forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 21:07:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","gabriel12"]
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel's fingers tap impatiently against the arm of his chair, the tempo to that of a legion marching to war. in retrospect — he was.
[break][break]
a knock at the door has his piercing blues snapping up, the woman behind it giving a sheepish smile. he'd been in a mood today, and she was clearly hesitant to exacerbate that.
[break][break]
"they're here." she calls, and he simply nods in approval. leaving it cracked, she retreats to the lobby, eager for gabriel's attention to fall anywhere else.
[break][break]
as the two make their way in, gabriel dispenses with pleasantries immediately.
[break][break]
"sit," he calls, his voice brokering no argument.

[attr="class","notes"] | [break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=".gabriel12 img"] border-radius: 3px; width: 400px; border: 1px solid #232323; background: #2b2b2b; padding: 9px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 21:27:50 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Getting the call from Counselman was definitely unexpected. [break][break]

However he could really used the distraction for the uncalled for suspension, and it was jobs like this that helped. So Rather than his usual Ranger uniform he is dressed more professionally as he is meeting with a Counselman. As per ususal Salem hangs off his right shoulder as when he enters the waiting room he gives the Head Scientist a nod of greeting. Curious as to why both of them were called before being allowed to enter. [break][break]

Razz does as he's told and takes a seat while Salem takes a spot sitting in his Trainer's lap. "Morning Mr. Black," is the only greetings he gives as he waits for the man to let them know why they've been called.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 21:32:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she enters at the heels of razz, side surprisingly free of its usual golurk guard.

a polite smile rises and while gabriel's voice offers no wiggle room, she isn't as intimidated as before. he's become someone she knows well enough to lend the tone to his usual nature.

razz, however, is still more of an enigma than anything. silph co might be their most blatant connection but she knows little of him outside the company's halls.

"councilman," she murmurs. her head dips slightly in greeting before she takes her seat beside razz. and in the silence, she crosses one leg over the other and neatly folds her hands into her lap.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 21:44:00 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
S.A.M., gabriel's rotom, engages running silent. a number of mechanisms snap into place, the windows turn even further opaque from the outside, and a series of emitters in the walls ensure technology is all but rendered inert in here.

[break][break]
gabriel doesn't give it a thought.
[break][break]
"mr. kingsman, professor reyes. i require your assistance." he takes out his phone, laying it flat on the table between them. his gaze flicks to the ranger, however.
[break][break]
"i understand one of your abilities deals with ensuring the truth. can you display that for me?"

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 21:56:44 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Ah so that was why he was called. Good its nice to see that the league wants to put it to use. He just hopes that it'll all be for the right reason. His one eye gives a look to the phone that was place down out of some curiosity but he does give a nod. "Of course," he agrees before he lifts a hand, "Normally I use this technique with my Litwik, and play it off that the Litwik is the one with the ability as there are only a handful outside AQUA that know what I am," Razz explains as he wants to be clear that the only reason he's openly showing it to them is because they know. [break][break]

With that there is a snap of his fingers, and with it a spark. From that spark 3 flames shoot out to encircle all them, the flames giving off a pink-purplish hue. "Now any lie you tell will be called out, guess if you want to keep it simple and actually see you can both answer this with a 'Yes' or 'No' only, have you ever been a willing member of Team Rocket?" because that was always the go to question to see if someone could be trusted right? [break][break]

"Feel free for one of you to tell the truth while the other lies if you want to see how it looks"

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 22:03:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]their assistance... but for what?

curiosity simmers beneath skin, persistent in the way it lingers.

razz sets up his ability. and for a moment, she observes. it's an interesting thing, different than the terrain she possesses. the fire is pretty in an eerie sort of way. she stares a little longer before the question comes around.

her head bobs in agreement before her eyes flitter between both men.

"yes."

she thinks, for a moment, of the time spent in rocket cells. she wouldn't exactly call that willing...

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 22:17:54 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the question posed raises a potential conflict — he chooses to take 's as the example needed.

[break][break]
"a useful tool that, perhaps, will be needed on this venture. but first—" he looks plainly at , then at . beneath the ranger's power, he speaks.
[break][break]
"what am i about to reveal to you is classified. outside of myself, only you two will be included in that circle of trust." the truth, all of it, or at least, to the best of his knowledge.
[break][break]
"any dissemination of this information to outside parties without my permission, and i will personally ensure, through the weight of my office, connections, or otherwise, that the responsible party will be made to regret that decision for as long they may live."
[break][break]
the lights do not flicker.
[break][break]
"do we all understand one another?"

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 22:26:53 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Blue flames flicker, and in his head there feels like there is a switch to flick as usual. Ands like usual Razz chooses not to flick it as he doesn't want to hurt the people here. However his single eye narrows a bit as the other chooses not to answer the question. He leaves his terrain up as it seems the other is willing to stay true to his threat. [break][break]

"I have no problems with keeping things confidential sir and your secret will be kept with me, however forgive me for asking but is there a reason why you choose to not answer my question?" Razz decides to call out, curious on the man's decision to avoid a yes or no to what should be a simple question.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 22:43:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]to be in the league with the title she holds, let alone a part of aqua... it requires a specific level of silence.

this is proving to be no different.

"understood."

she offers nothing else but agreeance. there is, however, a curiousness to the way her eyes dart toward razz.

why did the councilman not answer the question?

she knows, on some level, it could be as simple as the reason behind this summons is more important. and yet, she can't swallow back the need to know.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 22:54:15 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"you left me the choice of whether or not i wanted to see both sides, and i chose a path that would align with my own assurances."
[break][break]

he gives a pointed look.
[break][break]

"would you prefer i answer to alleviate your suspicions that a councilman is not a rocket thrall?"

[attr="class","notes"]@name[break]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:06:08 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

"It would," he answers without missing a beat. Had he been younger, had he in his early days of being part of the Rangers or even early with Silph Co. Razz would've backed down to his superior, though he's noticed that the longer and longer he's been with Reshiram, along side a boost of some confidence, that asking this question to bring truth wasn't as much trouble. [break][break]

"Commissioner had no troubles answering the question of ever working with Rocket willingly, why would you? [break][break]

Though you're free to move the topic along if you rather abstain,"
he backs down as he sits back, but does give Illeana a look. Whether that be for Gabriel to see if the scientist now had doubt on his refusal to answer a question, or if to give the woman a chance to see how dodgy their Counselman choose to be, was up in the air.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:13:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"the answer does not change much," she murmurs once razz has said his piece.

her stare is pointed, perhaps even a little defiant.

"it's entirely possible to believe in concepts from both sides. it does not change the fact that you are one of our leaders and we hope for transparency when presented with the opportunity."

besides, the question is phrased to mean different things.

if it had been, say, if you have met with rocket members willingly... perhaps the answers would be different. she knows, deep down, hers would be.

her chin rises a little higher.

"if you'd prefer to not answer then please explain why our talents are needed."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:23:30 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
his eyes narrow on . perhaps demoting her beneath wasn't enough, if she still had the gall to question him here.
[break][break]

nevertheless.
[break][break]

"i've never been a willing member of team rocket." and he he hadn't been. he'd done backroom deals with known members, all to further the gain of him and his - but he was never a member.
[break][break]

he holds his gaze steady on for a moment.
[break][break]

continuing, he unlocks the phone, and presses play. a voice, deranged, female, and child-like, plays.
[break][break]

[break][break]

"do you all understand?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:35:21 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

The Ranger nods in acceptance of the answer, not going further with it as he doesn't feel its needed for this instance. For now he just listens to the phone play. At first he doesn't really understand what is being talked about. Though its the talk of 'Ultra space' where he goes pale. His time during that war still very clear to him. [break][break]

"Us? like megalopolan?" he questions more for confirmation more than anything. He still isn't clear on what 'wild ones' were, because he feels his question is more important.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
scurry, rats
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:43:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the question is answered and she lets that part of the conversation die out.

the recording he plays, anyway, is more important.

she shifts forward in her seat, a look of contemplation quickly rising.

"i'm assuming the only thing stopping them from further invasion is no way to access our world?"

they did, after all, destroy majority of their machines. whatever was left over after the war... the carcasses were picked apart by the league and used for their own resources.

"it's concerning there's megalopolans still around that we don't know about."

lying in wait like the rats they are... how long until they gather the masses?

actually, a thought rises quickly and without warning. the barrier. while it showed glimpses of other worlds when attacked by z-moves and unown, the lack of ultra space was peculiar.

she chews on it for a moment, not yet bringing it to the table.