snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 23:48:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she arrives in mauville with every intention of meeting the newest gym leader...

unfortunately, the instability of the region and her own insatiable hunt has other ideas.

thunder rumbles in overhead. she pays it as much attention as she shouldn't, eyes immediately darting to the sky. somehow, she sees no clouds. it leaves a sense of unease in her bones, tumultuous and rocky like the ocean's current.

and yet, she still makes her way toward the gym first. a golurk follows closely behind.

she ignores goosebumps rising the longer she's outside, ignores the electric feeling of chaotic energy in the air.

instead... she simply places a warm smile onto her face and waits outside the gym for josh to meet her.

surviving space-time.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 21:48:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had the back gate of his Gym open; all his challenges were open for the public to watch. His non-traditional challenges in particular were a favorite of the Mauville crowd, attracting general sports fans in addition to Pokémon fans. There was just something enchanting, mesmerizing even, about watching five Pokémon shoot across a track at breakneck speeds, their riders guiding them in a delicate yet graceful dance across courses that would make racers of motor vehicles squeamish.

Josh was in a tight spot, on the final lap against a tall male with a Kantonian Rapidash. Every time the Leader had Blinky, his Jolteon mount, try to make a move, the Rapidash had more in the tank, cutting the lightning fast Electric-type off. "Blinky, QUICK ATTACK!" Josh cried, pushing the electric-type to her limits. With blistering speed, the Jolteon shot forward, the Leader feeling like he was launched out of a firearm's barrel from the sudden acceleration. The two ended up passing the Rapidash, to the applause of the gallery. Suddenly, a bright flash of light accompanied a fierce whinny followed by a pained cry cut through the electrifying atmosphere.

It was just like on Meteor Falls. It was just like at Splashfest. And at Fortree.

A Space-Time Distortion had formed right on top of Josh's new Gym. There was only one thing he could do. "Vicki, run as far as you can! Get you and your Rapidash to safety! I'll call you back to reschedule you! But for now, run as far as you can!" The two did as asked, a cacophony of screams coming from the stands as the Distortion advanced, threatening to trap the fans within its deadly space.

Just as suddenly, Josh noticed a woman about his age not far from the open gate, which was also on the inside of the inescapable Distortion. In flashes of light, a colossal Luxray and Pyroar, dwarfing the size of the Leader's saddled Luxray and Pyroar that were racing around the track, appeared halfway between the gate and Josh's position. They were each over ten feet tall, their pupils a frightening red. The Pyroar bellowed a NOBLE ROAR that shook the air with an ear-piercing vibration much like a car stereo's bass cranked to maximum volume. "LOOK OUT!" the racer shouted, his Jolteon, Manectric, Luxray, and Pyroar sprinting toward the giant Pokémon in an effort to save the woman from the giants' wrath.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good

{WC: 407}
{PC: 1}

note: This is a repeat mission for Josh.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 23:34:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the distortion falls quickly, suddenly, in a chaotic heap of dark swirls and rumbling thunder.

she's, perhaps fortunately, growing a little too accustomed to the sensations of space-time distortions. they almost bring a certain thrill when they come into existence. and with the thrill comes hunger...

her golurk rumbles low, half in warning and mostly in preparation.

two bodies begin to materialize as the distortion rises in strength. they're giant beasts, well beyond the sizes of their normal species. and as they rise to full height, her golurk stares down. somehow, they fail to reach the imposing bar her automaton has set.

she grins as unruly wind whips her hair into a frenzy.

"phantom force."

a voice sounds out, then, and her head turns to find the very gym leader she had been waiting for. he approaches with the speed she's heard rumors of, four pokemon each flanking his sides. her grin widens and without hesitation, she's raising a hand to wave him down. her golurk disappears from their sight in a slip of shadows and reappears by the giant distortion beasts, clay arms swinging with the finish of phantom force. the giant bodies sway before collapsing.

they fade out of existence as quickly as they come. she knows more will rise in their spots... they're pesky things, getting in the way of her overarching plan like this. can there ever be one distortion she goes into where she can execute her experiment without interruption?

"you're josh, right?"

she waits until he's closer before extending a hand.

"congrats on your promotion!"

surviving space-time.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 5:03:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh gasped when he saw the girl's Golurk dispatch the enormous Pyroar and Luxray with a single PHANTOM FORCE attack. Not because that Golurk weren't strong; they were extremely strong Pokémon that Josh feared in his Gym Challenge. What caught Josh's attention was that her Golurk downed a Pyroar, a Normal-type, in a single hit with a Ghost-type move. It completely defied his understanding of how Ghost-types worked. He didn't see it use FORESIGHT. Was the Golurk so well-trained that its Ghost-type moves pierced resistances?

"I'm really impressed your Golurk can do that," Josh greeted the traveler. "I've never seen a Ghost-type Pokémon take out a Normal-type Pokémon that way without using Foresight. It must have taken your Pokémon months of training." His eyes shifted in search of more giant Pokémon, but so far all was as calm as it was going to get; there were just arcs of white electricity flying all over the Distortion. While Distortions only lasted a few minutes, it was the longest few minutes of Josh's day every time he had stepped into one.

"I am, and thanks!" The Mauville Leader accepted the female's handshake. "My racing challenge is really popular. Every single challenger I've gotten has wanted to race me rather than battle me. I'm Leader Devlin or Ranger Devlin, but I go by Josh," he introduced himself, starting to say something else but stopping as a wave of thunder drowned his voice out. "These four are Saber, Aslan, and Blitz," he introduced the saddled Manectric, Pyroar, and Luxray, "and beneath me is Blinky," he gently pat the Jolteon. "I never thought I'd get the chance to go riding on a Jolteon. She can really put on some speed!"

{WC: 290}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 0:04:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her head tilts in mild confusion, as if she doesn't quite understand the compliment. it takes a moment before finally, painstakingly, it clicks into place.

"oh, um not really..."

she flushes a slightly pink in embarrassment.

"my golurks usually use phantom force as a way to initiate a fight instead of the move's actual purpose. it's like appearing from somewhere unexpected to hit the target with a fist, i suppose."

that or nikki forgot the typings... anyway!

after a moment of giving his hand a firm shake, she releases and flashes a wide smile. he's enthusiastic, bright eyed and bushy tailed in the new position. it's inspiring in a way, as if she hasn't seen such unbridled interest in running a gym in a little while.

"it's nice to meet you all! i've heard rumors about the fun of your races and your speed... it's nice to put faces to the names."

with a sweeping motion, she gestures to introduce her golurk first.

"this is deus," she pauses, bringing her arm back to introduce herself last. "and i'm illeana reyes, head scientist."

the title is, perhaps, unnecessary but she doesn't expect people to know much about her. after all, she's usually preoccupied in a lab all day or wildly chasing distortions on a feeling.

"how're you adjusting to everything? well, i hope?"

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 4:49:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh felt embarrassed when Illeana explained she had her Golurk use Phantom Force more as a way to travel than as a direct means of attack. "Right," he sighed. One of his weaknesses as a Gym Leader was in standard battles, particularly in Doubles. Other than speed boosting moves, Josh was not the greatest at thinking outside the box. That was good enough to deal with many challengers, but as his battles were scrutinized more, he would need to be more adaptable. "It really is no different than using Double Team to go faster in a race, isn't it?"

Illeana seemed genuinely happy to see such an upbeat, enthusiastic, and perhaps even naive Gym Leader join the ranks. The four Pokémon let out purrs and barks in greeting, though they were still on edge. More Alpha Pokémon could pop up at any moment! She, too, introduced her Pokémon, followed by herself. "Illeana, is it? Sounds vaguely familiar..." His mind swirled for a few seconds. "Wait, Head Scientist? Do you know Dr. ? She referred me to you to talk about Alpha Pokémon in general! I think some of my Pokémon, like Blinky here, might be related to them."

Josh couldn't have been happier about his new position, and it was one id didn't even ask for! The League had come to him and asked him if he wanted to join the Major League, and he wasn't going to say no! "I love the new Racing Grounds so much. There are so many possibilities here that my challengers can't just memorize all the tracks. It's wonderful. Busy, but wonderful; I've got challengers booked about--"

Another crash of thunder accompanied by a bright flash as two more giant Pokémon began terrorizing fans who hadn't taken cover yet; these two were an Absol and Manectric. Both of them stood taller Josh and his Pokémon, even with the Leader mounted. Several innocent bystanders were incapacitated by the Alpha Manectric's DISCHARGE. "No!" he cried. "Blinky, everyone! We have to hurry!" Josh felt himself be pushed back in the the Jolteon's saddle by the intense acceleration force, his four Pokémon bounding forward to come to the aid of the fallen.

{WC: 372}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 21:17:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes, sort of like that!"

she grins despite the concept of racing not being a fully familiar entity. it makes sense, in a way, but the intricacies of it all escape her even now.

and then, he mentions the other half of the science sister duo. her eyes light up at the sound of 's name, sparking further with the notion of a referral.

"oh, really? yeah, she's my coworker! i'd be happy to discuss further if you'd like to."

her grin widens at the sound of enthusiasm. it persists in a way she's almost envious of: whole and unflinching against the world they live in. somehow, she knows the league is over the moon with such a selection in their ranks.

he is cut off, however, by the sharp crack of lightning. it demands attention, quickly and urgently. josh seems to have the same line of thinking, already springing into action as a massive manectric unleashes an attack on the bystanders nearby. her eyes narrow and her golurk rumbles low: a warning.

they follow swiftly behind mauville's gym leader, not as fast as he but still within a close enough realm to barely keep pace.

"hammer arm!"

her golurk bursts forward, then, and swings a clay hammer arm down upon the manectric in an attempt to keep its attention focused solely on the automaton. if they can get the bystanders to safety... they'd have more room to work. her head whips toward josh, eyes narrowed in focus.

"are you able to begin evacuation?"

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 16:12:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh briefly smiled at Illeana agreeing to help him understand more about Alpha Pokémon and the many likely former Alphas in his squad. "When this is over, we'll talk about it more." It was a meeting he was looking forward to, but he had to make it out of this Distortion alive first!

The first electric blast left those unable to take cover in shock. Josh, thankfully, had a myriad of ways to handle electric Pokémon. Once he was at the site where the Alpha Manectric was towering over even Saber, its red eyes nothing short of mortifying for the patrons of the Gym, he hopped off the Jolteon, using the quilled Pokémon as a shield for the masses thanks to her VOLT ABSORB attracting the electric blast like a lightning rod.

Several of Josh's other Gym Pokémon were around, as well. He gathered them with a loud whistle. With help of some of his Gym Trainers, he began propping the unconscious bodies onto the backs of his Pokémon, giving instructions to those still conscious. "I'm on it!" he shouted back to the scientist, then addressed the crowd. "Get to the edge of the Distortion as fast as you can! It shouldn't last more than a few minutes, and you'll be safest there!" He himself was, of course, looking for a window to evacuate. But not until everyone else was safe!

{WC: 236}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 0:20:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]they're forced to discuss later if only because the distortion's structure is growing more chaotic by the minute.

and while she's, perhaps, too well versed in the oddness of it all, she has yet to narrow down the time to a single limitation. each instance she gets closer to an answer, it exceeds or refuses conformity.

as josh begins to evacuate the bystanders, the wind around them whistles out loud. a warning. thunder and lightning battle for dominance over her attention until they begin to sound more and more like a war drum's crooning.

the manectric begins to fade out beneath her golurk's fist, sure, but the absol still remains.

"dynamic punch."

and while her golurk begins to swing, dynamic punch sending its whole body forward, she redirects her attention back to josh for a moment.

"is everyone out?"

it's imperative that they are... for she does not know how many more beasts will rise from chaotic nothingness.

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 17:09:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The wind and lightning inside the Distortion becoming more chaotic was a sign that it was decreasing in stability, no doubt in par due to Illeana's efforts in repelling the wild Pokémon, A bright flash scared several evacuees that were on Josh's Pokémon, though it didn't scare the Leader. If anything, it made him smile; he had been in enough of these to know the bright flashes were a sign it would be over soon.

As soon as the Manectric vanished in a flash of light, the sound of a metallic screech caused many to cover their ears, a screeching Alpha Skarmory appearing in another bright entrance. Before anyone could react, the steel-type snatched a young lady in its talons and soared above the Racing Gounds, building up speed and ready to slam her into the ground.

It would have succeeded, if not for the Golurk's DYNAMIC PUNCH downing the blade-horned Dark-type. Illeana seemed not only studious of, but an avid battler when it came to Alpha Pokémon.

Several bright flashes later, the Distortion and the Skarmory vanished, leaving the terrified spectator in a freefall. Josh's Dragonair, Resheph, was there to save the day for her, though! She carefully timed a burst of EXTREME SPEED to reach her in time, the unexpected rider screaming for her life for a different reason now. Her heart thumping as Josh's Pokémon slowly eased out of the Sacred Arte and landed, she stumbled off and collapsed. While there were injuries, not a single person had perished.

"Everyone's safe. It's over. Couldn't have done it without you. Thank you."

{WC: 267}
{PC: 5}

Resheph       Dragonair      Good

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 4:05:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the final opponent's body falls, the distortion's edges begin to dissipate.

she blinks and chaos fades out as if it had never been there at all... watching each distortion die out of existence is always an odd sort of experience. she finds a sense of longing with each fading one, as if there's something newly comforting about the chaotic thrum of danger they hold.

it's gone, then, in one final clap of thunder.

and as she turns to face josh, a relieved sort of smile rises.

"thank you for taking care of evacuation so quickly."

he had been a blessing. otherwise, this might have not been as clean... and how would she have explained more casualties happening around her?

she wouldn't.

the scientist steps closer, then, and begins to roll up her sleeves.

"are any civilians injured?"

her expression is serious, focused. she still has one final job to do.

"can you bring me to them? i'll heal them."

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 19:53:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If there was one thing Josh was good at, it was quick thinking. The divide-and-conquer strategy the duo utilized against the dangers of the Space-Time Distortion saved the lives of all the spectators and challengers that were trapped within the Gym's property this day. "It was all I could do," Josh replied with a weak smile, fighting exhaustion. "At least two. I'll do a once over and bring those two and anyone else back."

After a quick survey, Josh and his Pokémon brought back four total victims with injuries, all of them teenagers. They all had suffered the same type of injury: large claw marks of various lengths and depths. It was clear that the Alpha cat Pokémon were responsible. "Some of these wounds look pretty bad," Josh noted aloud as his Pokémon dropped the victims off in front of her. "I should call emergency services. Some of these look really deep. You sure you can handle it?"

{WC: 161}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,123 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
decode
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 4:13:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows the information he brings.

and as he gathers the injured, she begins to call lingering bits of power into place. it starts slow, the way water begins to trickle before becoming a stream.

her mist is no different.

he returns with four injured, all young with slashes running through their bodies. she doesn't even bother to wince. it's not the worst she's seen.

"i can handle it."

her hands begin to put on a pearly pink coat as healing mist wraps around them. once the power is concentrated to her liking, she begins on the first teenager. his slashes aren't as deep as the next three. they heal within moments of her hands coming into contact with the injuries.

and she continues working like this, with her hands growing bloodier as she moves from victim to victim. it takes twenty minutes before each teenager is fully mended, as if they hadn't even been slashed at all. small scar lines are all that remains.

"they should be fine now."

her head turns toward josh as her hands lose their misty appearance. the blood still remains, staining her hands.

"you can call emergency services. they'll need to close off the damaged area from civilians. would you like me to stay for the report?"

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
decode
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 10:24:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was completely oblivious to the display of Illeana's supernatural healing, as he was far too busy getting ahold of emergency services and providing first responders needed information. Knowing the number of victims, the extent of the wounds, and access points to the properly was very important to making sure the teams could transport victims to medical facilities throughout the busy city.

All Josh noticed was the copious amount of blood covering the scientist's hands.

"Wow, this must have been...really bad," Josh gasped, seeing the swaths of destruction the Alpha Pokémon had wrought upon his Gym, as well as the human toll. While there were no deaths, the four had been badly hurt. While the signs of physical injury were gone, the mental injury would stay with them for weeks or even months.

"Shouldn't need to, but you are right. Mauville Gym will need to operate at a reduced capacity until we get this mess cleaned up. And thanks again; you're a life saver."

{WC: 166}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
decode
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 6:17:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)