1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 7:48:12 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
A week after the events of Meteno 99943, and Hoenn was once again besieged by localized dangers. Instead of Crystablooms, raid dens or portals alternative timelines however, which were localized and temporary, now they were dealing withoutbreaks of Pokemon slipping into the local Hoenn wildlife, potentially endangering local species.

As rangers, it was part of their job to perform routine inspections. And today Callan was joining ranger captain Morales for check-ups around Route 111, which had an outbreak of new fire type Pokemon. "How long have you been a Ranger for, Ollie?"

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 23:23:28 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hmm?"

[break][break] ollie turns, pulling out smore-flavored a protein bar, when he hears the gym leader's question. "oh, like, super long. did you know that me and head ranger trained together?"

[break][break] he peels the wrapper, biting off a piece and chewing, just as he watches his stantler sniff around at their surroundings.

[break][break] "what about you, cal? — it's okay i call you that, right?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
fire/rock [break]

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 6:44:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NUMEL APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SIMPLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNITUDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NACLI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PURIFYING SALT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK SLIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STEALTH ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RECOVER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 15:10:39 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I didn't," Callan replied, somewhat surprised. "Was he the same kind of person back then as he is now?" A chuckle escaped his lips, people close to the Head Ranger perhaps knew of the man's proclivity for curse words and emotional outbursts. It was hard to imagine the man being younger than he was, despite the fact that technically, they were the same age.

"Oh! There's a new one." Callan pointed, towards the shifting block of what seemed to be pure white sand. Crouching into thick grass, Callan positioned himself behind the Nacli's waddling movements, as his ball flung out at mach speed to strike it in the back and capture it.

Whatever the outcome, he reuturned to the conversation at hand. "What drove you to becoming a Ranger?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 22:56:24 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yes," ollie says with emphasis, before letting out a laugh. lots of people - including - were intimidated by their head ranger, but ollie had a hard time seeing as anything but that young cadet smothered with mud.

[break][break] his togekiss flies past him, a powerful ANCIENT ROCK cascading upon a poor wild numel just as points out a new pokemon. "woah, what's that?" it's certainly not something he'd ever seen before.

[break][break] he blinks. "oh — ya know. i'd just graduated college and my girlfriend then suggested it." well, and him hadn't been dating then, but he'd wanted to impress her. "plus, i've always loved pokemon! and traveling! you know, it just kinda fit. what about you? gym trainer, elite four and ranger — that's quite the stack, bro."

[break][break]

fire/rock [break]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 0:59:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BONSLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COUNTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LUNATONE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MOONBLAST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE NACLI!

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 15:26:59 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I've no clue!" Calllan replied as the ball successfully seals the rocky beast. Callan opens the Pokedex application, and to no surprise, there were no entries to be updated as of yet. He suspected there was a lot to be researched by the League in the coming days. "I'll definitely take my new friend for a view checkups."

"Oh, that makes sense." Callan chuckled, "I think I had similar reasons. After a previously failed music career, I had no clue what to do with my life, but I knew the Rangers paid well." And by fortune he had managed to met in the oddest of missions.

"Oh, myself?" Callan paused, "Yeah it does get busy at times, but I have a team behind me supporting all my work nowadays so a lot of the load from business deals to negotiations is run by them now." As they continued to walk, a nearby Bonsly decided to approach the two with naive curiosity, whereas behind it, a Lunatone's red eye gazed, rotating silently, suspending by air.

"It helps to have a lot of work, otherwise I am just--" Me. "Well, I suppose I enjoy the thrill of seeing what I can achieve. I wouldn't say it's necessarily hard for me, but I imagine most people would not wish to devote themselves entirely to their external achievements."

The rock star would pause to check if Ollie would decide on the capture of either Pokemon, but afterwards continues, "What do you think of the rangers currently Ollie?" He was there in the meeting, after all, and had been a longer serving member that Callan. He had anticipated that not all meetings were going to be as chaotic as the last one.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 1:07:27 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

ollie peers curiously over 's shoulder at the pokedex entry. "huh, nacli," he says, repeating the new pokemon's name. "cool!"

[break][break] "maybe you could pay sis a visit. she'd probably know more."

[break][break] after all, was the smart one. plus, she'd been doing all those test with pokemon variants anyways.

[break][break] meanwhile the elite four's answer makes him laugh. "that's so political. take some credit!"

[break][break] still, he could relate a little bit to the other. ollie didn't think he would've been anywhere, without the people who'd supported him along the way. if not for , , and others, he definitely would be a different person.

[break][break] he watches as his togekiss blows a SWEET KISS than a FAIRY WIND at the wild bonsly, making it perfect for capture.

[break][break] "the rangers?"

[break][break] he blinks and then seems confused.

[break][break] "they're great — why?" a pause, before something lights up his face. "oh... you mean, like, in comparison to the ones in kalos?"

fire/rock [break]

catching bonsly!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 8:37:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TURTONATOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INCINERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHELL TRAP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARMALDO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE BONSLY!
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 3:54:47 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"I may, hope she's doing well by the way." Callan replied, was probably a little busy at the moment with figuring out a means to close the rifts and if reports were true, getting a handle on her Avatar powers.

"I'm normally like this..." Callan scratched the back of his head, perhaps too much time in the limelight changed the way he spoke. Regardless, at this point it was by reflex and not by choice how he responded to Ollie. "It's true though, Everything just comes down to a series of coincidences that make you able to display yourself to the world." He replied. "I don't doubt luck's been a big part of where I'm at, even if there's a lot of me that feels justified in my own personal abilities."

Callan watches as an unusual Armaldo slides into view. "A fossil Pokemon?" He flings a Pokeball towards it in an attempt to capture, before returning to the conversation at hand.

"Kalos? You've rangered there before as well?" Callan asked. "But, no... I just meant-- well, the last meeting was shit. I was just wondering if they were all like that, or if I just happened to join the most unfortunate of them all."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 5:40:27 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"she's doing great!" part of ollie still couldn't believe that his baby sister had been blessed with such a powerful beast, but then again, it wasn't his story to tell. "i'm sure she'd love it if you visited."

[break][break] callan's response after is so serious that ollie can't help but laugh, but he says nothing else, sensing that it'll probably take a while for the other to loosen up around him. if it was possible, even.

[break][break] "oh yeah! i was in kalos for three years before coming back to hoenn."

[break][break] the turtonator that wanders into sight looks so spiky that he doesn't feel like catching it.

[break][break] "oh, yeah... that meeting." ollie chuckles a little bit awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. would've probably said something candid like - fucking hell, it was a shitshow. would've said something kind and well-meaning like, 'well, it wasn't that bad!' but ollie, who had been part of setting up the whole thing, did feel a little bit responsible.

[break][break] "honestly, i don't know. last time i was at a meeting it definitely wasn't like that — but that was also my first meeting as a ranger captain, so maybe it's different."

[break][break] he folds his arms together.

[break][break] "i can't really blame them," he says after a moment, looking starkingly sober despite his personality. "the end of the world? who would have believed it?"

[break][break] he certainly hadn't.

[break][break] he twists his head to look at callan, this time flashing a much more characteristic smirk.

[break][break] "personally, i blame the person who made the pies. they were way too delicious."

[break][break]
fire/rock [break]

skipping

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 4:28:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SCORBUNNY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME CHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIZZLIPEDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WHITE SMOKE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 14:06:56 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan snorted as he heard his reply. "Now who's the political one, Morales?" He grinned. "Anyone ever tell you you're too painfully free of personality flaws?" A flicker of envy rolled into his spine. There was something that told him this man was just born with the ability to believe in himself.

The Elite Four paused as Ollie gave his full answer, nodding in agreement after a moment of processing. "The Rangers saved my life in more ways than one." Callan's voice was somewhat muted in disappointment, like the sensation of drinking tepid water. "I spent most of my time rangering with Lars, so part of my expectation was to meet similar people to him." Callan's lips pursed, before his eyesight was distracted by the sight of large feet. A Scorbunny zoomed past as they walked.

But the ranger meeting aside, he found the unbound optimism of Ollie more interesting a subject. "Mind if I ask you a question out of left field?" Callan began, "When was the last time you were angry or upset at another person?" Snowflakes began to fall, combining with the nearby ash.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 17:27:14 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"me?" he grins right back. "never."

[break][break] clearly, had never met .

[break][break] "saving you? what from?"

[break][break] before ollie can pursue that line of questioning further, ollie bursts out into laughter.

[break][break] "lars? really?" it's a hilarious thought, the fact that every ranger could be as sour-faced and grumpy as their head ranger. in fact, in many ways, ollie was opposite. where the other had always been brooding and silent, ollie was loud-mouthed and honest. well, he supposed, lars could be loud sometimes too when he wanted to be.

[break][break] a scorbunny races onto the path and ollie can't help himself. he releases nugget who jumps forward into a WILD CHARGE and crashes into the fire rabbit. a pokeball is thrown therafter.

[break][break] "nah. could you imagine? there would be a dark cloud over the HQ for days."

[break][break] he blinks, turning towards . "hm?"

[break][break] angry?

[break][break] "just last week, eva and i got into an argument cause she thought i stole her sandwich from her fridge."

[break][break] which — technically — he had, but it hadn't been labeled .

[break][break] he chuckles.

[break][break] "but actually — it really was her. i was really mad when i found out she was here on hoenn."

[break][break] alive. bitterness rises in his throat at the memory.

[break][break] jade eyes slide over to callan.

[break][break] "we thought she was dead."

fire/rock [break]

catching scorbunny

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
firewatch | dw
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 0:40:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VULPIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXTRASENSORY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD QUAGSIRE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNAWARE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE SCORBUNNY!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights