March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 0:22:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Fallarbor Town and Mossdeep City were two of the coolest locations in Hoenn. Though they were both so for different reasons, that didn't change that they were two of the very few cities that experienced what most of the rest of the country would call seasons. Mossdeep in particular had many insulated buildings; for a region famous for its year-round heat, the place got a bit nippy during the winter months!

Shalin was no strange to the Mossdeep area; she had been to Shoal Cave twice. Her first trip was without much real purpose other than to see the cave's wonders. Her second, though, had purpose; she braved the Crystal Trench to recover the Glacial Medallion, the round, cyan object bearing the likeness of the Kantonian Ice Titan on its front face. She even captured Letheia, a giant Alolan Ninetales, that she had encountered several times on both of her trips to the derelict, sunken ice castle.

Exploration was not why she was on the island, though; Shalin had work to do. Unusual weather patterns had left a high pressure heat dome over the island for weeks at a time, bringing with it record high temperatures day after day. Ten days in a row, records going back over a hundred years had fallen. With the amount of ice melt the heat caused, the normally frozen wastes of northern Mossdeep were more like a cool wetland. Many ice-type Pokémon from just outside Shoal Cave had washed ashore, and they were not in good shape. While she wasn't technically a Ranger, she did help the Rangers out a lot.

Letting the cool breeze fly around her long, green hair, Shalin firmly held Queen Zing's reins and guided the giant queen Beedrill along the northern coast, keeping her eyes out for the Rangers she was supposed to meet up with. Three foam spheres covered her foreleg and rear stings as she bobbed eastward at a relaxing pace. She was used to the giant insect's vibration being numbing after flying for too long, but this time it felt almost like a massage. The droning was much more quiet than usual too, but she dared not remove her earplugs at the risk of losing her hearing.

{WC: 372}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Artea         Dewgong        Good
Levy          Milotic        Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good

Bond Bridge (Sep 22)
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 11:24:28 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

The young Ranger took a deep breath. Its been awhile since he interacted with any of the Mossdeep Rangers seeing as how half of them still held ill thoughts of him. Though when he heard about the job he figured this was a good chance to show that he was on their side. That he wasn't the bad guy they believed him to be. [break][break]

So first things first was helping set up some cooling stations for the ice pokemon that have washed up where they don't belong. Razz is able to get one tent up by the time arrives. Yeah seems like they rather take volunteers than have the others help him out which just earns a chuckle from him. "Think you two can handle some of whats going on?" he questions his pokemon and both Salem and his ninetails give the Ranger a nodd, while Salem also gives little salute. [break][break]

Meanwhile Razz moves over toward the woman on a Beedrill, "Welcome, uhhhh," he pauses to look at his phone and messages sent, "Miss Nariya, you're here to help correct?"

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+ Mission: Bone Bridges

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 16:19:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Not only could Shalin feel Queen Zing's unstable flight from sudden variations in the insect's vibration intensity, she could feel the bug-type's heavier breathing, too. The Beedrill simply was not used to the cooler air. What was hot for an ice-type was a bit too cool for an insect used to hotter climates. Once the two had touched down, she withdrew the Beedrill, palming the Poké Balls of her Dewgong and Milotic.

"That's me!" the green-haired, lithe female introduced herself. "Shalin, wildest rider this side of Hoenn!" Wild ice-types were struggling; the entire ice shelf surrounding northern Mossdeep had melted with the historic heat wave, leaving many of them floating in merely cool water. "Commander Razz, correct?" Shalin remembered, having paid attention to the email she replied to. "I'm not formally a Ranger, but I help a lot of Rangers out when I can. I've thought about joining them myself, but I couldn't be consistent about how much work I took on."

"Alright, let's go! Artea and Levy!" She clicked the release switches on both her palmed Poké Balls simultaneously, the Dewgong and Milotic emerging as close to the shallows as their bodies would let them. Like the Beedrill, both were fitted with riding gear meant for one person. Levy was used to cooler waters from his deep dives, and Artea's thick blubber could let her adapt to uncomfortable water temperatures. "I could start rounding up Pokémon to take to the cooling stations. Artea's Ice Shard and Icicle Spear could also also be useful if you need to recharge any of them."

{WC: 260}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 5:46:17 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

He nods at the name, though he isn't sure how he feels about the rank given along with it. Though he gives a shrug about her interest about joining. "The Rangers is a nice group, you get to help people and pokemon and it can be rewarding because you'll get to witness sides to pokemon you don't, there are some part timers," he list the positive at first but there is a silent but there. "Keep it mind it can be dangerous though if you ever do think about it," is all he offers before he moves back toward the beach where the pokemon tried to keep shelter. [break][break]

Salem had managed to put up a couple of tents to which pokemon were already getting under while the Ninetails would use her FROST BREATH in the water to create miniature glaciers to help cool the water. He looks over toward his partner to give a nod, "Rounding those up who are struggling to move sounds good, give you can have your pokemon copy what the Ninetails did," he points to the block of ice made, "It would make a good cooling point"

[break][break]

[break]+

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 4:43:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
From what little she had seen of them, Rangers were nice, selfless people, much like herself. She liked being her own boss, though, which she most certainly wouldn't be. All her ride Pokémon would help out tremendously in specific types of operations, plus she just had an unexplained talent for calming escalated wild Pokémon. Perhaps she could give it a try. "I'll have to give it a thought; perhaps I could wedge it among my existing contracts."

Razz warned Shalin about the dangers of Ranging, and her immediate reply was a simple giggle. "Doesn't sound any less dangerous than what I do already! I help run Nariya Expeditions, a wilderness guide service. There's almost nowhere in Hoenn you can't go with us! I've even been--" She stopped herself short; Shoal Cave's Crystal Trench was a Soft No-Rescue Zone; it might not look great if she left the impression that she was crazy enough to bring clients into a place so dangerous that even Rangers could refuse to rescue them. "I'll have to tell you when we report in. You'd have to see it to believe it!"

"Sounds good! I'll set 'em up, and you'll cool 'em down! That's teamwork!" With that, Shalin jogged toward the water and took a seat on Artea's back, the Dewgong and Milotic splashing toward Shoal Cave. The two swam toward the back of the island and found an unconscious Beartic on the cool beach. This part of Shoal Cave was normally tundra. Furthermore, the Beartic had many puncture wounds covering its skin.

When Shalin dismounted and stepped toward the large ice-type that was in a heap, five Cubchoo, barely able to move, crawled out from underneath the otherwise motionless Pokémon. She didn't even need to take the Pokémon's pulse; from the heat and Flying-type beak wounds that were obvious upon closer examination, the parent of these Cubchoo had died protecting them. Worse yet, not a single of the young ones had even a drip of snot coming out of their noses.

Realizing what kind of horrible shape they were in, there was no time to lose; Shalin began scooping the wilds up and putting them in Artea's saddle, one at a time, until all five were there. One was strong enough to briefly fight her, but backed down when she reassured it she was trying to save them. The girl returned aboard Levy, her Milotic, with Artea carrying the five ice-types to the Mossdeep mainland. "These five need a cooling station immediately!" Shalin called out to Razz, dismounting her water-type as she began to shuttle one of the critical-condition Pokémon toward the waiting Ninetales.

{WC: 444}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 8:17:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Ever see someone die in front of you on this 'wilderness guide service' of yours?" Razz questions his tone probably sounding much more serious than he intended. Though that's a tone deaf Ranger for you. Though if nothing else his features should hopefully show that he doesn't mean any ill intentions, just stating facts of which he has seen. But he gives a simple nod as she offers to show him a place as he was curious to see what she would seem as 'dangerous.'

When she takes off Razz continues his work with the tents and setting up large Ice Shards for the pokemon to gather around while the Ninetails made the water cooler. Salem even going as far as to fan some of the pokemon with a large leaf and Razz just blinks at him. "Did you rip that off a Bayleef?" he can't help but question while Salem looks mockingly offended. [break][break]

Its when he is called again that he looks up and eyes narrow in some concern at the condition she brings the pokemon in. With a whistle the Ninetails comes to them before Razz brings out more pokemon for healing. Specifically both an Audino and chansey for their care as if to act like a portable pokemon center. [break][break]

Meanwhile Ninetails uses her BILLZARD at the water to freeze a good amount of it as something cold to lay them on, Razz asssiting with laying them out on that before he gives another order for FROST BREATH on them. "Anymore or were these the most critical?"

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+ Mentions a Grass Type

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 22:30:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Perhaps that was the wrong phrase," Shalin shrugged, watching the Elite Ranger's Ice-types cool the overheated wild Cubchoo. While there wouldn't be visible results until well after the wilds got to a Pokémon Center, the wilds' changing facial expressions were signs that they were on the road to recovery. "Think of it like a safari service, but to the most remote and most rugged places in Hoenn--places so rough you have to have a Pokémon take you there."

Razz's motion pierced Shalin's heart, the girl stopping in her tracks. "...Once," she admitted. "It's the reason why the Crystal Trench beneath Shoal Cave turned from a Soft No-Rescue Zone to a Hard No-Rescue Zone. They really don't want people going down there anymore." Though unbeknownst to Shalin, Razz was likely fully aware of the reason why, and it had everything to do with and the Titan of Ice that roamed the Trench's ancient corridors. "It's not something I want to talk about." It wasn't just that she wanted to avoid the topic of death. She had taken @altageacia down there recently against Ranger protocol. They had lived to tell the tale, but it was a tale that could get her in trouble with the law if word got out.

Razz and his ice-types were doing a wonderful job taking care of the Cubchoo. While they were still hyperthermal for the time being, the mercury was headed in the correct direction. They were starting to calm down. "These were the worst of it, Commander, but I'm making one more pass around the island. Back in a flash!" With that, Shalin mounted Levy once more, the Milotic and his Dewgong friend Artea swishing their tails to propel themselves back in the cave's direction.

{WC: 293}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 10:07:04 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oooooh I see," is all he says to both aspects, the description of a safari guide much more informative than her previous description. He gives a nod about the restricted aera of Shoal Cave. He doesn't know the exact details of everything, but the tldr was enough. Besides that he could understand the aversion to talking about death. Hell he knows he often doesn't like talking about his time in the dessert all those months ago. [break][break]

He just hopes its not something she'll let hold her back. [break][break]

The ranger goes over to the Ninetails and gives her a good pet as well as a berry to help rejuvenate her energy. "You're doing a great job," he tells her as she takes a break from using her ice as for now all they could really do was let the cold sink into the water while the other pokemon played nurse. [break][break]

He gives the other a quick wave as she decides on herself to head back to the cave as a just in case. Might as well take sure the pokemon taking their place under the tents were doing okay.

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+ REFERENCING PAST EVENTS

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,465 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 10:47:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin, Levy, and Artea did one more sweep of the Shoal Cave outskiets, even the Dewgong starting to get uncomfortably warm thanks to her body being designed to retain heat in frigid environments rather than the conditions they were in now. Certainly, Hoenn was one of the most inhospitable regions for Ice-types, but this kind of heat this far north was something ice-type simply could not survive on their own.

Just as they had completed their sweep, the explorer noticed two Snorunt just inside the entrance of Shoal Cave, collapsed in the cool sands. They were not shivering like was normally constant aside from when they slept. Neither one of them reacted when Shalin picked them up. She could still feel a pulse, thank Arceus, but it was weak. Due to their size, she had to shuttle them to Artea's back one at a time before returning to the Mossdeep mainland.

"Two more!" Shalin shouted in Razz's direction, the water Pokémon making it to shore as close as possible to the cooling stations Razz had set up. "That should be all of them!" the lithe girl gave a thumbs-up.

{WC: 190}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 9:57:24 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Feeling out the pokemon, and many of them were showing signs of improvement. Sure they were going to need more time to recover, but they were no longer critical. Least until his partner brought in two more, but at least they were small, as Razz jogged over to the water to meet the volunteer half way . [break][break]

Razz carefully takes them as he moves under the tent and calls over his Ninetails with a whistle. Salem brings over a couple of water pokemon as they have his Rockruff dig a decent hole for them for the water pokemon to fill up with water gun, then for Ninetails to freeze the water as he puts in the two Snorunt. [break][break]

After he gives Nariya a thumbs up to mimic her, "Uhh Good job," he's not used to this type of interaction, but he does attempt his best at being friendly as he offers and awkward smile back. Though it doesn't last long before he goes back to his natural neutral state. "I'll be sure to report your work back to be properly compensated." He stands up again to stretch, "If you're able to help the rangers out more, I'm sure they'd appreciate your help."

[break][break]

[break]+
[break]+ REFERENCING PAST EVENTS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Record-Breaking Heat [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 23:16:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: