we do for naught. it'd take days to find them all again. not to mention, the little ones could get hurt in the process."

commitment act ii

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 7:45:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks so much," Josh sighed, smiling. He had only ever met one Ranger he had locked horns with, and that Ranger had been severely punished by the Head Ranger. The racer shook his head; now was not the time to dwell on the past. Not when there was serious work to be done. "...There's a slight hole in my plan. Aslan's gear is going to make him stand out too much. Should have thought of this before we left and just rode a different Pokémon here."

He walked up to the ride-trained Pyroar and ran his fingers through the great cat's mane. "I'm gonna need to de-gear you real quick. Can you hold still?" A nod and a deep purr he could feel were all the confirmation he needed. There were a lot of buckles and loops to undo; while big cats were extremely fast and challenging yet fun to ride, the gear needed to keep a rider as stable as possible was much more extensive than with most Pokémon. It was so much that Josh sent out a third Pokémon, his Absol, when he was done. Like his other Pokémon, this one was geared up and trained for racing. His whole squad probably was!

He loaded up Saber with the Pyroar's gear, then climbed atop the stoic dark-type for mobility in case things escalated. As he guided the Absol to face Aslan, Josh's eye twitched. He had been so used to seeing the lion in a saddle and bridle that the fire-type looked like a totally different Pokémon without them. It was akin to seeing someone who wore a wig and glasses not wearing them; they looked like another person entirely.

"Alright, Aslan. It's all you now. I want you to try to convince the leader of the pride to migrate back to the other side of the lake. And try to do it as peacefully as possible. Don't be afraid to defend yourself, but if things start to look bad, you come back here and let me know." The large Pyroar nodded and bounded toward the pride. The Rookie let out a sigh. "It's all up to him now, Captain."

{WC: 367}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 8:44:35 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

the kid doesn't listen to him. or at least he doesn't seem to, the way that one topic slides seamlessly into another. ollie doesn't mind, though. he knows he himself has trouble keeping on topic sometimes.

[break][break] "that gear's pretty cool," he observes. "but good point - it would definitely make him stand out."

[break][break] among other things.

[break][break] even if aslan was a perfect mimicry of the pride leader, there was still going to be difficulties ahead. as ranger captain, ollie knew that things were often easier said than done.

[break][break] but that didn't mean that they couldn't try.

[break][break] he watches with curiosity as 's pyroar leaps forward towards the group of cubs to masquerade as their leader. the group he approaches is made of two young cubs, and one slightly older. all three look up at the giant pyroar with a mixture of awe and confusion, and things seem to be going well when there is a sudden snarl in the distance.

[break][break] ollie glances towards it, and then back at . "uh oh. looks like we have some company."

[break][break] still, ollie doesn't move — this is the ranger's moment, not his.

[break][break] "what do you suggest we do, joshie?"

[break][break]

commitment act ii

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 7:50:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks," Josh took the remark as a compliment, Aslan making conversation with the young cube to try to gain insight as to what caused the pride to start migrating in their dangerous southeast direction. He did leave out a small detail...maybe the migration wasn't dangerous to the lions, but it was dangerous to Josh and other humans trying to travel the road. "It's a lot, but it's needed. It's well-known that big cats make for challenging mounts because of how much their backs flex. They need the extra gear to keep a rider as stable as possible. Riding a Pyroar is really fun, though. They can turn on a dime and are super fast. Might let you give it a try on the way back when we report in."

The regal lion was ready to play the trump card about being captured not being such a bad thing, what with how good of an experience he had with the Leader. He wanted to use that strictly as a de-escalation tactic, though. Litleo would be much easier to convince than the Pyroar. There was a reason most trainer schools recommended catching the youngest form of a Pokémon and raising it yourself; fully evolved Pokémon were challenging to raise, particularly apex predators like Pyroar.

Then, the snarl came. Aslan and Twilight were both immediately on guard, the big lion's eyes shifting. He started sniffing about to try to get on the trail of whatever made that sound, as well. His senses guided him to the northwest, in the direction of Lake May. "Aslan's one of my best hunters. I'm sure whatever that was, he'll be able to track it down and handle it just fine. If thing get bad, I do have Twilight. A quick Night Slash or two will shut whatever that is up, if we have to. I still think my Pyroar's got this." Yes, it was a bit of a passive role for the Ranger, but if Aslan's cover was blown, things could get out of hand fast.

{WC: 342}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 17:53:16 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he smiles bright.

[break][break] "sounds like a plan!"

[break][break] ollie had ridden pokemon before, though perhaps not as experienced as the ranger, though he always appreciated any new experience as long as he could get them.

[break][break] emerald eyes regard with curiosity as they follow aslan's trail to whatever that sound was.

[break][break] "what would you do if it was a whole group of wild pokemon?" he asks amiably, pushing his hands into his pockets as they walk. "or pokemon disturbed by the distortion?" he tilts his head sideways, catching the other's gaze with his own. "orrr rocket?"

[break][break] a ranger had to be prepared for everything, after all.

commitment act ii

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 20:42:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh could back up his words, too: Aslan wasted no time getting on the trail, Twilight having to pick up the pace to keep the lion in sight. "You'll enjoy it. You really should catch one of the Litleo for yourself," he suggested. "They're a handful to raise, but they're loyal and powerful companions when they grow up. To me, they feel like Arcanine but for cat lovers. They're a species whose bark really is worse than their bite." He laughed, hoping Ollie would see the truth in it; after all, the species was known for their highly destructive HYPER VOICE.

As Josh and his Absol tailed Aslan, Ollie presented him with a number of scenarios. "That's the most likely scenario, and why I wanted to have Aslan go the diplomatic route at first. I was expecting to have to deal with an entire pride of Litleo and Pyroar," he reasoned. "The other two scenarios are super easy to handle, at least in theory. It's as simple as going in there and doing what Gym Leaders are supposed to do: battle!" It sure wasn't a very Ranger-like answer, but it got the job done! Fending off Rocket was more Officer work anyway, and Josh's roles as a Ranger and as a Gym Leader straddled the line. While he wasn't obligated to perform those kinds of duties, being in the Minor League, he wanted to get into the Major League, and having performed official duties would look good on his resume.

{WC: 250}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 6:08:40 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"cat lovers, huh? i think i'm more of a dog lover."

[break][break] after all, ollie liked being outside. he couldn't imagine being cooped up in a home, cuddled on the couch with a warm blanket and a book, and a cat rolled into his lap. not where there were adventures to be had.

[break][break] "but i might! they seem cool!"

[break][break] he grins cheekily at the other ranger, as they follow aslan.

[break][break] "good point. battling is always an option — but as rangers, i think it's good to avoid where possible. for example - " he lifts a finger. "what happens if you face the rocket, but there's a civilian in the way? if you battle a pride of wild pokemon, what is your goal? knock them out?"

[break][break] he shakes his head.

[break][break] "rangers focus on wild life scenarios, so quelling them in the most peaceful way possible - for both humans and pokemon - are essential."

[break][break] ollie looks up.

[break][break] "hey, looks like your aslan's found something."

commitment act ii

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 6:30:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed he had at least captured Ollie's interest regarding the feline species. "I love them for their high speed. They're terrifying in the wild, but tamed, you'll be hard-pressed to find land-bound Pokémon that can put on more speed than felines. The wind in your face truly is something else."

Perhaps Ollie's point was why Gym Leaders were typically on the Law Enforcement side than the Ranger side. Josh thought about it before answering. "I don't disagree, which is why I sent Aslan off on his own--"

The screech of a Liepard echoed from Aslan's direction. As the powerful lion left a paw on top of it, pinning its weakened body down, more of them crowded around the fire-type. It was clear what happened: a leap of Liepard had encroached upon the Pyroar pride's breeding grounds. Just as the one he had previously taken down fell unconscious, a second pounced. The wild cat and the trained one struggled against one another, each trying to flip the other onto their back and gain a big advantage in the duel.

"Would you look at that..." Josh trailed off, pointing toward the brawl. Several of the wild Pyroar were getting involved, coming to Aslan's aid.

{WC: 204}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 6:40:11 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sure, speed is one thing, but that's not everything."

[break][break] but ollie wasn't a rider - not the way was - so he was sure there was some that he was missing.

[break][break] "the feeling of wind in my hair when i ride my sawsbuck around evergrande's mountains is really amazing. you gotta try it."

[break][break] sure, pyroar were certainly capable of it too, but was it really the same?

[break][break] ollie's eyes drift towards the scene as they come to a close. it's exactly what the ranger captain thought would happen, but as the two prides begin to fight for dominance, the screeching gets increasingly louder.

[break][break] if they didn't intervene soon, this would get messier than it needed to be.

[break][break] his eyes drift towards waiting several moments to see if the other would do anything. but the other seemed full of awe at his pyroar's skill, which of course, was nothing to be clapped at. but they didn't have all day.

[break][break] "mocha, mozz! break it up!"

[break][break] releasing his two wyrdeer, the pokemon uses PSYCHIC. the powerful blast of power encloses all the pokemon in the nearby vicinity, suspending them in midair. his other wyrdeer uses CALM MIND to soothe the psyche of the wild pokemon. in mere moments, they were all padding away, closer towards their territory by Lake May.

commitment act ii

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pride Lands Rout [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 6:58:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh loved riding through the open fields north and west of Mauville. There was a reason he picked his Gym to be in that area. "When I get a Pokémon that's better suited for mountain travel, I'll have to hit you up on that!" There would be no going fast in mountainous terrain. Not without a flying Pokémon, anyway. He didn't get as much of a thrill out of being on a flying Pokémon; there was just something magical about feeling every running stroke, every thrust of a running Pokémon's legs. Felines' flexing backs exaggerated that movement, making them much more difficult to stay on. But to Josh, it was rewarding.

"So that's what you mean..." Josh gasped as he saw how quickly the Captain was able to break up the battle. Aslan came bounding back to Josh, though he was a little worse for wear. "You're amazing. I really do have a lot to learn before I can get my red uniform, don't I?" he asked, patching up the lion's wounds with some Super Potion and getting his saddle set up once again. "It looks like the pride will be able to go back to the old territory again. How about we head back to Mauville and you can tell me where I went wrong?" With that, the young man got back on Twilight's back and withdrew the fire-type, going at Ollie's pace for the return trip.

{WC: 242}
{PC: 8}