Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ode to the end
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 23:18:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
99943 METENO hung heavy in the sky above 's Sootopolis home.

When the meteoroid and its inevitable impact was originally announced an hourglass had been upturned. The finality of existence made measurable. Years left... and then months. Days. Now only mere hours.

On what could very well be one of his last days on Earth, found himself in the arms of . Their time had dwindled away until only a few grains of sand remained. ROCKET's plans would commence at dawn, leaving only this final night together for underboss and executive.

If things went horribly wrong tomorrow, the meteoroid would kill them all.

With this grim reminder of their own mortality, the two had tumbled into bed together and hadn't left for the better part of the evening. The sun had fallen below the horizon and an inky darkness began to pervade Mars' bedroom before they eventually fell into a sweaty, winded embrace.

Barnaby rested his head on Mars' broad chest, his raven hair a disheveled mess and his cobalt eyes half-lidded as he looked up at the man beneath him. A moment passed in relative silence, the only sound being the audible inhale and exhale of their conjoined breathing. Even that quieted as time passed.

"...Martín." Barnaby spoke softly, breaking the silence. His expression was hard to read; he was attempting to hide the twinge of realization that had surfaced after the high of their physical intimacy. looked content, worried, and scared all at once.

"This could be the last moment we have together like this."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
ode to the end
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 13:50:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

LOOK TO THE STARS.

[break]
At these final hours, when every passing second seems to lead them closer to doom, it’s the prophecy Azelf had given him over a year ago that looms ominously over him above all else. Could he have done more to prevent this? Could he have stopped it? This can’t really be the end, can it? What if, what if, what if…
[break][break]
”Barnaby.” In the end, no matter how prideful, no matter how strong, and no matter how full of delusions of grandeur, Martín del Mar is a man like any other. He had gained power, yes. He had saved himself and others from imminent peril many times before, yes. None of those things mean he foolishly believes that this too is something from which he can escape.
[break][break]
There’s so much he’s yet to achieve.
[break][break]
So much unfinished business…
[break][break]
Yet, here he is, lying down next to instead of spending every second fighting for his survival. Has he given up? Has he accepted this as his fate? No. It’s something else entirely, he knows this. He’d be disgusted in himself, but he’s not in the mood for even prideful self-loathing.
[break][break]
”...Yeah.” A hand brushes through Barnaby’s soft hair, gently stroking it. He focuses on that feeling. He focuses on the scents of lavender and sandalwood. He closes his eyes, allowing these things to ground him. ”It could be.”
[break][break]
He knows he should tell him it won’t be. That they will fight. That they will survive. That they will conquer this. He knows that it’s what is expected of him, but Barnaby deserves more than the things Mars tries to make himself believe.
[break][break]
What he deserves is honesty, and in a mere whisper, honesty is what he receives:
[break][break]
”...I hope it isn’t.”
[break][break]
Hoping has never suited him.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ode to the end
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 0:13:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I hope it isn't either."

Barnaby felt his body unconsciously tighten. His arms wrapped around a little more snugly; his nails dug lightly, protectively, into his friend's flesh.

...Friend.

More and more it seemed to Barnaby that the title didn't quite suit Mars any longer. As he contemplated the word, it just didn't sit right, like forcing a peg into a triangular hole. He was more, lifted higher in esteem and affection than any other person had acquainted himself with.

"If we make it through this..." Barnaby began, letting his eyelids droop as he allowed the soothing sensation of fingers brushing through his hair to calm his roiling mind.

He didn't continue immediately; a pregnant silence fell again within the dark room as he mustered words to match his heavy thoughts. He wondered about the perils that tomorrow would bring, what sorts of horrors laid in store for them. Even if the meteoroid didn't kill them, would they both still make it out alive? The League was known to have fierce combatants on their side.

What if something happened to and Barnaby was left without him?

What an empty world that would be.

Barnaby's eyes flashed open and he suddenly leaned up in bed, facing the man he had become so entangled with. Enamored with. Enraptured with beyond pure physical intimacy.

"...I have feelings for you."

Something Barnaby never thought he would say to another human being.

"I don't want to leave anything unsaid, in case..." He didn't finish; the implication went without saying.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
ode to the end
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 19:59:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

If they make it through will things change? The end is near and someone like Mars, who has stood at death’s door more times than he can count, who has heard the void whisper his name in his lost love’s voice… he can see it clearly. All the signs are there. Will he make it through? Will he find a way to conquer a threat of even this magnitude? Will Barnaby?
[break][break]
The thought of losing him cuts deep, and when their gazes meet, he understands all too well why that is.
[break][break]
”...I have feelings for you.”

[break]
He had told himself to wait. He had told himself that he couldn’t allow himself to be with someone if this meant putting them at risk. He had swore he’d destroy all of his enemies so history would not repeat itself. He no longer has the time to keep that promise. Tomorrow might be the end and then–…
[break][break]
Without giving it any thought, without any hesitation, in an impulsive act so unlike the ever so thoughtful and methodical Mars, he leans in, and his lips meet those of . An honest kiss; deep, passionate, but above all else, filled with the kind of affection he only has for Barnaby.
[break][break]
”I know.” It’s no more than a whisper, forehead pressed against forehead. His hand rests on Barnaby’s cheek, and in the darkness of his own room, Mars tells himself to take in everything about the man by his side. ”I have feelings for you too.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ode to the end
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 23:23:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I know."

Of course he did. They'd both been edging around the inevitable for far too long. Now, with their feelings laid bare, Barnaby felt unparalleled relief and elation.

Even more so when sealed his confession with a kiss.

reciprocated in kind, leaning into Mars with just as much passion and affection and desperate longing. With every subsequent touch of lips Barnaby could feel the guarded wall around his heart begin to crumble away, brick by brick, until there was nothing left there to defend against this intimate vulnerability.

"I have feelings for you too."

Simple words that brought on such an incredible effect. An upwelling of unfiltered joy filled Barnaby's heart full to near bursting. It was unlike anything else he'd ever experienced before.

An exhilarating light flooding a long-dark place.

"If we make it through this..." Barnaby started again, renewed and emboldened by their mutual declarations. "Be with me. Boyfriend, partner. Whatever you want to call it. Be mine."

They mirrored one another: forehead to forehead, hand on cheek. Cobalt eyes met gorgeous amber.

Smiling into Mars' lips, Barnaby's next whispered words thrummed with sincere emotion:

"And I'll be yours."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
ode to the end
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 2:37:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”I’ll be with you now. Mars corrects, a smile upon his lips. Patient as he may be, they had delayed this for long enough. Why wait? Why make it into some kind of hope for the future? That’s not what they need it to be.
[break][break]
”Be mine and I’ll be yours.”

[break]
That’s it, isn’t it?
[break][break]
Being with someone who matters more than just about anything in the world to him, having someone he can trust by his side, someone who he can rely on and who he knows will be there for him no matter what. It’s what Barnaby is to him, and it’s also what he wants to be for Barnaby.
[break][break]
”You’re mine and I’m yours.” A declaration that comes as a whisper. An answer to Barnaby’s request. One filled with certainty as much as it is filled with confidence. ”And that will still be the case when all this ends, Barnaby.”
[break][break]
When.
[break][break]
It’s not blind hope, it’s not optimism, it is simply Mars knowing that they have to conquer what’s to come – for their own sake, and for each other as well.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ode to the end
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 3:59:24 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
He laughed softly into 's ear. It was a bright, tinkling, unmeasurably happy sound.

"Yes, now. No need to wait, hm?" Barnaby replied warmly, accepting the correction. They didn't have to prolong this more than they already had, Mars was right — together they would face tomorrow and all of its trials not as executive and underboss, but as partners.

"Le cœur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas..."

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of...

"...Take me to Kalos when all this ends, mon trésor." He added gently, in a more wistful, thoughtful tone. It was a goal for the after of all of this. A positive marker that, in this moment, Barnaby needed to focus on to get him through tomorrow's operation. "Let me show you my life before Hoenn."

The future was theirs now. Talk of happy plans and deepened connections was needed motivation to push past the darkness of what was to come.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
ode to the end
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 23:12:33 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.

[break]
It’s true, isn’t it? Mars had told himself this wouldn’t happen again, that feelings like these are a risk, and no one he cares for should ever be put in the same danger he had once put her, yet it had still happened. The feelings are there and the dangers are as well, and as much as he had thought he could wait until he was sure Barnaby would be safe, the world had worked against them. And yet he still has no regrets.
[break][break]
”Kalos, hm?” The place where he had spent the happiest years of his childhood. The place where Barnaby had spent his life. The answer is obvious, for it too is something he had wanted for a long time. So, he takes Barnaby’s hand, a thumb gently tracing circles on its back. ”I’d really like that. There’s things I want to show you too.”
[break][break]
He doesn’t bother with thinking of the specifics: on if this will mean meeting Barnaby’s family or what he will say if they end up stopping by Ambrette Town. There’s no point in thinking about all that just yet. All that matters is this moment.
[break][break]
Perhaps that’s why his next words are whispered to Barnaby’s ear, coming in company with gentle kiss on his cheek:
[break][break]
If I had a flower for every time I've thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. I adore you, mon amoureux.”
[break][break]
Poetry and flowers, memories of how it all begun.
[break][break]
Trésor. Amoureux. His treasure and so much more.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
ode to the end
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 4:01:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Martín..."

Just as he'd done the first time Mars had spoken honeyed words into his ear, Barnaby blushed a pale shade of pink - something that would be difficult to see when only moonlight illuminated the space around them. It wasn't that he was bashful or nervous or even caught off-guard, though.

No, Barnarby was all too aware of Mars' penchant for poetry. It was one of the many things he loved about the sweet man wrapped around him.

Blood had rushed to his face because , for the first time in his twenty-eight years of life, was finally feeling and acknowledging the first sparks of love flaring up in his heart. If one were to look inward, they would see his iced-over soul melting at the flame of immense desire and devotion.

"If I had a flower for every time I've thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.

The heady prose conjured images of warm spring days spent in earthly paradise, walking hand-in-hand through fields of violets, primroses, and asters. A life filled with love and earnest companionship.

Could such a paradise truly be found? In this moment, he felt he'd do anything to make it a reality.

"Lumière de ma vie..."

When Mars leaned over to sweep a gentle kiss across his reddened cheek, Barnaby reciprocated his partner's affection by pulling him in close. His arms weaved around Mars' broad chest and held tightly to him; fingers pressed firmly enough to dimple skin. It was a deep embrace that spoke to the sincerity of his feelings.

"... I adore you, too."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
ode to the end
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 20:52:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

He has carried so much weight. The weight of the responsibilities of both one of Rocket’s underbosses and someone who promised to protect Hoenn, the weight of his own expectations for himself, the weight of his greatest regrets, the weight of insurmountable grief, and above all, the weight of hatred.
[break][break]
There are many heavy burns that fall upon Martín del Mar, especially with their potential end being so near, but tonight of all nights, on this last night before the Meteno meteor reaches the stratosphere, Mars feels light for the first time in a long time.
[break][break]
He feels like he can breathe. He feels at peace.
[break][break]
Will this feeling remain as long as they’re together?
[break][break]
He hopes that will be the case. Mars, who so rarely places his fate in forces beyond his own power, who believes in taking charge of his own destiny, prays. Yes, right here, while holding Barnaby in a tight embrace, a single thought overtakes his heart and mind, a request for every single deity willing to listen:
[break][break]
Don’t let this be the end.

[break]
He’ll never tell Barnaby as much, not even when this prayer of his is answered. When that moment comes, he will be glad, but for now, Mars chooses to push the uneasiness away from his heart, reminding himself that they must do everything in their power to make it through what’s to come. Together. For each other.
[break][break]
And so they will.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ode to the end
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 5:57:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: