5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 14:33:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

This was…odd.

Alex would normally stay on the eastern side of Hoenn and keep watch over Fortree and the surrounding nearby areas, however as of late…

He’d been venturing out more and more often.

This time, he was close to Petalburg, nearby a familiar place where he’d spent a long afternoon with a certain bank CEO looking for Bug-types that they both had missed and coming away from the encounter with a rather productive haul.

But today, though, he was alone.

(And much as he wanted to inhale deeply, to relish the clean air so close to the forested area just outside the city, he…he couldn’t. Because it still fucking hurt.)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,955 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 6:47:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ever since his promotion to the Major League, Josh had been showered with praise from his friends, Rangers he had worked with, and especially the other Gym Leaders. had wanted to arrange for a crash course in racing before taking on his new Gym in Mauville, and several other Leaders had expressed interest in his challenge, as well. Once the 10th rolled around, he was going to be a very busy man. Not today, though. Today, he was going to see another Gym Leader on more relaxed terms: .

They were going to go soaring over Petalburg Woods together, in search of Pokémon that roamed the skies. This was also the first time in two months that he had left Saber behind on a trip. The Manectric was safely in storage, of course, but it felt weird not having his first Pokémon at his side. Josh did have his second, though; Pazuzu the Pidgeot was at his left as he flew toward the forest. Bladestorm the Skarmory was at his right, and beneath him was Slider the Braviary, one of his new catches. The flying-types, like the rest of his Pokémon, wore saddles, though these were different. These were cocoon saddles, typically used for large flying Pokémon. Harnessing surrounded the rider's waist, making them able to perform daring feats of flight, or even flying upside down, without fear of falling off.

The three birds made a shallow dive as soon as the Birdfather came into view. It did not take them long to land from their low altitude. "Alex!" Josh waved shortly after they touched down, flipping his helmet's visor back up so his face was completely visible. "Sorry I'm late! There was a shipping delay with Slider's tack. Had to get it rerouted to Petalburg, and it was a mess. But now he's ready to fly! Oh, these two are Pazuzu and Slider," the Leader gestured toward his Pidgeot and Braviary. "Bladestorm I'm sure you already know."

{WC: 333}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Ares          Charizard      Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Good
Goose         Unfezant       Good
Slider        Braviary       Good
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 21:48:15 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LOMBRE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]KNOCK OFF
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MANTINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"] TWISTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 18:45:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The quiet was eventually shattered by the fluttering of several pairs of wings that came in for a landing—

Oh, hello!

“Oh, hey, there’s no worry about being late, I just got here myself,” he began as he took inventory at the companion avians that the other was packing along with him.

Ooh, a Braviary—and it was of the normal coloration, to boot.

“Well, I’m sure you’re familiar with my Noivern, however…” he trailed off, summoning his own Braviary from a burst of red light. A blue-plumed Braviary spread his wings upon emergence, screeching toward the sky.

“He’s my first. My OG, if you may,” he continued with a grin as the avian spotted something—huh? What the—?

Wasn’t that a familiar-looking Mantine…?

The Braviary didn’t need further instruction as an avalanche of rocks—a Rock Slide—cut through the space.

“Uhh… Kyouya, why the hell are you—?!” he shouted at the blue-plumed avian, wondering what the hell was going on above their heads.

“Sorry ‘bout that,” he remarked as the Mantine shrieked, before letting loose a Twister towards the avian—but obviously the other wasn’t going to be outdone. An Aerial Ace brought down the Mantine, and he had to jump out of the way as the Mantine fell to the ground.

“Wha—what the hell? Aren’t you the…?!” he exclaimed as he quickly dropped a Pokéball on the Mantine, recognizing this particular one immediately.

catch attempt on Mantine!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,955 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 6:04:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The three birds screeched and squawked toward the Birdfather, Gym Leader of Fortree City, as well as the most impressive-looking Braviary Josh had ever seen. "Wow, that is one impressive looking Braviary!" he replied to Alex's greeting. "I've never seen one with plumage like that! Supposedly it's caused by a rare combination of recessive genes, from what I understand. Incredible find for your first Pokémon! Pazuzu here was my second Pokémon. I caught him a few days after I got Saber. And now, thirteen years later, we're still working to unlock the power of Mega Evolution together. Haven't been able to quite nail it. What's the Braviary's name--"

He got the answer when Alex shouted toward Kyouya, who was battling a Mantine that clearly looked familiar to the Leader. There were markings on it exactly where a saddle shaped for a Mantine would go. "This Mantine...no way. One of the ones from Splashfest...?" Capture successful or not, Josh would shake his head. "Anyway, down to business. We came out here for you to take me to pilot school, am I right? After how many times I almost crashed at your Gym? I still say you should have called my challenge off as soon as the weather got that bad."

{WC: 202}
{PC: 2}

Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Good
Goose         Unfezant       Good

Note: Passing this encounter!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 2:31:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LEAVANNY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENTRAINMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEAF BLADE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD YANMEGA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FRISK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SONIC BOOM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH LIFE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE MANTINE!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 5:28:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Actually—” he began, as the Braviary then kicked the occupied Pokéball his way.

“He used to have the normal-colored red plumage that all standard Braviary did. Then… one day, his feathers just… they all fucking fell out. I flipped my shit and panicked at first. Then… a few days later. Blue feathers started growing in and then—it’s been that way ever since.”

As he spoke, a Leavanny darted by behind them, undisturbed as he picked up the Pokéball with a look of concern.

“I have a feeling I’ve seen that Mantine before.”

skipping Leavanny

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,955 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 2:58:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had a hard time believing the Fortree Leader's story at first, but just about anything was possible; there was still a myriad of subject matter the human race did not understand about Pokémon. Even Mega Evolution was a relatively recent discovery. But he had never heard of a Pokémon spontaneously exhibiting characteristics of rare, recessive gene combinations that caused what was commonly known as a Pokémon being "Shiny".

Before Josh could answer, a sonic boom followed by the deafening droning of wings battered his ears. Goose let out a shriek as clearly some kind of sonic wave passed through him, Pazuzu also similarly squawking in pain. He covered his ears as the droning got louder and louder from its source approaching: a Yanmega quite a bit larger than normal for its kind. This male was enormous; he could get him fitted for racing, and it would be one of the most nimble aerial Pokémon on the circuit! There was just one problem.

The vibration.

He had past experience with Verte, a Flygon he had used to travel the skies of Hoenn when he last came to the region as a teenager. Flygon were unique among dragons; they could soar and glide, flapping their wings like birds or dragons, and they could also zip back and forth, buzzing their wings like insects. Josh had experience with both, and the vibration made him sick. As agile as a Yanmega was, they only flew by vibrating their wings.

The bug-type seemed insistent on harassing him, though; a second burst of SONIC BOOM left the birds on Slider's flanks quite hurt. "Slider, AERIAL ACE!" Josh shouted, hoping the Braviary could hear him over the buzzing. He could. uprooting a blade or two of grass during takeoff. With great speed Josh knew Alex would teach him to control someday, the giant bird snatched the wild out of the sky. His body shook with the Yanmega's, buzzing loudly and harshly in a desperate bid to get the bird to let go. Valuing his hearing, Josh released his right hand from his ear just long enough to bop the wild with an empty Poké Ball. Once it was withdrawn, he relaxed his arms, his right ear ringing from even the brief exposure to the bug-type's dangerous sonic attacks.

{WC: 386}
{PC: 2}

Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Fair
Goose         Unfezant       Fair

ooc note: Catching Yanmega!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 1:02:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD APPLIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RIPEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WITHDRAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLETCHLING APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GALE WINGS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ME FIRST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME CHARGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE YANMEGA!
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 20:13:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While the riot broke out—with the little Josh successfully managing to catch the Yanmega, he couldn’t help but purse his lips a few moments.

“Isn’t that going to be a bit dangerous to ride?” he asked the other—because he knew; he was speaking from personal experience.

There was a reason why most Yanmega he encountered almost always had whoever owned them carry them around like backpacks—they were just too thin to ride safely!

“Well that was a hoot,” he remarked.

“What’s the strangest Pokémon you’ve had to mount and ride out?”

skipping Applin

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,955 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 8:10:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It took a while for Josh to answer Alex, mostly due to needing the ringing in his ears to die down. Yanmega were great ride Pokémon; the ability to fly in any direction while facing any direction, while not unique to the gigantic insect, was not shared by many species. "You would be surprised what kind of gear can be rigged up for them," Josh replied. "You see, there's this green haired girl about my age. Really skinny. She has a Yanmega about that one's size. Maybe a little bigger." While the one Josh caught wasn't egregiously large, it was a little bigger than the average species.

"Before I became Mauville's Gym Leader, I would go to Round One arcade in Slateport and Mauville with her pretty regularly. Played on one of those dance machines you used to see in bars and arcades all the time." He, of course, was referring to Hoenn's self-proclaimed wildest Pokémon rider, . "Really popular in Kanto...at least, they were. Until the whole Rocket thing happened." He frowned, wondering how long it would be before Johto was next. Hopefully by then, Raikou will have fled the region and, ideally, started seeking Josh out. Ultimately, though, he just wanted to see the Beast safe and not in Team Rocket's hands. He couldn't bear to think about his idol in the hands of malevolent folk like them.

"Anyway, she rode her Yanmega routinely when between cities, no problem. I actually think it's more the vibration that would bother me, but I at least want to try." It wasn't something he could do today, either; earplugs were absolutely required when riding a Yanmega...at least if the trainer valued their hearing. Riders would sit between two chitin wings longer than they were tall, each beating a rough one hundred times per second.

While Josh was conversing with Alex, the agitated Goose spotted a brave-looking Fletchling to vent his frustration on. He did not hold one bit of strength back, spreading his wings wide and preparing to take off in a swift and powerful SKY ATTACK. "I wouldn't call too many of my Pokémon truly unusual in that regard," Josh explained when asked about some odd mount Pokémon he had. "A couple come to mind, though. Luna, my Liepard, is a recent catch," he began describing the Liepard that was roughly the size of the other land-bound Pokémon of his Alex had seen before.

"There's also Flint, my Typhlosion. Typhlosion have the strange adaptation of being able to run while on two or four paws. It's really interesting." The impacts of Goose's SKY ATTACK, followed by the Fletchling's follow-up FLAILing of its beak, drew the Leader's attention immediately. He threw an empty Poké Ball toward the small bird before things got any farther out of hand.

{WC: 473}
{PC: 3}

Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Fair
Goose         Unfezant       Critical

Note: Catching Fletchling!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 23:01:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRELOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON HEAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SKY UPPERCUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIND READER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MACH PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SURSKIT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STICKY WEB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE FLETCHLING!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 10:21:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He couldn’t help but frown a bit when the other mentioned a Liepard—he’d had a bad encounter with that particular species back home in Castelia, where their native kind were considered to be pests, always diving into garbage cans and yowling the ever-loving fuck out of their annoyance every single chance they got.

“Typhlosion? Really?”

He could only guess as to how that would be possible—well, the other man was talking to probably the #1 avian wrangler around these parts—if not possibly the entire region.

“Oh, her?” he hummed with an amused smirk. “We had a crazy adventure. And I’ve seen how she can ride a Yanmega… honestly, I’d rather stick to my avians!”

Which then reminded him of what they were here for today—

“Speaking of which, you crazy, since I know you want to tackle my other non-trad courses in the future—you want riding lessons?”

Due to the flow of their conversation, he’d completely missed the Surskit that had skittered somewhere nearby, flitting away into the undergrowth.

skipping Surskit

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,955 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 4:42:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Yep," Josh confirmed. It was one of the more impressive adaptations for a Johto native Pokémon, but it made some sense; the Cyndaquil line was quadrupedal for its first two stages. "Feraligatr are actually the same way; they can be bipedal or quadrupedal. It would surprise you how fast both species can run."

Josh simply shook his head; he knew his arcade buddy was a bit of a wild soul, but nothing like that! As curious as he was to know what the green one was up to, thinking about the kinds of misadventures she routinely went on would only distract him from the reason he had met up with Alex in the first place.

Josh withdrew his other two Pokémon and climbed aboard Slider, his Braviary. "That's why I came here, silly!" he smiled. "Not just that, but I want our rematch in Mauville to be close! That's right - I'm gonna be Mauville's new Gym Leader starting a week from Saturday!"

{WC: 164}
{PC: 4}

Pazuzu        Pidgeot        Fair
Goose         Unfezant       Critical

ooc note: Skipping
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wind [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 20:20:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY WINGULL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RAIN DISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AIR CUTTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PINECO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPIKES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SELF DESTRUCT

[attr="class","wildtag"]