6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
A Taste of Glitz [S][C/Eva]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 6:34:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After the race was over and he had dried off, Josh approached on the beaches of Mauville Bay, impressed with seeing the winner's trophy in her hand. "So you say you've never raced before, yet you pull a performance like that your first time on Torpedo's back in competition?" he asked, his mind still blown that the race's celebrity guest would actually win it all. "You're a real prodigy. You should think about joining the circuit for yourself. Silver Class may be mostly amateurs, but they're still quite good."

Before Josh could ask the Professor anything else, Platinum Class racer Jody Summers approached her. He immediately recognized the person; she was not only a professional Pokémon racer, but she routinely appeared on televised races as a commentator. "We're ready for your post-race interview. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes of your time." Wait, Eva was going to be on TV? This race wasn't going to be televised, to his knowledge.

Josh sat down near to the booth but well out of the camera's view, listening to what Eva and the caster had to say. "Good afternoon, everyone. We are here, live, from Mauville Bay's Drift Waterway race course with today's champion, Dr. Eva Morales. Congratulations on your Silver Class victory. So let's start with the big Pokémon in the room. You've had no history with Pokémon racing before, yet you come out to a big event such as this one and take the checkered flag. What got you into Pokémon racing?"

{WC: 265}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 19:15:15 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva had just finished taking a few photos alongside Torpedo. After a wonderful performance, she returned the Barraskewda back into his pokeball where he would get the nice long rest her deserved before being patched up back at home and treated to a nice treat in the lake.

“Oh, hi, Josh!” she greets as she uses a towel the wring some of the water out of her hair. She hadn’t had the time to full change just yet and wore a light jacket over her swim suit, “Ha! It certainly was a surprise! I didn’t expect Torpedo to do so well!” or herself, truthfully, “Hmm I think I’ll keep it just a hobby for now,” before she has a chance to chat with Josh more, they are interrupted by the media. Eva doesn’t recognize the Platinum Class racer, she barely watched the sport. After today though, she’d likely pay much more attention.

The Professor isn’t a stranger to interviews. It comes with the territory of her job title, though rarely people found what she had to say as interesting as battling. Perhaps today would be different!

“Well, Hi! Yeah, that’s me, I’m Eva,” she gives he camera a little wave along with a bright smile. Although the truth was that her mother was a Rapidsash racer in Kanto, she doesn’t repeat the same story for the camera, avoiding the attention it would bring to her family that still lives under Rocket rule at home, “To be honest, I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie!” she laughs lightly, “I couldn’t pass up an invite to tear through some wicked turns and test out Torpedo’s speed on a real race course! I do love the rush of the race!”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 7:36:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh took a seat well outside the camera's angle to live-listen to Eva's winning interview. One of his favorite things about the post-race show was getting to learn more about the people that held the reins of their Pokémon. Her answer to Jody's first question blew his mind. She was just a recreational racer with no experience, yet she beat out an entire field of talent that was ready to turn at least semi-pro? She was in the wrong field.

"There is certainly no shortage of those on the circuit," Jody replied. It was true; the adrenaline rush was one of the most common reasons for athletes to join the circuit. It didn't seem so to anyone unfamiliar, but being atop a Pokémon at those speed took a lot of athleticism from the rider, too. "Torpedo is a nice Barraskweda you've got there! The only one in today's field, in fact. You two must have known each other for a long time."

{WC: 164}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 2:39:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva has to think about how long she has known Torpedo for. In truth, it hasn’t been that long. However, he was one of the first pokemon she caught when she arrived in Hoenn. In fact, she was still a ranger back then, “Torpedo and I have known each other just over a year now, maybe closer to two. He’s one of the first pokemon I caught when I came to Hoenn. We’ve done some recreational diving together and buzzing around the Water Routes near Lilycove prior to this,” Most racers probably have had their partners for much longer, "We did battle in the Hoenn Star Tournament together!" that was a fun one.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 2:50:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh thought about the interview questions himself. It was only a matter of time before he was asked similar questions, what with how strong his racing skill was. He had several close finishes in the Johto League, and even in the Hoenn League, but was never able to bring home the win. It seemed Eva at least had a long-term relationship with Torpedo, explaining why they were in such amazing sync.

"One year is a young relationship. Sounds like you two know each other quite well. Your display of teamwork today was nothing short of amazing." It was true; many racers' star Pokémon had known their trainers for years. Saber and Josh had known each other for over ten years. "Now that you've won, what are your plans after your first Silver Class victory?" Jody asked, again tilting the microphone toward Eva.

{WC: 143}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 5:20:12 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Nothing short of amazing?! A natural flush of red blossoms on her cheeks at the compliment, “Ahhh thanks!” their raiding technique was, admittedly, unique.

“Oh! Well, I haven’t really given it much thought, you know?” she’s silent for a moment before shrugging her shoulder, “Wasn’t really uhhh expectin to win,” that’s the truth though, “I don’t know . . . I’ll probably enter some more! That was fun!” her smile is bright and genuine, “Well, when I have time . . . Head Professor is a pretty demanding job,” and one she certainly doesn’t slack at.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 6:02:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was growing increasingly dumbfounded as the interview went on. Eva genuinely seemed like a prodigy in the wrong field. Wait a second, Head Professor?! Eva was a Head Professor?! Those were words the semi-professional athlete was not expecting to hear. All he knew was Eva was a celebrity, but not that kind of celebrity! Perhaps the reason she won was she was able to calculate the perfect Pokémon for the race. That would be very... Head Professor-like, he thought.

"Talent like yours could get you far in Gold Class," Jody replied. "And you're Head Professor? My, my, a woman of many talents we have here!" That would be a juicy tidbit for the media: a racing champion that was also one of Hoenn's greatest scholars. "As Head Professor, what are your fields of study? And outside of that, what do you do?"

{WC: 144}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 6:01:52 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Head Professor does not mean good at math – and Eva is certainly not very good at math. Pokemon nature and natural abilities? Yes. She could read that like a book and she could fix almost any of them. Except my a Porygon. She was still figuring out coding. That was ’s expertise. Though her time spent researching Ramsey island with did make a bit more proficient with the strange creatures.

Gold Class . . . must be better than Silver Class. Guess that’s where she would be heading next! “Yes, ma’am! Head Professor,” she shoots the camera a little wink for flavor, “Well, by trade I’m a veterinarian – but that is a very broad field in and of itself,” she won’t go into the dramatic backstory, “I uhh mostly study a lot of Hoenn;s strange phenomenon. I’ve written a few recently publications on the new pokemon variants from the distortions and primal energy.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 6:52:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Eva's answer intrigued Josh. She seemed to know an awful lot about the Space-Time Distortions plaguing Hoenn in recent months. Perhaps after the interview was over, it would be worth setting up an appointment with her to pick her brain on the subject. He wouldn't be surprised if many of the Pokémon he had caught within Hoenn had originated in such Distortions, given how big some of them were. Especially Mystic. His Ninetales was massive for her kind, and needed to be to wear her saddle well.

"You truly are a regional treasure, Dr. Morales," Jody continued on, looking genuinely impressed with the racing champion's wide array of talents. It was no stage smile. "With people like you studying the large Pokémon that come from the Distortions, your work will inevitably revolutionize the world of Pokémon racing. Such Pokémon have been showing to events in greater numbers, and the community has people like you to thank." The professional let Eva briefly follow-up before moving onto the next question. "With your talent with your Barraskewda and your study of such unusually large Pokémon, have you considered racing full-time? I think you're more than talented enough to turn pro."

{WC: 202}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:23:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Aww shucks,” se smiles shyly and reaches out to gently punch Jody in the shoulder, “Keep talkin’ like that, Jody, and I’m gonna turn cheri red!” her cheeks already had a flush of pink thanks to their kind words.

Before the other could even finish suggesting Eva should race full time, she starts to shake her head, “Naahhhh, I can’t abandon my work! But you will certainly see me out on the race track again,” Eva looks dead into the camera and shoots it a thumbs up, “Silph Cup here I come!! Watch out!”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 4:49:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It came to no surprise; getting to the position of Head Professor was a long journey, and one she would not easily abandon. Josh knew it was a standard question the interviewers asked. They had to get through them to fulfill their contracts with the publications that they were partnered with. That, and pad for spacing.

"Truly passionate for your field of study, I see," Jody replied, tilting her microphone back toward herself. "Hoenn needs more people like you who not only do the work the region needs to be done, but have a drive to do it." She shifted the subject back to the day's past action on the waves. "There were a couple of rough accidents out there this afternoon, and accidents have brought to light a bit of a controversial topic. There are some who say the rules need to be revised to prevent accidents during races. What are your thoughts?"

{WC: 154}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 4:59:25 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Jody continues to dial up the flush in Eva’s cheeks with the kind words. It’s no secret Eva was incredibly passionate about what she does.

Eva listens carefully to the rather long question. Her expression turns thoughtful as she thinks through it. As a doctor and a healer, she should support changes to minimize damage to both pokemon and people. She decides to go with a rather political answer that can’t be held against her in the future. Thank you for the media training!

“That’s a great question, Jody!” she praises with a smile, “It’s certainly heartbreaking when you see a fellow racer and pokemon hurt themselves. There’s always a top-notch medic team at the ready to give them gold standard care. I think it’s best to critically review the safety standards on a regular basis. Any hiccups or trends should be addressed immediately for everyone’s safety. However, going this fast on pokemon is inherently dangerous. Each rider knows the risks, along with their pokemon partner. Obviously, they qualify as well, presenting adequate skill for the course which is also essential to reducing risk.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 9:44:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"What a loaded question that is," Josh muttered to himself. Safety was a big concern, yes, but there was always going to be danger in any competition involving such high speeds. It was a hot topic among Pokémon racers; some advocated for increased safety at the expense of competitive balance; others said the rules were fine the way they were. Josh was on the latter end; if you wanted to race a Pokémon, you had to be willing to accept the risk of a high speed crash. It was just the nature of the beast. Or to him, perhaps it would be the nature of the Beast. Eventually.

The answer Eva gave was extremely neutral, not wanting to pick a side. Josh could tell she had extensive training in interacting with the media. It was training he could use as a Gym Leader. Perhaps he would have to ask Eva to pass that knowledge onto him. "It's a debate that will never end in the community," Jody continued, peering down at the time. "Unfortunately, we're almost out of time, but before we go to a commercial break, I do have one more question for you. Got a message for your TV fans out there?"

{WC: 206}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 18:47:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “As it should be!” Eva confirms with a nod as Jody admits the continued debate on the topic. The topic of safety should never be idle.

The interview had flown by in no time. Eva felt like it had been just the blink of an eye. The last question is unexpected, considering she never really thought she had “fans”. As a League Head Professor, her job title always seemed to take a back seat in the media. Battling and the Elite Four were much more exciting than science.

“Ummm oh gosh this is the hardest question!” she smiles, laughing lightly to buy herself a bit more time to think on it, “I guess I’d say, step outside your comfort zone! Don’t be afraid to try something new. You might be pleasantly surprised,” she shoots the camera a thumbs up for emphasis.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 21:31:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was in agreement with Eva, but others in the community weren't. Some, particularly more tenured racers, felt that there should be a certain level of risk competitors were willing to accept. "She really is something else, isn't she..." Josh mumbled to himself as the interview was wrapping. "I couldn't imagine being in a position like that." If only he knew what the Fates had in store for him.

"I'd love to continue this fascinating discussion, but unfortunately, we are out of time," Jody wrapped the interview up. "It's been a pleasure to speak to you, Dr. Morales, and I wish you luck in the Gold Class if you continue to pursue racing, or whatever your future endeavors are. Back to you, Rod!" And, cut.

{PC: 8}