1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
Battle Masters [GYM][C/Callan]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 14:27:26 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
SCALD lands, but so does the returned NIGHT SLASH. It was an intelligent move, not everything needed to be avoided, if it let the Pokemon gain an advantage, sometimes the best solution was in fact to allow the natural bulk to deliver a more devastating blow. And that was exactly what was performed by Josh's NIGHT SLASH.

The dark energy cut lands simultaneously with Scald, Absol's improved defenses, and colossally improved attack power critically strikes against Callan's Slowbro.

Even with its natural resistance and tolerance to pain, Charlie winces and is dazed by the blow. So much so, that the Nitro the Gogoat's Horn Leech would overpower the Slowbro, sending it into a full knockout. Charlie is sent flying, landing back onto Callan's side as it struggles to get back up. Charlie is no longer able to fight. Callan thought inwardly, as he clicked his Pokeball and returned the Pokemon back into its ball.

Callan then turned towards Josh, and smiled. "Well done."

Walking over to the Mauville Gym Leader, Callan unfurled a black box from his pocket, opening it to reveal a glistening slate blue badge with gilded edges. "I see in you," Callan began, as he handed the badge over to Josh. "A truly exceptional trainer."

"Don't feel ashamed by the anger you felt towards me." Callan replied, "They are as much a part of you, as who you are on the outside. True there was a little excess to it, but you quickly regained control of yourself, and I thought you battled spectacularly."

Callan paused, at this point, he may as well have also been delivering a monologue to himself. "Normally, I give advice on battling pointers, in this instance, I think it's more appropriate to offer a more introspective approach."

"Before I became a rock star, I was a failing musician. It wasn't until I stopped caring about how others felt and transformed my inner emotions into fuel for my music that I became famous. Those feelings of anger, regret, loneliness, shame, are catalysts for change. Use them, whether it's in battle or in life. And if you fail or become mocked in the process, take those emotions into account and learn from the situation. That is the path to true strength."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 19:22:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
In Josh's eyes, the purpose of today's battle was to gain insight into battling under the effects of TRICK ROOM. Though it took three of Josh's Pokémon to take down the Slowbro that may as well have been Lightningbro in the warped space, Callan had helped him adapt thoroughly and masterfully. The concept of not only Pokémon speed, but raw attack speed, was new to him. No matter how much skill he gained as a Gym Leader, as a racer, and even as a mere trainer, there was always more to learn. There were always new heights to achieve. "Thank you for the experience today. I think it's going to help me become a better and tougher Gym Leader. If anything, I may run into issues with... overcorrecting and making the Gym too difficult. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

As he was about to take off, Josh noticed Callan was presenting him with the slate blue STARK BADGE. He was blown away by the Lilycove Leader calling him an exceptional Trainer. "...It took half my team just to defeat your Slowbro! These are only supposed to be given out for winning official challenges to your Gym. And this is far from official!" He had so quickly forgotten 's words. Gym Leaders were free to award Badges to anyone they saw fit, even if it wasn't pending the result of an official challenge. It should be a rare occasion, yes, but they had the jurisdiction to do so.

The more the standing member of the Elite Four showered Josh in praise, the more his face and eyes began to well up. "You... you really mean that?" He remained silent through Callan's introspective. It caused the Mauville Leader to reflect on his own shortcomings not only in his job, but as a person. The pep talk he had given Josh was far more valuable than the battle experience any region's Elite Four or Champion Rank trainer in the world would be.

Josh had many, many flaws that held him back. Among the worst were a tendency to overreact and overcorrect in an effort to try to please everyone, a tendency to set himself to higher, often unrealistic standards than his peers, and most critical of all, a lack of patience. These were not impossible to overcome. Maddeningly difficult, but not impossible.

It would be a journey that would expand beyond the borders of his career. This would be a life-long journey: a constant battle for self-improvement. "Thank you so much," he said with open arms, embracing the Lilycove Leader in a hug if he allowed it. "It's a lot to take in. But every single word of it is true. It takes a lot to push me over the brink like that. Frankly, I'm impressed you were able to. That type of anger is an inner demon I've been trying to slay for years. You're absolutely right. Rather than simply bottle the demon up, I need to learn to harness its power. I don't think I will truly ever be able to do it. But I can always strive to get closer."

As he was about to leave without the Badge, he turned around and gently grabbed it out of Callan's hand, snapping it into his Badge case. "...I never thought I would say this, but perhaps I was wrong in giving up the Gym Challenge all those months ago. I thought I had crossed that river already. Isn't it funny how the strings of fate pull?" The Gym Leader took a deep breath. "I am confident we will meet each other again. In the Pokémon League."

{WC: 613}
{PC: 9}

NAME            SPECIES          STATUS
Saber           Manectric        Good
Aslan           Pyroar           Good
Bladestorm      Skarmory         Good
Nitro           Gogoat           Good
Twilight        M-Absol          KO
Resheph         Dragonair        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 2:24:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: