TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:17:04 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Hooray! The world didn’t end! Somebody grab the champagne!
[break][break]
It’s been a long time since Martín del Mar stopped being a man for celebrations; long gone are his days of finding any reason to organise and host the most extravagant of parties. He doesn’t have time for such frivolous things.
[break][break]
Today, however, is an expectation to the strict self-imposed rules that govern Mars’ life. Today, as the underboss makes his way through the familiar corridors of the submarine’s north wing, he does so with a bottle of champagne and two flute glasses in hand. It’s a short walk from his office to the one that had belonged to him once, and it’s twice that he knocks on the door before opening it as if it still were his own.
[break][break]
”Nice office, isn’t it?” A smirk is offered to the man within, for Mars knows well it’s far from the first time he has been to such a room, even if it always was for Rocket business and nothing more. It’s smaller than the office that came with his promotion, but there are certain things he misses about it.
[break][break]
”How are you liking it? Figured a toast is in order, hm?” It’s then that the glasses and bottle are raised, and that smirk of his lingers when eyes of gold meet those cobalt ones he knows even better than what he knows this office.
[break][break]
Clearly, Mars is not here to celebrate their survival. He’s here to celebrate ’s promotion to admin.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 1:23:00 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It had all been such a whirlwind.

Barnaby was still processing everything that had happened on Mt. Pyre. Father Winter, PALKIA, the rifts opening... but for now, today, he forced himself to focus on the task in front of him: organizing his new office.

The space was quaint in comparison to the underbosses' quarters, but still an incredible step up from the ROCKET dorms. Barnaby didn't really keep many personal effects on the submarine, so there were only a few boxes on his desk. The rest of the space - a couch on one wall, two chairs in front of his desk, the small coffee bar near the door - was empty and arranged how Barnaby preferred it.

He was taking supplies out of a box when he heard his office door creak open. Turning, a wide grin overtook the new admin's face upon seeing 's head pop through the threshold.

"Martín! You didn't!" After everything that had happened, celebrating was the last thing on Barnaby's mind. Leave it to Mars to think of him even during the busiest of times. "You're so thoughtful, mon trésor."

Barnaby crossed the room and immediately began sidling up to his lover. His partner. Arceus, that thrill was still fresh. They had survived! And now they could finally begin their relationship on solid footing.

Seeing his chance and taking advantage of Mars' occupied hands, Barnaby wrapped his arms around the underboss' waist, pulling him in close.

"I had to tidy up a few things after the last occupant vacated, but nothing too bad..." He whispered in a teasing tone before leaning in for a kiss. It was supposed to be a gentle, doting gesture, but somehow the kiss turned a little deeper than expected.

When he finally pulled away, Barnaby added in a more sincere tone, "Thank you. It was sweet of you to come."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 20:53:11 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Of course I did.” How could he not? They had survived apocalyptic circumstances, they had conquered impossible odds, but not only that, they had ended up gaining so much as a result. Vualable things, power, but most important of all, each other. Martín del Mar is a man who has learned to count his blessings, and among them all, there is none more important to him than the words had spoken on the night before the attack on Mount Pyre.
[break][break]
So, how could he not want to celebrate? How could he not smile into the kiss? How could he not respond with the same passion and wish his hands were free so he could pull Barnaby closer, shut the door behind them, and claim what’s his? Shame he’s holding Champagne and glasses.
[break][break]
”Careful, trésor.” Mars teases once they pull away from the kiss, smirking at Barnaby. ”People might start wondering if I’m cheating on my boyfriend.”
[break][break]
His boyfriend. Silly, how a single word can make him so terribly happy.
[break][break]
Still, the matter of their relationship and their hidden identities is indeed a serious one that they should discuss in full, but surely that can wait for a moment, no? First things first. Which, of course, means stepping into the office to pour them a drink. A toast is in order!
[break][break]
”The office is looking great. I like the couch.” There’s a smile at that, yet it’s oh so calmly that the classes are set down on the table and the bottle is opened.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 19:33:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
His boyfriend.

The moniker was so foreign, so unfamiliar to Barnaby, yet an incredibly exhilarating thing to hear pass through 's lips. Up until now had only ever entertained passionate dalliances, surface-level hookups, friends with benefits... nothing serious. Nothing like the way Mars' adoring expression made him feel, how his kisses left him longing for more...

"Cheating? We can't have people thinking that, now can we?" Did anyone even know the extent of their relationship? Things like that seemed to be kept fairly under wraps by most couples in the organization. Truly, Barnaby could only think of a few who were openly together, like and .

The clinking of glasses pulled Barnaby away from his thoughts. He'd take a glass once Mars offered it to him, though he didn't drink from it immediately.

"I still have a little more to unpack, but it's coming along." The couch comment was noted, of course, and brought back his typical teasing smile. "It's very comfortable, actually. Feel free to try it out sometime."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 0:44:06 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

There are a lot conversation they should have; things that been delayed and left for another time. This happens to be one them, and in the end, if there’s any lesson to have been taught to Hoenn during the nerve-wracking months that led to 99943 Meteno’s arrival, wouldn’t that be that there’s no time like the present.
[break][break]
Especially when it comes this.
[break][break]
“No, we can’t. He agrees, his smile ever playful. However, when his gaze meets that of his lover, it does not part — watching him through what it is then said. “…Which begs the question, doesn’t it? Do you think we should make people here aware of it? Since, after all, most of them will know that I’m dating this one exquisitely handsome and talented HNN reporter. You’ve probably heard of him. ? Don’t get too jealous, hm?”
[break][break]
There’s a teasing wink, but the question is serious and honest all the same: if Barnaby wants to keep his public persona and his role as one of Team Rocket’s admin separate, letting the rest of the syndicate know they’re in a relationship is probably not the wisest approach. It’s an annoying thought, because honestly, after everything they just went through, after coming so close to losing him, if it were up to Mars, he’d shout it to the world.
[break][break]
As per usual with the two of them, emotions like those are kept at bay by playfulness and jokes, and it’s after a sip of champagne that Mars’ gaze drifts to the couch once more, looking at it for a second before his attention returns to the now owner of this office:
[break][break]
“Yeah? Maybe we put that to the test later.”
[break][break]
It's not Mars' own office, after all. The rules they're both all too familiar with don't belong here anymore.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 4:17:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Oh? I actually have heard the gossip about you and Barnaby Finch." He played along, teasing, taking the first sip of champagne before adding, "I don't blame you for locking him down, Martín. He's quite the catch, I hear."

But what about Bee? Or Barnaby L'Oiseau?

Ah. There was a greater gravity to this situation outside of just the two of them within their relationship. How would it be perceived through the lens of Barnaby's various aliases? How could that determination have slipped so easily from his mind?

He felt he'd only just gotten to bask in the glow of their mutual affection. But now he needed to decide - was that affection just for ? The juggling of facades suddenly weighed heavy on his mind, something which Mars would have noticed in the way his eyes tightened and his smile fell ever so slightly.

"...We should probably keep our relationship separate from our Rocket work. Easier to navigate that way, hm?" On the surface, anyway, but Barnaby couldn't help but feel the strangling tendrils of his personas intertwining into a disconcerting mess in his mind.

"I'm sorry my situation is so... complicated." He sighed over the rim of his glass.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 5:08:47 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

“That he is.” Mars responds without missing a beat, and when he does so, he looks into the eyes of Team Rocket’s freshly minted Admin. His champagne flute is slightly raised as if to toast to this. “He’s all I could ever want and so much more.”

[break][break]

Words of affection flow with ease, and there’s warm and sweetness in the smile that tugs at his lips. He takes a sip, listening carefully, and although all of these are things he too had given much consideration too, he feels his smile fading. It’s not that he’s unhappy with the current situation, it’s not that he wishes things were different… it’s the knowledge that Barnaby is struggling to reconcile the reality of their relationship and their involvement with Team Rocket, and that watching him struggle is painful.

[break][break]

Mon Trésor. The term of endearment is used to call to his attention, and after the glass has been placed on the desk, he takes Barnaby’s hand to pull him closer to him. “It’s our situation, no? I have other identities too, and even the name the public knows me as isn’t who I really am.”

[break][break]

As much as he wishes it were.

[break][break]

No matter how hard he continues to try to deny it, he will always be a Marzán, and Mars is all too aware of that.

[break][break]

“But, no matter what the public knows… No matter what Rocket knows… Bee will always matter to me as much as , and the same can be said for Barnaby L'Oiseau. That’s something you will know.”

[break][break]

Mars has never cared much for the opinions of most people, but having to keep this a secret hurts. Why? The truth is obvious: Barnaby is the person who matters the most to him, and he would never want to pretend like that’s not the case, especially when their work for Team Rocket often means ending up in life-threatening situations together.

[break][break]

Situations like Mount Pyre….

[break][break]

“Plus… I think it’s safer for us this way.”

[break][break]

Not everyone in Team Rocket can be trusted.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 2:56:07 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
“He’s all I could ever want and so much more.”

blushed a pale, angelic pink. There was no denying the affect 's words had on him, no hiding behind alcohol this time around. Strangely, though, instead of shying away from his lover's sweet sentiment, he felt himself reassured. Even more so when Mars reached for his hand and pulled him in close.

"Mmm you're right..." Barnaby agreed, setting his own glass on his desk before pressing his torso against Mars' body. He then lifted his arms and locked them around his lover's neck while staring into those gorgeous amber eyes of his. "We're in this together."

The feeling of all-encompassing trust that welled in his chest was new and exciting. For once he felt he could put his life in someone's hands and knew for certain they'd covet it with all the care in the world. Barnaby was so caught up in this feeling, and in the soft assurances Mars was whispering in his ear, that he almost missed the significance of one of the underboss' comments.

In the back of Barnaby's mind something snapped into place and pulled at his insatiable curiosity.

"... Wait. The name the public knows... do you mean ?" He pulled away slightly, his brows furrowing in concern. "That's... not your real name?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 19:19:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The night before the meteor’s arrival… the night when truths had been spoken between them, and their mutual feelings had finally been acknowledged… that night had changed everything for them. It had been more than just an acknowledgement of their mutual fondness. It had been an acknowledgment of the trust they have in each other and of how much they matter to one another.

[break][break]

is the most important person to Mars, and even if there are many truths that he would never even consider sharing with anyone else, there isn’t a thing in his life that he wouldn’t want Barnaby to know about. Good or bad.

[break][break]

So it is that hands gently cup Barnaby’s cheeks, and when gazing into cobalt eyes he’d gladly get lost in, his answer is as honest as can be:

[break][break]

“No, it’s not.” There is a sigh, because while he’s not surprised Barnaby hadn’t realized (Mars had, after all, gone through great lengths to hide the truth), this is something about himself that he wishes weren’t true. If only he could just be . If only didn’t have to carry the heavy weight of his past and of all that had been lost by Martín Marzán…

[break][break]

“You researched me when we first met, right?” He must have. Barnaby is a journalist, and a great one at that. He’s exactly the sort of person because of whom Mars had been so careful once. The sort of person because of whom he's still takes precautions. “And if you did, you didn’t find anything remarkable about my childhood… or any mention of my wife and what happened to her…”

[break][break]

He decides not to hide the pain; not to pretend as if this doesn’t bother him. Perhaps even worse than the grief is the guilt of spending every day of his life acting as if Natalia never existed. Even now there’s a part of his heart that will always belong to her. That’s the thing about having loved and lost; moving on doesn’t mean those feelings go away. One can love again and still honour the memories of what was once so cherished.

[break][break]

“…My name is Martín Marzán.”

[break][break]

There is no fondness towards the Marzán name; there is only venom and hatred expressed in the coldness of his amber gaze.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 22:39:32 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Oh, how the tables had turned. Hadn't he been in almost this exact position just a few months ago, but with the roles reversed? Back then had endured his admission with rage and confusion. Now, with him on the receiving end of things, the feeling currently overtaking was neither anger nor confusion... but curiosity. A deep, burning curiosity.

As with all things, he wanted to know why.

"Martín... Marzán." Barnaby repeated, racking his brain for any scraps of recognition. There were whispers of familiarity, but nothing concrete. Nothing he could apply to this newfound name. Martín's true name.

"You're right, though, I didn't find anything extraordinary..." A hand reached up to cover one of the ones Mars used to cup Barnaby's cheek. Not to remove it, but just to feel the reassuring touch of skin on skin contact. The ROCKET admin was held in place, anyway; he couldn't look away from those brooding golden eyes even if he wanted to. "... which for you seemed odd. But I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt."

His hand tightened around Mars' own.

"Maybe I was already falling for you even way back then." A breath of levity breathed into what was turning into quite a serious conversation. Barnaby didn't stop there, however, and continued vying for more information.

"When I couldn't find anything about your wife's passing, I assumed an illness of some sort..." He'd just explicitly mentioned her, though, which prompted his next question. "...but that's not what happened, is it?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 0:15:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”...I’ve lost too many people I care for, Barnaby. I can’t lose you too.” Mars had said once. Back when the skies of Sootopolis had been darkened by Necrozma and blood had been shed beneath the Tree of Life. ”...What if I told you it’s not safe to be around me, though? That you could be in danger because of me?”

[break][break]

He had to warn him. He had tried to make sure Barnaby understood what staying by his side might mean; that there may be nothing more dangerous than being someone who matters to him. However, as much as he had been honest, as much as he had wanted Barnaby to understand, he hadn’t been able to bring himself to explain it in full and share the painful truth. It had not been the right moment and Mars had simply not been ready to speak of the past.

[break][break]

”There are people in this world who want me to lose everyone who matters to me.”

[break][break]

Ready or not, he will speak of it now. It’s a truth deserves to hear.

[break][break]

“No… Natalia died because of me.” The admission cuts like a knife; a stab through his own heart. When looking into his lover’s eyes, Mars tells himself to stay strong, to stand his ground, to not give into the despair of the memory that so often haunts his nights…

[break][break]

It’s always the same nightmare. She calls him; crying, begging for him to come home, saying someone is there. He runs, but the elevator doesn’t work, and the farther he climbs up the stairs, the farther away he seems to get from the penthouse. When he finally manages to climb up, the door is ajar, and every single time, what awaits him in what he had once considered his home is the remnants of a warzone. Broken glass. Broken furniture. Blood on the walls. She is there too: pale, unmoving, and cold. Her Sylveon, beaten and bruised, lies by her side, nudging her and trying to wake her up. But, she doesn’t. Natalia never wakes up.

[break][break]

He can see it clearly on his right hand now, as it cups Barnaby’s cheek: the faint yet deep scar that had been left behind by Achelous’ bite when he had reached for Natalia's body. He has never told Barnaby about the origin of that scar. A truth for another time.

[break][break]

“The Marzáns… my family… They’re part of a crime syndicate in Sinnoh — at the very centre of it.” Family is a joke of a word, spoken with resentment and hatred. Spoken with pain. Spoken with the weight of everything the Marzáns had put him through since he was no more than a boy. “My parents tried to keep me away from them so I wouldn’t grow up into this life, but they couldn’t stop my grandfather. He took me and raised me to be his heir. He—… he did a lot of fucked up shit to make sure he’d be able to control me my entire life… and when my wife got pregnant and became a clear threat to that control… well… you can imagine what he did then.”

[break][break]

He had her killed.

[break][break]

He killed every single person Mars had actually considered to be family.

[break][break]

One day soon, Emilio Marzán will pay for all of it. Mars will make sure of it.

[break][break]

“I tried to tell you before, but it’s… yeah…”

[break][break]

A sigh, exhausted, yet despite all the pain, not once does he look away from his lover.

[break][break]

Here he is: Martín Marzán, no filters, no facades, no attempts to hide the truth — broken.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 2:14:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"... you think that would scare me away, Martín?" Was what he'd said in response. "I can't walk away now. It would be worse than whatever they'd do to me."

That sentiment still held true in the here and now. More so, perhaps, now that they'd confessed their mutual affection for one another. Although at the time Barnaby could only speculate at the details, it all became clear why had been so secretive of this clandestine group that haunted him even in his dreams.

It was his family.

Not that that revelation truly surprised someone like . Familial ties had always been strained for him, to a degree that he held little if any affection for his own family. Still, his situation was a far cry from outright murder.

His wife and unborn child...

It was almost dizzying trying to wrap his head around the magnitude of his lover's loss. And as Mars' why came out through gritted teeth, unfettered pain laced with every word, Barnaby could practically feel the weight of Mars' plight settling heavily on his shoulders.

"Oh, Martín..." Barnaby lamented softly, is voice inflected with a deep sadness.

hadn't broken eye contact throughout the entirety of his explanation, and neither had Barnaby. Mars deserved his undiluted attention in that moment. But once the final word had left his lips, the ROCKET admin was the first to break away - he leaned in, wrapping his arms tightly around his partner's broad torso. Fingers clenched the fabric of his shirt, warm breath grazed the back of his neck as Barnaby pressed himself close.

As close as he could possibly get. If he could, he would melt into Mars, intertwine and share the burden of the pain that festered inside of him. Alas, in this moment, a simple embrace was all he could think to do.

"You've suffered so much more than I ever thought possible..." How could he have ever thought that this had been his lover's life? His beautiful, talented, charismatic partner? The one person who always thought of his wellbeing first and foremost? After so much loss... how could he still be so perfect?

Ah. Barnaby could guess, at least partly. Just like him, Mars hid his brokenness well.

But now he had decided to share those broken pieces and for that, was forever grateful.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered into Mars' neck. "Thank you for telling me... I know it must be difficult to talk about."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 20:48:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Caring is weakness, because caring about people means being at the mercy of their existence. It means making their needs and desires a priority, it means being affected by what happens to them, and it also means doing a lot that may be to his own detriment for their sake. In order to survive, in order to conquer the circumstances fate had thrown his way, in order to avoid the repetition of past tragedies, Mars had taught himself not to care about most people in his life.

[break][break]

is one of the few exceptions to this rule that is a fundamental pillar in the life of Martín del Mar. With the exception of himself, is the most important person in his life.

[break][break]

This means that when he shares the unfiltered truth with him, what Mars dreads comes to pass: he’s left at Barnaby’s mercy. What will he think? How will he react? Will he be angry? Will be hurt? Will he want to leave? Will he despise him and never speak to him again–…

[break][break]

The embrace is a tether, grounding him – keeping him from falling into the endless spiral of concern. Arms wrap tightly around his lover, and when he nuzzles into him, he breaths in, taking in that scent that has become so comforting and cherished. Sandalwood and lavender. The scent of his happiest moments in this past year.

[break][break]

“You deserve to know.” He whispers, deaf to apologies. He doesn’t want Barnaby to feel sorry for him. He doesn’t want him to try to empathize or to try to put himself in his place. He just wants him to know. He just wants him to understand. “You’re the only person from whom I would never want to hide who I am… what I am. You will always get the truth from me, mon trésor, so don’t ever be afraid to ask.”

[break][break]

There’s an irony to speaking such words in this place that’s so full of secrets; where most people don’t even know who either of them really is. However, Mars means it from the bottom of his heart, and that in itself is another sign of a truth they’re both well aware of by now:

[break][break]

The trust and care he has for Barnaby is unmatched.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 1:49:51 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Pity was not an emotion would ever feel for .

But empathy? That was something he couldn't stop himself from feeling. The ROCKET underboss was far too entangled in Barnaby's heart and mind for him to not embody the other's loss.

He would never know exactly how Mars felt the day he found his wife on the floor of their home. He would never know the torment of biding his time and waiting to enact revenge on her murderers. Never know the ache of losing someone you loved with your entire soul. None of it.

He would try, though... if only because he cared so, so much.

"Come here." Barnaby beckoned softly, pulling away and taking Mars by the hand before leading him to the couch. Once they'd settled beside one another he'd continue by adding,

"What I promised before still stands. Use me however you see fit. Now that I know why..." A thumb stroked the top of Mars' hand. He hadn't released his grip from earlier. "...I want to help you even more."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 3:55:03 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Some people will tell you that revenge is a dish best served cold, and while they might be right and revenge requires careful planning in order for it to be properly executed and have all the desired impact, they never tell you about all the torment of such preparations. All the constant pain that serves as fuel, burning through your body as if to say that once you have your revenge, it will be gone. All the hatred that consumes you, pushing you to want to hurt those who hurt you. All the anger, the resentment, the misery, the anguish... the agony.
[break][break]
All of these feelings have consumed Martín Marzán ever since he lost what mattered to him the most... All of these feelings had shaped him for most of his life, since revenge has been something he has craved since he was young. That craving had been reawakened and empowered with the loss of his wife and child, and in these flames that threaten to burn his very soul into nothingness, only has been able to provide some relief from the agony caused by them.
[break][break]
The flames won't go away, but Barnaby offers to walk through them with him. His lover does not attempt to douse these burning feelings, and for that Mars is more grateful than anything. There is no 'forgiving and forgetting'. There is no moving on and leaving the past behind.
[break][break]
The only path ahead is to destroy what has caused so much harm before it does so one more time.
[break][break]
"If you're certain, then I will." Mars whispers when sitting by Barnaby's side. He still holds firmly onto his hand and he does not look away even once. "I had delayed things before, and when we were left unable to leave Hoenn, I regretted that. I can't wait anymore, Barnaby... I need to be rid of them. I need to kill them before the past repeats itself."
[break][break]
Before they try to take Barnaby just as they had taken her.
[break][break]
There is no hesitation when he speaks of murder.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA