he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 16:01:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The sounds of battle were impossible to miss, and Hideo could only do his best to avoid the brunt of it. He was here to try and stop Rocket, but he wasn't exactly working for the League; the longer he could just pass as a civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time, the closer he could get.

Yet the moment his Beheeyem told him there was a threat nearby - and that it was someone familiar - he stopped in his tracks. With Eris helping work against Rocket here, there was only one other Rocket member the boy (and his Beheeyem) were aware of. Even if Eris hadn't told him he'd be here, Hideo could very quickly guess his identity.

"Mr. Ki…" Hideo said, stopping in his tracks as he faced towards the man. Though that was the name he'd been given, Hideo knew the man's true name. His true affiliation.

Chu-e. A member of Rocket.

Yet despite this, Hideo did not want to fight him, even as his Beheeyem stood in front of the boy, ready for battle. "Why? Why are you doing this? How does attacking Littleroot help anyone?!"

POghAbSd
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 2:17:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The people before had been lost in the haze of his mind. They were just two more blocks to stack against his co councious later. couldn't see it but his eyes were wide and wild, somewhere else even as blood dripped in thick rivulets down crystal claws.

Hideo catches his attention. His cheek twitches before he whistles low; the Beeheeyem is registered as a threat. In the PTSD driven state he's in, Chu-e doesn't even realize that Hideo is the one speaking to him.

A Mega Kick slams into the ground between them from above. Dust clouds the air and rocks fragments and shatters. In the middle of the small crater is a Shiny Lopunny. Creams growls in warning at the pokemon and Trainer; she would not go easy on them if they wanted to stand in their way.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 11:36:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo felt his Beheeyem’s hand on his chest, pushing him back slightly - just in time to hear the impact of an attack on the ground. Even if it would have missed even if they didn’t move, the message was clear to the two of them: they were gonna have to fight.

Anxiety ran through the boy: he knew Eris wanted to get Chu-e out of this, yet Hideo didn’t even receive a (vocal) response from the man. And his Beheeyem seemed to insist on him bringing out a second Pokemon - did Chu-e have a second one out as well?

He’d trust his Beheeyem on that one, producing a Pokeball and letting out another Pokemon - his Ribombee. It stayed floating in the air near Hideo, its eyes on Chu-e - it could just barely recognize the man back from that one time they were decorating a Christmas tree, nearly two years ago.

You need to stop! Please! All this is doing is hurting people!” The boy continued his pleading, even as the situation looked impossible to his two Pokemon. His Beheeyem took the initiative, several rocks torn at the ground and tossed towards the Lopunny, the Rock Tomb meant to restrain more than to harm.

Hideo lets out his Ribombee
Hideo continues trying to talk to Chu-E
Beheeyem uses Rock Tomb against Lopunny

MP Count: 70

IC Post x2: 20
Battle Start: 50
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 19:30:08 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
's voice breaks through some mental block. Not fully; just a crack. He groans and rubs his face, trying to drown out the further sounds of battle around them. His worst fear had always been losing himself. Was this not a part of that?

He squeezes his eyes tight and tries to remember this isn't Kanto anymore. To pull the pieces of himself out of the past.

Chu-e is so, so tired.

"Creams..." His tongue is thick in his mouth. Something about that voice is familiar and urges him to not fight. It makes his head pound.

Creams chatters and takes the Rock Tomb as an act of aggression. Even if they were meant more to entomb than hurt, she hurls Double Kicks at the rocks. Her intention is to bash the Beeheeyem with it's own stones.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 19:58:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo realized what his Beheeyem did the moment he heard the rocks hit. “Elga, don’t attack. We gotta talk him down.” It wasn’t often he had to scold his Beheeyem like that, but his Pokemon did have a habit of acting on their own.

His Beheeyem could only brace as the rocks came his way, the Ribombee guiding Hideo away from getting caught in the crossfire. They hurt, but it was better than getting directly hit with an attack.

The Beheeyem stood ready, erecting a Reflective barrier around himself - deliberately not placing it around Hideo or the Ribombee. He was deliberately marking himself as the sole combatant, if the Lopunny wanted to continue their battle, his eyes locked with hers.

Hideo noticed that Chu-E finally spoke. He didn’t know exactly what he meant by “Creams”, but it was a step up from the nothing he was getting moments ago. Yet he also sounded…exhausted? It did sound like Chu-E was fighting before, but how hard was he pushing himself?

That Chu-E quite literally had blood on his hands was a detail the Beheeyem had left out.

I know you’re not a bad person. You can stop this now. We don’t have to fight. You don’t have to fight anymore. Just listen to me, please!

Hideo scolds his Beheeyem for attacking
Beheeyem hit by rocks
Beheeyem uses Reflect on self only
Hideo continues trying to reason with Chu-E

MP Count: 80

IC Post x3: 30
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 22:04:24 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
's voice pushes on the barrier in his mind again. Chu-e feels it weaken. Then, shatter.

He takes a gasp for breath and looks around, panting, trying to remember where he is. The last thing he can remember is the battle starting. Vaguely he can remember people screaming. Death at his fingertips once again.

Chu-e holds himself and shivers as he looks around.

The weight of exhaustion settles over him. He just wants to go lay down and sleep.

"... Hideo?" It's still slurred, like he's coming out of a trance.

A quick snap and Creams lowers her arms. She's still tense and wary, raring for a fight, but the Lopunny listens to her orders.

"I... waugh!" Whatever he might have wanted to say is cut off by the sound of violent vomiting. Pulpy, brackish, dark grey sludge hits the ground. The remains of food undigested by his alien body.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 22:25:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The momentary peace seemed to work: the Lopunny didn't launch any more attacks, and neither did Hideo's Beheeyem.

Hearing his name spoken was enough to get Hideo to let his guard down, even if only slightly. “Yes. I’m Hideo.” He attempted to approach, only to be blocked by his Beheeyem and his Ribombee, neither eager to let their trainer get close to him. “Are you…feeling ok?

He was well aware that Chu-e was sickly before his resurrection, and there was no knowing what death did to his constitution. Could he really handle this much fighting?

From the sound of the vomiting, no, he couldn’t. Concern rose in Hideo’s heart, the urge to rush over entering his mind - though his Pokemon didn’t let him get any closer. Had he known the vomit was a dark grey sludge, he would’ve tried to push past them.

Mr. Ki!” he called out, “Pinky, go and help him out!

The Ribombee took a glance at the Lopunny first - even if her arms were down, she could attack at a moment’s notice. Carefully, he flew ahead, so he’d be right in the middle between Chu-E and Hideo. Once there, his wings buzzed quickly as he spread an Aromatherapy around.

Would it be enough to help Chu-E?

Hideo's Pokemon prevent him from getting closer to Chu-E
Hideo can hear the vomiting
Ribombee uses Aromatherapy to try and help Chu-E

MP Count: 90

IC Post x4: 40
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 23:05:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Creams flinches when and his pokemon come closer. Yet, she only gives a warning growl at the two; she does not attack.
She is a smart pokemon and knows better than to disobey her orders.

The aromatherapy helps. Soon, Chu-e is wiping the vomit off his mouth and onto the back of shaking hands. He blinks as tears fill his eyes; the worst part of this is the emptiness. There will be no relief from these tears. They were just a reaction his body was having and would give him nothing except chapped cheeks.

"I... I don't want to be here." His mind is racing. The alarm of a child being there, of a child he knows, hasn't hit yet.
He's still unbalanced and sideways mentally.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,445 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 23:38:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo wasn’t sure if the Aromatherapy helped, and his Beheeyem wasn’t the best at explaining expressions to him. But at least it didn’t sound like Chu-E was vomiting more, which was good enough.

His Ribombee floated back, content with his efforts, buzzing right in front of Hideo.

It’s…it’s alright.” Chu-E really did sound tired. “I won’t stop you from leaving. Just…Eris. She wants you to-

Yet before he could say any more, the sound of roots erupting from the Theater rang out. ’s Z-move was flying out towards everyone, Hideo and his Pokemon included. His Beheeyem was quick to act, a Psychic enveloping Hideo and his Pokemon, tossing them out of the way of the incoming thorns.

Everyone alright?” Hideo asked, groaning as he sat back up. They’d managed to avoid any harm, yet thick briars now separated Hideo from Chu-E.

Mr. Ki? Are you ok?

Hideo's Pokemon stay close to him
Before Hideo could tell Chu-E about what wants, 's Z-move separates them
Hideo and his Pokemon avoid harm, but are separated from Chu-E

MP Count: 400

IC Post x5: 50
Battle Complete: 100
Battle Result - Tie: 200  (Light damage taken on both sides. Managed to calm down Chu-E, but unable to help him leave area)
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 23:58:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The theater explodes in a shower of vines and thorns. Chu-e lifts his hands to block the damage- his Lopunny hops in front of him to help. It scrapes over his skin and gives him cuts before crystal coats him once again. At least he would be safe after that.

Vines block him and from each other. Secretly, he thinks this may be for the best.

"I'm okay!" Or as okay as he can be right now. He's still shaking. "Go... go find Eris for me, okay? Tell her I'm going home.
Please."
A pitying and pleading request made to the boy. If Hideo was here, there was no doubt that was as well.

His stomach lurches as he calls out Princess. The Gardevoir bristles but quickly relaxes when she realizes it is just Hideo; they had met once, briefly. She glances at Chu-e and nods to Creams before the two of them move to help Chu-e leave.

For now, he and Hideo part.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,995 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Tugging the Mask (MP)
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 0:21:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: