lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 2:33:45 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she's a holy woman, but.. [break][break]

rocket's certainly got their work cut out for them, if this was.. their plan. granted, she doesn't know what they're planning anymore (and she never bothered to question it, and never found it in her to care). it just can't be anything good. [break][break]

so concealed in shadow and fog, she moves light on her feet towards the unfortunate target - someone who looks roughed up already, if not a little bit tired or tuckered out from his previous battle.. but the fact that he's still standing and walking means that capture was unsuccessful, and marisol's not keen on killing anyone. [break][break]

not this day, at least. they're all going to die either way, it seems (she'd rather not be the one with blood on her hands). this in mind, she motions to her gengar. "necrosis, hypnosis." she speaks from the shadows, taking a glance at her battle partner ( ) as he's pre-occupied with his own battle.

[break][break]

> GENGAR goes BOO[break]
> necrosis (GENGAR) is using HYPNOSIS on [break]
> good luck leo :dorime:

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 4:04:54 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
If there was really any way other than this, he would’ve gladly taken it.
He’d have been a fool, though, to think that hope alone was enough to change any simple thing.

And so he pressed forth—swiftly, urgently—through the cemetery grounds, amber hues burning beneath the layers of smoke all the while. Vision was so hard to come by, but whether for better or worse, he had to make it work for him. He had to see some means through it, even if the path forward would undeniably come with its own fare of strife and mishaps.

An unfortunate necessity, truly.

One that he’d long since come to terms with despite the beating of his heart, alongside the pressure that so prominently weighed upon his shoulders— but he knew that allowing it to overtake him would be his downfall. Strength is what he needed, and so strength would be his for however long he could muster it.

He knew the aftermath would taste bitter when the dust settled, but that was an issue for the future, however rapidly approaching it may have been.

”Draco,” he murmured, peering from above the graves and rock, alike. ”His Gallade. Crunch.”

TL;DR:

• draco (garchomp, atk. x2) uses crunch on gallade

// //
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 16:14:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Eyes locked. With this new enemy in sight, readied himself for yet another battle. What he didn't know, however, was that there was another person hiding nearby.

Barnaby's GALLADE was the one who first noticed the HYPNOSIS issued from the shadows, and it was his GALLADE who acted without instruction - on impulse, even. To save his trainer.

The GALLADE TELEPORTed in front of Barnaby, taking the HYPNOSIS head on so that the ROCKET executive wouldn't be rendered unconscious and left at the hands of these League combatants. The effect was immediate; the Blade Pokémon staggered backwards but attempted to stave off sleep without success. He was about to slump to the ground until a gaping, toothy maw rushed toward them.

's GARCHOMP was wickedly fast. Too fast for Barnaby to release another Pokémon in time. Within seconds it's teeth were sunk into the GALLADE's chest, CRUNCHing and gnashing as soon as it made contact. The force of the blow had even sent them tumbling into Barnaby, leaving him supine in the dirt with his GALLADE on top of him. With this proximity Barnaby was able to hear his Pokémon's last shaky, pained breath.

Frothed blood and sticky drool fell from the GARCHOMP's clenched jaws and onto Barnaby's mask and upper torso. The scent in the air was distinctly metallic, intermixed with the earthy smell of wet dirt and hot, fishy breath. As Barnaby stared up at his Pokémon's killer, dark, predatory eyes stared back.

Was this how his life would end? Mauled to death by a GARCHOMP?

He tried to scramble away, to withdraw a Poké Ball from his belt, but the combined dead weight of his GALLADE and the GARCHOMP above him proved too much to do any such thing. Instead, a hidden knife was shimmied from his sleeve and worked into his palm. Barnaby gripped the hilt until his knuckles turned white and then attempted to plunge it into the shark's snout.

If he was going to die here, it wouldn't be without a fight.
• hidden identity (masked)
GALLADE used TELEPORT, putting itself between Barnaby and the HYPNOSIS
GALLADE is fast asleep!
GALLADE is killed by GARCHOMP's CRUNCH
• Barnaby tries to stabby stabby the GARCHOMP

+ 50 MP for participating in a battle
+ 10 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread
+ 200 MP for Pokémon death
TOTAL: 260 MP

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 22:26:27 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

The chaos of a battle overtakes Mount Pyre’s hallowed grounds, hidden by dense fog and the approaching meteorite that looms up above. Within mingling mist and smoke, a pokémon dies, joining the countless souls that rest in the mountain. Within the mingling mist and smoke, a man appears in midair, clad in a mask marked by pointed horns.
[break][break]
Two metres off the ground.
[break][break]
Gravity calls him down, and the face of the Gengar is chosen as his landing spot. A red boot pushes all of his weight onto the pokémon before it has a chance to become incorporeal, and even if it were to at that moment, it doesn’t stop the man from throwing a black pokéball up in the air. It spins and spins and spins, and from it, a dark-winged Braviary is released.
[break][break]

[break]
It all happens in a matter of seconds. From behind his mask, the man locks eyes with the venomous ghost, whistling one short note before disappearing once more.
[break][break]
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1011703533558566924/1036402726059384922/Whistle2.mp3[/player]
[break]
It’s to this note that the bird-of-prey responds, calling forth a gust. The fog is temporarily carried away by strong winds, and within these winds, sharp petals swirl, cutting everything they touch. SPRINGTIDE STORM overtakes the field.
[break][break]
The man clad in red and black reappears close to where a disguised has fought against the Mach Pokémon, gun in hand. The gun is pointed at .
[break][break]
”Two against one is hardly fair.” He says, voice neutral, unrecognisable and distorted. ”Let’s even those odds.”
[break][break]
The Unown-? had long since been called back to his side, and while his attention remains on and out of necessity, questions born of concern overtake his thoughts: Are you alright? Are you hurt? Is any of this blood yours?
[break][break]
He will make them pay.

[break][break]

MASK / DISGUISE

[break] MARS appears midair, kicking GENGAR in the face (probs not any real damage tbh)
[break] HISUI BRAVIARY uses SPRINGTIDE STORM (AoE attack)
[break] MARS points GUN at MARISOL
[break]
[break]TOTAL: 70 MP
[break]
[break]+ 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
[break]+ 10 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread

[attr="class","bot1"]

[attr="class","credit1"]AZUL

[newclass=.ttrbase] --accent: #AC4555; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase] width:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .border1]color: #a6abad; text-align:justify; padding-bottom:20px; background-image: url(https://img.nickpic.host/6RZHpQ.png); background-color:#000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box1] padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box2] background-color:#242424; font: 11px Poppins; text-align:justify; padding:25px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box3] height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 13px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 a] font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 u] color: var(--accent); text-decoration: none; border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 hr] margin-bottom: 10px; border: solid 4px var(--accent); border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 img] border: solid 1px #222;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1] background-color: #242424; text-align: center; padding: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px; height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 .grey1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); height: 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1] margin-top: 5px; background-color: #242424; width: 60px; padding: 5px 0px 5px 0px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 3:35:12 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

there are many ways this could have gone - and death wasn't something she expected to see. [break][break]

at least, not at the hands of her partner; she expects to see it coming from her, with how careless she can be when lives are at stake - but that's the old marisol, isn't it? when the cries of people and pokemon echo down the hallways of an older, run down laboratory where the sun don't shine. she takes a deep breath, watching the bloodied scene unfold, and she knows it's already too late to stop it when the garchomp has rushed towards it with an open jaw, with the speed as it soars. [break][break]

it acts too fast for her to call out a medic pokemon, too fast for her to swap out for her blissey to mitigate the damage that comes from the merciless bite, when the bones crack and the cartilage can be heard; then it finally sinks in when the body is discarded by a surprised garchomp. to their enemy, it looks like a cruel slaughter. to marisol, it looks like a genuine mistake. [break][break]

metal is mixed with earthy mud (it's hard to be unfamiliar with death when you're so well acquainted) and the stench is something that serves to make the woman perk up, and go on higher alert when the glint of silver finds a way to sliver into a man's hand. her immediate reaction is to tug at her pokeball, only for the voice of her gengar to abruptly shatter the silence with a brief "GEH". [break][break]

another man drops from above, not far away from her now, and she could have sworn that she's seen this mask somewhere; though that doesn't matter now, because when she sees it she quickly snags at another pokeball, swapping out the gengar who's fallen to the ground and can't get up with a large, round blissey. "embryo, light screen!" she commands as the blue light fades. it's not enough when the wind is already blowing and the petals are starting to slash at slightly thicker clothing, but a veil of brief yellow coats both her and 's team to mitigate remaining damage. [break][break]

then the figure reappears again, when he petals fade and the fog has cleared out, somewhat. dual-toned eyes glare through disheveled bangs to catch the vision of a gun in hand - something she's so painstakingly familiar with (and had she not treated herself her leg would still tremble from the lead that was only shot once in her leg). her blissey tries to stand in front of her, but she raises a hand to stop her. [break][break]

she wanted to avoid death, but death is still looking for her (and he wants her to pay her due). [break][break]

but where has she seen this one before? [break][break]

she doesn't move seeing the glint of dark metal, though now she's put in an icky position with a weapon pointed at her person. instead, she narrows her eyes to briefly, to quickly bark "be careful." with furrowed brows. then she maintains a glare to an armed . [break][break]

fuck.

[break][break]

> GENGAR went GEH upon being stepped on[break]
> mari's having fecking FLASHBACKS[break]
> swaps GENGAR for BLISSEY to LIGHT SCREEN (and halve SPRINGTIDE STORM)

[break]

[break]

[break]
+10MP for a sneak attack[break]
+10MP for assisting another character and/or pokemon[break]
+50MP for participating in a battle[break]
+10MP per IC post

+10MP per IC post[break]
TOTAL: 100 MP

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 0:05:54 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
Needless to say, swift thinking had been more than imperative within numerous scenarios— and swift thinking would have been a concept he’d have long since achieved if taken within the context of familiarity. To be cunning within the bounds of words had been a long achieved spot of expertise of his; to be a reckoning force beneath the civil boundaries of the world, similarly so.

And yet, he remembered that this, in itself, had been far from civil.

Remembrance in the form of splattered crimson, spilled by the ravenous fervor of none other than his dearly beloved companion. With adrenaline coursing through his veins, the severity of the scene unfolded before him seemed to latch with a lessened intensity (it would be an issue for his future self to berate himself upon, truly)— a blessing endorsed upon him in disguise, made forfeit of an otherwise burning, sinking sense of dread that surely would have definitely inhibited his conscience within those already crucial moments.

...This isn’t a normal battle, he thought to himself, a grimace etching itself upon his face upon noting the Mach Pokemon careen forward with both foe and trainer beneath his weight.

Though swift, it had taken a moment for the sheer gravity of the situation to meld within his mind as the cry of the selfsame drake—guttural, and screeching, and simply bloodcurdling—as the touch of steel to scale pierced his maw.

This could literally be the balance between life and death.

His hand hovered upon his Garchomp’s Pokeball instinctively, yet still a moment too late as a mass of a seemingly mystical energy conjured above the lot of them, a momentary sense of confusion sparking within his gaze before igniting further within a sense of realization as another, repeated cry met his ears within the surge.

He glanced quickly towards his Pokemon once more, thrashing amidst both gales and blade, alike, before finally finding the awareness to press upon the button of the dual hued capsule upon his person, though not without the selfsame beast it belonged to staggering and barely beginning to fall before being properly recalled.

...Get your shit together, Stone.

As the dragon’s essence fully returned to his capsule (he hadn’t been sure of whether the beast had lived or not, and frankly, the thought had been one he would dread to revisit once the dust had settled), the Stone clasped a hand upon it within an instinctive, protective manner, all while a rapidly sinking feeling descended upon his soul for just a while longer before his attention shifted towards the newcomer. He inhaled deeply and quickly, brushing aside a moment’s hesitance—a moment’s fear—aside as he released the Soloist Pokemon from within his charge.

”...Loud and clear,” he responded with an uncharacteristic flatness to his deep chested tone. With another, softer breath, he peered towards the man upon the ground before looking towards his would-be savior once more.

A moment to steel himself.
Another moment to whistle towards the newcomer’s way, prompting the Primarina by his side to whistle her own Sing towards the second Rocket and his avian companion.

TL;DR:

• draco (garchomp, recalled) uses gets shanked and ko'd by springtide storm
  • berenice (primarina) is sent out and uses sing on martin

+50 mp (battle participation)
+10 mp (killed barnaby's gallade)
+10 mp (ic post)

+50 mp (knockout on leo's garchomp)
+10 mp (assisting marisol via sing)
+10 mp (ic post)
CURRENT MP TOTAL: 140 mp

// //

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 22:20:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

He could feel it growing inside the pit of his stomach. Clawing its way upward until it laid heavy in his chest, cutting off the air he might have used to scream in the face of such massive teeth.

Fear. The anxiety of impending death.

Barnaby would ignore it for as long as he could.

Cold steel made contact with flesh. Blood immediately welled around the hilt of the knife and dripped downward, onto his deceased GALLADE's chest. Feeling the give of his blade within the GARCHOMP's snout, Barnaby was about to swing for a second hit before a sharp whistle broke him from his frenzied attack. A wave of familiar petals followed moments later, as did the relief of a weight taken off of him. The GARCHOMP had been recalled.

Barnaby wasted no time; his GALLADE was immediately pushed aside and left in the dirt as he sprung to his feet. A sweeping glance around the field showed him several things: two League combatants stood before him, now with a PRIMARINA and a BLISSEY, an all-too recognizable BRAVIARY hovered in the air above them... and was there, too.

He'd saved him.

As much as Barnaby wanted to express his thanks in that moment, there would be time for that later. The battle wasn't over yet, as evidenced by the SING that had just left the PRIMARINA's lips - this time aimed at Mars himself. Within seconds Barnaby's hand was on his belt and releasing another of his Pokémon. As the Luxury Ball snapped open, he shouted his command,

"Protect!"
• barnaby's feeling hella grateful for being saved ♡
STARMIE used PROTECT to block SING

+ 10 MP for assisting another character/Pokémon
TOTAL: 280 MP

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 0:24:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

When it comes to pokémon battles, lack of knowledge about a species, their typing, and their moves can spell doom, and that much is particularly true when speaking of battles where the only rule is that anything goes. As fate would have it, water pokémon are one of ’s specialties, and out of all water pokémon, Primarina is one of his favourite species.
[break][break]
Their opponents would not know this, but the moment the pokémon appears, he knows what might be coming and thus he prepares for it. The pistol is held in his right hand, still pointed directly at . His left hand is raised, and circling up above, the Braviary watches from behind a mask of azure flames.
[break][break]
Just as he’s about to close his hand into a fist to seal the command, ’s Starmie raises a PROTECTIVE barrier between him and the Primarina’s SINGING. He gives him a nod, appreciative.
[break][break]
And just like that, strategies change quickly.
[break][break]
His hand lowers, returning the Braviary and then hovering over two of the black pokéballs clipped to his belt for a single second. Two different options. Two approaches he could take. A choice is made.
[break][break]

[break][break]
With a flash of light, a silent Urshifu appears, huge and mighty. It stares down at , , and its pokémon alike, and all over its black and white fur there’s the crimson marks of blood. It’s not its own blood.
[break][break]
They make quite the pair: a man clad in black and red, with a black and white pokémon that has been marked by its own bloodshed.
[break][break]
No words are spoken. The only sound there is is one single click.
[break][break]
The Wushu Pokémon responds to it, swinging for the Blissey with a DYNAMIC PUNCH filled with all the force it can possibly muster. It breaks right through the LIGHT SCREEN.

[break][break]

MASK / DISGUISE

[break] PROTECTED from SING by STARMIE
[break] BRAVIARY is returned
[break] URSHIFU is released
[break] URSHIFU uses DYNAMIC PUNCH on BLISSEY (Physical Move | Causes CONFUSION)
[break] GUN still pointed at MARISOL hehe
[break]
[break]TOTAL: 100 MP
[break]
[break]+ 10 MP for knocking out another character's Pokémon
[break]+ 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon

[attr="class","bot1"]

[newclass=.ttrbase .border1]color: #a6abad; text-align:justify; padding-bottom:20px; background-image: url(https://img.nickpic.host/6RZHpQ.png); background-color:#000;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box2] background-color:#242424; font: 11px Poppins; text-align:justify; padding:25px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 13px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 u] color: var(--accent); text-decoration: none; border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .box3 hr] margin-bottom: 10px; border: solid 4px var(--accent); border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1] background-color: #242424; text-align: center; padding: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px; height: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .bot1 .grey1 img] padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); height: 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1] margin-top: 5px; background-color: #242424; width: 60px; padding: 5px 0px 5px 0px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ttrbase .credit1 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: Roboto; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 2:30:56 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she can't help but wonder:[break][break]

he sounds familiar, doesn't he? although maybe she's deluding herself with the sound of a muffled voice. so she maintains a steady and cautious glare towards the man who points a gun at her, with slight annoyance that the man who was rescued take advantage of the scene so conveniently taking place. she sighs; mari didn't want any violence - she just wanted to take someone in during this mission. she's long since moved on from killing those she captures, although maybe rocket hasn't realize that yet. [break][break]

you can't resesarch when every researcher has been killed in this god forsaken region. [break][break]

and though it's godforsaken, it's still the region she lives in, and the region she tends to come back to, for better or for worse. really, she'd like to just set up a small little clinic on the side to live and tend for, maybe spend her entire life working in a local clinic, peacefully. without all of these faction fights and power striving. we can't have that if the region is gone for good. [break][break]

"embryo" so she starts, watching as the large, panda-esque pokemon starts to charge up, claws planted in the ground. she doesns't need to command it, and the egg quickly moves away from the punch that's so fixated on her. it's not difficult to dodge, thankfully. [break][break]

it doesn't look like the pokemon is intent on attacking her, though, which is a good thing. [break][break]

now her attention is on the man in red.. or his mask. where has she seen this mask before? it's starting to irritate her, until the familiar image clicks, and her glare grows cold. [break][break]

ah, yes. that one. they ran into that one. [break][break]

"careful with that one." she says, though she can deal with herself. it's times like these where she wishes she had a pokemon with protect, but she doesn't doubt that the enemy has some sort of counter for that, too. as usual, she'd like to focus on the support; she'll be alright. probably.[break][break]

.. she'd like to do more, though.[break][break]

"sweet kiss." she quietly commands the pokemon, who blows out a sweet, pink heart from her lips, and sends it in the direction of the URSHIFU. the less pokemon and people they have to deal with, the better.

[break][break]

> MARI recognizes , kind of, but now she's hella on guard with the gun still pointed at her.
> BLISSEY avoids DYNAMIC PUNCH[break]
> BLISSEY uses SWEET KISS on URSHIFU

[break]

[break]

[break]
+20MP per IC post (2 posts)[break]

+10MP per IC post[break]
TOTAL: 120 MP

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 4:11:53 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
Careful with both of them, more like it…

Because truly, any individual on the other side had more than ample reason to be of wary note— although it would have been a blatant lie to say that he hadn’t kept the specified warning slotted within the back of his mind upon hearing it. All things considered, there were still many matters concerning the person accompanying him that he hadn’t quite uncovered, though by that point in time, he knew the basics of who she was, and where she’d come from.

Between the look upon her face, as well as the heads up, he’d figured it safe to assume that he was familiar to her. There had been nothing more to do than to trust her on her call.

And so he inhaled deeply, a wordless response in the form of a simple, firm nod being the only notion given from him all the while. Before long, his hand found purchase upon the capsules upon his belt once more, spinning one upon its dock in a hastened, absentminded thought as he briefly eyed the remaining man on the field.

It’s probably worth nothing, but I really am sorry.

His eyes shifted towards the remaining crimson-clad man, as well as his fellow civilian colleague, for just a moment’s worth of further thought before finding themselves upon the selfsame Rocket he’d initially spotted. With a final spin of the same Pokeball within his hand, he pressed his palm against it and its button, promptly releasing a familiar, golden furred primate as he recalled the Soloist Pokemon as quickly as he’d sent her out.

He’d only barely spared enough time to meet eyes with the Electivire manifested by his side before nodding between their two assailants, emitting a louder, high pitched whistle that seemingly prompted the beast to spring forth, doing his best to weave through before unleashing a Discharge.

TL;DR:

• berenice (primarina) is recalled
  • errai (electivire) is sent out
  • errai (electivire) attempts to center between barnaby and mars and their pokemon before using discharge (aoe)

+10 mp (ic post)
+10 mp (ic post)

+10 mp (ic post)
+10 mp (assisting)
CURRENT MP TOTAL: 160 mp

// //

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 1:26:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

Triumphant in their assist, Evangeline turned to the new Pokémon released by and waved their periwinkle arms in angry resolve. ELECTIVIRE was not exactly an optimal match-up, though, and before Barnaby could issue his commands the electric-type was already unleashing a DISCHARGE of energy onto the field.

The STARMIE withstood the attack without fainting, but was obviously greatly injured in the aftermath. They staggered backward and their arms began to fall limp. Silently, Barnaby recalled his Pokémon and reached for an odd-looking Poké Ball on his belt. It looked similar to a Cherish Ball, but with a distinctly dark coloration.

SHADOW STEELIX appeared seconds later.

He was a gargantuan, hulking beast, standing forty feet tall from the ground to the base of his bulbous head. Unlike most representatives of the species, this particular STEELIX was darkly crystalline in structure with only glimpses of the usual steel alloy patchworked along his body. Most noticeably, however, were the quartz-like protrusions jutting out from all angles; even within the hazy fog they glinted beautifully, yet there seemed to be a shadowy, ominous power emanating from their cores...

Predatory eyes surveyed the battle. The STEELIX immediately honed in the ELECTIVIRE in front of him and acted with a startling speed, not bothering to wait on his trainer's orders. His heavy tail slammed into the ground... moments later the EARTH surrounding ' Pokémon erupted with POWER.
STARMIE was hit by DISCHARGE
SHADOW STEELIX is sent out
SHADOW STEELIX used EARTH POWER on ELECTIVIRE

TOTAL: 290 MP

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 2:08:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ttrbase"]
[attr="class","border1"]

[attr="class","box1"]
[attr="class","box2"]
[attr="class","box3"]

"Careful with that one."

[break]
It does not ring to him as simple recognition of a threat, not with how familiar is to him. If she knows who they’re dealing with, then that either makes her someone who he has faced in battle before or someone who has been affiliated with Team Rocket. Her combat style leads him to suspect the latter. A traitor, then.
[break][break]
Even worse than any simple League officer.
[break][break]
Even worse than a businessman trying to play hero.
[break][break]
He has half the mind to pull the trigger there and then, so when the command to use SWEET KISS is given, a decision is easily made. The Urshifu becomes confused by way of fay charms, yet even though it often would be, this is of no concern to its trainer.
[break][break]
At his wrist, a keystone shines, resonating with the mega stone worn by the Wushu Pokémon. Infinity energy sparks wildly, and in its light, there’s a metamorphosis. With a resounding roar, the Urshifu changes, MEGA EVOLVING.
[break][break]

[break]
CONFUSION fades at that very instant, as would all status ailments, and it’s the increase in its defences allows it to withstand the all-too-effective DISCHARGE. His nose wrinkles in annoyance at the painful electricity produced by ’s Electivire, but he stands tall. Much taller than before. Quite the sight, when paired with ’s Shadow Steelix.
[break][break]
The masked man does no more than click his tongue. The ursine response to the command with a swiftness fitting of the Rapid Strike title it has been given.
[break][break]
In the blink of an eye, water gathers at its fist, and a G-MAX RAPID FLOW attack born of its SURGING STRIKES is aimed for the Blissey – powerful and too quick to be dodged.

G-Max Rapid Flow hits the target for full damage even if it is protected by a protection move, including Max Guard. Its power and whether it is a special or physical move depends on the move it is based on.

He had come here to help , but he has never been one to leave battles unfinished.

[break][break]

MASK / DISGUISE

[break] URSHIFU is hit by SWEET KISS (becomes CONFUSED)
[break] URSHIFU MEGA EVOLVES (CONFUSION FADES)
[break] URSHIFU is hit by DISCHARGE
[break] URSHIFU uses G-MAX RAPID FLOW (PHYSICAL) on BLISSEY
[break]
[break]MERITS EARNED: 120 MP
[break]
[break]+ 10 MP for knocking out another character's Pokémon

[attr="class","bot1"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 4:57:28 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the urshifu changes, and doesn't it just act as confirmation? [break][break]

it's all the confirmation that she needs, now she'd rather not deal with someone she used to know (someone who was sick, head so filled with power, someone whose ambition can sometimes overshadow what he intends to bite off). the urshifu's appearance changes, and there's a cringe in her continuous glare. "brace yourself, emmy." she softly commands the blissey. it's not in hopes it can withstand it; it's in hopes it will survive. [break][break]

the egg pokemon stands her ground that time, although the swift dash from the urshifu now hits the blissey, who lets out a higher, pained squeal as she flies into the air and plops onto the ground with her round body. when marisol takes a closer look, she isn't dead, and that's enough to have marisol let out a soft sigh of relief when she pulls out her pokeball to quickly recall her. [break][break]

she's keeping a sharp eye out - she isn't one to move carelessly when there's a firearm aimed at her - and when she sees an opening, her hand hovers over the pokeball and she gives the command. "on all of them." now she speaks, with a cold glare at the overbearing steelix and urshifu. they're towering, and scary, and their massive sizes can make anyone shake in their boots;[break][break]

but what she's had to face in rocket, was scarier than any pokemon. [break][break]

in the midst of darkness and fog, a whistle comes from the blue glow of the pokeball. a sylveon pops out, with a smile on her lips all the same as ribbons flutter in the air. marisol doesn't like attacking, and would sooner assist and heal at the businessman's side. she's a healer, but..[break][break]

"light of ruin." she commands, she doesn't care if it hits the trainers, either. it likely won't kill them, anyways. the intention was to take them in quietly, for questioning - but if her suspicions are correct, then maybe knocking them out would be a better idea. [break][break]

with the order, the pokemon begins to use it - until there's the glow of a bright, pink radiance from a gemstone on the sylveon. the light is transformed from a magenta, and an eerie light extends from the sylveon instead. the zone and battlefield becomes something of a bright cosmo, with the sylveon standing on solid ground and, with a cute cry and grin on its face (she's toying with them, and she enjoys it - much more than her trainer is), its ribbons extend and commands countless stars from its space to attack at the mega evolved bear; the stars are magenta in colour, scaling with the power of LIGHT OF RUIN it took the place of.

[break][break]

> BLISSEY is knocked out :dorime:[break]
> SYLVEON is called out[break]
> SYLVEON uses TWINKLE TACKLE (from LIGHT OF RUIN) on URSHIFU[break]
> used z-crystal from the clamperl dive :dorime:

[break]

[break]

[break]
+30MP for assisting another character and/or pokemon (3 times)[break]
+50MP for knockout on BLISSEY[break]
+40MP per IC post (4 posts)[break]

TOTAL: 180 MP

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 6:49:06 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
Despite everything occurring, and despite how matters had unfolded rather stressfully and unfavorably, there was some minor solace that instilled itself within him as one of the masked individuals turned his attention onto him. Taking a deep, yet swift breath, the Stone kept his own upon his would-be assailant, only sparing a moment to eye the Starmie before it had been recalled.

There goes their Protect, as far as we know. Good…

He eyed the hulking beast that replaced the former dual type that stood before them in all of its eerie, almost spectral glory upon manifesting before them— a familiar Pokemon at the very least, despite its oddly altered appearance. Within an absentminded manner, he spun the selfsame Pokeball that released his most recent companion onto the field, narrowing his eyes in thought regarding the types in question.

As the serpent lunged deftly through the dirt, however, he found himself outsped yet again in more ways than one.

The Earth Power struck with such a ferocious degree of power before neither Pokemon nor trainer could so much as properly respond, leaving the former at the mercy of the attack. Though he’d instinctively lunged back in an attempt to move away, the Electivire had still taken the brunt of the damage, and from what his trainer could note, it had absolutely been a decent blow— one that rendered him lacking of strength, in spite of the fact that he still stood as fiercely as he could muster.

His hand moved along the capsules upon his person once more, pressing a button to initiate the recollection of the creature on the field before releasing another one back out, once again leaving the Soloist Pokemon stood in place of her predecessor. With only a moment taken to hear the sharply irritated whistle emitted by her trainer—its tone gradual to begin with, only to almost spike upward to a peak soon after its lull—she took the noise in itself as a seemingly familiar prompt, unleashing a Hydro Pump towards the abnormal specimen before them.

TL;DR:

• errai (electivire, recalled) is hit by earth power
  • berenice (primarina) is sent back out
  • berenice (primarina) uses hydro pump on shadow steelix

+10 mp (ic post)
+10 mp (ic post)
+10 mp (ic post)
+10 mp (assisting)

+10 mp (ic post)
+10 mp (assisting)
CURRENT MP TOTAL: 180 mp

// //

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
[MP] Into the Knight
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 18:32:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

In the time between his STEELIX’s attack and ’s counter, Barnaby shot a glance toward and assessed the status of her battle with . Mars had released his URSHIFU and even Mega Evolved the already incredibly powerful Pokemon. He had no trouble dispatching the woman’s BLISSEY - the true trouble came when she called upon her SYLVEON.

Reflexively, Barnable shifted closer to where Mars stood, his mind racing to think of ways to help. In the end, the best strategy still seemed to be holding back Leonidas’ Pokemon and allowing the ROCKET underboss to continue doing what he did best.

Meanwhile, ELECTIVIRE was swiftly dealt with and PRIMARINA returned to the field. The switch didn’t faze Barnaby’s STEELIX; if anything, he relished the opportunity to decimate another opponent. Dark, perceptive eyes saw the PRIMARINA about to jettison a HYDRO PUMP his way and in response the crystalline serpent unhinged its jaws. Steel blue energy in the form of a FLASH CANNON gathered there between his pegged teeth and was then immediately shot forward - colliding roughly with the HYDRO PUMP.

The two powerful beams pushed against one another, ebbing and flowing, but neither prevailed. It was a stalemate. After a few tense moments the attacks waned in strength until they were completely spent.

Nearby, SYLVEON began gathering energy to unleash it’s Z-Move…
SHADOW STEELIX used FLASH CANNON

TOTAL: 300 MP