6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Big Bucks, No Whammies, STOP! [MLG/Battle Arcade]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 17:50:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
earthquakes were the bread-and-butter against a gym that labeled itself gearing towards electric-type. to use it against a challenger was satisfying to say at least, especially when it's called a boss battle.

kyle suppose he has to deliver now.

"gastrodon, earth power! entei!"

there's no instruction for entei. the connection between them is hardly understood by those outside of it, transcending platonic relationships and a general understanding of each other. entei acts as kyle wills it.

the psyshock earns a grunt from the beast, collision within each other forcing smoke to appear from an ensuing explosion. the smell of soot mixes in with the charred cloud as gastrodon acts.

clearing the field results to the gastrodon having a clear view of the ground underneath the sylveon. the floor cracks, and as energy pours forth from below, a roar is heard from the entei.

sacred fire pours out in addition to the move.

blue flames with properties of legends burn the target in a strange fashion: hurting without actually hurting. debilitating pain will be dealt, but no actual injuries will be sustained.

the entei steps out of the smoke, blowing air with its nose to clear the view of his face, returning the stare back to the manectric.

it's only then that kyle notices the challenger greatly affected by the entrance of his pokemon. "oh, shit. uh, i have first aid somewhere around here. do you want to take a pause from this match?"

kyle steps out of his podium, stopping halfway to josh's to check up on him as he waits for an answer.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 22:51:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The PSYSHOCK bounced off Entei as though nothing had struck it. Not unexpected, as the Johto Beast was legendary for a reason. As much as they were known for their intense speed, their fighting prowess and toughness, especially Entei's toughness, were something even strong ordinary Pokémon had absolutely no hope to match. The Beast's very Aura dissolved the PSYSHOCK effortlessly, leaving a cloud that made it difficult for Josh to see.

By the time the smoke had cleared, Pinky was a mess on the floor, having suffered no additional wounds from the Gastrodon's attack. That wasn't much consolation, as she was already in terrible shape from Entei's grand entrance. Entei's primal bellow was all the downed Josh needed to hear. He had to make his stand now. He wasn't winning the battle, but he had to convince himself that he could at least follow the Beast's movement. Without showing that much, there was not a ghost of a chance Raikou would be interested in him. He mustered the strength to at least sit up. "Saber, now! HYPERSONIC PLAS--"

Josh could not muster the strength to hold the Z-Pose normally needed for the fastest and strongest attack his team possessed. It was only through the unparalleled sync and understanding the two had with one another that the Manectric's Z-Power manifested itself in a blistering fast electric tackle that was the source of a sonic boom rocking the studio's arena.

After ramming Entei with the seemingly physics-defying electrified tackle, the blue SACRED FIRE engulfed Saber at close range. He sounded a howl, then a squeak of excruciating pain. It was a cry that was synonymous with death, and one that Josh felt to his very bones. The blue flames likewise penetrated the safety systems as though they weren't there, showering the already bleeding trainer with embers that made him scream as though his blood was boiling from the inside out.

And yet, once the attack ceased and the battle had ended, the pain from the SACRED FIRE was gone. If anything, it was, in a way, a healing flame. He was still bleeding, but the pain from the Great One's signature attack had drawn out the pain the rock-type shrapnel had caused earlier in the battle. He at least managed to get to a sitting position again, the back of his shirt soaking red. "Please..." he moaned. "And..." he weakly pointed at Entei. "That's... why I wanted... to talk to you." It still felt like the failure of the safety system had caused him to come within an inch of his life, but it was clear that despite the flaring and stabbing pain the SACRED FIRE caused, he was in better shape than he would have been with the cuts and scrapes alone.

{WC: 462}
{PC: 8}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Josh           Human           ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Saber          Manectric       KO
Aslan          Pyroar          KO
Janus          Espeon          KO
Pinky          Sylveon         KO
Twilight       Absol           KO
Resheph        Dragonair       KO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 17:32:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he asks himself how his challenger keeps getting hit by moves from the field. an apparent malfunction comes to mind fast, though it doesn't explain why josh just didn't keep his distance for his own safety.

hoenn really does attract the daredevils.

"what are you doing?" he asks as he quickly whistles for one of his smeargle different from the ones offering the boosts earlier. "lunar dance!"

first aid is quickly administered by a smeargle wiggling its tail. the time of day doesn't make the ray of moonlight visible, but effects are instantaneous. the fatique quickly befalls the user while its patient should soon find relief.

he kneels down to his side, with a zeraora carrying a medkit from the side. kyle quickly inspects him for injuries, patching them up when he finds them.

"if things get dangerous, the first thing you should do is try to get safe!" he's not sure if he feels frustration or worry, or a combination of both. this is one thing people of hoenn barely recognize, after all. "if you want to talk," kyle takes the manectric's ball and recalls it before giving it back, "i guess we can talk now."

another heavy sigh follows as he scratches his head.

while the gastrodon remains in the field, the entei licks his wounds before leaping to a corner of the room. a bed and a widescreen monitor hides in plain sight, with a gaming system connected to it. for now, the pokemon uses it as a resting place.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 16:45:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Kyle was showing just the kind of Champion he was: inhumanly strong in more ways than one, being the master of the Beast of Fire, Entei, and putting said powers on display. Yet simultaneously, he was merciful and understanding; the Beast's ability to overcome the Battle Arcade's safety systems was something that Josh simply did not foresee. It wasn't that he wasn't trying to dodge; he felt no need to attempt to dodge due to the very existence of measures intended to keep trainers safe in well-regulated League battles such as this one.

Smeargle's LUNAR DANCE was like a miracle; all of Josh's pain, fatigue, and suffering was transferred to the versatile normal-type. Kyle himself got to work patching up Josh's cuts so they wouldn't easily reopen. "I just wasn't expecting Entei to overwhelm League standard Gym safety was all. I knew they were strong, but being in his presence for the first time was so...overwhelming."

For his first time on the Hoenn Gym circuit, he had suffered a decisive defeat. Yet it wasn't bitter. He had got to see not the Beast of his dreams, but one of his brothers. This, in and of itself, was well worth the price of admission. "Yes, I did want to discuss something with you," he continued, recounting his tale of Cyberchase Hell that gave him a real reason to chase the Johto legendary.

"I've spoken to several others about my desire to do this. To meet, befriend, and ride Raikou as part of keeping Hoenn safe. Not just from Rocket, but from anyone who threatens her. This has never been about picking a side. This has always been about making sure the conflict claims no more innocent lives. I'm sure he and the Great One would understand." Getting Raikou on the side of the League, of course, would be wonderful, as he firmly believed that the League was going about resolving the conflict in the most peaceful way possible.

"I've had conversations with , , and even about how to pursue Raikou." The conversation he had with the Volatile in particular was most valuable. He went on to explain visions he had received almost immediately prior to or after particularly traumatic moments during his stay in Hoenn, and that they were allegedly from the electric-type Beast. "Ultimately, all roads led to you. And now I see why. As the one who fights alongside Entei, there is not a better person in the world for it." He went on to explain how long he had been pursuing Raikou for, and that how it was once selfish but had turned selfless. Josh's motivators had become increasingly selfless the longer he fought in Hoenn's war. Unbeknownst to him, that fealty would only grow stronger in the future...

{WC: 464}
{PC: 9}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Josh           Human           ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Saber          Manectric       KO
Aslan          Pyroar          KO
Janus          Espeon          KO
Pinky          Sylveon         KO
Twilight       Absol           KO
Resheph        Dragonair       KO
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 18:04:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he chuckles nervously.

being put in a spotlight was never the most comfortable position for someone like him. while the revolving door of strong trainers occupying league positions often make his champion title negligible, he cannot do anything with being ho-oh's chosen.

"eh, about that..."

a finger scratches his chin as he starts to think how to preface raikou's status. with how passionate josh was given his explanation, he supposed that a long winded explanation wouldn't be received well in his current situation.

"let's get you rested up first. you might need it, hehe."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 5:05:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MINOR GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: