Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 3:09:20 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I'm certain."

Said with a steadfast conviction usually unseen in Barnaby's daily life. This solemn seriousness expressed in his words and expression spoke of a loyalty that transcended paltry institutions like ROCKET. Hand in hand, he would brave the fires with .

"Just tell me what you need."

He doesn't even hesitate, even when the certainty of murder was mentioned by . How else would the other exact his all-encompassing revenge? An eye for an eye, a life for a life.

However, Barnaby had yet to kill another human being.

The notion didn't shake his resolve, though.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 4:36:50 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

He's certain, but... is he really? Can Mars be faulted for questioning his lover's resolve? For wondering if he's really okay with what he had just been told? Okay with the risk he's now in by simply loving him? Mars is not okay with it. Not at all. This protective need to keep Barnaby safe is fuel of the destructive desires that exist within the underboss.
[break][break]
Burn it all down. Kill all those who would harm what you love.
[break][break]
A hand gently reaches for Barnaby's cheek, brushing a rogue strand of dark hair away from his face and tucking it behind his ear. There, it remains, just as golden eyes meet those cobalt ones.
[break][break]
"Barnaby... Are you certain? All of this is... a lot. You know I will always do everything in my power to keep you safe, but I have made promises like those before, and I—" He trails off. Martín del Mar may appear to be an endlessly confident man, but this may just be the only thing about which his confidence wavers. Barnaby has seen the effect the past has on him: the nightmares, the guilt, the regret, the sorrow, the fear of losing his loved one. Mars would never call it that, but Barnaby knows what lies in his heart. "...I would have understood if all of this pushed you away."
[break][break]
Ever pragmatic, he had prepared for it, in a way.
[break][break]
A soft smile tugs at his lips. The kind of smile only his lover can get out of him.
[break][break]
"I'm glad it didn't."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 19:01:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It is a lot.

And perhaps caught up in the heat of the moment as he is - in the shock of 's revelation - Barnaby was a little too steadfast in his convictions. He'd given himself no time to think of the depth of what agreeing to help truly meant. What sorts of new dangers he was setting himself up to encounter by opposing this Sinnoh Syndicate...

But it didn't matter. In 's eyes, it was all very black and white. He either helped or he didn't. To not offer aid to his partner in such a pivotal moment was effectively denying the affection and commitment that'd fostered over the past year - and that was not something he was willing to jeopardize.

"I've made my choice, Martín. There's no persuading me now." Where Mars' hand hovered beside his cheek, Barnaby grabbed his wrist and leaned into the other man's palm, shifting to place a gentle kiss upon the supple skin there.

"Besides, how could I ever leave you to fight these dangers alone?" He questioned, cobalt eyes sliding over to meet Mars' amber. His cheek remained in his partner's palm. "When I thought I lost you at Mt. Pyre... I quickly realized that I don't think I'm capable of living without you anymore."

He paused a moment for the gravity of that comment to sink in. Only a second, though, because of course Barnaby had to follow up with something a little less serious.

"Please don't ever run face-first into a giant monster again, by the way. You almost gave me a heart attack."
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 16:59:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It had been meant to be a celebration, so how had it turned into this? Why had champagne flutes been set aside in favour of speaking of subjects so grim? Because of the truth. Because of trust. Because this conversation had been long overdue and the despair of endangering what is precious to them is still present in their hearts.
[break][break]
"When you thought you lost me—..." Mars echoes Barnaby's words, yet in his tone there is nothing but confusion. Had he not realized that he had worried him? No, it's not that... He just doesn't realize what Barnaby is referring to.
[break][break]
Run face-first into a giant monster?
[break][break]
He never had.
[break][break]
He had been careful.
[break][break]
Mars would never needlessly put his own life at risk, and having previously experienced the might of Palkia's attacks, he had known approaching it without precautions would be foolish. That's why he—...
[break][break]
"Oh." Against all odds, there is a soft chuckle, and he reaches in to give Barnaby a soft kiss. "You have the wrong idea, mon trésor. That wasn't me. Well... it was, but it was... a copy."
[break][break]
A clone.
[break][break]
Identical in every way, yet not.
[break][break]
A look-alike born for one single purpose and discarded once the conditions had no longer been favourable.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 2:09:21 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"I'm... sorry—" Barnaby blinked. Twice. "What?"

It took him a moment to process just exactly what was trying to convey. Not too long, though. He'd felt this way before, after all - although last time he'd been pinned down to the floor of the ROCKET training room. It was a mixture of awe and stupor.

"A copy." He repeated, deadpan.

"Like... a clone?" More incredulous this time.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me, Martín." There it was. A tone that embodied how fully over all of the superpowered, cool shit that was now able to do.

He still leaned forward to receive the kiss, though, in a joking, begrudging way. "What else can you do? Anything I should be aware of?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 4:34:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Barnaby's stupor is justified, yet Mars still can't help but to find it amusing. He knows his lover isn't actually upset by the revelation, so he smiles, and that smile is soon followed by the sound of a laugh.
[break][break]
"Nothing you're not already aware of, I promise."
[break][break]
There are abilities of his of which only and know. He had expressed the need for this secrecy. For, they may just be the only two people he truly trusts in all of the Hoenn region — in the whole world, honestly.
[break][break]
The clone, though...
[break][break]
"I only discovered it recently. I imagine it's an extension of my creation ability. It might be best to be discrete about that one too... I'll tell you more about it later, yeah?"
[break][break]
He's sure Barnaby will have his fare share of questions too. Questions not meant for this time and this place. After all, he had come here for a different (yet potentially related) purpose.
[break][break]
"I should hand it to you... You've done well in deflecting and changing the subject, mon trésor." He teases, his gaze meeting Barnaby's — gold on cobalt. The smile shifts into a smirk then, playful yet warm and honest. "...I'm really proud of you, you know that, right?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
▷ POST PAAA

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 23:34:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
A literal, spontaneous clone.

Arceus, what a world they lived in. How had he avoided all of these supernatural phenomena while in Kalos? Or perhaps the better question would be... why was it so prevalent in Hoenn? The answer to that was already partially known... the Hollowed Earth Theory, the DRK Triad...

But those worries were for another time.

"Sure, of course. Maybe later you can..." His eyebrow lifted in a knowing way. "...Show it to me in a little more detail." Barnaby was curious just how accurate to life the clone was. Was it semi-sentient? Fully? Able to act on it's own? Who knew. 's powers seemed to be almost limitless.

Back to the initial reason for the underboss' visit, however, Barnaby was reminded how off-topic they had gotten. The thought brought a warm smile to his lips; he just couldn't help getting carried away in Mars' presence.

"I know." But it still incited butterflies in his stomach and brought blood rushing to his ears.

"Thank you, Martín." Barnaby responded softly, lifting his hand to cup 's cheek. His thumb lightly stroked the flesh there as he continued, "That means more than you could possibly imagine."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
À La Tienne [M]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 1:05:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: