wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
botanist / petalburg capt.
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 19:09:59 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

Wren isn’t sure why he’s been tasked with this. Well, he’s understands the technicalities of it–it’s a tip off to a smuggling deal on the fringes of Slateport, and they need someone to help one of the gym leaders in the area put a halt to the operation before it can really get off the ground. He understands that. He just doesn’t get why him. It’s not like he’s ever helped in this sort of situation before. And really, it feels a bit outside of the scope of his duties as a trainee ranger. He’s still so green it’s embarrassing at moments when he struggles to keep up with some of the littlest obligations between his mandatory duty hours and his classes.[break][break]

It must be because he’s still in the city finishing up some of his courses before heading up to Ever Grande. That, and the taskforce in Slateport must really be strapped for numbers–all wrapped up overseeing their own projects and operations. It’s the only thing that makes sense in his mind as he reasons with himself on the way to the subway stop he’s meant to meet his partner for the evening. , he’s been informed from the quick debrief, is the Mauville gym leader, and he’s going to be in charge of their proceedings. Wren is more than okay with this. He is not about to argue over leadership when he doesn’t even know if he’s fully capable of stopping a whole person from doing what they want to do.[break][break]

He doesn’t consider himself particularly clever, or even all that speedy. But he’s here to help, right? So that’s what he has to keep in mind instead of the negatives. If he has the determination, he can do this. He totally can, right? Right. As he waits, Juno pops her head free of his backpack, wiggling in indication that she means to hop free. “Nah, Juno. Just stay in there, okay? I’ve got some of the others with me. I don’t need you getting hurt because I mess up or something.” His hand reaches back to scratch at her ears and the eevee nips at his fingers in a stubborn huff.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.wren]font:11px roboto;--accent:#e0a8a8;[/newclass]

[newclass=.wren b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.wren ]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 8:21:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: Josh Devlin (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: Wren Rourke (wren.rourke@hoennrangers.gov)
MISSION: "Gotta Go Fast"
PROTOCOL: Apprehend
DANGER: ★★★★☆

Slateport Law Enforcement has received a tip that two Team Rocket agents have arranged for an undercover operation with a data dealer that has multiple warrants for their arrest. If this data reaches Team Rocket's hands, several League top secret agents and operations could be irreparably compromised. The data dealer is known to possess extremely fast Pokémon, and will likely flee the scene at the first sign of interference. Your job is to recover the data through any means necessary, though lethal force should only be used as a last resort. Please see attachments for the Team Rocket agents' and the data dealer's Law Enforcement dossiers, as well as the coordinates of an abandoned supermarket the exchange is allegedly taking place at.

Normally we would only assign such a dangerous mission to a Senior Ranger or Elite Ranger, but we have taken your past performance as a Ranger and your activities as a Gym Leader into consideration, and feel you are the perfect fit for this mission. Therefore, we have authorized you to take on this mission despite it being outside your approved Danger level.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

The difficulty of the mission wasn't Josh's concern. Josh's concern was that the League had assigned a rookie Ranger to help with the mission. This was way too dangerous for someone wet behind the ears. But apparently with the VALOR initiative leaving the Hoenn Rangers extremely shorthanded, Head Ranger was willing to bend the rules a bit to make sure things got done.

Josh had previously received a message over RangerNet that he was to meet the Rookie, , at a subway stop with a full squad of ride Pokémon. He arrived astride Mystic, his Ninetales, at the agreed-upon location. "Wren?" the red-uniformed Ranger asked, as to confirm the name of the colleague he would be working with. He was under the assumption it was Wren due to the green armband and badge. "Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh. Beneath me is Mystic, my Ninetales."

"It's great to meet you," Mystic directly introduced herself to Wren by floating words into his mind. It might have been invasive if Wren didn't see it coming. "My master Josh is a delight to work with."

Josh sent out most of the rest of his team to get introductions out of the way, as the Rookie would be riding one of his Pokémon for the mission he was certain would escalate into a chase, based on what the briefing indicated. "This is the rest of my squad. Meet Saber," he gestured toward the Manectric, who let out a greeting howl, "Blinky," the Jolteon who looked ready to run at a moment's notice, "Aslan," a regal-looking Pyroar, "and Braver," an Arcanine that looked like he wanted to give Wren a big kiss. All five, including Mystic, were decked out in full riding gear. The very fact that they were all wearing reins implied they were extremely well-behaved. "You'll be working with one of them on today's mission most likely. If we can get through this successfully, I promise I will vouch for you to get your red uniform."

{WC: 556}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Mystic        Ninetales      Good
Braver        Arcanine       Good
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
you sigh look away, i can see it clear as day. close your eyes so afraid, hide behind that baby face
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 16:12:41 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

It’s hard to miss when he approaches, both because of the greeting and because of the regal-looking ninetails he’s astride. Despite his uncertainty in all of this, Wren nods and flashes the other a thumbs up. “Yep! That’s me. Glad to meet you!”[break][break]

There’s a gentle nudge in his mind, and then the communication flows. Unused to telepathy, Wren startles a bit before his eyes widen with obvious curiosity as he watches Mystic. “Nice to meet you too, hope this all goes well!” he answers aloud, a small smile settling on his face before his glances drifts back up to Josh where he remains in place.[break][break]

“I, uh, guess I didn’t think about…rides,” he confesses sheepishly. It’s never been a thought at the front of his mind, given that all of his pokemon thus far are too small, or aren’t built for speed in favor of other traits. This doesn’t seem to be an issue, though, because one by one the gym leader’s team is released. Once they have all been presented, Wren gives them all an awkward little wave. “You have an impressive team! But that’s probably why you’re in the position that you are!”[break][break]

He only has three of his own along with him, and for the time being, he releases the two additional if they’re doing introductions. “This is Juno,” he points to the eevee who’s crawled free of his bag to drape on his shoulder. Then he directs to the Poliwhirl and Psyduck who settle in place beside him. “Then Grover, and Winston, respectively.” It feels a little paltry in comparison, but Wren is proud of the pokemon he has, and is quick to remind himself that he is, after all, just starting out.[break][break]

As Josh speaks, Wren’s recollection turns back to the mission and he sombers up a bit, “I appreciate that. And also the loaner.” He hums a bit in thought, quiet as his brows knit together. “Time is of the essence then, I guess?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.wren .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.wren .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 5:39:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Braver couldn't help but bound toward Wren after Josh called his name out and was called "impressive", the fluffy-looking Arcanine stopping in front of the new Ranger and giving him a big kiss...or two, or three. "I think he's a good fit for you!" Though he and Craggro, which was the Hisuian Arcanine he left benched for today's mission, were effectively police dogs with how much he used them for Officer work rather than Ranger work, the Kantonian Arcanine was well-suited for today's mission.

Once the fire-type had his fill of affection, the majestic Pokémon sat down to allow Wren to easily climb into his saddle. It was equipped with extra harnessing to wrap over his upper legs and keep him from falling off during a high speed run. When Josh got the unwieldy but blistering fast Fire-type fitted, he had that extra safety feature installed to help practice his speed tolerance. An Arcanine's EXTREME SPEED was the highest speed any common overland Pokémon had to offer, and he fully intended to learn how to control the sprinting Pokémon during that move. Even so, it wouldn't fully prepare him for the eventual run on Raikou's back. In his mind, it wasn't an if. It was a when.

Mystic's tails billowed in the cool night wind as Josh made sure Wren was comfortable mounting up. "Try to get used to him on the way to the abandoned supermarket, Wren," the Ranger advised as he withdrew the rest of his ground squad and sent out a Dragonair. She, too was in full riding gear. "This is Resheph," Josh introduced the dragon-type, who greeted Wren by performing an aerial corkscrew that would have made novice riders squeamish. "She'll be our ticket to trying to stop this mess before it turns into a chase. Given the data dealer's reputation, though, I sincerely doubt we're getting out of this without some hundred-mile-per-hour action. Be ready."

{WC: 328}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 18:35:00 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

Wren’s nose wrinkled as the arcanine assailed him with puppy dog kisses, a laugh slipping loose as he patted at thick cream and ginger fur. “You’re friendly, huh?” Managing to pull himself away from Braver’s affectionate greeting, he looked over toward Josh again. “Yeah! I think so. We’re gonna do great, right Braver?” He scratched under the large canine’s chin for good measure. There was still a twist of nervousness in his gut, but the friendly nature of the large arcanine did well to help soothe some of it. Even if he had little experience in ride situations, with an enthusiastic partner, what could go wrong, right?[break][break]

Pulling himself up, Wren settled in the saddle with only a little bit of difficulty–so far so good! “I’ll do my best, thanks,” he answered, hands curling into the provided reins. He watched the dragonair emerge with obvious awe. Though his head tilted in question as Josh elaborated. “How’s that? Is she going to be watching from above?” He tried not to blanch at that last bit. A hundred mph?? Wren hadn’t even reached anywhere near that speed in a car let alone on the back of a pokemon. His lips pursed in a thin line, and he nodded as he tried to slip into a more focused mindset.[break][break]

“Got it.” The trip to the abandoned grocery store was more or less uneventful. Quicker, now that he was actually on the back of Braver, who listened well and kept quick pace. The hope was that they’d beat the smugglers to the drop point, but as they neared the back of the building, there was a sink in the pit of his stomach. “I think they changed their time frame,” he called out quietly, pointing ahead to the guard now standing by the back entrance. Likely on the lookout for any interlopers looking to halt the deal going on inside.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 0:13:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Braver had the body of an Arcanine, he had the heart of a young Growlithe, smiling and making the best canine laugh he could as Wren gave him a chin scratch that felt great. Josh made sure the newer Ranger had no trouble getting harnessed up; the safety features that the racer had added to the Arcanine's gear specifically for his own speed tolerance training would come in wonderfully handy. As long as the younger Rookie made sure to secure himself properly, he wasn't falling off the fire-type.

"Yep!" Josh answered Wren's question. "She'll be our spotter. She can also tase them with her Thunder Wave. If things start to look bad, she knows to be proactive about it, too." He caught on to Wren's facial expression changing at his remark of a high-speed chase being imminent. This is why Josh was so surprised that not only two Rangers would be on this mission, but he would be the lead. Sure, his talents were a wonderful fit for this mission, but to expose a newer Ranger who had limited experience riding Pokémon to dangerous speeds like this? It was a good thing Wren wasn't falling off Braver any time soon.

A coo and corkscrew from Resheph were all the two needed to find the trio of suspects involved in the exchange. "Looks like the tip was right. At least they weren't hard to find." He peered around the corner of the next building over and gasped, pointing toward them. "I've never seen that much money at once in my life." There were two briefcases filled with bundles of yellow, 100 PD bills. Between the two, there had to be a million bucks or more involved in this exchange.

The two Rockets each set one of the briefcases down half the initial distance between them. In their client's hand was a thumb drive. Just as the two were about to make the handoff, Resheph made her move, loosing a THUNDER WAVE in the trio's general direction. "Now, Wren!" Josh slammed his heels into Mystic's sides, spurring her into a QUICK ATTACK intended to get up to speed fast enough to keep pace with the much faster Braver.

While Resheph missed the data dealer, she had struck both agents squarely. Her job was not over, though. With split second reaction time, the Rangers' target snatched both briefcases, then released a giant Kantonian Persian that reminded Josh of Herc, his Persian from his travels in Ageos. Unfortunately, he would never be able to see the white cat until after the barrier was gone. The Normal-type did not clear customs there until after the barrier surrounding Hoenn went up. It was a barrier that made transporting Pokémon cross-region, even as data, impossible.

Gunfire erupted from the lot, the two guards watching the exchange trying to snipe Resheph. The Dragonair was far too nimble for their aim. Josh had done enough Officer work as a Ranger that he was used to the unsettling sounds of firearms, but Wren probably wasn't. "This just got complicated," Josh said to Wren as he took charge of the situation. Technically he was still on probation, but there was not another Ranger that could be assigned to the mission that also had the skillset he did. If anything, could take it up with Ranger dispatch if he wanted to whine about it. Exemplary performance on this mission might be all the convincing he needed that the outburst at the Lilycove meeting was a one-off thing. "Go that way and see if we can corner him."

Provided Wren would follow his directive, Josh would focus his attention on the fleeing data dealer and his Persian. "Mystic, let's hurry!" Josh urged his Ninetales mount, who quickly accelerated after the Persian with complete disregard to municipal speed limits. He radioed Law Enforcement Dispatch with an update. "Dispatch, this is Ranger Devlin, working with Rookie Ranger Rourke. We stopped the exchange and my Dragonair's got the two Rockets all tied up. Their client got away and we're in high speed pursuit. He's headed toward Highway 110, riding a Persian. Rookie Rourke and I are going to try to cut him off, over."

{WC: 702}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 23:57:03 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

Wren chimed his thanks as Josh made sure that he was fitted properly to the saddle on Braver’s back, because…yeah, there was no way he was about to know which strap went where. And knowing him, he’d do it all incorrectly, or too loosely, and he’d tumble free like a total dork. Which would have been wildly embarrassing. But he tried to shove all of that to the side in favor of paying attention to Josh’s explanations. “Cool! Sounds like she’ll be super useful.”[break][break]

His hand lifted as they drew closer, cupping over his eyes as he tried to squint for a better look. His eyes immediately went round, understanding Josh’s exclamation immediately. “Woah. Me either.” That could pay off all of his college fees easy, which was wild in concept. And they were just handing it off like it was nothing. Anticipation built like static in his system, and on the command he coaxed the arcanine to surge forward with his EXTREME SPEED as Resheph did her thing.[break][break]

“Right, got it!” Wren called back, nodding as he urged Braver to wheel off and split from Josh to pelt around the side of the building. He leaned close, hair whipped back by the wind as his eyes squinted in focus. “You got this, buddy!” he encouraged the arcanine, and one hand slipped down to his belt, at the ready to grab the pokeball for his poliwhirl to call forth in the case that they were actually able to cut off the renegade target.[break][break]

“Aw, no!” he lamented. Crashing around the side of the building, they didn’t quite make it in time to bar access to the smuggler’s path to escape. “Don’t stop! Keep going,” he commanded, spying the tail of the persian in the short distance. “Maybe we can catch him.” Despite being strapped in, Wren felt poorly suited for this–like he might just vault off the arcanine’s back, carried by the wind and pushed by force and momentum until he was left in the dust. That wasn’t gonna happen, though, and he badly didn’t want to fail, no matter how uncertain he had felt about being tasked to this mission. Still tucked close to Braver’s ruff as the canine sped up, Wren chanced a look back over his shoulder, looking for any sign of Josh rejoining them.[break][break]

Maybe if they were lucky, the older ranger and gym leader had circled around and was waiting up ahead to stop the assailant in their tracks.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 3:10:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh winced when he sad Wren and Braver clip the corner of a building, but he didn't have time to worry for the younger Ranger. They had to stop their quarry from escaping. He guided Mystic onto Highway 110, tailing the Persian while repeatedly pulsing his legs into the Ninetales' sides. The psychic fox harnessed Josh to his back with a creative application of EXTRASENSORY, then put on the metaphorical afterburners, leaving behind a trail of purple embers as her paws pounded the pavement.

While there was not a lot of traffic on the road at this hour, every vehicle Josh swerved Mystic around was a trip to the hospital waiting to happen. Car horns filled the air as the normal-type as their drivers yielded to the rapidly-fleeing Pokémon and Ninetales-mounted Ranger in pursuit. "We gotta try, Mystic. QUICK ATTACK!" he commanded, the golden fox lunging toward the feline in an attempt to overtake them. Every such effort was met with a showing of DOUBLE TEAM from the Persian, the move's illusory copies forming a trail behind it to further illustrate just how fast the chase was getting. The Ninetales and Persian were whipping past vehicles at such high speeds that it looked like the vehicles were still by comparison.

Despite the massive head start Josh had, Wren had by far the faster ride. If he only had the courage to push the fire-type to his most extreme of Extreme Speeds, he would fare much better than Josh did. Of course, what courage that would require. Arcanine were well known for their Extreme Speeds unparalleled by all but legendary Pokémon. It would be well within reason, and within his pay grade, to back down.

{WC: 286}
{PC: 4}

Mystic        Ninetales      Good
close tab

played by

lou

wren
he/him
twenty-one
october 12
petalburg city, hoenn
bisexual
ranger captain
awards
239 posts
wren rourke DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wren
wren rourke
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 20:14:42 GMT
wren rourke Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","wren"]

As they clipped the edge of the building, Wren felt his leg scrape against the brick exterior and he himself winced. But they were both too focused to really slow down just yet. Still, he reached out to pat the back of Braver’s ruff in apology for not steering the turn as well as he could have as the arcanine raced forward. Just another little thing to add to the guilt pile for later. Golden eyes watered against the wind as Wren grit his teeth and tilted into the momentum.[break][break]

Soon enough, he re-merged with Josh and Mystic as they pursued the smuggler on their persian. The feline darted in and out of traffic with fluid ease, and the heavy paws of the arcanine kicked off sparks as they struck against the tarmac while they wove in and out of traffic to the chorus of heavy, blaring horns screeching tires. For a moment, something hopeful swelled up in him when it seemed like they were gaining on their target. The pace was enough to shorten his breath, unaccustomed to it as he was.[break][break]

Just a little more edge, and maybe he could make it. Just a little more speed, and…and–[break][break]

And he couldn’t do it.[break][break]

It was too much. Wren couldn’t handle the EXTREME SPEED as it began to kick in, and he waffled the reins in his hands as he tried to keep them both on course enough to skirt around to overtake the persian and cut them off. It was much too fast to handle, and though they’d been dodging cars relatively well, a small oncoming work truck felt like just a bit too much to slide by. Pulling up on the reins, Wren pulled Braver back and skidded to a slowing stop before he potentially caused himself and the arcanine to collide with the truck body.[break][break]

The contact, of course, slipped by and continued forward down the road until they could dart out of traffic entirely. The truck in question honked its horn at them until Wren could maneuver them to the shoulder, a shake in his breath and his expression pitched in a frown over his inability to succeed in their task. Still, he scratched at Braver’s ears as he waited for Josh to rejoin them, quick to praise the canine quietly despite his self-directed disappointment and frustration.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:58:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh could feel Mystic's rapid heartbeat as he trailed behind BRaver, the much swifter Arcanine. The speeds the three Pokémon were reaching on the public highway were growing from dangerous to reckless to deadly in a hurry. Deep down, he was growing jealous of the data dealer's Persian. Not even Herc, his ride Persian held up in customs, was fast enough to be able to outpace an Arcanine. The cat's superior turning capability helped in weaving through traffic.

Then, Wren made a move. He had Braver metaphotically floor it; the gas pedal all the way to the ground. Josh gasped when he saw the Rookie's reckless abandon. An Arcanine running in Extreme Speed was the fastest any Pokémon could run, barring Legendary Pokémon. Josh knew from firsthand experience that riding Braver during Extreme Speed hurt. It hurt even him, and he was used to ludicrous speeds. Wren wasn't. When they were about to overtake, it was evident that he could no longer handle the pain.

Josh let out a deep sigh as he and Mystic caught up to the fellow fire-type. "I'm going to be the laughingstock of the Rangers for this one. The fastest Pokémon rider in Hoenn, and I couldn't pursue a fugitive on the highway." Dejected, he began radioing Slateport Law Enforcement Dispatch. "We better report in and get this over with."

"Dispatch, this is Ranger Devlin and Rookie Ranger Rourke," Josh introduced himself to the officer on the other end. "Suspect got away, over."

"Ranger Devlin, this is Dispatch. He what?"

"He got away."

"Ranger Devlin, you understand the dire consequences your failure of this mission will cause, don't you? Over."

"Dispatch, I wouldn't call this a failure yet. We stopped the exchange from taking place, but we were unable to recover the data. All he needs is another buyer. Put out an APB across the entire region. Set up checkpoints at major highways leading from Slateport City at a high priority, over."

"Affirmative, Ranger Devlin. Will keep you posted on any developments. Over."

"Out." Josh signed off, then turned to face Wren. He wouldn't be surprised if the Rookie's limbs all felt like jelly after riding at almost the speed of a race car. "...We made the right call. It was getting too dangerous to chase them. It's in the hands of real law enforcement now." He guided Mystic within Wren's reach, reaching to give the Arcanine's rider a gentle pat. "Let's head back and give these two a rest."

{WC: 419}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
gotta go fast [m]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 4:11:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: