cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 1:19:07 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Despite the fact that she has the call and starts in immediately, he easily overtakes her–obviously more used to the taste than she is. The tartness makes her face twist up even as she’s chugging. Her tongue wants to curl up in response[break][break]

But she does as he’d instructed and a few seconds later her glass is thumped down next to his.[break][break]

Calla exhales a heavy breath afterward, and lifts her arm to wipe at her mouth with her sleeve. “Yeah, uh,” her words break off as she finally sputters, “yeah, I’d say so.”[break][break]

The effects of chugging all of the drink goes straight to her head, and she has to blink a few times to clear out the static. Swallow down the warm burn in her throat.[break][break]

Then she grins up at him. “Could be worse, yeah?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#dbb66b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 10:27:58 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

with his body and soul already familiar with the uriah bomb, it doesn't take him nearly as long as her to adjust to the effects brought on by the drink. in fact, after a few seconds, he's as good as ever, ready for more drinks.[break][break]

he sips his beer.[break][break]

"uh, you mean it's amazing, right? because it is."[break][break]

just like him. uriah black. clearly.[break][break]

the act doesn't hold very long. he laughs, sliding the now-empty glass away from him.[break][break]

"they named it after me because i was the only one who ordered it. pretty sure i still am."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp color-shiny"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 15:42:00 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Given that she’s like five foot nothing and lil, it’s not much of a surprise that it hits her harder and faster. She wouldn’t call herself a lightweight, but, well.[break][break]

She snorts, brows lifting. “Amazing might be a strong word.”[break][break]

It wasn’t too terrible though. She likes sour candies, and it had sorta the same effect.[break][break]

Her own skeptical expression falters in the wake of his laughter. It melts into a smile, wide and amused.[break][break]

“That’s all?” the words twine with a giggle, “that’s some commitment to an acquired taste.”[break][break]

She’s prepared now, knows what to expect. “Should we do another one?”

[break][break]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#dbb66b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 16:55:25 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the sour candies comparison is very accurate. it is kinda like that. gross in a way but somewhat charming? just like uriah, maybe?[break][break]

"i guess so. but it's a good acquired taste, i think."[break][break]

her suggestion catches him off guard. or at least he takes it as a suggestion when it very well could have just been a question.[break][break]

"woah, woah, woah. not gonna pass out on me, are you?"[break][break]

he downs the rest of his beer then nods.[break][break]

"i'm down."

mission![break]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 19:35:59 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Guess I can’t argue with that.” Is Uriah kinda gross but charming? Jury’s out on that one. Maybe also a good acquired taste by her standards, but she’s not copping to that.[break][break]

The look she gives him is unamused to say the least. Flat and somber as her voice. “No, of course not. Do you think I would do that? Me, being…me?”[break][break]

Then it melts always and she laughs, hand already lifting to flag the bartender before pointing at Uriah. She figures that’s indication enough to know what she means.[break][break]

If he really is the only one out here drinking Uriah Bombs.[break][break]

“Really, though. I’ll be fine.” Worst case, he deals with drunk Calla, and she’s heard that she’s a fun time.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:37:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i trust you."[break][break]

worst case, he'll just have to deal with drunk calla, which he is actually looking forward to seeing. maybe.[break][break]

the bartender gets it instantly, and within a minute returns with a fresh round of uriah bombs.[break][break]

"alright, alright. let's go. down in one."[break][break]

even if he can still taste the last round in the back of his throat, he picks up his glass, drops the shot glass, then grins at her before tipping it back.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:59:16 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Good. Swear I’m not that bad.” Giggly? Definitely. Flirty? Maybe a little. But really she’s just a bit more outgoing than normal—not that she seems to have much difficulty with that around him.[break][break]

Calla gives the bartender a double thumbs up as thanks, so maybe she’s already feelin’ it a lil, but if she was gonna come out tonight to a sports bar in costume, why wouldn’t she have some more fun than usual?[break][break]

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s do this.”[break][break]

Her nerves are fuzzed over, liquid confidence setting in and convincing her that’s she’s got a better handle on it now as she repeats his actions and grabs up her glass to down in much quicker than the first time around.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 8:09:57 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the double thumbs up? yeah, she's definitely feeling it already. the sight of it makes him chuckle as he finds it endearing. cute, even.[break][break]

she downs her drink quicker than he expects.[break][break]

"holy...alright, maybe you aren't that boujee."[break][break]

he laughs as he sets his empty glass back down.[break][break]

"good job."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 3:11:17 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

The glass is set down triumphantly, and for a moment her head spins. A moment to process, focus swimming to the front of her mind and she looks up at him. Then both hands shoot up into the air over her head as she whoops.[break][break]

Yes. Calla Roth…whooping.[break][break]

“Told ya I’m not!” she declares, one hand dropping just enough to point at him and grinning smugly.[break][break]

Her face feels warm from the alcohol, flushing her cheeks. “Thank you very much, sir.” Prim words and a definitive nod at her fists ball on her hips.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 3:08:19 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

calla roth...whooping. is this a fever dream?[break][break]

he shakes his head, blinks, and tries to wake up only to realize that it is very much real. he stares at her pointed finger, laughing as he reaches up to playfully slap her hand away.[break][break]

"yes! yes, you are always right, cal."[break][break]

and uriah is always wrong. he has no problems admitting that.[break][break]

then, an idea pops up, and his gaze shifts to a particular table not too far away from them.[break][break]

"how good are you at beer pong?"

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 4:01:19 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“That’s a real good answer, Uri.” She laughs as he swats her hand and she mimes shaking it like the playful slap stung. “Alllllways right.”[break][break]

Her eyes follow the shift in his, sluggishly so as she tries to pinpoint exactly what he’s looking at. The pong table, ohhhhh… okay so she’s not exactly good at beer pong. Her hand-eye coordination is actually terrible, but-[break][break]

But!!![break][break]

Damn if Cal isn’t competitive. And also lit. “I’m great at beer pong.” Voice airy, maybe a little spacey as she tossed the long strands of her ponytail over one shoulder and grins smugly up at him.“Peer bong champ, even. Beer ping. Pong. You know.”[break][break]

Hand latching onto one of Uriah’s fake ones, she determines to drag him over there.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 6:54:24 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"uh, you can't be beer pong champ because i'm the beer pong champ."[break][break]

guess there's only one way to find out who's the real champ, huh? it looks like she has the same idea as him as he feels a tug on one of his fake arms. his body moves before his legs do so he's left stumbling after her.[break][break]

it only takes them a few moments to finish setting up the beer pong station. red cups with cheap beer line both sides of the table. in the middle is a sole red cup containing water and a ping pong ball.[break][break]

"alright, hot stuff, let's see what you got."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 6:13:59 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

She scoffs, an exaggerated look of skepticism dances over her expression. “Uhuh. Suuuuuuurrreeee you are.”[break][break]

Uncontained laughter follows, though she tries (and fails) to hide it behind her hand. She’ll prove it, though! As soon as…well, as soon as she figures out what good aim is.[break][break]

Her face is already warm from the back to back Uriah Bombs, but somehow her skin feels practically infernal at the little nickname. She must be cherry-colored. Even if it’s just a throwaway remark. Nothing meant.[break][break]

Cal rubs the ping pong ball back between her palms, as if it makes for good luck. Squinting with one eye, she draws her arm back as she aims for the target then tosses the ball. It’s perfect it’s on point—[break][break]

It’s such a bad throw, it sails right over Uriah’s head.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 11:14:11 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

little does she know, there's actually a framed picture hanging behind the bar of him winning the annual beer pong tournament at this particular sports bar. but go to any other bar and he'd likely be there, too.[break][break]

while uriah does notice the cherry color doting her cheeks, and as cute as it is, he chalks it up to the alcohol instead of his words.[break][break]

he can't help the burst of laughter that follows as she whiffs her throw.[break][break]

"cal...what was that?"[break][break]

still laughing, he turns around, picks up the ball, dunks it in the middle cup of water, and then walks back over to his side.[break][break]

"watch and learn."[break][break]

he tosses, sinking it into the cup furthest away from her.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 5:33:44 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

In short, Calla is doomed and she doesn’t even know it.[break][break]

In all fairness, the color persistently resting heavy in her face is from the liquor she’s consumed more than being flustered. But the thought still gets tucked away in the back of her hazy mind.[break][break]

In the wake of her disaster throw, Calla just stares across the table at him before a loud squawk of incredulous laughter erupts from her and she immediately claps her hands over her mouth.[break][break]

“My…my hand slipped!” she claims after a beat, but it is very definitely a lie.[break][break]

Her hands raise to tug at the ears of her headband in dramatic dismay. “Oh noooooo, how did you do that?”[break][break]

Rules are rules, though, so despite her whining, she fishes the ball out and tips the cup back.
[break][break]