TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
corona
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 13:15:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Life has taught him to keep secrets, to be wary, to distrust everyone around him. Life has taught him that betrayal is inevitable, and that the only person he can truly rely on to look after him is himself – no one else. All these things are true about Martín del Mar. All of these are things he may believe until the day he dies. Yet, while that part of him insists on keeping quiet and not sharing such an intimate truth with someone who he doesn’t even know completely, another part of him, the part of him that cherishes , wishes for Barnaby to understand him.
[break][break]
It’s that part that wins.
[break][break]
It always wins.
[break][break]
”I–...” Memories resurface with the mere thoughts of the words; bloodstained, painful, and still just as vivid as when the events first occurred. It makes for a true rarity: Martín del Mar, unsure of how to say something.
[break][break]
”There are people in this world who want me to lose everyone who matters to me.”
[break][break]
His father, a man who betrayed his so-called “family” when trying to ensure his child wouldn’t grow up into a life of crime.
[break][break]
His wife, who wishes for him to leave this “family” of his behind for the sake of creating their own, far away from the syndicate's horrors.
[break][break]
His child, the one person in this whole world for whose safety Mars would have destroyed all of his “family” if needed.
[break][break]
They are all gone. They had all been taken from him by the people who had raised him into the criminal he is. The people who share his blood. The people who have bound him.
[break][break]
Everyone Mars cares for dies, and these days, there’s no one in this who matters more to him than the man before him.
[break][break]
”They would hurt you… if they knew how much you mean to me.”
[break][break]
’Think bigger than the binds of blood’ Azelf had said, but Mars knows that for the sake of such a thing, first he must ensure those shackles are broken: that his blood can never again bring harm to those he cherishes.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
SETTING: Late June - Post DOTDD 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
corona
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 4:10:47 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
What kind of horrible things had the man behind those golden eyes been subjected to?

Whatever it was... was heartbreaking. Torrents of pain continued to flare in Barnaby's chest. That... and a feeling of abject helplessness. He was solution-oriented. Pragmatic. His instinct was to act, to help, to solve this problem that so plagued .

... Yet Barnaby knew, without a doubt, that if it was something that could be easily resolved Mars would have done so long ago. No matter the specifics of what he was alluding to, these people were unequivocally dangerous.

Somehow, this realization didn't shake Barnaby's resolve. If anything, his worry simply morphed into a quiet, smoldering rage. How dare these people hurt in such a way?

His voice was quiet, the internal rage absent from his even lilt, as he spoke,"... you think that would scare me away, Martín?"

Logically, it should. Mars did not offer these revelations lightly, after all.

"Look at me, love." He requested softly, using a term of endearment spoken only once before on the night a bloodstained Mars found his way to Barnaby's apartment. Just as he'd done then, the word was used to soothe and to reassure. Gently, he pressed the hand on Mars' cheek upward, nonverbally asking for eye contact.

"I can't walk away now. It would be worse than whatever they'd do to me."

Barnaby's lips pressed into a small smile. His thumb stroked calm, tender touches onto Mars' cheek.

"You mean far too much to me, too. How could I possibly abandon you?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
corona
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 17:32:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Love.
[break][break]
A word charged, full of meaning, one that should not be spoken with ease. One that he knows does not say lightly, and also one that he himself would judge and overanalyze if the circumstances were different – it would fill him with worries.
[break][break]
He is worried, though. Worried for Barnaby’s well-being. Worried because he came too close to losing him and that made him realise that he dreads even the thought of it. Worried because he knows he might be putting Barnaby in danger. Worried that Barnaby may leave because of it…
[break][break]
How selfish of him.
[break][break]
To care so deeply for someone that he’d be willing to accept the fact that they’d be better off without knowing him and then still dread the idea of watching them leave.
[break][break]
”How could I possibly abandon you?"

[break]
Barnaby won’t leave.
[break][break]
He looks up at him then, meeting his gaze, amber on cobalt like it has been since the day they met. No… Amber on cobalt, with so much more meaning because of all that exists between them. A single look that says everything.
[break][break]
No words are spoken.
[break][break]
He finally stands, but he does not create distance between him and Barnaby. He does not look away from him. He does, however, reach for him – fingers gently brushing against Barnaby’s cheek until moving to the back of his neck, pulling him into an embrace. The warmth of a familiar body against his is as welcome as it is cherished.
[break][break]
”I’ll keep you safe.” A promise. No, much more than that: a vow. ”I’ll make sure they can’t hurt you.”
[break][break]
”Or take anything that matters to me ever again.”
[break][break]
That had also been a vow. One that he had made to himself. He’ll make them pay.
[break][break]
”I’ll deal with them… I’ve been planning to for a long time.”
[break][break]
Unbeknownst to Barnaby, in this admittance is also the truth as to why Mars had joined Team Rocket. The truth as to why he’s in Hoenn. All for the sake of his revenge.
[break][break]
It's more than just about revenge these days.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
corona
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 1:42:44 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Their eyes meet. In that moment, knew he had made the right choice. The best choice, even. That much was abundantly clear in the way that embraced him - softly, earnestly, reverently. It confirmed all of the emotions that had led up to this point.

And then he spoke, whispering promises of safety into Barnaby's ear. All Barnaby could do was wrap his arms around Mars in kind, pulling him close, pressing their bodies together until nothing separated them. He'd never held anyone with such genuine and resolute affection before.

"You will overcome these blood bindings. I have confidence in you."

It was something Barnaby had said before, although at the time he didn't have nearly as much perspective on Mars' motivations. The sentiment hadn't changed, though.

"And I'm here to help if you need me, hm?"

Neither had this assurance. If anything, Barnaby's convictions had only strengthened in the months that had passed since.

"Please, don't keep me in the dark... Let me help." He whispered back, his tone gentle yet determined.

"The only thing that can guarantee my safety is if these people are dealt with." Reading between the lines, it was implied that whatever organization this was had taken loved ones from before. They needed to be stopped.

"Use me, then."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
corona
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 22:12:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

In their embrace, there is a request Mars isn’t sure he can meet, for it asks for him to do something much more difficult than what may ever realise it to be. To not keep him in the dark would mean to reveal everything; every plan and every reason for it. It would mean showing Barnaby a side of him that has never been shown to him before. It would mean making him privy to Mars’ true nature…
[break][break]
Would Barnaby still be able to call him ‘love’ if he knew every single detail of the things Mars has done? If he knew how much suffering he has caused? If he knew of the blood that has time and again stained his hands?
[break][break]
Even if he still were able to, would Mars want him to also carry the heavy burden of those truths?
[break][break]
"Use me, then."

[break]
Fingers dig through raven locks at that moment, marvelling at how soft they always are. That’s the thing about … There’s so much that is still so wonderfully soft about him. So much that is untainted. So much that Rocket has not been able to touch during all this time.
[break][break]
It fills Mars with worry for Barnaby’s sake. It makes him think that those edges must be sharpened because soft things don’t survive in this world of theirs. But, the thought that he might be the one to put an end to that softness? It’s devastating.
[break][break]
”Okay. I will.”
[break][break]
Mars hopes Barnaby will be able to forgive him one day.
[break][break]
No more needs to be said on the matter. A decision made.
[break][break]
After a few seconds, he pulls away just enough for lips to place a chaste kiss upon Barnaby’s forehead. Soft. One of the only soft things after nights that have been filled with thoughts of death, loss, and defeat.
[break][break]
”Let’s go home, it’s late.”
[break][break]
Home. Together.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
corona
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 8:36:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: