uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 16:04:15 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

work is work. anything outside of that is, well, not work. which is why he has no issues with inviting to this costume party as he greatly enjoys her company.[break][break]

perhaps to calla's surprise later, the costume party is being held at one of uriah's preferred sports bar. he frequents often, so much so that they even have a drink named after him.[break][break]

tonight, he's dressed as chad his machamp, four arms and all with makeup that makes him look like a lime-green machamp. he's about three drinks in when he finally pulls out his phone to check the time.[break][break]

taptaptaptaptaptaptap[break][break]

he sends a text out:[break][break]

wru

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp color-shiny"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 21:16:13 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

A party at a bar (let alone a sports bar,) is probably one of the last places Calla would opt to find herself—but because Uriah is one of the few people she is more relaxed around, she obliges his invitation.[break][break]

She even came in costume…so he owes her big time. And also she needs a drink for it, even if her costume isn’t all that over the top. A white dress with a flared skirt, comfortable matching boots. Then the ears and pinned tails to mimic her alolan vulpix. Silvery hair twisted up in a ponytail and shimmery, pale blue makeup to emphasize the snowiness of it all.[break][break]

…Only now that she’s here, she can’t find him in the crowd.[break][break]

As if on cue, her phone buzzes in her hand and she peers down at the brightened screen. A fleeting smile before her thumbs are tapping out a reply.[break][break]

by the door, mb?[break][break]

She rolls up on her toes, unable really to see above the partygoers packed together.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#dbb66b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 9:17:57 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

due to his sheer height alone, he sees her familiar silvery hair in the sea of people. he raises his hand, waving at her.[break][break]

"calla!"[break][break]

somehow, his voice carries, and it only takes him a few moments before he's pushing through the crowd to reach her.[break][break]

he offers her a cold bottle of beer.[break][break]

"sick outfit! didn't recognize you for a sec! thanks for coming."

mission![break]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .gingerboi blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 15:56:04 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Oh. No wonder she couldn’t find him despite the considerable height advantage he has over her.[break][break]

“Hey,” she returns, hand lifting in faint greeting and still openly gawking at Uriah and his get up.[break][break]

Calla takes the offered bottle gratefully, and finally a quiet laugh slips out. “Speak for yourself! You’re so….green. Convincing though.” Was she that dressed up? She hadn’t thought so, but maybe it was a bit nicer than her normal work attire.[break][break]

“Sure, thanks for inviting me. I’ve never been here.” She tips the bottle at him, voice lifting above the din of chatter and music.
[break][break]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#dbb66b; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 16:03:14 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i tried the usual machamp grey but it just made me look sick, so i ended up with green."[break][break]

worked out in the end considering his machamp is the odd green instead of the usual grey.[break][break]

his four machamp arms get slapped around as people walk past.[break][break]

"oh, yeah. this place is, like, so not your vibe."[break][break]

anti-calla vibes for real.[break][break]

"but, look."[break][break]

he points past her to a board above the bar. on it are tonight's drink specials. the uriah bomb is listed as one of them.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 2:23:53 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her nose wrinkles. “Good call. Though a zombie machamp wouldn’t have be bad if you wanted to spook people.”[break][break]

Calla reaches out, and smacks at one of the attached arms. “You could totally clothesline someone my height with one of these. Completely taken out.” She would need to be careful of them.[break][break]

Glancing at them, her brow lifts as she tilts back her beer bottle for a swig. “What kinda place do you think is my vibe, then?” At least he knew what wasn’t.[break][break]

But hey, she’s still here now though.[break][break]

He directs her attention, and she turns. “The Uriah Bomb, huh?” She hums thoughtfully. “First of all, how’d you manage to get a drink named for you? Second, are you gonna wrangle me into getting one?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 3:54:17 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh shit. zombie machamp would've been cool."[break][break]

as she smacks one of the attached arms, uriah twists his body to one side, swinging two of the attached arms around to slap her.[break][break]

"some place more boujee that serves cocktails and wine. actually, they serve wine here, but i don't imagine it's any good."[break][break]

he takes a large swig of his beer only to laugh moments after.[break][break]

"that's a trade secret, and yes, i am."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 4:37:51 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“You missed out,” she replied with a snort, only to smack back at the other arms sent in her direction with a huff. “Hey, unfair advantage!”[break][break]

The hand not hanging onto the neck of her bottle lifts to press against her collarbone, as if in offense. “Do you really think I’m boujee? Wine preference or not, that needs to be fixed.”[break][break]

Maybe it’s her own fault he thinks so, given that she acts so prim and proper at work. But Calla’s never really managed to have truly refined taste.[break][break]

If she was actually boujee, she probably would not be drinking beer at a sports bar right now. She’s just a homebody—that’s her scene.[break][break]

“Well that’s lame. Think I should get the origin story if you wanna convince me to try it.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 9:01:11 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"kinda..."[break][break]

actually, not really, seeing how boujee people wouldn't have even entertained this sports bar. he assumes she doesn't go out much, let alone to places like this.[break][break]

"but what if the origin story is really lame?"[break][break]

it is. but how many people can say they have a drink named after them?[break][break]

he turns a bit, fake arms slapping into some stranger before he gestures over to the bar.[break][break]

"come on, cal! have one, and i'll tell ya."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 16:07:57 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Ouch, Uriah.” She mimes a stab to the heart.[break][break]

Calla scoffs then, a dry little tch of sound. “Guess I’ll have to make it clear that I’m not.” Not that she really plans on putting that much effort into the endeavor. Her curmudgeony tendencies to stay at home bundled on the couch always have a way of showing up the longer she’s out at something social.[break][break]

“If it’s lame, that just makes me want to hear it more.” So that she can laugh about it, presumably, if it’s something dumb or ridiculous.[break][break]

She takes another long pull from her bottle, eyeing him over the glass edge of it. “How about,” she begins, leaning one arm on the bartop. Or really, she tries to because the bar is high and she is short, so she definitely doesn’t look as cool as she thinks she does, “I’ll do one, and you tell me. But you do one too.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 16:34:21 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"guess you do."[break][break]

how could she ever possibly do that? he supposes he'll find out eventually.[break][break]

at her acceptance to try his drink, he grins, then waves at the bartender before doing some hand signals only the bartender seems to understand.[break][break]

"deal. now come on."[break][break]

reaching for her arm (with his real hand), he leads her towards the bar, having to shoulder through a few people to get there. his build makes it easy enough.[break][break]

once there, two glasses sit in front of them, accompanied by two smaller shot glasses. the uriah bomb is basically a skittle bomb: a shot of cointreau dropped into red bull.[break][break]

do boujee people even drink this? he decides to put it to the test.[break][break]

"have you ever had something like this before?"

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 21:10:37 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

She flashes him a thumbs up. “Challenge accepted.”[break][break]

Now this has become a matter of her pride at stake. Well, sort of. Cal doesn’t exactly feel like it’s threatened by Uriah of all people, but it’s fun to play up the drama of it just a little bit.[break][break]

Washing down the remnants of her beer, she lets him lead her further down the bar. Arm inadvertently twisting where he holds it so that her hand can slip into his for a more secure link through the crowd. She ducks around and under those he shoulders aside.[break][break]

“Do you think I’m a granny or something?” she asks with a sputter of laughter. Okay, maybe she is—that is beside the point. She lets silence descend between them for a few seconds before she sulks. “Fine, no. I haven’t. Maybe I’m a mimosa girl.”[break][break]

But that still doesn’t mean she’s boujee!![break][break]

“Alright, how do we do this then?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 3:58:41 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"gods, mimosas are great, but also, i knew it."[break][break]

hand only now sliding out of hers, he reaches for their drinks, offering her the shot glass of cointreau.[break][break]

"right. okay. so, you're gonna want to drop the shot glass in, then chug. the taste's gonna catch you off guard but you gotta power through it."[break][break]

then, he reaches for his, one hand on the glass of red bull and the other holding the shot glass. he raises it, waiting for her mark.[break][break]

"ready when you are."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 4:33:11 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“You knew nothing!” Her eyes roll as she protests, nudging him with an elbow.[break][break]

She hadn’t even really thought about the fact that her hand remained in his until after the fact. But even then, she was too busy observing the preparation of the Uriah Bomb to think much on it.[break][break]

“The whole glass, just right in there?” Still, Calla takes the offered shot glass. “..Okay.” She’s a fast learner, she can show as much.[break][break]

“Alright..go!” Spoken after a beat when she’s got both glasses in hand. The shot glass thumps against the bar top before she plunks it inside the larger glass and knocks it back.[break][break]

He’s not wrong about the taste. And her face scrunches up, but stubbornly she continues to chug.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
CHAD-LIKE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 9:20:19 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"yup! just dunk it in."[break][break]

on her cue, without any hesitation, he drops his shot glass in and then raises the other glass up to sip. though sip quickly turns to chug as he downs the drink with ease.[break][break]

the glass lowers back onto the counter seconds after.[break][break]

"wakes you right up, huh?!"[break][break]

he chuckles, then turns to look at cal.[break][break]

"thoughts?"

mission![break]