Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
rêve
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 18:33:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
How had it taken him so long to visit?

The answer was obvious, of course. Something that both he and routinely combated: finding time where their hectic schedules overlapped. Even so, they'd done it, and now found himself on a picturesque stretch of beach attached to Mars' Sootopolis home.

Barnaby's phone, inhabited by his ROTOM, floated beside where he sat in the sand. The camera lens was pointed toward the horizon, where a beautiful sunset had bloomed in the time they'd been here. Esprit quite enjoyed playing photographer - perhaps a little too much - and the sound of the shutter clicking echoed from the device's speaker.

"You've picked a gorgeous spot, Martín." Barnaby commented dreamily, his eyes resting where the sea had been painted pink and orange and purple.
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
rêve
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 22:28:55 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

How had it taken him so long to visit?
[break][break]
The answer is not as obvious as Barnaby may think, because while Mars had been okay with people like , , and even visiting his beachside home in Sootopolis City while the place was still filled with boxes and barely decorated, this is not the same. Busy as he may always be, he had purposefully chosen to wait.
[break][break]
It had taken time. It had taken months. Now, finally, the beachhouse could belong in a magazine; beautiful, pristine, of modern style, and of exquisite aesthetics. Much like his penthouse in Mauville Hills, not a single thing is out of place about it, yet here and there, there are certain touches that speak of the person who owns it.
[break][break]
Mars’ home, not simply a place where he lives.
[break][break]
Outside, past the pool, waves wash upon the golden sands of a beach – isolated and far from where those in the city can see. It is on these golden sands that he sits besides Barnaby, watching the colours of the sunset while the journalist’s Rotom Phone eagerly takes pictures. His own phone rests on the soft beach blanket, Rotom slumbering until there’s a need for its assistance.
[break][break]
”I’m glad you think so. It’s good having you here.” Mars turns to look at him then, a soft smile upon his lips. He means it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Bond Bridge🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
rêve
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 23:51:27 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"It's good to be here." There was no denying the pure contentment in Barnaby's tone. He looked back at as he said so, matching the man's gentle smile with one of his own.

The fading sun cast Mars' olive skin in a magnificent, golden light. He was beautiful. So at home among the waves, away from the suffocating walls of Mauville City. Despite being selfishly disappointed when Mars had announced his move, Barnaby now knew that this was where the underboss belonged. Mars seemed much happier here.

"It reminds me of a villa my family owned near Coumarine City. We had our own private beach, too."

Sitting beside one another on the beach blanket, they were already so close their shoulders were touching. So, as casually as one would expect from a man like , the journalist leaned in and rested his head on 's shoulder. His cobalt eyes were back on the waves, enjoying their rhythmic flow.

"This is much nicer, though." He added more softly.

Unbeknownst to Barnaby, Esprit had turned his camera away from the sunset and on the two men. Being the sneaky ghost that he was, the ROTOM had muted himself so that the camera shutter did not audibly click.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
rêve
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 23:14:07 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The mention of Coumarine brings memories for Mars as well, although his aren’t really of the city itself. It makes him think of Kalos; of Ambrette Town and of days spent at sea with his father. The memories are a blur. They’re fragmented, disorganised, and bloodstained. If only for a second, he frowns, trying not to think of the things that had led those memories to be in such a state.
[break][break]
”Coumarine, huh? I’ve visited a few times, though I like the southern Kalosian beaches much better.” He smiles as if nothing, wrapping an arm around Barnaby when he leans in closer. He barely pays attention to Barnaby’s Rotom phone, nor to the way his own wakes for its slumber.
[break][break]
There’s just the sea and the feeling of by his side, nothing more.
[break][break]
”Yeah, it is... We should go to Kalos sometime. When we can travel again.”
[break][break]
In the distant future that might never come. It’s nice to think about that stuff, though. To make plans together.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Bond Bridge🌟

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
rêve
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 22:34:54 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
You can bet Esprit caught ALL of the cozy snuggles on camera. No wonder Barnaby depended on the ROTOM so much in his journalist pursuits - the little ghost was insatiable when it came to drama and especially romance. It was quite the gossip-chaser.

In the meantime, Barnaby leaned into Mars' embrace, enjoying the warmth his body provided against the chill of the evening air.

"We should." He angled his head upward while still keeping it rested on Mars' shoulder, looking for eye contact. "I'll show you all the best spots in Lumiose City."

This was nice. Making plans, talking casually, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

"There's a hotel I have in mind that I think would be perfect for our stay."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
rêve
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 4:05:52 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Perhaps it shouldn’t feel as natural as it does: to be like this with . To sit with him, to embrace him, to keep him close, and to talk about taking vacations together. Not any vacation, even. A trip to Barnaby’s own home. A trip to the region Mars himself had also once called home.
[break][break]
Perhaps it shouldn’t feel this natural, and yet, it does.
[break][break]
Like two puzzle pieces, they fit perfectly together.
[break][break]
No…Like tiles, broken and worn by life, placed together to create a beautiful mosaic.
[break][break]
For once, as he looks at the sea and thinks of the man by his side, Mars keeps all of his poetry to himself. Instead allowing himself to smile at the mention of the best spots in Lumiose City and hotels…
[break][break]
He turns to look at Barnaby, golden eyes meeting cobalt ones, and at that moment, a hand gently cups his cheek.
[break][break]
Trésor. I’m sure they will all be the best as long as you’re there with me.”
[break][break]
Okay, maybe some poetry simply has to be spoken.
[break][break]
Of course, a sneaky Rotom Phone captures a quick picture of the moment before it fades away.
[break][break]
”Tell me about this hotel, though. What makes it so perfect?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Bond Bridge🌟

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
rêve
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 22:08:29 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
The fleeting brush of fingers against his cheek made Barnaby's heart flutter ever so lightly. He didn't fluster or turn away, though, only smiled gently and leaned into the touch.

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Martín." Barnaby hummed into his palm before it fell away and a bid for more information was cast onto the ocean breeze.

"Hôtel Madame Rêve." Said in a wistful, almost forlorn way. Barnaby turned his cobalt gaze back to the sea, his eyes appearing unfocused as he recalled the past.

"It's cozy yet sophisticated. Has that old-world charm yet all the modern amenities one could ever want. The restaurants on-site are heavenly."

Barnaby really could have continued well into the evening, but he didn't want to talk Mars' ear off too much.

"Mostly… it holds a special place in my heart. I went there whenever I needed to get away from things for awhile… you know?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
rêve
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 3:38:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

While Barnaby looks at the sea, Mars watches him, paying close attention to the subtle yet clear change in his expression when he recalls a past that seems so distant now. Kalos. So terribly far from them now that they can’t even leave Hoenn at the moment.
[break][break]
As much as many have been gravely affected by the appearance of the barrier, in all of his privilege, Mars finds himself thinking that they have the worst of it — those who think fondly of places they don’t know if they’ll ever see again. It serves as further motivation to do everything in his power to change things. For himself. For Barnaby. For this trip they wish to have.
[break][break]
”I’m honoured.” Mars admits then, a gentle smile finding its way to his expression. The hotel is clearly not the kind of place Barnaby would want to share with most people, yet he so readily speaks of staying there with him. Invitations like those are full of meaning. Perhaps even more meaning than what Mars may care to admit.
[break][break]
”Sounds like the perfect place where to stay.” He leans in closer, an arm wrapped around Barnaby still. His lips softly meet the other’s cheek in a chaste kiss. ”As per usual, your taste is exquisite.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Bond Bridge🌟

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
rêve
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 5:57:05 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"You should be. I don't give away my best kept secrets to just anyone." Barnaby replied in a teasing lilt, returning his gaze to . It was a light statement that had a deeper meaning; two-sided, as much of Barnaby's life was and had been for so long. It felt freeing, though... this act of divulsion.

It was a prickling pleasure, the feeling of slowly opening up to someone he truly cared about. They'd become so close lately - obviously, overt displays of affection were given so easily - yet every kiss was as exhilarating as the last.

Even this sweet, chaste peck to his cheek. It made Barnaby smile, exposing two dimples on either side of his mouth.

As they talked, the sun finally dipped below the horizon and an evening chill set in. Goosebumps bloomed along Barnaby's arms in reaction to the colder temperature, causing him to briefly lean closer into Mars. It seemed time to head in, maybe get a cozy fire going in the hearth.

"Refined taste for a refined man," He began, playfully smug, while pushing himself up onto his feet. After brushing sand from his bottom, Barnaby continued by asking, "How about I cook you some dinner in your new kitchen? Then we can really see how exquisite my tastes are."

Phenomenally so, of course. Be he liked reminding of that whenever he could.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
rêve
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 4:20:11 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Sometimes Mars finds himself thinking that time is actually his greatest enemy, for every moment he wishes would last an eternity never does so in actuality. The sun disappears in the horizon, and for a second, in his mind he almost curses Dialga’s name, but where one precious moment, another begins when Barnaby pulls away.
[break][break]
Mars looks up at him from where he sits, capturing the sight that is in the dim light of Rotom that now illuminate the area for them. How could he say no? The thought doesn’t even cross his mind, and while Mars is usually a man who carefully considers his every choice, this one requires no consideration at all.
[break][break]
”I’d love that.” He means it from the bottom of his heart, and before he stands, he too gives Barnaby his most radiant and honest smile.
[break][break]
Without a doubt, ahead of them is an amazing night. When they're together, they always are.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Bond Bridge🌟

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rêve
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 5:24:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: